IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

Just now, TuringMachine said:

I thought that already happened? 

Yes that was yesterday.

• Upvote 1

My headship just came to let me know his car is ready and if this is a good time to drop him off to retrieve it. I said: sure, as soon as Scumbag is sentenced. 

Follow confused look. 

Will explain later, give me a bit of time. 

🙈

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 29
  • Love 1

I am wondering how much location plays into which siblings most affected decided to attend. Joy lives close while Jinger and Jill live away. 

The comment about the lost boy accompanying Joy is interesting; he lives at home yet is with Joy who is not a Josh supporter. I’m kind of impressed and rather surprised she is there. I think it shows a maturity that she’s grown in to which may have something to do with being a mom of young children.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

I never watched the show. I saw the first special and it befuddled me and I never watched anything afterwards. 

I put them entirely out of my mind until I started following fundies a few years later & there they were, front & center. 

I've never watched them but they are everywhere & have tried to influence society - so I've paid attention, as much as I'd like not to. 

I used to avidly watch this family that seemed to live family values and was so unlike my abusive family. I missed the signs, big time.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 10

7 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I read that in a Weasley voice 😆

Tweety Bird works, too! 

7 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:
  8 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

We're trying to diffuse the tension....

• Upvote 3

Damn. I took a break hoping once I reached the end there’d be a time. Sigh. Off to work again until the next time I can check. Hurry up and get 20 already!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Oh I forgot the sentencing was today. Hopefully he gets a good long sentence. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I used to avidly watch this family that seemed to live family values and was so unlike my abusive family. I missed the signs, big time.

Same. They reminded me of my happy childhood and made me look forward to having my own kids. How wrong was I?!

• Upvote 4

Found this on reddit  about federal sentencing hearings and it made me laugh. This is SC but I would assume federal cases are pretty much the same everywhere. 

"Your attorney can also submit letters to the Court; however, physical presence is preferred over letters. The letters should say more than “John Doe is a good person.” The Judge is not looking for a stack of letters about what a great gal or dude you are. The Judge wants to know what have you learned from this experience? How and how well does this person know you? How has this crime affected you and your family? What hardships have you overcome? What physical ailments do you have that would be important because they would need attention after you are in prison?"

https://www.swilliams-law.net/blog/federal-sentencing-hearings-what-to-expect

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

22 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I agree, and I actually think he'll re-offend with more CSAM. I agree with the prosecution - he'll just try harder to go undetected, and once again thinking he's the smartest person in the room, he'll eventually be caught again.

I see Jim Bobby's old pal and Josh's mentor-in-crime, James Hutchens, has supposedly been paroled (Radar via the Sun -https://radaronline.com/p/josh-duggar-convicted-state-trooper-let-go-released-from-prison/)   

Especially (hopefully) as technology for law enforcement to detect improves while he’s jailed, and his technology knowledge doesn’t keep up. 

• Upvote 5

How is the Sun getting all these updates if the courtroom is closed to devices? Do they have someone running out in to the hall and very few minutes?

• Upvote 3

Just now, onekidanddone said:

How is the Sun getting all these updates if the courtroom is closed to devices? Do they have someone running out in to the hall and very few minutes?

I haven’t read any actual updates from them since the sentencing began. It’s just been rehashing of old news. It’s been radio silent from pretty much all sources since it started. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

They're not posting any courtroom updates. The Amy stuff was from a previous interview. The other updates are just summarizing things that have happened in the past few weeks.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

They're NOT.  They're rehashing old news and things from publicly released court documents.  The only actual updates from them have been pics of JB, Anna, Joy with Jason entering court. Everything else is old stuff.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

31 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

This. Especially as it seems he is there to support Joy. 

And wasn't he the brother who reposted Jeremy's scathing post when Josh was convicted...saying something like "100%"    He is definitely NOT on team Josh. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Per Reddit the Judge says Duggar’s argument lacks merit. Not sure if this is Josh’s statement or the argument to acquit. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

My headship just came to let me know his car is ready and if this is a good time to drop him off to retrieve it. I said: sure, as soon as Scumbag is sentenced. 

Follow confused look. 

Will explain later, give me a bit of time. 

🙈

No, the answer is no, this is not a good time. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

They should at least have a break soon, so we should be able to find out what's been said.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per Reddit the Judge says Duggar’s argument lacks merit.

That was all released yesterday. The fed's sentencing recommendation, Josh's lawyer's request for 5 years, the motion to acquit or dismiss...all yesterday.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

That was all released yesterday. The fed's sentencing recommendation, Josh's lawyer's request for 5 years, the motion to acquit or dismiss...all yesterday.

Ok so Reddit is behind

• Upvote 2

Whoever is posting on reddit seems to be copying from the sun but leaving out or missing the "on Tuesday" part.

• Upvote 4

This sure seems to be taking a long time! Can we read anything into this, or is it just one of those things where it takes however long it takes, for no particular reason?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic