IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, FiveAcres said:

Anna is "happy?" Maybe she got into Michelle's supply.

She went running for the shelter of mother’s little helper. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

I have no idea but the fact that the level 2 enhancement was dismissed but the levels 4 and 5 enhancements were kept makes me think that the judge kept the enhancements that will lead to a longer sentence.

Does anyone know if that is right? I just figured because they are higher numbers and sound more serious that they could lead to a higher sentence.

Edited by BensAllergies
Wrong numbers
  • Upvote 4

Just now, BensAllergies said:

I have no idea but the fact that the level 2 enhancement was dismissed but the levels 5 and 6 enhancements were kept makes me think that the judge kept the enhancements that will lead to a longer sentence.

Does anyone know if that is right? I just figured because they are higher numbers and sound more serious that they could lead to a higher sentence.

Excellent question. I’m not sure.

• Upvote 2

The numbers are cumulative. 

Anyone know why they would be discussing release requirements?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Possession was dismissed WITHOUT prejudice, leaving the door open for future charges. That is interesting. 

Did we know that? I didn't. 

I am sorry, but can someone explain this part of the sentence for me? I understand the words one at a time, but because English is not my native language I do not understand what it means.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the TTH after all of this goes down! This means that people living in that house are NOT toeing JB’s line on the issue of Josh, publicly so as of today. Don’t both James and Jason still live at home?

Officially they are both still at home.  James was on a buddy team with Joy and Jill (and I think Jenny).
Its not just Josh and Jill for JB to worry about.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

6 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Anna is "happy?" Maybe she got into Michelle's supply.

I think she's happy just to see Josh.  Last time she saw him he was being whisked off to jail. She'll probably be able to visit him in person soon too. Either way, it is some sort of closure for her.  And yeah, drugs might be helping.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I am sorry, but can someone explain this part of the sentence for me? I understand the words one at a time, but because English is not my native language I do not understand what it means.

It's not really an English language phrase, but a legal one. I had to google it. But apparently when a case is dismissed "with prejudice" it simply means it is permanently dismissed. If a case is dismissed "without prejudice", it's not permanent and the case can be refiled in the future if the prosecutors choose.

Edited by zygote373
added a word
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13

Just now, Scrabblemaster said:

I had to look this up too; per the Google:

Dismissed With Prejudice means that the case is over and the defendant can no longer be tried in court for the offense; it's considered over and done forever.

Dismissed Without Prejudice means that while it is dismissed now, the prosecutor can bring it back to court and have the defendant tried again at a later date.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12

4 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Anyone know why they would be discussing release requirements?

As he's not getting a life sentence, the judge will set supervision and release requirements today.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 11

4 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I don't know the legal language behind it but when charges are dismissed without prejudice, they can be filed again at a later date if the need arises. If they are dismissed with prejudice, the charges are "dead" and cannot be used again on the same person. Plays into the "double jeopardy" of the US Justice system, where a person found not guilty cannot be charged again for the same crime. The charges weren't dismissed because he was found not guilty; they were dismissed because that's how the system works. 

*And several of you best me to it. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the TTH after all of this goes down! This means that people living in that house are NOT toeing JB’s line on the issue of Josh, publicly so as of today. Don’t both James and Jason still live at home?

I don't think that Boob has as much influence over the family like he had when the money was rolling in from 19 Kids and Counting. There might be a chance that Boob is going to shun some members of the family once he finds out that they didn't tow the line regarding their opinion of Josh. The whole family is collapsing like cheap scaffolding!

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

How long is lunch?

they went back into session at 12:10 CST (so 7 minutes ago)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Level 5 enhancement for past behaviour stands.  What happened to Joy and her sisters (but Joy's the one in that courtroom today) will count to Josh's sentence.  I hope she finds comfort in that, the judge cares more than her F*&£ing parents.

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

Maybe the judge called lunch to give Josh one last time to sit down and eat with Anna before he gives Josh a longer sentence than he and Anna may be expecting.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, imokit said:

Level 5 enhancement for past behaviour stands.  What happened to Joy and her sisters (but Joy's the one in that courtroom today) will count to Josh's sentence.  I hope she finds comfort in that, the judge cares more than her F*&£ing parents.

Can you imagine what is going through her & Jill's heads (I don't know that the other two are processing anything; Jessa is a robot & I pay as little attention to Jinger as possible) to know that a judge, who they don't know & never met, is more concerned about what they went through than their own damn parents? 

The trauma these women are dealing with as this plays out has got to be gut wrenching. 

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

She went running for the shelter of mother’s little helper. 

I also have to make use of it from time to time and I also only have one.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Duggadict said:

I don’t know, I think that her trip to California without JB and with Joy to visit Jinger tells some part of the story 

Except then there’s the letter with her cutsie little heart above the eye in her “signature”….. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, The Son of a Shepherd said:

I don't think that Boob has as much influence over the family like he had when the money was rolling in from 19 Kids and Counting. There might be a chance that Boob is going to shun some members of the family once he finds out that they didn't tow the line regarding their opinion of Josh. The whole family is collapsing like cheap scaffolding!

From your lips to Rufus' ears. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Perhaps not for much longer. Maybe moving in with older sisters soon?

6 minutes ago, The Son of a Shepherd said:

The whole family is collapsing like cheap scaffolding!

What else do you expect from shoddy Duggar craftsmanship?

5 minutes ago, Cam said:

Maybe the judge called lunch to give Josh one last time to sit down and eat with Anna before he gives Josh a longer sentence than he and Anna may be expecting.

Would Anna be allowed to eat with Josh?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Cam said:

The lunch break is because a court reporter always needs regular breaks and the court staff require breaks as well. Josh is a convicted felon in custody. He isn’t going to be allowed to sit have lunch with Anna. He goes back to a cell at the courthouse. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 31
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, catlady said:

I had to look this up too; per the Google:

Dismissed With Prejudice means that the case is over and the defendant can no longer be tried in court for the offense; it's considered over and done forever.

Dismissed Without Prejudice means that while it is dismissed now, the prosecutor can bring it back to court and have the defendant tried again at a later date.  

The important part of that being that if, somehow, Josh's lawyers managed to get him a new trial, that charge is not excluded. So if somehow the worse charge gets dismissed, they could still charge him again with that charge since it was dismissed without prejudice.

I wouldn't read too much into the seating arrangements of the siblings. I'm pretty sure they're all good at compartmentalizing things.

Also, if I was Anna I'd be happy today, too. But for a very different reason.

At least though some of the up-in-the-air nature of her life is about to settle, since after the sentencing she'll know how long she can expect him to be gone. It's got to be stressful, what does she tell the kids, when she doesn't know if he'll be gone 5 years or 20?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Per the Sun, the objection to Josh's Ashely Madison use was overruled because it shows a "moral failing" in Josh when he claims to be a family man, which is relevant to the case. 

I like this judge. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 31
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic