IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, FunDieDumDum said:

This sure seems to be taking a long time! Can we read anything into this, or is it just one of those things where it takes however long it takes, for no particular reason?

It should be almost over.  I can't imagine the judge wants to continue this after a lunch break..  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, FunDieDumDum said:

This sure seems to be taking a long time! Can we read anything into this, or is it just one of those things where it takes however long it takes, for no particular reason?

We don't know if they started on time.  There's a lot of legalese to get through.  We also don't know if people are going to speaking in person for the defence (mitigating) or prosecution (victim impact statements).  Josh also gets to speak if he wants.

Basically its an opportunity for a lot of people to talk a lot if they want to.  And we don't know until its happened how many people that will be.

Either way we know he's going to jail for at least 5 years.  It taking ages just means lots of people want to talk.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Ok so Reddit is behind

No, just a few commenters are reporting what the sun says. The sun is just repeating old news to kill time and pretending its a real update.

• Upvote 4

Just now, BernRul said:

No, just a few commenters are reporting what the sun says. The sun is just repeating old news to kill time and pretending its a real update.

Reddit is moving so quick it is hard to keep up with, I’ve gave up there and I’m just following here now.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Glasgowghirl said:

Reddit is moving so quick it is hard to keep up with, I’ve gave up there and I’m just following here now.

I was only getting anything with constant refreshing.

• Upvote 1

I’ve had a busy work morning and can’t keep up - can someone tell me who has been spotted at the court. I saw Anna and Joy, anyone else?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

It should be almost over.  I can't imagine the judge wants to continue this after a lunch break..  

This is my impression. He has seemed very done with the Duggars overall and would prob feel like doing a lunch recess would be a waste of time

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

It’s 11:30am right now and I remember that lunch breaks happened as late as 1pm during previous hearings with this judge. I would be surprised if we didn’t hear something by 1 at the latest.

I need to make and eat my own lunch right now, and the baby just woke up and will want a bottle around noon. I just know that as soon as I put the phone down that something new will come out…

• Upvote 2

Just now, SimplyMe said:

I’ve had a busy work morning and can’t keep up - can someone tell me who has been spotted at the court. I saw Anna and Joy, anyone else?  

JimBob, and apparently Bobbye. (Bobbye is the woman who testified to Josh's confession to her that he molested his siblings.) Jason is there accompanying Joy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Ha! The Redditors are naming the megathreads by the kids (#9 is Thread Joy-Anna).

• Haha 18
  • Thank You 1

It’s gotta be any minute, now, right?

Here’s hoping for safety for the rest of us and a long sentence for skank.

Just now, FiveAcres said:

JimBob, and apparently Bobbye. (Bobbye is the woman who testified to Josh's confession to her that he molested his siblings.) Jason is there accompanying Joy.  

Thank you!  I’m surprised there aren’t more family members there - Justin, his mommy-in-law, Pecan Thief, etc

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

Anna first, then JB (a while later), then Joy accompanied by Jason (an unmarried still at home Howler).  Bobeye Holt also reported to be there. No one else.  No Derrick, No Austin, No Justin, No Hillary.

No Michelle - who should be there for Joy if not for Josh.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Wonder if Austin couldn’t go because he’s been ready to rock Skank & Daddy Skank’s shit for a minute…? Understandably so.

• Upvote 1

Looong time lurker here!

I can't wait to see Smuggar get at least some time in prison for his deviance. I HATE the Duggar family because my fundie ex-husband used to beat me for "not acting like a Duggar woman"! He always told me that the Duggar women were the ideal model of a Christian woman. I'm glad to see that the house of cards is coming down.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 14
  • Love 28

3 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Ha! The Redditors are naming the megathreads by the kids (#9 is Thread Joy-Anna).

What if they get to 20, name it Jubilee or start with the grandkids.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, The Son of a Shepherd said:

Looong time lurker here!

I can't wait to see Smuggar get at least some time in prison for his deviance. I HATE the Duggar family because my fundie ex-husband used to beat me for "not acting like a Duggar woman"! He always told me that the Duggar women were the ideal model of a Christian woman. I'm glad to see that the house of cards is coming down.

Wow. I am so sorry that happened to you. You are an ideal model of you. And that is enough.

how can I support you?

Edited by Jacked
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Just now, SPHASH said:

What if they get to 20, name it Jubilee or start with the grandkids.

I want his sentence to come through on megathread Mack - though I'm not sure if that will be 19 or 20. Does she come before Josie as she's older, or after as kids before grand kids?

Defence team had 22 objections to sentencing report and its lunch time.

image.png.ca88cb5003729f94caeefde5a32062a6.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Apparently there were 22 objections by the defense!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, imokit said:

Anna first, then JB (a while later), then Joy accompanied by Jason (an unmarried still at home Howler).  Bobeye Holt also reported to be there. No one else.  No Derrick, No Austin, No Justin, No Hillary.

No Michelle - who should be there for Joy if not for Josh.

Michelle has been pretty absent for all of it.  As a mom, I find that shocking, yet on par for this family.  I can’t imagine supporting my pervert son over my victimized daughters.  She sucks. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, SimplyMe said:

Michelle has been pretty absent for all of it.  As a mom, I find that shocking, yet on par for this family.  I can’t imagine supporting my pervert son over my victimized daughters.  She sucks. 

It looks like she's not supporting anyone. I think she's been checked out for a long, long time. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

Holy smokes 22 objections! I wonder which ones the judge agreed with.

It’s good that he has aggressive counsel. They’re going after every loose end, and then some, so he can’t say later that they didn’t try.

So I guess we will find out no later than 5 local time?

• Upvote 11

Josh Duggar's appearance in court

Josh Duggar walked into the courtroom wearing a gray suit, according to the Sun's court reporter at the trial this morning.

She noted that the former reality star has a beard and appeared to have lost more of his hair.

From the sun

He's lost more hair  - sniggers gleefully 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic