IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

His brother is going to prison for committing a horrific crime. Now is not the time to dress as if he is attending a garden party.

He is also not the criminal.  Why are we picking on him?  He has every right to chose the fashion direction he wishes to go, and in my opinion I have seen a lot worse and less professional outfits than his.  Criticizing his fashion choices seems a bit BEC in my opinion.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 12

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I disagree about the Duggars knowing about a church dress code. The Duggars, IMO, have never been good/succesful at matching attire to venue. They show up to do farm work in flip flops and weddings looking like they just rolled out of bed. I always blamed their attire issues on their thriftiness.

And let's not forget when Joshley started his job at the FRC in Washington, DC there were a couple of sisters (forget which ones) who showed up at his office in flip flops.    

Just now, flowergirl said:

Is it really important, what J'Brother is wearing? He's not the accused one and he made an effort to show up. For me, that's enough. 

No, but we're all anxiously waiting for the verdict and that's what there is to snark on, so we're doing it.

Plus fashion is interesting, and the fundie take on fashion after being raised with "modest" rules is also interesting, IMO.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 2

I’m just glad he’s moved from family closet to having his own sense of style. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

The r/DuggarSnark forum is already on thread six. The mods create a new thread after approximately 1000 comments.

• Upvote 3

And I don't feel like he was being picked on any more than anyone else. Jim Bob's shoes, heck, Joy's shoes made my eyebrows raise up a little. 

Until we get the sentence, we have fashion!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe they will put them on closer to the courthouse…

Masks are encouraged, but not required inside the courthouse, I just checked the regs. requirements have nothing  to do with vaccination status.

To be fair to JB and Anna, I would 100% be wearing a mask if I knew my picture was going to be plastered everywhere and my expression scrutinized. especially if I was a public figure who had spent the last twenty years reflexively smiling in public. (Or since birth in the case of thumbs up Justin) 

14 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

The Jed with his matching white belt and sneakers....😬

It’s the actually fashionable Jed. But maybe not the best time to show off how hip you are.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

He is also not the criminal.  Why are we picking on him?  He has every right to chose the fashion direction he wishes to go, and in my opinion I have seen a lot worse and less professional outfits than his.  Criticizing his fashion choices seems a bit BEC in my opinion.  

This. Especially as it seems he is there to support Joy. 

• Upvote 9

I think Joy's dress is lovely. I wouldn't have worn those shoes to court, but the dress looks nice. Personally I think she should wear whatever she needs to be comfortable at this hideous hearing though. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mama Mia said:

To be fair to JB and Anna, I would 100% be wearing a mask if I knew my picture was going to be plastered everywhere and my expression scrutinized. especially if I was a public figure who had spent the last twenty years reflexively smiling in public. (Or since birth in the case of thumbs up Justin) 

Yes, I believe the masks aren't for covid but covid is a pretty darn good excuse to be able to cover your face when you want to hide it

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, Galbin said:

I think Joy's dress is lovely. I wouldn't have worn those shoes to court, but the dress looks nice. Personally I think she should wear whatever she needs to be comfortable at this hideous hearing though. 

I thought Joy’s outfit was nice. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

The r/DuggarSnark forum is already on thread six. The mods create a new thread after approximately 1000 comments.

I feel like they'd be still on three or four if you subtract "when will we know?," "post when it happens!," "where can I watch?," "why isn't the federal court streaming this for me to gawk at?," "ooh, another thread!," etc.

Is that how I'm meant to do the commas?(In the U.S., I know it's a bit different overseas, which I might pass judgment, not judgement on.)  It's been so long, I might have forgotten.

Edited by backyard sylph
a silly add-on
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, flowergirl said:

Is it really important, what J'Brother is wearing? He's not the accused one and he made an effort to show up. For me, that's enough. 

We're trying to diffuse the tension....

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, backyard sylph said:

I feel like they'd be still on three or four if you subtract "when will we know?," "post when it happens!," "where can I watch?," "why isn't the federal court streaming this for me to gawk at?," "ooh, another thread!," etc.

Is that how I'm meant to do the commas? It's been so long, I might have forgotten.

I think if the comma is part of the quote, it goes inside, and if it's not, it goes outside. Hopefully someone who actually knows will post but I think that's how it's supposed to work? Could totally be wrong, though.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

This. Especially as it seems he is there to support Joy. 

True.

Given the anxiety and tension, I have no problems finding amusement and humor wherever it can be found. And especially with fashion since the family has a gazillion modesty rules that clearly do not serve the intended purpose.

But he is there with Joy and that is different than showing up in support of Josh.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

I think if the comma is part of the quote, it goes inside, and if it's not, it goes outside. Hopefully someone who actually knows will post but I think that's how it's supposed to work? Could totally be wrong, though.

I know that is at least partly correct; I have confused myself with over-punctuation! 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, noseybutt said:

But he is there with Joy and that is different than showing up in support of Josh.

Unlike her own mother, again.

• Upvote 11

The mod team both here and on the Duggar Snark Reddit need an award for how they are coping today with all the people online.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 25
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Until we get the sentence, we have fashion!

I prefer this to The Sun, which is posting small clips of yesterday's news as if it was breaking news...

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per Reddit, the defense made a motion to acquit. The Judge denied it.

Given all the legal Hail Marys the defense has tried, I am not surprised to hear that.

Might be a standard legal thing to do before the hammer comes down.  Maybe some legal eagles here can confirm. 

ETA:  Sat through a sentencing years ago and there was a whole bunch of procedural stuff before things like victim impact statements were read and the sentence handed down.  

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

We're trying to diffuse the tension....

I read that in a Weasley voice 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

4 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Per Reddit, the defense made a motion to acquit. The Judge denied it.

I thought that already happened? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Nah- I stopped watching after Jill’s wedding, and still feel the need to comment.

I never watched the show. I saw the first special and it befuddled me and I never watched anything afterwards. 

I put them entirely out of my mind until I started following fundies a few years later & there they were, front & center. 

I've never watched them but they are everywhere & have tried to influence society - so I've paid attention, as much as I'd like not to. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic