IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

After sentencing then what? He’s taken from court then… immediately transferred? Put in solitary? Put on suicide watch?

• Upvote 1

+If sentencing is at 9:30CST that's just short of 13 hours away. 

13 hours until one of the worst humans gets put away for however long; no matter how long, it will be longer than he ever thought as he cried victim & daddy paid lawyers for over a year trying to keep him from responsibility for his actions. 

Tomorrow is already a good day because I get a day off of doctors/treatments. Now it will be even better as I watch for the consequences of his actions to become public. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 7

2 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

After sentencing then what? He’s taken from court then… immediately transferred? Put in solitary? Put on suicide watch?

Can’t think why a suicide watch now.  He knows he is being sentenced.  Surely he doesn’t have a fantasy that an angel of the Lord is going to come down and release him at the time of sentencing.

I wonder also if he is immediately transferred or if he gets one more night in jail while they do the paperwork.  If he is being transferred immediately, will he have been told to pack his belongings (toothbrush, underwear, bible) before going to court to be sentenced? 

I wonder which Duggars will be there.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I’m betting Derrick and possibly Jill. If they are reading letters into the record then Michelle, Anna, David Waller, ect. 

Who knows, after sentencing Jason may give us another thumbs up.

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Admittedly, I don't know my Jeds very well but I think that one was little Justin, the married boy? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Can’t think why a suicide watch now.  He knows he is being sentenced.  Surely he doesn’t have a fantasy that an angel of the Lord is going to come down and release him at the time of sentencing.

I wonder also if he is immediately transferred or if he gets one more night in jail while they do the paperwork.  If he is being transferred immediately, will he have been told to pack his belongings (toothbrush, underwear, bible) before going to court to be sentenced? 

The judge doesn't determine where Smuggar will end up. It could be weeks before he finds a forever (well close enough) home. 

I think with the enhancements he could get around 10. Enough time for Anna's baby factory to shut down for good. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

The judge doesn't determine where Smuggar will end up. It could be weeks before he finds a forever (well close enough) home. 

I think with the enhancements he could get around 10. Enough time for Anna's baby factory to shut down for good. 

Ok, so he gets a while back in jail while the Feds find him a place in their prison system.  Is this something that will be announced somewhere or will it be a mystery for our sleuths to solve?

i am hoping for 12, but would prefer 15.  I will settle for 10, but remember he will get time off for good behavior and he’s been serving the sentence in jail already, so 10 probably means he will be out in 8. :sad:

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jasmar said:

God, I hope you’re right. Hearing that half the conviction was vacated is not what I needed today. 

Think of it as tidying things up at sentencing. Josh did a series of actions that constituted two similar crimes - receiving & possessing the same things. We don’t punish people twice for the same conduct, so the Judge keeps the more serious count & sentences Josh for that one while vacating the lesser included offense.

• Upvote 7

Anna will be there,  maybe her parents to support her, and David Waller will certainly be taking charge again.
Michelle may be there dabbing her eyes, not sure JB can be trusted to behave. Derick may want to gloat. Jill is probably too pregnant to want to put herself through it.

They’ll keep ‘thumbs up’ Justin well away, although his new mummy Hilary may show. Joy and Austin? Maybe. I don’t see any of the other siblings showing up.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

This is when I haaaaaate being part of an international forum. I am sitting here at 8.50am Wednesday morning on the 25th (in New Zealand) and I think it is a perfectly fine time for the court to do its thing. Now I have to wait for Arkansas to catch up 😭

I hear ya!  I'm in Australia and it's now night time....  hurry up and spin world!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

7 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Admittedly, I don't know my Jeds very well but I think that one was little Justin, the married boy? 

It’s so easy to get confused, why not refer to him as Ja-Justin

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Please let him get 10-12 years please please please!!! I will be checking this thread at work all day. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Another Aussie here, about to go to bed and wake up tomorrow to learn how long Josh is gone for. I hope it is too long for Madyson to ever be a big sister.

I just… after today I need to hear SOMETHING to suggest that America cares a little bit about protecting children :(

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 11

14 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

DuggarSnark on Reddit is reporting the sentencing starts at 9:30 am. Arkansas time, so 8:30 am Mountain Daylight time.

Ugh. That's at the same time as my physical therapy appointment.Knee surgery sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

I’m with EmCatlyn and a few others (Smee, I think?) in hoping for 12 years. That way, even with time already served and possible shortening of sentence for good behavior, he won’t be getting out until a decade from now. Longer would be better, of course, but probably not realistic.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

The problem is the Duggars live in Arkansas and Josh is being sentenced there.   If you want to be on the same time zone, you need to move to the Central US or else move Josh and company to New Zealand

hahaha...I'm on the east coast of the US and I just had to check the time zone....I'm thinking we are 40 minutes away from starting this and it's really an hour and 40 minutes...

I hate the world today. I'm crying over more dead children and all of the other injustices in the world.  I know Josh is a guilty scum bag but isn't responsible for the latest shooting in Texas but my anger is focused on him.  I want bad people to be held to justice.  I need this to feel there is some good in the world...some sense of right from wrong,   If not the max I wanted nothing less than 18 when all of his kids will be adults. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

This thread is going to go nuts tomorrow. :popcorn2: 

Not enough hours. I’m watching the Depp/Heard case too. Is there even enough popcorn. 🤔

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Another Aussie here, about to go to bed and wake up tomorrow to learn how long Josh is gone for. I hope it is too long for Madyson to ever be a big sister.

I just… after today I need to hear SOMETHING to suggest that America cares a little bit about protecting children :(

Me too, I just know it’s gunna break just as I crash out. And I bet I don’t need to pee tonight. The one and only night I’ll sleep through 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Jasmar said:

God, I hope you’re right. Hearing that half the conviction was vacated is not what I needed today. 

Honestly, even if both the receipt and possession were still on the table it probably wouldn't have changed much. They likely would have given him an amount for both parts, say 8 years, but had them run concurrently, so he would do 8 years still, not 16. Unless the judge had zero intention on running the sentences concurrent, I don't see it making any significant difference. He's also going to get time served, most likely.

• Upvote 9

I see some people are hoping/expecting a high sentence. I just want to remind people that to us, often no sentence seems high enough, but we have to be prepared to hear a sentencing that can be seen as dissapointingly low. 
The most important thing to me right now in this case, is that Josh will finally be held accountable for his actions. No jesus jail this time. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Ok, so he gets a while back in jail while the Feds find him a place in their prison system.  Is this something that will be announced somewhere or will it be a mystery for our sleuths to solve?

I don't know that they will announce it in like a press release or news article per say but you can do onto the Federal Bureau of Prisons website and look him up. They have an inmate look-up. 

• Upvote 7

I dreamt last night that he got off with time served. There were pictures on the internet of Anna crying and hugging him, and Michelle standing by with tears in her eyes. He was surrounded by family, crying and cheering. It was so real.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic