IGNORED

Gilead Is Real: The War On Abortion And Women's Rights 2

GreyhoundFan

Not that it really matters but do we know yet whether the vote was 5-4 or 6-3? CNN is vague …

screw TFG and McConnell for stacking SCOTUS with arseholes.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Fucking hell. I had the notification pop up on my phone from Apple News and I legit shuddered. I don’t even live in the States. I am so fucking glad I don’t. 

I saw somewhere that it was 6-3.

• Upvote 11

No surprise, the hell will continue:

image.png.0b30c634e4549fa861c363475e6f7dee.png

image.png.9bc8592c4ebea67c82a6c24e1046c3f5.png

• Angry 1
  • Thank You 6

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

FUCK. I don’t know whether to cry, punch something, or both. I’m just sitting here shaking in rage after losing my breakfast. FUCK.

I'm sitting here crying in despair and anger. It just seems so hopeless. I don't even know what to say or do. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 10

Dear Faux -- FUCK YOU:

• Upvote 6

It boggles my mind that some Americans are utterly obsessed with the Second Amendment and yet don’t give a single fuck about the others. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12

4 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

And then what, segregation and anti-miscegenation laws revived? 🤬🤬🫣

Thomas isn't going to go after Loving v. Virginia as he's in an interracial marriage. Well, unless he wants a legal way to divest himself of his coup-loving wife.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

And then what, segregation and anti-miscegenation laws revived? 🤬🤬🫣

You think you are joking, but Loving is from the same tree of judicial thought IIRC.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Get ready for all the fundies to start posting on SM praising god for taking away women rights. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Not that it really matters but do we know yet whether the vote was 5-4 or 6-3? CNN is vague …

screw TFG and McConnell for stacking SCOTUS with arseholes.

It was 5-1-3. Roberts concurred that the MS law (bans abortion at 15 weeks) should be upheld but did not agree that abortion rights should return to the states.

• Thank You 12

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

You think you are joking, but Loving is from the same tree of judicial thought IIRC.

I’m actually not joking as much as I’d like to be. I don’t think it’s something that would be coming very soon, but unfortunately I absolutely believe that it might be on the table at some time … 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I couldn't agree more:

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

From Michelle:

And Barack:

image.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 4

image.png.af20d70e6878290f6e02b1fa20adcc59.png

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7

God. All the women. My daughter and niece. No one is safe. And knowing it was coming makes no difference in how awful this is.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

So, I have no words. Simply none. I'm sitting here, trying to put into words how I feel about this and I'm coming up short.

My heart goes out to you all.

• Thank You 7
  • Love 11

Trumpkin is going after the women of Virginia. No big surprise:

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

image.png.71ed427f339aeadfb97bf8d9c4fef9da.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

41 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thomas isn't going to go after Loving v. Virginia as he's in an interracial marriage. Well, unless he wants a legal way to divest himself of his coup-loving wife.

41 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I think that's absolutely up next - Thomas will do the mouth-dropped-open "hey, wait a minute!" act but I fully believe that unless there's a big shakeup about the Supreme Court then any federal protection against discrimination of any form is in the long list of things to be dismantled. First they're taking out women's reproductive rights. Next up logically is birth control, and they'll manage to slip same-sex marriages in alongside that. Once they've gone after the women and "the gays", who do you think is up next? They'll probably start against brown-skinned immigrants, but it won't take terribly long to go against all people of color. 

They aren't actually creating any new laws, after all, just knocking down previous rulings leaving things to the states. So we're going to end up with a split country - states controlled by Democrats will probably start passing more and more laws expanding rights, while the Republican states will get more restricted (under the guise of "less government") and more dangerous to live in. Also poorer, dumber, and more under the thumb of the rich politicians making the rules. All while claiming that they are the ones who are actually "free". Despite the opposite being true for everyone who isn't a straight, cis, white man. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Trumpkin is going after the women of Virginia. No big surprise:

What moron thought Trumpkin was a moderate? I mean, the fucking leaked audio of him saying he couldn't say he wanted Roe overturned to get elected answered that question quite nicely. He's NOT moderate.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.71ed427f339aeadfb97bf8d9c4fef9da.png

That's worse than I was anticipating. Instead of allowing progressive states to be progressive, they want to pull the whole country down to match the worst parts.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic