IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, eljayem said:

The juxtaposition of those photos with the scripture/lesson makes me laugh. Oh Erin. Just post the pics and rav about how lovely they are and how cool it was to do and maybe put in a word about how talented the photographer was.

"I love having annual family photos done. It does feel extravagant, but kids grow up so fast! I reached out to Precious PhotoLady, and she agreed to travel to Florida to meet us for some beach shots.  Precious PhotoLady took the most amazing pictures of us at sunrise. Chad said he wanted some shots just of me, so she brought along a glamorous dress for me to wear. So grateful to God for such a fun day!"

Fixed that for you, Erin. Honest and nonevasive.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

"I love having annual family photos done. It does feel extravagant, but kids grow up so fast! I reached out to Precious PhotoLady, and she agreed to travel to Florida to meet us for some beach shots.  Precious PhotoLady took the most amazing pictures of us at sunrise. Chad said he wanted some shots just of me, so she brought along a glamorous dress for me to wear. So grateful to God for such a fun day!"

Fixed that for you, Erin. Honest and nonevasive.

And where was that? Not in the post I read.

Sorry I think were being sarcastic but you had me fooled that was actually an Erin post 😂

Edited by eljayem
correction
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, eljayem said:

And where was that? Not in the post I read.

Sorry I think were being sarcastic but you had me fooled that was actually an Erin post 😂

LOL, how funny.  No, that was just an example of how Erin could have written her post, if she were interested in being authentic.

• Upvote 2

My guess is they met, had a conversation, Erin thought it would be great to get beach photos and that was all arranged. Photographer offered the dress. Possible she was doing the photographer a favor but also very likely Erin could have said no if she didn't like the look.

When challenged on IG, she felt defensive about her choice and in fundie style a bit guilty for doing family photos. So told the technical truth but with a little spin because fundies aren't allowed to have wants/desires/needs. So she can't just say: I wanted a photo shoot, liked the dress, and felt pretty. It has to be her helping out the photographer. 

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

My guess is they met, had a conversation, Erin thought it would be great to get beach photos and that was all arranged.

Might be plausible, except she met a photographer on the beach last year, too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Might be plausible, except she met a photographer on the beach last year, too. 

I wouldn’t be too surprised if there are photographers who look for clients at picturesque beach spots. I mean, family vacation is a great time for people to be sold on a family photo shoot. 

• Upvote 1

Getting free family pictures at the beach two years in a row because you casually encounter a photographer who thinks your family is just so darling she wants to photograh it seems highly unlikely.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, llucie said:

Getting free family pictures at the beach two years in a row because you casually encounter a photographer who thinks your family is just so darling she wants to photograh it seems highly unlikely.

Where does anyone claim that it was free???

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Plus, if you look at the photos, there was nothing spontaneous about that shoot. Everyone is in matching colors. Did she pack color-coordinated clothes for them when she was packing for the trip?  Including a little bow tie for Carson, IIRC

7 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I wouldn’t be too surprised if there are photographers who look for clients at picturesque beach spots. I mean, family vacation is a great time for people to be sold on a family photo shoot. 

A full-fledged photographer, with expensive equipment, a clothes closet and an IG account, does not usually have to roam the beaches asking for business.

I've been to many beautiful beaches and never once have I encountered a roaming photographer who offers to meet me later for a photo shoot.

Of course, in Mexico and other places, there are people who'll shoot your picture on the spot for a few dollars, but that's different.

Professional photo shoots cost a lot, and I'd never do a spontaneous one while on vacation. My good clothes and makeup are at home. I'm living out of a suitcase. My kids have their good clothes at home. I just wouldn't feel we'd get our best shot.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

Meh, I think it’s just too easily disproven to lie about and they are tagging each other in the posts. I think there’s  enough truth to the stories that Erin, who I believe is sincerely fundie, wouldn’t straight up lie about it. What would be the point? 

I do think the Bates are fundie famous enough that a photographer could be a fan and want to “bless” them or appreciate the potential clientele that a photo shoot could bring in. Look at Ms. Renee.  Could be a bunch of other elements that are not very interesting. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Professional photo shoots cost a lot, and I'd never do a spontaneous one while on vacation. My good clothes and makeup are at home. I'm living out of a suitcase. My kids have their good clothes at home. I just wouldn't feel we'd get our best shot.

I get family photos done at least once a year. They cost between $150-$225. The cost of two meals out with my family. Not a lot. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I get family photos done at least once a year. They cost between $150-$225. The cost of two meals out with my family. Not a lot. 

This photographer traveled from Georgia to take these pics. The gas alone will cost her about that. 

$200 may not be "a lot" to you. It is "a lot" to me, and other people, including Erin I suspect. I'm not sure if $200 is the going rate in the US, anyway.  I paid way more than that for senior photos of my grad!

11 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Meh, I think it’s just too easily disproven to lie about and they are tagging each other in the posts. I think there’s  enough truth to the stories that Erin, who I believe is sincerely fundie, wouldn’t straight up lie about it. What would be the point? 

I don't think she's straight-up lying. I think she's pounding the truth into a more palatable form. The "point" is to look frugal and down-to-earth, qualities highly valued in the fundie world.

I think she planned these photo shoots months ahead of time, reaching out to the photographer and making arrangements about clothes, time of day, etc. I think these shoots are very important to her and she's embarrassed about that. So she hides her prep by saying she "met the photographer on the beach." Of course she did, that's where she arranged to meet her, with clothes, lights, cameras and kids!

I also think Chad isn't into these photos sessions, and maybe complains about the cost. ("But, Erin, we can take pictures with our phone. . . ")

I believe Erin is sincerely fundie, but that doesn't mean she never lies! That's not what fundie means. Do you think fundies never lie?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

This photographer traveled from Georgia to take these pics. The gas alone will cost her about that. 

According to the photographer, she was in Florida to shoot a wedding. There are photos on her Instagram of a beach wedding done around the same time as Erin’s photo shoot. I don’t know if Erin’s photo shoot was prearranged or not, but that wasn’t the main reason the photographer was in Florida.

Erin’s photo shoot could easily be a quid pro quo deal. Erin tagged the photographer on Instagram for her 400,000 followers. The photographer used pics from the Paine photo shoot a couple of times on Instagram advertising beach photo shoots. So maybe Erin did get a free photo shoot out of it. Since it seems to be established that the careers of the Bates women are social media influencers/small business owners, this doesn’t strike me as something to criticize.

I try to consider different perspectives (did Erin pay for this or not?) and offer up various ideas. You went from thinking Erin should have stated that Chad wanted a professional photo shoot of just Erin to Chad probably thinks this is a waste of money, and it’s a criticism of what Erin did either way.

And I think that of course Erin brought matching outfits. Either she had a photo shoot arranged, she was going to find someone when she got there or they were going to take their own pictures. Beautiful beach photos are part of the fundie brand. Just like the photos Zach/Whitney and Carlin/Evan took with their families at the beach.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I try to consider different perspectives (did Erin pay for this or not?) and offer up various ideas. You went from thinking Erin should have stated that Chad wanted a professional photo shoot of just Erin to Chad probably thinks this is a waste of money, and it’s a criticism of what Erin did either way.

You misunderstood me. I was writing an imaginary post, that Erin could have written to be honest with her followers, instead of the coy, vague post she wrote.

Personally, I doubt Chad wanted or needed a picture of Erin in a giant brown dress. I doubt that's how he'd spend his money. Do you really think Chad, of Paine Construction, with five children to support, would say, "Tell the photographer to bring some pretty dresses with trains for your beach shot!" It's the last thing on his mind, I'll bet.

I think he'd rather save the money and skip the photos altogether. He doesn't seem the type to care, and I'm sure he can get plenty of cute shots on his phone. It's easy. A photographer once told me that you really can't take a bad photo of a small child, they always look cute, and I agree.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I believe Erin is sincerely fundie, but that doesn't mean she never lies! That's not what fundie means. Do you think fundies never lie?

I think you’re super intensely invested in your opinion on this. You can have it. I just disagree. 

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Erin’s photo shoot could easily be a quid pro quo deal. Erin tagged the photographer on Instagram for her 400,000 followers. The photographer used pics from the Paine photo shoot a couple of times on Instagram advertising beach photo shoots. So maybe Erin did get a free photo shoot out of it. Since it seems to be established that the careers of the Bates women are social media influencers/small business owners, this doesn’t strike me as something to criticize

If they are a professional - they are established.   They are a business - they need money to pay the mortgage, the light bill, the gas money, new lenses, hotels, etc etc etc.  My daughter and son in law had a wedding photog business they traveled to do.  If someone said 'hey, I will tag you in a post if you will work for free' they would have laughed poltely. And people signed a waver to be used in promos.   I mean, it could happen, but that is a bad business practice.  Erin isn't that widewpread popular - like for examply the Kardashians who get paind to be famous.  

I have a friend who has a very popular Etsy business and has been asked often to bake for free for tags on SM.  Yeah.  She refuses.  I have been asked to do my skill for likes and tags.  Then  i llook in my friendge and realize someone has to fill that up and tags won't do it.    No one asks a mechanic to work for free to be tagged.   

tags are not focused advertsing to find the customers or clients you need.   They can't hurt, but not sure how often they really help. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

If they are a professional - they are established.   They are a business - they need money to pay the mortgage, the light bill, the gas money, new lenses, hotels, etc etc etc.  My daughter and son in law had a wedding photog business they traveled to do.  If someone said 'hey, I will tag you in a post if you will work for free' they would have laughed poltely. And people signed a waver to be used in promos.   I mean, it could happen, but that is a bad business practice.  Erin isn't that widewpread popular - like for examply the Kardashians who get paind to be famous.  

I have a friend who has a very popular Etsy business and has been asked often to bake for free for tags on SM.  Yeah.  She refuses.  I have been asked to do my skill for likes and tags.  Then  i llook in my friendge and realize someone has to fill that up and tags won't do it.    No one asks a mechanic to work for free to be tagged.   

tags are not focused advertsing to find the customers or clients you need.   They can't hurt, but not sure how often they really help. 

There is a hysterical Bored Panda article on influencers expecting things for free. Some of them are so entitled! 
“Photograph my wedding in Acapulco and I’ll tag you!” “Let my friends and I eat snd drink for free and I’ll mention your restaurant on IG”.

When  the photographer/baker/artist declines, the influencer stomps off in a huff. “You are missing out on a lot of great exposure!”

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 6:06 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Erin’s photographer charges $350 for a 1 hour family shoot.

It’s $250 for 30 min, but I think you’d need more time than that to photograph five little kids and get solo shots of mom in a big brown dress. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused--I think Erin and Chad were moving to Florida "this summer" --but its August 5 already and they've said nothing more about it, unless I missed something. Nothing about packing, nothing about the place they are moving too, nothing about renovating the new place.  Did I miss something?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm confused--I think Erin and Chad were moving to Florida "this summer" --but its August 5 already and they've said nothing more about it, unless I missed something. Nothing about packing, nothing about the place they are moving too, nothing about renovating the new place.  Did I miss something?

I've wondered the same thing

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

You haven't missed anything. Erin's posted about Jesus and piano lessons. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I suppose technically summer lasts until September 20th. So maybe it’s late summer (into September).

• Upvote 1

The pig that they are rehoming just gave birth, so maybe they were waiting for that and for her to be warned before rehoming her. It is also possible Erin wanted to be here for Tori's birth instead of flying back to meet the baby and they will be moving in the next few weeks. 

The Paines only share what they want and it is generally pretty cutated, so I am not surprised we aren't getting constant moving updates.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

The Paines only share what they want and it is generally pretty cutated, so I am not surprised we aren't getting constant moving updates.

Honestly love the word "cutated"  

On 8/5/2022 at 10:06 AM, CanadianMamam said:

The pig that they are rehoming just gave birth, so maybe they were waiting for that and for her to be warned before rehoming her.

Why would they warn the pig?

Do people really arrange their moving plans based on a pig?

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic