IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

17 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I honestly don't understand why you would do that? I mean, you can't see which book is which, so what's the point?

The point is so she can take pictures without people judging what they're reading. People absolutely do judge books on social media/youtube.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The point is so she can take pictures without people judging what they're reading. People absolutely do judge books on social media/youtube.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, Johannah said:

christianese

This is my new favorite word. FJ should have a thread for Christianese . We could write a dictionary!

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I was reading this AMA by someone who grew up knowing Anna Duggar/her family, and found this interesting. From reading here and seeing some of her Instagram videos, I guess it isn’t particularly surprising. image.thumb.png.9221741bc72709726f2b1d779b494259.png

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, that wasn’t surprising. Erin does seem like she would be the rudest in the bunch. 

I also think Tori with her tactlessness could come across as rude. 

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Maybe that’s why those two seem so close. They can be rude and judgmental together. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

On 10/11/2022 at 7:53 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

This is my new favorite word. FJ should have purpose to go deep on a thread for Christianese. We could write a dictionary!

You have a heart for Christianese! You feel led to get plugged into those words! 

If I could go back and do life over, I'd play winning lottery numbers and work to stamp out all in-crowd jargon that spreads outside the dumb little conference room from whence it came. I'd make it my life's mission

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

On 10/13/2022 at 9:57 AM, Angelface said:

I would definitely have guessed Tori. However, the OP in the AMA mentions Erin's rudeness more than once. I think she referred to her as "scary" at one point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

She really does seem holier than thou all the time. It was be very trying to be around her.

Those are the fundie types that grate on my nerves the most. I just cannot imagine spending time with any person who thinks they are better than everyone else. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

The video of baby Finley, in Erin’s stories, is so like Maci Webster that I thought Alyssa was visiting Erin with Maci. I think that Everly and Lexi also have a strong family resemblance. None of the other cousins look alike imho. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Angelface said:

The video of baby Finley, in Erin’s stories, is so like Maci Webster that I thought Alyssa was visiting Erin with Maci. I think that Everly and Lexi also have a strong family resemblance. None of the other cousins look alike imho. 

I agree they do look alike. The Bateses have many chubby cheeked babies with dimples. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Angelface said:

I saw a picture of Hazel that made me think it was Zade

• Upvote 1

I can't stand Tori, but I think some of her bad behavior (just some!) during her wedding shower and wedding stemmed from over stimulation from having so many eyes on you gauging your reaction to things. I'd rather deal with a snappy Tori than a snotty Erin.

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree they do look alike. The Bateses have many chubby cheeked babies with dimples. 

Recently on IG, maybe it was in Erin’s last post, Erin smiled while turning her head just a little to the side, and she looked so much like Alyssa. I never thought they favored one another, but in that post, I saw it. I think Carlin and Alyssa look like (eyes and nose). And Josie and Katie have a very similar look. Genetics are fascinating.

8 hours ago, displayname said:

I can't stand Tori, but I think some of her bad behavior (just some!) during her wedding shower and wedding stemmed from over stimulation from having so many eyes on you gauging your reaction to things. I'd rather deal with a snappy Tori than a snotty Erin.

I never watched the show, and Tori really has no media presence, so aside from the fact that she has many small children and had a very unique wedding dress, I know little about her. I will say, she is a  physically beautiful woman-

• Upvote 4

The vast majority of the Bateses have personalities I don’t much care for. I could probably handle hanging out with Zach and Whit. Maybe that’s why everyone likes  Whit. Because her personality is so much better than many of the Bateses. 

• Upvote 9

On 10/22/2022 at 2:08 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The vast majority of the Bateses have personalities I don’t much care for. I could probably handle hanging out with Zach and Whit. Maybe that’s why everyone likes  Whit. Because her personality is so much better than many of the Bateses. 

Agreed! I could also see myself hanging out with Josie and Lydia. They seem more cool, calm and collected compared to some of the others. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Agreed! I could also see myself hanging out with Josie and Lydia. They seem more cool, calm and collected compared to some of the others. 

Just from what we see on SM, Josie presents as one of the most mature and grounded members of that family. She seems pretty down to earth too. She’s not even 25, right? Kelton has been a nice surprise too. 

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Just from what we see on SM, Josie presents as one of the most mature and grounded members of that family. She seems pretty down to earth too. She’s not even 25, right? Kelton has been a nice surprise too. 

She's only 23. I couldn't imagine having her life when I was 23.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I somwhow like Josie and Alyssa because they have been vocal about how miserable they were living at Bates home. And they love quiet, just like me. I think it could be possible to have a drink with them and speak normally. The others are preachy or kinda dumb.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Josie doesn’t go on and on and on about god. And I really like that. 

I appreciate that she is not over the top about seemingly anything. Well, she’s really into makeup, but she also works in that industry via her business, so she should be knowledge on that subject. Her home is modesty, her kids play outside and get dirty and the Balkas enjoy camping and cooking. She also seems to hustle to help support her family. 

• Upvote 2

Erin literally only posts about her religion. Even people in their cult must get sick of it. I can’t imagine posting about the same topic every single time I make a post. She used to post about home decorating or renovations. She might post about going on a short trip. Now it’s all about god god god. She will see that she won’t be gaining any followers with this new obsession. People like posts about kids, renovations, decorating, and animals. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic