IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

On 8/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

I wonder if it's this one.  The Bible Baptist Church. https://jameswknox.org/  

It sounds like it's right up Erin's alley.  Even has a specific dress code for attending church and its sponsored events.

Wow this place is...something.  I like how they put THE BIBLE in all caps.  Or how about how they put "believers only" next to the timing for their communion service. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 8/11/2022 at 8:49 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

I wonder if it's this one.  The Bible Baptist Church. https://jameswknox.org/  

It sounds like it's right up Erin's alley.  Even has a specific dress code for attending church and its sponsored events.

This seems like a good guess. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

I just watched Erin’s YouTube video about piano lessons. She was animated and had quite a bit of good advice for parents thinking about music lessons for their kids. 

I know that on the show it was said that Erin was offered a “piano scholarship” which I assume was a Music scholarship. She turned it down because she might have to learn alongside “green haired people”. I wonder if it was only a partial scholarship and they could not afford the rest if tuition and room/board? Perhaps her disdain for mixing with the green haired was a way to feel better about not being able to study music full time? She came across as arrogant and pompous to me, however, after watching her video I wonder if she regrets that decision and wishes she had had a chance to study music more thoroughly. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I just watched Erin’s YouTube video about piano lessons. She was animated and had quite a bit of good advice for parents thinking about music lessons for their kids. 

I know that on the show it was said that Erin was offered a “piano scholarship” which I assume was a Music scholarship. She turned it down because she might have to learn alongside “green haired people”. I wonder if it was only a partial scholarship and they could not afford the rest if tuition and room/board? Perhaps her disdain for mixing with the green haired was a way to feel better about not being able to study music full time? She came across as arrogant and pompous to me, however, after watching her video I wonder if she regrets that decision and wishes she had had a chance to study music more thoroughly. 

If she made some different choices now, she’s still have time in her life to take those classes! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Erin’s latest Instagram is about motherhood and baking bread with Holland. Her tone of voice is so smug that almost brought me out in hives. I think that she is probably very well meaning but seems excessively self righteous and judgemental. She’d be a relative that I could only tolerate in very small doses. Sorry, rant over. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

43 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Erin’s latest Instagram is about motherhood and baking bread with Holland. Her tone of voice is so smug that almost brought me out in hives. I think that she is probably very well meaning but seems excessively self righteous and judgemental. She’d be a relative that I could only tolerate in very small doses. Sorry, rant over. 

I think a lot of fundies come across this way. It would be hard not to. If you are raised to believe you are better Christian’s than everyone else on the planet, you’ll probably be smug at some point. 

• Upvote 14

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a lot of fundies come across this way. It would be hard not to. If you are raised to believe you are better Christian’s than everyone else on the planet, you’ll probably be smug at some point. 

Can you imagine thinking you were one of the few chosen ones on Earth and that you had all the answers to life (both here and into eternity)? Seriously what  limited and immature thinking.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

This is BEC, but to me, Erin has always come across as super smug, from the earliest episodes. Heck, even her piano playing sounds smug to me… 😂

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

This is BEC, but to me, Erin has always come across as super smug, from the earliest episodes. Heck, even her piano playing sounds smug to me… 😂

Maybe it’s because she looked 35 when she was 15? Maybe that gave her the confidence to act all large and in charge.

Yes, I know unkind, but I was always puzzled why those young fundie girls wanted to look decades older than their actual age.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Oh boy this!  I could never put my finger on it. It wasn't just that it was loud....it IS smug! 

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, Angelface said:

I thought the same thing. It was really cringe-worthy. Like you, I think her intentions were good, probably something like, "Let's encourage a tired mama." But it was so painfully smug and self-righteous, I'm not sure if it encouraged anyone.

Those "tired mamas" probably feel guilty now for buying a loaf of bread.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if quiverful women have gall bladder removal more frequently due to their back to back pregnancies. I believe pregnancy can exacerbate gall bladder issues. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if quiverful women have gall bladder removal more frequently due to their back to back pregnancies. I believe pregnancy can exacerbate gall bladder issues. 

Probably. Pregnancy is hard on the body. The extra blood volume and weight is hard on the other organs. Plus pregnancy (especially the number and timing/no rest breaks of fundie pregnancies) age a body and other organs. 

It’s one of the main reasons the overturning of Roe really pisses me off. Why should women be forced to use their bodies in this way? Why should anyone else get to mandate the continuation of that process? STHU, Lindsay Graham!

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

2 of my 3 SILs has to have their gallbladder out after their second child. I have a few friends who did as well. I imagine the quiverful women have higher odds juat because of the sheer number of pregnancies and frequency.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I just wish the females B. Generation 2 and their spouses would put as much focus on their lives/lives of their spouses as they do on having another baby. So far Erin, Alyssa, Carlin and Josie have presented with medical issues surrounding pregnancy, labor and delivery. If these people were truly “pro LIFE,” they’d put just as much emphasis on protecting those women's lives as those of the next blessings. And this isn’t taking into account the sick babies that have resulted from some of these medical conditions surrounding pregnancy. Alyssa, Erin, Carlin and most likely Josie, all need to put their own health first. The already born kids need their mothers more than they need another sibling.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Agree with you guys. I developed cholestasis and preeclampsia during my pregnancy, both of which have potential long-term health implications, as well as potential for recurrence of varying severity in subsequent pregnancies. We started out wanting 4 kids, but are rethinking that now given what happened. We will likely have a second and see how that pregnancy goes. If either of those issues reoccur, we’ll likely stop at 2. No sense in continuing to risk my health when we have children already who need me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 10

My grandmother, mom, and me all had to have our gall bladders taken out after pregnancy. Mine bothered me when I was pregnant with my first, and just got worse after she was born. When she was two I had it done. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve said this before but I had my gall bladder out at 13. I was the youngest my doctor ever removed. My sister had to have hers removed after her second child. Remember when Michelle Duggar had hers out when she had Josie? It took 19 kids for hers to start giving her trouble! 

• Upvote 2

Has anyone noted, that like her newest sister-in-law, Erin has done a major Instagram purge? She only follows two accounts- her and her husband’s business page. She no longer follows any family member or sibling. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

4 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

Has anyone noted, that like her newest sister-in-law, Erin has done a major Instagram purge? She only follows two accounts- her and her husband’s business page. She no longer follows any family member or sibling. 

I think I'd prefer purging than to create rumors and more scrutiny by interacting with some but not all of my family members' SM posts. It would mentally be easier for me. It's possible some/all of the Bates have private accounts for the sole purpose of letting everyone in their family keep current with each other without involving group texts, or a private Facebook group that any of them can post to and comment or Like.

• Upvote 5

I wouldn’t be surprised if more of them start doing this. And then possibly create private personal accounts that follow family members. Their public accounts are basically their jobs. 

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic