IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

7 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Right. No idea when the Paine's will go.  And Alyssa is visiting TN again. 

I think it will be soon because Trace just launched a Bates Construction page, he had been using Paine Construction up until now. So I think the hand-oved is complete. 

• Upvote 4

Erin posted a video/pics on instagram of her wearing a long brown ball-gown type dress with a train on a beach, along with a long post about praying. The photos seemed so random along with what she wrote.  Someone wrote in the comments something along the lines of why are you wearing that dress on the beach and what does that have to do with praying? 🤣 That was my thought too. I'm sure she will delete that comment. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

Erin posted a video/pics on instagram of her wearing a long brown ball-gown type dress with a train on a beach, along with a long post about praying. The photos seemed so random along with what she wrote.  Someone wrote in the comments something along the lines of why are you wearing that dress on the beach and what does that have to do with praying? 🤣 That was my thought too. I'm sure she will delete that comment. 

She actually replied to that comment.

1302827130_beachgown.png.2b98dc52d472bc95f939560202648d5c.png

I wonder how common is it to be approached by photographers on the beach as this seems to be at least the second time this has happened to her.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

Well sure. I ALWAYS bring a spare ball gown, fancy cameras and lighting equipment when I want to go for a walk on the beach. Doesn't everyone? Mind you, I also usually bring a tiara and some sparkly shoes but fundies going to fundie. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 24

41 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I wonder how common is it to be approached by photographers on the beach as this seems to be at least the second time this has happened to her.

Are photographers just walking up and down the beach in Florida with ballgowns waiting for Erin Bates Paine to arrive so they can randomly photograph her? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 18
  • Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

Exactly what I thought lmao  I live 15 minutes from the beach - I better head over there so I can catch a photographer dragging around a ball gown with a 6 foot train looking for someone to photograph 😂

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Erin, this is bullshit. I live on a lake that is very popular with photographers, and I work on Capitol Hill, one of the most photographed tourist places on the planet. I have NEVER seen, or heard of roving photographers who randomly go up to strangers, hand them outfits, and do free photo shoots for them.

Lying makes baby Jesus cry Erin.

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Did Erin say it was a free photo shoot? Grabbed some pics from the photographer’s Instagram. I’m on vacation this week and obviously bored.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a0b31c057a1740df23ce8a5ac02e7974.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ee538a4a73f43887add37049d04b4649.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

Yeah, Erin isn't staying it is a free shoot just that the photographer asked if she would wear the dress. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

The photographer just happens to be carrying a dress that fits Erin to a tee and is her exact size, no alterations needed??🤔🙄  Okay then!!!🤥😶🤣 

I should be so lucky!!!😆🤣😈

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 12

To summarize the story of Erin’s photo shoot based on what the photographer and Erin said:

1. Erin and the photographer met randomly on the beach and arranged for a photo shoot at a different time.

2. The photographer brought a dress from her “client closet” to the photo shoot and suggested that Erin wear it.

3. Neither of them disclosed if it was a free photo shoot or if there was a fee.

Sorry doubters, but I don’t think Erin made this up.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Erin is pretty and an "influencer" of sorts. It doesn't shock me in the slightest that photographers offer to give her photoshoots for free.  Nor am I supposed that some have client closets.  A good shot added to a photographer's portfolio is the best advertising they can get to attract future clients.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

To summarize the story of Erin’s photo shoot based on what the photographer and Erin said:

1. Erin and the photographer met randomly on the beach and arranged for a photo shoot at a different time.

2. The photographer brought a dress from her “client closet” to the photo shoot and suggested that Erin wear it.

3. Neither of them disclosed if it was a free photo shoot or if there was a fee.

But the same happened one or two years ago. I think Erin contacts local photographers in order to get free photo shoots, but she tries to make it look as a chance.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

OMG, the whole story sounds completely implausible.

1. About a year ago, Erin randomly met a photographer on another beach. That photographer just happened to have time to do a photo shoot of the Paine family. That day, by complete accident, Paine kids did not look like most kids playing on the beach. They were not messy, covered in sand, half-wet, or windblowned. They were all wearing matching clothes with perfect hair.

2. This year, Erin again meets a photographer on the beach. 

3. Erin had time to strike up a conversation while watching five small children. None of them can swim, most likely. Nonetheless she has time to chat with a photographer

4. Erin learns that her new friend is a photographer (again! just like last year!). This photographer is from Georgia, but just happens to be here on this beach.

5. Erin mentions she needs a photoshoot. This photographer has time for a photoshoot (again, another chatty photographer with time on her hands!)

6. The photographer just happens to have her equipment, lighting and clothes closet with her, although she lives in Georgia.

7. They agree to meet at sunrise. Sunrise!

8. Chad agrees this is a good use of their vacation time.

9. They need to get up at 5 so that Erin can do her hair and makeup, and the kids can be dolled up, all five of them.

10. The photographer carries her cameras and lights  but for no particular reason, she has carted along a  brown ball dress with enormous train.

9. Miraculously the dress fit Erin perfectly.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

But the same happened one or two years ago. I think Erin contacts local photographers in order to get free photo shoots, but she tries to make it look as a chance.

Exactly. Also, I'm a bit confused. This photographer is based in Georgia, but did the photos take place on a Florida beach? Or is this Tennessee? 

In any event, it seems very strange a Georgia photographer would be traveling in FL or TN carrying a "clothes closet" with her. I mean, maybe she was in town for a wedding or something, but why would she travel with a bunch of ball gowns?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

It's surprising to me if the Bates can use their influence status to get random offers from photographers. I know who they are, but would the average person see someone like Erin, and know she has a following? It seems unlikely to me, but ymmv.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

I’m not sure what all the exact lies are that Erin is telling. Erin said she “met the photographer on the beach.” They could have talked or messaged each other prior, but actually met on the beach. The photographer also said she “met the sweetest family.” In an earlier post, I said that they met randomly on the beach which is wrong because that’s not actually what they said. We don’t know if it was random or prearranged. A few scenarios I can think of: they meet at the beach, a restaurant or some other public place and strike up a conversation; the photographer is actively searching for clients in public places; Erin is searching for a photographer and messages this one.

The dress is the property of the photographer. That has been established. The photographer said she bought it and another woman wore it on her engagement shoot. It’s a huge flowy gown that could probably be pinned if necessary. The photographer is from Georgia shooting a wedding in Florida. It’s not implausible to me that she would keep her “client closet” in her work vehicle. The photographer did use photos of the Paine family to advertise bookings for beach photo shoots on Instagram.

@Jackie3 even starts to doubt when the photo shoot occurred and if Chad agreed to it.

• Upvote 5

The fact that it is the same photographer makes it more likely IMO. Erin could have run I to her on the beach again, remembered the shoot from last time and there made arrangement to do it again.

20 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

The fact that it is the same photographer makes it more likely IMO. Erin could have run I to her on the beach again, remembered the shoot from last time and there made arrangement to do it again.

It wasn’t the same photographer unless she moved from Tennessee to Georgia and changed her Instagram name.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

58 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It's pretty unlikely she'd meet the same photographer at the same beach, two years in a row. While at the same time, Erin happens to have matching outfits for the the kids. And the photographer has a flowy gown that fits Erin exactly.

• Upvote 3

If it is the same photographer, from over a year ago, it's still a wee bit odd to be referring to them as "the photographer we met on the beach" instead of by name/company. It's like me saying I went to that "shop I found on the road" or "the hairdresser I met in the park". The person who asked is probably completely unaware of last year's beach photos and the story. It's a vague explanation and I wonder why? The photographer also isn't tagged which is unusual.

To have the opportunity to have photos taken on the beach in a dress like that for a lot of people, including Erin probably, is a dream come true, and out of the ordinary. To post them without an explanation/story and not expect that there would be some curiosity is naive. The juxtaposition of those photos with the scripture/lesson makes me laugh. Oh Erin. Just post the pics and rav about how lovely they are and how cool it was to do and maybe put in a word about how talented the photographer was.

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic