IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

How old are the youngest bates girls now?

They'll be in FL even more I would think. Going back and forth between sisters. What a strange balance they will have- double down fundie sister vs pants wearing pool having more worldly sister.

• Upvote 1

Alyssa has had way less help from the Bateses compared to Erin. Yes, a sister or brother will come down and stay for a week but it’s nothing like the amount of help Erin received while living in TN. I think it will be a major adjustment for Erin. 

• Upvote 8

Erin definitely gets more regular help than Alyssa but it's hard to tell how much she is actually getting since she doesn't post much about it and she is sharing the help with 4 other siblings. 

Michael watches her kids, but Michael also babysits Josie's kids once a week, watches Jeb and Judson consistently, watches Tori's kids, watches Carlin's kids. Ellie, Addee and Callie help but they split their time between Zach & Whitney's, Carlin's (Trace had to go to Carlin's to film Ellie with her puppy), probably Tori's, and Erin's (plus their trips to Florida which have been pretty frequent since Alyssa has been so sick). 

That is the advantage to have a large family close by, is that there is lots of them to go around and I think that will be the real adjustment, getting the concentrated help Alyssa gets where a sibling comes out for a week at a time instead of being able to call whenever you want. 

I agree that the lack of support system will be hard, I know I would find it isolating. 

• Upvote 4

Callie is the youngest Bates girl and she’s 13. Then Ellie is 15 and Addee 16.

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

If Erin is feeling well after all her medical issues and is truly unable to have any more babies, I don’t really think she’ll need a lot of outside help with her five kids with only one in diapers. It would be different if she kept getting pregnant, but these five in particular seem very manageable. Erin seems like a homebody who doesn’t need a lot of date nights. I’m sure she’ll welcome her younger siblings to visit often, but she won’t “need” them.

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

If Erin is feeling well after all her medical issues and is truly unable to have any more babies, I don’t really think she’ll need a lot of outside help with her five kids with only one in diapers. It would be different if she kept getting pregnant, but these five in particular seem very manageable. Erin seems like a homebody who doesn’t need a lot of date nights. I’m sure she’ll welcome her younger siblings to visit often, but she won’t “need” them.

Isn't Holland only 2? She most likely has 2 in diapers at the moment. 

Erin seems to manage well, if you believe her IG. 

But she has 2 toddlers and 3 other small kids, who are all around 24/7. She also has a card business, lots of animals, a social media presence to maintain, a new house to unpack and organize, laundry/cooking, homeschooling, and a church she's supposed to be "helping."  Who wouldn't need assistance under such circumstances?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Actually Erin has no toddlers.  Holland is three which is called pre-school age and Finley is still an infant for a few more weeks.  Erin has reached the point of needing to homeschool which will take some time if she does it right.  I'm not holding my breath, but yes, Erin is very likely done at five.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Done at five? I dunno

medically maybe. 

I can hear Carson praying for that baby brother from here. 

Erin may get another “miracle” and we will all have to hear about it…. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

can hear Carson praying for that baby brother from here. 

According to Erin, he did and got Finley. Then, Carson (and probably Erin herself) had to work in being content with a girl.

While I agree he is probably praying for a brother, I think Erin and Chad should stop the nonsense of thinking God is focused in Paine's wishes. It makes them look dumb and entitled. 

I really hope they stop at 5. No more Paines needed. They are all very cute but the more kids, the worse homeschooling. If another miracle comes, it will be an evidence of Erin lying about her health.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

If another miracle comes, it will be an evidence of Erin lying about her health.

Not necessarily. I think Erin could be at a really weird place fertility wise in that she has only a partial overt yet but those eggs are healthy and her body is going into pre-menopause so it is dumping those eggs but again unlike most menopausal women, the eggs are still decent quality. I can see how a miracle pregnancy resulted and I feel like a second is not impossible but I also really, really hope she is done. 

5 kids is a lot. Especially with home schooling and it feels like all the kids have taken a toll on Erin physically and for everyone's saks, I hope Finley is their last. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I know someone with a very similar situation to Erin's.  She managed one more child just as Erin has done and then that was it.  She had to use drugs and timing to get that one more child. After that it would have had to have been IVF with donor eggs and I don't think Chad and Erin will do that.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Actually Erin has no toddlers.  Holland is three which is called pre-school age and Finley is still an infant for a few more weeks.  Erin has reached the point of needing to homeschool which will take some time if she does it right.  I'm not holding my breath, but yes, Erin is very likely done at five.  

Around here we consider anyone who toddles around to be a toddler. I haven't seen Finlay walking, so I'll call her a toddler when she toddles! Not because it is January 20 instead of January 15.

How would most people even know the age of a random toddler? Do people say, "Oh, is is an infant, or has she turned one?"

We also don't use the term "Infant" to describe those chunky 10 and 11 month olds who walk around getting into mischief.

(If Finlay is still an infant, though, that's all the more reason Erin needs help.)

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, Manda said:

I know someone with a very similar situation to Erin's.  She managed one more child just as Erin has done and then that was it.  She had to use drugs and timing to get that one more child. After that it would have had to have been IVF with donor eggs and I don't think Chad and Erin will do that.  

I don't think Erin used drugs. I think she got lucky with the hormones and the fact that she has obviously been very fertile before that. I think her age and good egg quality also worked in her favor.

Michael had commented that IVF is not an Option for her (likely because of the clotting issues) so even if they were willing, I doubt Erin would be a viable candidate. 

I think the Paines are likely done and I think Erin knows that too from how she dotes on Finley. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

Erin was taking medication to alleviate her menopause symptoms. Maybe it helped her conceive. But it does sound like she doesn’t expect to get pregnant again.

• Upvote 8

On 4/24/2022 at 8:28 AM, CanadianMamam said:

I enjoy her YouTube content because I prefer videos that actually have a purpose. I have also noticed that she is fast approaching Alyssa is terms of subscribers (8k behind) and I bet that drives Alyssa nuts. 

Drive her nuts? Why?

• Downvote 1

I just wish his poor sister, Tabitha, would make an appearance. I can't believe I think about her, but I wonder how that marriage worked out.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I just wish his poor sister, Tabitha, would make an appearance. I can't believe I think about her, but I wonder how that marriage worked out.

I’m just glad it seems like they don’t have children (according to family pics).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

On 1/5/2023 at 7:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just glad it seems like they don’t have children (according to family pics).

Unless she was desperate for them. We don't live in their world. That might have made her feel "accepted"? "grown up"? "complete"" Still, with that as a Dad....

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Unless she was desperate for them. We don't live in their world. That might have made her feel "accepted"? "grown up"? "complete"" Still, with that as a Dad....

I am still glad. He’s a sexual predator so I would say it’s best they don’t have kids.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 14

On 1/1/2023 at 3:00 AM, Melissa1977 said:

According to Erin, he did and got Finley. Then, Carson (and probably Erin herself) had to work in being content with a girl.

While I agree he is probably praying for a brother, I think Erin and Chad should stop the nonsense of thinking God is focused in Paine's wishes. It makes them look dumb and entitled. 

I really hope they stop at 5. No more Paines needed. They are all very cute but the more kids, the worse homeschooling. If another miracle comes, it will be an evidence of Erin lying about her health.

it will be an evidence of Erin lying about her health.

That is not a fair statement because many times fertility issues are a crapshoot. How many times has a family been diagnosed as infertile, adopt, then get a surprise blessing? Women's hormones, circumstance and luck  wax and wane and no one knows what will happen next on this wild ride we call our lives.

But on the other hand, the Bates live in a fertility cult and they have a penchant for drama.

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic