IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

Did anyone find Kelly's requisite Chad is the Best IG Happy Birthday post a little eh this year? Maybe Kelly was just not able to write something up but I felt like it was more "you make Erin happy" than you are the best thing to ever happen to our family like it usually is. Is it just me? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Did anyone find Kelly's requisite Chad is the Best IG Happy Birthday post a little eh this year? Maybe Kelly was just not able to write something up but I felt like it was more "you make Erin happy" than you are the best thing to ever happen to our family like it usually is. Is it just me? 

It was enthusiastic, but yeah, nothing about his helpfulness this year. Hopefully he’s put up some boundaries. He looks hot in the photo.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 6

Erin and Chad made a YouTube video of their camper makeover. It’s very hgtv with their talking heads intertwined with shots of working in it and the kids. And it ends with a reveal. It’s my guess that Erin wants a show in Magnolia network. The new Chip and Joanna channel. There’s a YouTuber who got a show on the network. I’m sure Erin wants one too. They got lucky with that camper because whoever had it last too really good care of it. Erin and Chad were able to keep a lot of what was already there. They didn’t have to completely replace much. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin and Chad made a YouTube video of their camper makeover. It’s very hgtv with their talking heads intertwined with shots of working in it and the kids. And it ends with a reveal. It’s my guess that Erin wants a show in Magnolia network. The new Chip and Joanna channel. There’s a YouTuber who got a show on the network. I’m sure Erin wants one too. They got lucky with that camper because whoever had it last too really good care of it. Erin and Chad were able to keep a lot of what was already there. They didn’t have to completely replace much. 

My sister just bought a similar camper to remodel in Louisiana and she's having to gut the whole thing- even the walls and floors are rotted out. She paid $1,500 for it. I wonder how much Chad and Erin's cost?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

My sister just bought a similar camper to remodel in Louisiana and she's having to gut the whole thing- even the walls and floors are rotted out. She paid $1,500 for it. I wonder how much Chad and Erin's cost?

$1600

• Thank You 3

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

$1600

It was in great shape for $1,600. Maybe they had to haggle. I probably would have jest left the wood paneling because it was in such good shape. It wasn’t stained or warped. It was looking really good. 

• Upvote 2

I skipped through most of it, went straight to the reveal. Did they mention where everyone will sleep? Is there a second bed for over the dining area? At the beginning, Chad said they wanted to do this “while they still can”. I imagine that means before the kids get much bigger. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SnowQueen said:

I skipped through most of it, went straight to the reveal. Did they mention where everyone will sleep? Is there a second bed for over the dining area? At the beginning, Chad said they wanted to do this “while they still can”. I imagine that means before the kids get much bigger. 

They mentioned that there’s a twin that goes over the dining area, I think, where the three girls sleep. Carson has his own little Mattress that they pull out (from somewhere), and chad and Erin of course have the master with little everly(?) either in their bed or in a bassinet somewhere. Weird arrangement, in my opinion. But of course they couldn’t have Carson sharing a bed with one of his sisters?

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, tanba said:

They mentioned that there’s a twin that goes over the dining area, I think, where the three girls sleep. Carson has his own little Mattress that they pull out (from somewhere), and chad and Erin of course have the master with little everly(?) either in their bed or in a bassinet somewhere. Weird arrangement, in my opinion. But of course they couldn’t have Carson sharing a bed with one of his sisters?

Three girls won’t fit in that dining table bed for much longer. It reminds me of the Rods and their crazy sleeping arrangements in their RV. Erin and Jill have that in common. They will shove their kids in a tiny space while always having a decent sized bed for heel self. It’s even more apparent in Erin’s bedroom. It’s one of the biggest rooms in that small house and 4 kids have to share that closet of a bedroom. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

My parents were much more thoughtful of their kids. When we lived in a three bedroom house  I had the small third bedroom, the three boys had the master and my parents squeezed their queen bed into the small second bedroom.  And they had a big plywood board cut which they put on top of their bed which we used as a kind of table tennis table during school holidays. That wouldn’t fit with Erin’s decorating obsession!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 15

7 hours ago, SnowQueen said:

I mean, they're only going to get a few years out of that camper. Carson is almost 7.

It's quite an attractive reno but I'd be so claustrphobic trapped with 5 small kids in there,

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think Erin is realizing she trapped herself with her 'no ads' philosophy on Instagram, especially as she is watching her sister do well. So she is putting all her effort into the YouTube becssue it is a way she can make money without going back on what she said. 

I enjoy her YouTube content because I prefer videos that actually have a purpose. I have also noticed that she is fast approaching Alyssa is terms of subscribers (8k behind) and I bet that drives Alyssa nuts. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think Erin is realizing she trapped herself with her 'no ads' philosophy on Instagram, especially as she is watching her sister do well. So she is putting all her effort into the YouTube becssue it is a way she can make money without going back on what she said. 

I enjoy her YouTube content because I prefer videos that actually have a purpose. I have also noticed that she is fast approaching Alyssa is terms of subscribers (8k behind) and I bet that drives Alyssa nuts. 

I didn't know she had said this. But why couldn't she just say she changed her mind? No one is going to hold her to it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I didn't know she had said this. But why couldn't she just say she changed her mind? No one is going to hold her to it.

'Scuse you, GOD LAY IT ON HER HEART that ads are now okay.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 25

YouTube is honestly much more Erin's style than instagram ads. I can't see Erin shilling the random projects her sisters do like vitamins or pimple patches. But she can curate her youTube, it is all instructional videos (and a few Q&A) and it is far more her style. Plus she is honestly pretty good at it.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

On 4/25/2022 at 4:37 AM, CanadianMamam said:

YouTube is honestly much more Erin's style than instagram ads. I can't see Erin shilling the random projects her sisters do like vitamins or pimple patches. But she can curate her youTube, it is all instructional videos (and a few Q&A) and it is far more her style. Plus she is honestly pretty good at it.

There are people much better at it, though. Once the world has forgotten the show, I don't think she will be that popular unless she resorts to focusing on her cute little kids. I hope she doesn't sell them out that way, though. 

I didn't actually think of her camper video as instructional. It was too brief for that. I saw brief glimpses of Chad making a (lovely) table and I still can't make one myself!

• Upvote 2

On 4/25/2022 at 7:37 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Most off the money on youtube or at least a lot of it comes from doing sponsored videos and ads. So even there doing ads is a big deal.

As for her videos being good, there are probably other people doing the same content without the hateful beliefs.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5

I don’t know much about YouTube ads: do content makers have any say over the ads put with their videos? What would a fundie do if, say, a birth control ad ran right before their video?

• Upvote 1

That would be just glorious, but I bet there's an algorithm to pair like with like so that the ads target the audience. Maybe if the interactions suggested primarily hate watchers for the Paine channel, but otherwise I bet it wouldn't happen.

• Thank You 1

On 4/23/2022 at 7:54 PM, Jackie3 said:

I mean, they're only going to get a few years out of that camper. Carson is almost 7.

It's quite an attractive reno but I'd be so claustrphobic trapped with 5 small kids in there,

So cute. I love camper/rv remodels. They mentioned a couples times they won’t all fit in there very long. If they don’t go for something bigger in a few years , they’ll probably just have a couple of the oldest kids sleep in the suv or whatever they are using to tow the trailer, or pitch a tent, depending where they camp. If I were them I’d use it as a guest room / office / give me a few minutes of peace home addition when not camping. Being out in the country I guess they could even use it as a bedroom for the boy when he’s 10 ish

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That would be just glorious, but I bet there's an algorithm to pair like with like so that the ads target the audience. Maybe if the interactions suggested primarily hate watchers for the Paine channel, but otherwise I bet it wouldn't happen.

I watch quite a few LGBTQ YouTubers, and they all get pragerU/anti-LGBTQ ads on their videos, and they apparently cannot choose. Not sure how effective the algorithm is ( of course, it’s possible pragerU pays for being shown on LGBTQ stuff).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Hope this is okay to carry over since it was only 2 pages ago but @Jackie3 I don't know what states you're talking about because even in Colorado, that pays some of the least of any state as salaries and for K-12 and higher education in general, you need formal training. A BA/BS (depending on the uni) in Education is still formal training sweetie. I was in a program to get my K-12 Education license because I had a BS in Geology with a Hydrology certificate and they were desperate for people with specific math and science formal training, but you still had to do education training on top of that, just not an entire bachelors degree (which you don't seem to count as formal training anyway so.....) You don't get do to that with a BA in Communications but something with math and science. You can -sub- in many states with a BA or BS in something not education related but that's substituting. For an actual teaching license you need an education degree or extra training on top of your math or science BS. That applies to Utah and Hawai'i too except Hawaii doesn't have the educator program for people with math and science degrees last I was aware of like UT and CO. I notice you like to speak in absolutes with no background in the given subject. I do21.5nt believe you're a teacher from any of your posts. I taught special needs Head Start preschool (my first 2 1/2 uears of school were in Deaf ed, long story but I was on a sports scholarship and got hurt/NCAA redshirted and transferred back instate where they didn't have a similar program) and subbed K-12 and was close to getting my CO full teaching license and would still be teaching if I hadn't really messed up my life making poor decisions and having mental health problems. I'm going back to school for social work and substance abuse counseling now after over 10 years. 

But yeah, I dont know where you're from that allows "teachers without formal education", but I think you don't understand what 'teacher ' or 'formal education' mean.

• Upvote 4

Don’t want I n on the education debate, but here in Seattle area they are so desperate for public school teachers, they are giving jobs to students enrolled in teaching programs. 

They teach during the day and take some classes at night/weekends. I don’t know how they’ll manage that as teachers usually have grading and lesson prep in the evenings but it’s pretty dire.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic