IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

On 4/7/2022 at 6:57 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Cats being the top of the food chain creates it's own problems as they will prey on small animals, like birds, squirrels, etc. They could hunt wild life to the point of extinction. 

There's a stray cat who has been hanging around our RV park, and I've started putting food out for him once a day to protect the local birds (and because I like animals). Plus, we had a mouse get into our RV last year (found some little hole that led to one of our attached- to- the- wall dresser drawers during a cold snap), and I'm NOT a fan of having that happen again-- hopefully having a cat hanging around outside will prevent that!

P.S. His name is Tom. He appreciates the food, but not so much my loud barky companion.

• Upvote 6

As per usual, Braggie does not have a tactful, kind bone in her body and answered a question about infertility on her Wednesday questions in about the most blunt and insensitive way possible.  She also found a way to work in humble-bragging about book sales, of course.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 2

She said that asking her a question about how to handle the hard emotions around infertility and miscarriage was like asking a single person about parenting.  She's fertile myrtle so she just can't relate.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

38 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She said that asking her a question about how to handle the hard emotions around infertility and miscarriage was like asking a single person about parenting.  She's fertile myrtle so she just can't relate.

On the one hand, I like that she admitted she doesn't know what it's like to be infertile. I would rather she admit it than try to pretend she understands what it's like. She's also not a professional counselor in any way. 

On the other hand, did really say a single person knows about parenting? Not a single person knows about marriage? Plenty of single parents out there, Abbie! People become single parents for a large variety of reasons. There are plenty of single people who know about childcare! They're educators, childcare workers, parentified children, etc.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

On the one hand, I like that she admitted she doesn't know what it's like to be infertile. I would rather she admit it than try to pretend she understands what it's like. She's also not a professional counselor in any way. 

On the other hand, did really say a single person knows about parenting? Not a single person knows about marriage? Plenty of single parents out there, Abbie! People become single parents for a large variety of reasons. There are plenty of single people who know about childcare! They're educators, childcare workers, parentified children, etc.

I remember hearing that sentiment once when I was a childless nanny. I knew a decent amount about childcare even if it was different from parenting your own child. I mean, there is at least a little overlap. I remember just rolling my eyes and moving on. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

On the one hand, I like that she admitted she doesn't know what it's like to be infertile. I would rather she admit it than try to pretend she understands what it's like.

I agree with you, but she always answers questions like that in a way that just drips with condescension.  And she always has to throw in something like "I'm not sure I understand the question", when she knows damn well what people are asking.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

I haven’t been following her or this thread closely, but did someone say they thought she was PG? I will agree. From her recently referenced crying jags, photos, particularly the one with a hard over her belly, and the general timeframe, I’ll be expecting an announcement soon. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I will agree. From her recently referenced crying jags, photos, particularly the one with a hard over her belly, and the general timeframe, I’ll be expecting an announcement soon. 

She just posted a "memories" pic on her stories, the one with blue confetti when they were announcing the twin boys' pregnancy.  I think you're right.  She commented on the pic "also, Shiloh's big bald head".  Bitch, YOU SHAVED IT.  

• Upvote 12

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I haven’t been following her or this thread closely, but did someone say they thought she was PG? I will agree. From her recently referenced crying jags, photos, particularly the one with a hard over her belly, and the general timeframe, I’ll be expecting an announcement soon. 

God I hope it’s twin boys again 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She just posted a "memories" pic on her stories, the one with blue confetti when they were announcing the twin boys' pregnancy.  I think you're right.  She commented on the pic "also, Shiloh's big bald head".  Bitch, YOU SHAVED IT.  

I loved my older son’s bald head. People always commented on his perfectly shaped head. It was true. It was shaped so well. It didn’t have any flat spot at all. My second had a slight flat spot because he always slept the exact same way even if I tried to move him. I remember when she shaved his head. It was ridiculous. She didn’t like how his hair was growing in so she shaved it. And then complained about his being bald! He couldn’t do anything right. Even when she was the one who did it to him!

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I remember hearing that sentiment once when I was a childless nanny. I knew a decent amount about childcare even if it was different from parenting your own child. I mean, there is at least a little overlap. I remember just rolling my eyes and moving on. 

Comments like that from parents/ other people are why I got out of nannying.

Me: Joey was fussy today, and he has runny nose, he may be getting a cold.

Parent literally paying me to watch their child: you’re single and have no kids, what the hell do you know about babies!?

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 9

If she is actually pregnant again she is fucking out of her mind . . . for all of the reasons everyone already knows: dislikes small children, can't meet the needs adequately of the ones she has, hates being pregnant, husband seems checked out and disinterested, etc. It burns me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

If she is actually pregnant again she is fucking out of her mind . . . for all of the reasons everyone already knows: dislikes small children, can't meet the needs adequately of the ones she has, hates being pregnant, husband seems checked out and disinterested, etc. It burns me.

But don't you know?  Motherhood is sanctifying!

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5

4 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

But don't you know?  Motherhood is sanctifying!

She is such an attention whore!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Since we know she uses something to prevent pregnancy, I’m guessing she’s very early in pregnancy, or not pregnant yet. The babies are turning 2 in October so I don’t think she will be due before then. I could see her being due with #11 anytime between November 2022 to February 2023.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, QuiverFullOfGoats said:

God I hope it’s twin boys again 😆

In a fair world, she would give birth to quads, but instead of humans babies they would be those screaming, reaction dolls they use for scared straight TV shows to teach teens the horrors of babies. I can't wish more human children into her life  but annoying dolls hell yes.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

My hope is early menopause. Because she will just hate whatever child she has and will make her older kids take care of it. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My hope is early menopause.

From your keyboard to the universe's ears.  Whenever she does go through menopause, she'll find a way to make it "sanctifying" by moaning and wailing over symptoms and not being able to have any more kids.

ETA: her varicose veins were really bad when she was pregnant last time.  I can't imagine how bad they'll be as the years go on.  I wish Shaun would sneak a snip in on one of his trips and just be done with it.

If she has one to three more kids, Ezra and Simon will be out of the house when they're toddlers.  Poor Della's workload will increase exponentially.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 11

Braggie will be 40 in October. Let’s hope she’s like most women and doesn’t have the same fertility in her early 40s as she does in her 20s and 30s. There are a few fundies I can think of that haven’t had babies in their 40s.  Ma Bowers, Ma Bontrager, and Jill Rod are three. It does happen. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

She has those 3 handmaidens on deck for the next cluster of kids. I wish zero more daughters are born to them.

• Upvote 4

I've never been married and I'm pretty certain I can parent my son. I haven't always been perfect but I do everything I can to make the best decisions for my son, even at my own expense. I thought it was a big thing in fundie marriages to put their husband/marriage ahead of their children. But all of us single, never married mothers are obvs just dirty heathen whores according to WhiteMAGABabyJesus, the true God of the 1611 KJV. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Braggie and fam went to a Passover Seder last night.  Because of course they did.

Nothing says easter like clips of a Passover Seder with contemporary christian music as the background.  And of course, a shot of Braggie lighting a candle with an appropriately solemn look on her face.  

In other news, from a review on Goodreads - someone else besides us doesn't care for Braggie's writing style (highlights mine):

"But great content couldn’t make up for Halberstadt’s writing style. It’s very modern-conversational - lots of asides and parentheticals and dorky-vintage-cool pop culture references (e.g. The Princess Bride, Bruce Lee). That style works on Instagram or on a blog, but I grew tired of it very quickly in chapter after chapter.

The questions and action steps at the end of each chapter were good. I plan to flip through and write some of those down before returning the book to the library. This isn’t a book I’ll be buying to keep.

One last purely subjective note: I didn’t care for the art throughout. It felt unfinished and rough-draft-y compared to the rest of the book. Maybe if it had been in color it would have fit better? 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

50 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie and fam went to a Passover Seder last night.  Because of course they did.

Nothing says easter like clips of a Passover Seder with contemporary christian music as the background.  And of course, a shot of Braggie lighting a candle with an appropriately solemn look on her face.  

In other news, from a review on Goodreads - someone else besides us doesn't care for Braggie's writing style (highlights mine):

"But great content couldn’t make up for Halberstadt’s writing style. It’s very modern-conversational - lots of asides and parentheticals and dorky-vintage-cool pop culture references (e.g. The Princess Bride, Bruce Lee). That style works on Instagram or on a blog, but I grew tired of it very quickly in chapter after chapter.

The questions and action steps at the end of each chapter were good. I plan to flip through and write some of those down before returning the book to the library. This isn’t a book I’ll be buying to keep.

One last purely subjective note: I didn’t care for the art throughout. It felt unfinished and rough-draft-y compared to the rest of the book. Maybe if it had been in color it would have fit better? 

That’s what we said from the start. That it would just be a book of Instagram posts.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I also saw a review where someone criticized her for NOT openly promoting spanking in her chapter on discipline.  That's a new twist for sure.  (I think they absolutely do spank, she just doesn't mention it because she knows she'd lose followers).

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic