IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie and fam went to a Passover Seder last night.  Because of course they did.

Nothing says easter like clips of a Passover Seder with contemporary christian music as the background.  And of course, a shot of Braggie lighting a candle with an appropriately solemn look on her face.  

How utterly disrespectful. I have a bunch of Jewish friends who would not DREAM of doing Easter...why do these idiot Xtians think they can co-opt the Seder? Do they understand the significance of Passover to the Jews? The only way you do a Seder as a gentile is to get invited to a Jewish home to celebrate with them. Not only are they mocking Passover, they're mocking the kosher laws. Passover is distinctly Jewish and gentiles need to take a hands off approach. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I'm sure that Braggie considers herself an expert on all things Jewish because her parents are Messianic and I think she briefly lived in Israel while growing up.  Big whoop, Braggie.  You're not Jewish, you'll never be Jewish, and it's gross to co-opt their most cherished traditions when you're a christian. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, feministxtian said:

How utterly disrespectful. I have a bunch of Jewish friends who would not DREAM of doing Easter...why do these idiot Xtians think they can co-opt the Seder? Do they understand the significance of Passover to the Jews? The only way you do a Seder as a gentile is to get invited to a Jewish home to celebrate with them. Not only are they mocking Passover, they're mocking the kosher laws. Passover is distinctly Jewish and gentiles need to take a hands off approach. 

They're antisemitic and don't believe that any religious boundaries apply to them.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

It's been brought up before, but what really drives me nuts is that fundies who co-opt Jewish holidays are usually the same jerks who believe that anyone who doesn't belong to their denomination of Christianity is going to hell. That belief is discriminatory against people of other faiths, including other denominations of Christianity and Judaism. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's been brought up before, but what really drives me nuts is that fundies who co-opt Jewish holidays are usually the same jerks who believe that anyone who doesn't belong to their denomination of Christianity is going to hell. That belief is discriminatory against people of other faiths, including other denominations of Christianity and Judaism. 

The two beliefs go together. If you are the only genuinely Godly people, then any good religious practice (i.e. one that appeals to you) is yours.

They like the matzah and the candles et al. They don’t like Jews.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

M is for Mama-

Abbie’s entire schtick is sanctifying motherhood and living through the eyes of god. Well, at least that’s what she claims on her SM accounts, blog and her book. But her words and attitude really do not support or reflect that schtick. She is not a super mom or even a decent one. Nothing she does is IG SPECTACULAR. Hell, she orchestrated the birth of her latest twin set to coincide with the BD of the older set just to lessen her workload. She barely covers the basics and admits to lacking sentimentality. And the people who look up to her as some sort of motherhood guru…well, I pity the children of those mothers.

The level of laziness and apparent lack of give an S is so gross.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

39 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Hell, she orchestrated the birth of her latest twin set to coincide with the BD of the older set just to lessen her workload. 

I think she did it to pretend she’s even more special. She can tell everyone she has TWO sets of IDENTICAL TWINS with the SAME BIRTHDAY!!! Omg, hashtag soblessed. 🙄

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I think she did it to pretend she’s even more special. She can tell everyone she has TWO sets of IDENTICAL TWINS with the SAME BIRTHDAY!!! Omg, hashtag soblessed. 🙄

Oh I have zero doubt about her intent in choosing that date. I swear to god, I’d call her out on it. So, were the boys born spontaneously on 9/24 or did you choose to be induced in that day for the potential BRAGGing rights? Don’t Abbie. Jesus does not like liars-

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I'm sure that Braggie considers herself an expert on all things Jewish because her parents are Messianic and I think she briefly lived in Israel while growing up.  Big whoop, Braggie.  You're not Jewish, you'll never be Jewish, and it's gross to co-opt their most cherished traditions when you're a christian. 

However, I can remember people celebrating the Seder meal at church as a way to honor, not mock or disrespect, its tradition.

• Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2

It doesn’t matter what people’s intentions may be, co-opting another cultures/religions traditions is problematic.  There are better ways to show respect. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

14 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's because too often people who can't afford old school racist Country Clubs ( or enjoy both) join these types of religions. It's all about feeling privileged and keeping others down, adding in a little God on Sunday to say your the best, while stealing what you like from those you see as "less than" is just icing on the asshole cake!

• Upvote 4

Braggie's stories:  "Toby pretty much always has a bruise on his forehead for one reason or another.  This time, it was because Shiloh decided to climb the front of his highchair and ride it to the floor."  Followed by a selfie telling you how you can get the dress she's wearing.  She posted pics of the little boys in their clothing from Goodwill.  Honor looks ridiculous...his pants are too big, his jacket is too small, and it all looks like he slept in it for days.  

It is a miracle that none of those little boys have had broken bones yet.  Shiloh seems to be one of those kids that you've got to watch every second to keep safe, and we all know that's not happening, as evidenced by the above anecdote.  How, presumably in a room full of adults and older children at an easter gathering, does Shiloh have the opportunity to start climbing Toby's highchair and pulling it over with no one stepping in?  I'll tell you how - no one is paying any attention to him.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 15

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie's stories:  "Toby pretty much always has a bruise on his forehead for one reason or another.  This time, it was because Shiloh decided to climb the front of his highchair and ride it to the floor."  Followed by a selfie telling you how you can get the dress she's wearing.  She posted pics of the little boys in their clothing from Goodwill.  Honor looks ridiculous...his pants are too big, his jacket is too small, and it all looks like he slept in it for days.   

Honor, Theo, and Shiloh look terrible, like Abbie exhausted herself putting the bowties on the twins and just pulled someone else's clothes out of the hamper for each of those three and put Theo in charge of dressing them. Because Mama had moved on to modeling her own dress by then #priorities

• Upvote 13

53 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Honor, Theo, and Shiloh look terrible, like Abbie exhausted herself putting the bowties on the twins and just pulled someone else's clothes out of the hamper for each of those three and put Theo in charge of dressing them. Because Mama had moved on to modeling her own dress by then #priorities

I’ve said this so many times but Braggie is just a Jill Rod with more money and more education. They are both narcissistic fundie princesses who care most about their own looks, care more about their overall number of children than each child, and will let their youngest kids look at hot mess on special occasions without a single fuck given. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 13

On 4/18/2022 at 4:44 AM, danvillebelle said:

This is so disturbing. Abbie looks beyond frazzled despite her new dress and everyone else is disheveled. I get that having ten kids makes you prioritize differently but it's surprising for someone so focused on outward appearances like Abbie is. Easter is special for fundies, isn't it? She couldn't find time to iron the littles clothes? Or maybe rope an older child into doing it? Then again if she's having trouble just keeping the babies safe, she's got bigger problems on her hands.

Almost as if to prove the point that Abbie is stretched far beyond her limits, she posts fresh garbage. It appears that Abbie is indeed very overwhelmed but somehow managed to convince herself during a "deadlift while teaching Body Pump" (nice brag there) that its all part of some divine plan so everything's cool. I think I'd like to hear more about the week before this revelation when she was stressed, irritable, and laundry made her blood pressure spike. I'm sure that was quite a week.

Spoiler

797612724_Screenshot_20220419-1033312.thumb.png.b70381ba7043d43a5a9a7634e2d8e1a0.png1831662287_Screenshot_20220419-1033382.png.c5565dca71b4aedc883c1071d242d2f8.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1

7 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.73b5f20455260b61b65c91e355a558fe.jpegAre the boy twins going to be in high school until they’re 20 or is Abbie hinting at another pregnancy?

Ugh I hope not. I could see her expecting to easily get pregnant exactly when she wants to and imagines having a baby at exactly 40 and 42 to give her a perfect dozen. If she had a baby at 42, that kid would probably graduate 20 years from now.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

Yes, Braggie, if only I would give my anxiety to the lord I could discontinue my anti-anxiety meds. 🙄🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

This is so disturbing. Abbie looks beyond frazzled despite her new dress and everyone else is disheveled. I get that having ten kids makes you prioritize differently but it's surprising for someone so focused on outward appearances like Abbie is. Easter is special for fundies, isn't it? She couldn't find time to iron the littles clothes? Or maybe rope an older child into doing it? Then again if she's having trouble just keeping the babies safe, she's got bigger problems on her hands.

Almost as if to prove the point that Abbie is stretched far beyond her limits, she posts fresh garbage. It appears that Abbie is indeed very overwhelmed but somehow managed to convince herself during a "deadlift while teaching Body Pump" (nice brag there) that its all part of some divine plan so everything's cool. I think I'd like to hear more about the week before this revelation when she was stressed, irritable, and laundry made her blood pressure spike. I'm sure that was quite a week.

Hide contents

797612724_Screenshot_20220419-1033312.thumb.png.b70381ba7043d43a5a9a7634e2d8e1a0.png1831662287_Screenshot_20220419-1033382.png.c5565dca71b4aedc883c1071d242d2f8.png

This makes me angry. Worrying isn't a sin; it's a sign of anxiety or stress or just the reality of life. Someone who cared about me did once recommend I give up worry for lent. I've never been successful.

This sounds like shaming people with anxiety for their anxiety.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is pregnant. She is a few months younger than my fundie-lite acquaintance who is pregnant. I hope it's not twins. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/18/2022 at 7:44 AM, danvillebelle said:

It is a miracle that none of those little boys have had broken bones yet.  Shiloh seems to be one of those kids that you've got to watch every second to keep safe, and we all know that's not happening, as evidenced by the above anecdote.  How, presumably in a room full of adults and older children at an easter gathering, does Shiloh have the opportunity to start climbing Toby's highchair and pulling it over with no one stepping in?  I'll tell you how - no one is paying any attention to him.  

Maybe if she actually parented her kids during the day rather than indulge is selfies and excercise classes Shiloh and the rest of crew would be constantly covered in bumps and bruises.  This woman gets under my skin to no end. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Yes, Braggie, if only I would give my anxiety to the lord I could discontinue my anti-anxiety meds. 🙄🤦‍♀️

BTDT with the trying to pray mental illness away.  I ended up in a psych hospital (thank goodness).  IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK, BRAGGIE.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

I do use prayer and meditation to deal with my anxiety. However, that's in conjunction with a shrink, therapist and meds. Fortunately, in the Christian world I am a part of, therapists (of the properly degreed type), medication and the like is encouraged. My pastor has a list with various therapists and docs that will see people and the church will pay for it. We don't "pray it away". My denomination also strongly advised the COVID vax too.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

Someone on Facebook at least called her out for saying worry is a sin.

“I'm sorry, worry is a sin? Where do you find that in the Bible? "Fear not" is not a command, but a reassurance. You're not going to help those who struggle with anxiety by demonizing their fear.”

But Abbie doubled down on being right with more prooftexted Bible verses. It’s so harmful when ”celebrity” Christians are platformed and then write as though their opinions/perspectives/experiences are biblical fact. 

• Upvote 18
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Someone on Facebook at least called her out for saying worry is a sin.

“I'm sorry, worry is a sin? Where do you find that in the Bible? "Fear not" is not a command, but a reassurance. You're not going to help those who struggle with anxiety by demonizing their fear.”

But Abbie doubled down on being right with more prooftexted Bible verses. It’s so harmful when ”celebrity” Christians are platformed and then write as though their opinions/perspectives/experiences are biblical fact. 

I’m sure she thinks her hair pulling anxiety disorder is a sin and that’s why she has no eye brows left. Believing that way obviously doesn’t help her at all.  

• Upvote 5

In today’s stories she talks about one of her boys going to homeschool prom. But it quickly pivots to her and how she never got to go to prom except as a teacher chaperone. Because, in case we need reminding, she graduated college at 19. 

Whenever I encounter homeschoolers with this approach it feels so inconsistent. When it suits, the attitude is: grade levels are artificial arbitrary - it’s all about learning! But (as I saw in a recent article about another mega homeschool family) for bragging rights we can say … all our kids were in college by 14!!! Which is also artificial/arbitrary because Teacher Mom can just decide you’re ready to move on to the next level. 

I want to tell Abbie…or anyone really…education isn’t a race. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic