IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

Finally, someone left Braggie's book a 1 star review on Amazon!  And it's a good one. 

"Another book aimed at Christian women to burden them down even more. You cannot preach the truth of the Bible and behaviorism at the same time. It’s ok to be a mediocre, ordinary mom who is there for her kids. It’s probably not okay to be a busybody influencer woman who’s attachment to her children is questionable. The pacifier on the cover is fitting for women who refuse to nurture and comfort their baby at the breast."

OK, 'fess up.  Was it an FJer? 🥸

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Finally, someone left Braggie's book a 1 star review on Amazon!  And it's a good one. 

"Another book aimed at Christian women to burden them down even more. You cannot preach the truth of the Bible and behaviorism at the same time. It’s ok to be a mediocre, ordinary mom who is there for her kids. It’s probably not okay to be a busybody influencer woman who’s attachment to her children is questionable. The pacifier on the cover is fitting for women who refuse to nurture and comfort their baby at the breast."

Not me, but even without having read the book, I absolutely support what this person has said! Bravo-

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Not me! I wish I was that clever a writer! 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

It certainly wasn't me. That last line is really gross, ignorant, judgmental, etc.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 13

16 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It certainly wasn't me. That last line is really gross, ignorant, judgmental, etc.

Agreed.  But the rest of it was spot-on.

Braggie did mention it (the paci comment) in her stories.  I knew she wouldn't be able to let her first negative review go by without saying something.

• Upvote 9

On 3/28/2022 at 1:16 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I also take issue with the snark aimed at Braggie for not being enough attached to her kids. She does enough things wrong as it is and shaming a mother for something like that just comes across as misogynist. If Braggie were a man, no one would shame her for not showing enough attachment to her kids. But, yes, her lack of empathy is quite obvious to anyone and it makes it clear that her reason for having a lot of kids was for attention —-not because she loves them. Michelle Duggar did a FAR better job of hiding what truly motivated her to have a ton of kids.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2

On 3/26/2022 at 5:20 AM, danvillebelle said:

Because she does not, in her own words, "have a sentimental bone in her body."  She doesn't care. She's not an animal lover; that is made clear by the fact that their dog Ruby rarely, if ever, is in her IG photos. She let the kids have the kitten in the first place in a moment of weakness, apparently.  But they have other outside cats, so she thinks it's all good.  No matter that they lost one of their dogs (probably to a predator or hit by a car) because she's too damn lazy to buy a leash and let the dogs out on their own to relieve themselves.  There is no doubt in my mind that animals are just a tool for her, like everything else - something to amuse her kids. 

I understand that there are country people where I live who have barn cats.  I totally get that.  They are not solely pets, they're like livestock guard dogs.  They are keeping mice and pests out of animal feed storage.  Barn cats are also usually pretty damn smart and stay close to the barn.  

Braggie does not have livestock or a barn (besides her craptastic barn she lives in).  She lives on a large property surrounded by woods.  I guarantee you that coyotes regularly patrol her area; they're everywhere here.  A few months after we moved in here, I went out for a morning walk and one was standing right in the middle of our street.  He looked at me like "'sup?" and just trotted off.  They are bold and will eat whatever they can find, and that includes cats and small dogs.

In my mom's neighborhood in Colorado the local coyote pack killed 2 Golden Retrievers sadly. Even my big old 80 lb at the time German Shepherd got attacked by them but he started the attack first, when the pack ran in front of us right after I unclipped his leash when we were back on her 5 acres. Coyotes are smart, they would have left him alone but I ran screaming after them terrified they'd attack him from behind they pull down at the legs. Where my mom lives in the 10 surrounding miles has gone from like... 6,000 people in the early 90s to close to 100,000 today, the town south had under 5,000 people in 1990 and now have over 60,000. I feel really bad for the coyotes all their land with rabbits and Prairie dogs is bulldozed over for cookie cutter suburbs and box stores and new residents don't think anything of having outside cats or leaving small dogs outside and think coyotes are evil. They're not evil they're hungry. But to be willfully blind and ignorant about your surroundings results in a horribly painful and scary death for your furry friend and that's wrong too. Even in the mountains where there used to be wolves lots of new comers have outside cats and small dogs and of course they don't last long.

Even here in Hawai'i where there's hundreds of thousands of feral cats, in giant colonies in every neck of the island, rural, urban, etc. I don't let my kitties outside. I've scooped two young male cats off the road shortly after they were killed and taken them to ditches and grass and covered them up best I can without digging a grave to give them some respect so they don't become smeared all over the road. They were both feral from the looks of it. Outdoor cats are very common here but sooooo many get hit by cars. Well meaning people who aren't involved in colony management out foot right beside the roads and that combined with young males who can't find their own territory result in the most deaths. Some generally non Native older and wealthy retirees have channeled their rage against poor and homeless locals into feral cats and hide behind caring about endangered wildlife (which managed colonies help dramatically) and their leaders have admitted education they purposely go out of their way the run over every cat they see. If I ever go back to jail it will be for seeing someone who dies that and punching them in the face. 

But yeah fuck Braggie royally.  You don't graduate to an outside cat, the poor kitten never learned hunting skills from mom or had a chance to develop them before being outside.. i doubt she feeds the poor guy. I hope a neighbor family took him in.

She's up there with couples who get a dog or cat as a "trial baby" and get rid of it, usually by dumping it at a kill shelter, the second the shi shi dries on the stick. 

Never can anyone who treats dependent living creatures so poorly be good parents in my eyes. Or good people. Braggie is unique in treating her kids like crap and admitting it but she only does that because she tries to claim said crapoy treatment is Christ like and loving. I think Jesus is going have a few long words with her at the pearly gate after she's denied entrance before getting the boot down. Or at least I can hope. Is it weird I hope real Bible Jesus existed not MAGAHaoleBabyJesus, so He can really chew out the people acting like assholes and hurting vulnerable people in His name before he rejects them from Heaven?

5 hours ago, zee_four said:

But yeah fuck Braggie royally.  You don't graduate to an outside cat, the poor kitten never learned hunting skills from mom or had a chance to develop them before being outside.. i doubt she feeds the poor guy. I hope a neighbor family took him in.

Mama feral cats usually will teach their kittens how to hunt. An indoor cat has no clue. My duo were bottle babies after a coyote killed their mom and injured my Luke (he lost about 1/3 of his tail). As the couple who raised the kittens were trying to find homes for them, a bunch of people wanted them as "barn cats". Ummm...nope, they aren't "qualified" for that job. 2 found indoor homes in CA, they kept one and I have the other 2. My idiot DIL thought she could just shove the cats outside when I moved here. I think that may have been the first time I pissed her off by putting my foot down. 

You cannot toss a kitten outside and expect them to survive. A friend of mine in Vegas manages a feral colony. Her colony stays in her yard for the most part. There are a bunch of coyotes and mountain cats around where she lives...because of the endless building in Vegas. Better, bigger, put more houses on less land, and yell about the coyotes and mountain cats that roam the neighborhood. Then you have people who move out of apartments and dump their pets. That's how my son ended up with his 20lb panther. He was dumped when someone moved out. He ended up inviting himself in the house and well, he liked it. He has it made w/my son. He even got a trip to LA, when they played out there. He had a happy perch on an amp while they played. Dipshit and Dumbass think they own my house and me. I mean, its not like they barely leave me room to sit on the couch, or sleep in my bed (it's amazing how much room a combined roughly 30 pounds of feline takes up on a bed). 

Ok, time to take my "go night night" meds and try and forget about this entitled bitch. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Mama feral cats usually will teach their kittens how to hunt. An indoor cat has no clue. My duo were bottle babies after a coyote killed their mom and injured my Luke (he lost about 1/3 of his tail). As the couple who raised the kittens were trying to find homes for them, a bunch of people wanted them as "barn cats". Ummm...nope, they aren't "qualified" for that job. 2 found indoor homes in CA, they kept one and I have the other 2. My idiot DIL thought she could just shove the cats outside when I moved here. I think that may have been the first time I pissed her off by putting my foot down. 

You cannot toss a kitten outside and expect them to survive. A friend of mine in Vegas manages a feral colony. Her colony stays in her yard for the most part. There are a bunch of coyotes and mountain cats around where she lives...because of the endless building in Vegas. Better, bigger, put more houses on less land, and yell about the coyotes and mountain cats that roam the neighborhood. Then you have people who move out of apartments and dump their pets. That's how my son ended up with his 20lb panther. He was dumped when someone moved out. He ended up inviting himself in the house and well, he liked it. He has it made w/my son. He even got a trip to LA, when they played out there. He had a happy perch on an amp while they played. Dipshit and Dumbass think they own my house and me. I mean, its not like they barely leave me room to sit on the couch, or sleep in my bed (it's amazing how much room a combined roughly 30 pounds of feline takes up on a bed). 

Ok, time to take my "go night night" meds and try and forget about this entitled bitch. 

I shouldn't be angry because after working at a few different humane societies I've seen a bunch of shit but nothing pisses me off more than people being assholes to animals especially animals we've bred to be dependent on us.

I worked at the Summit County Animal Shelter and up there and some of the other mountain counties they take a ton of dogs from states with kill shelters and who are shitty about spayjng and neutering like OK TX KS AR etc. 

Hawai'i is really bad though. There's two types of poi dogs tiny chihuahua based ones and larger pit based ones. Just on Next door today I saw 3 free giveaways for dogs and tons of kittens out there on their own and other people trying to pawn off more animals. Hawaiian Humane Society does free spay and neuter on feral cats and rescues if they were feral, just bri g them in and pick them up easy peasy. But still, with dogs there's a big moke culture, its the Hawaiian version of toxic masculinity, a bunch of my cousins are mokes. They usually have big dogs and outright refuse to S&N. Dogs locked up outside in the heat and humidity and not trained well so they're super aggressive are common. 

Its just frustrating. Fuck you Braggie. If Jesus is real I can't wait for him to bitchslap her for using His name to abuse children and pets. 

• Upvote 1

I used to be judgy about all outdoor cats, until a friend who works with feral cats set me straight. She regularly feeds and captures feral cats and takes them to the vet for spaying/neutering and other necessary medical care. She told me that, despite her very hospitable home, some feral rescues absolutely refuse to live indoors, so she meets their needs to the best of her ability.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

On 3/31/2022 at 1:06 AM, feministxtian said:

Then you have people who move out of apartments and dump their pets. That's how my son ended up with his 20lb panther. He was dumped when someone moved out. He ended up inviting himself in the house and well, he liked it. 

We're pretty sure that's what happened to one of my parents' cats: getting dumped. We found him in the middle of nowhere as a kitten, with no one answering the ad we placed in the local paper. He was probably the runt of the litter and had physical issues (for instance, we're pretty sure he effectively had no depth perception because his eyes didn't quite line up). I still get mad at the person who dumped him where he could have been eaten or died of exposure. My mom always views it as the person punishing him/herself, because he turned out to be the sweetest, cuddliest, most affectionate cat ever; he loved recuperating from a hip injury because it meant that everyone kept holding him to keep him from jumping on it. 

This is one of the things that tick me off most about Abby. She's lost animals to the coyotes, more than one animal, and she keeps letting them out alone. At this point it's not just ignorance, it's willful animal abuse and cruel.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

On 3/30/2022 at 4:33 PM, luv2laugh said:

I also take issue with the snark aimed at Braggie for not being enough attached to her kids. She does enough things wrong as it is and shaming a mother for something like that just comes across as misogynist. If Braggie were a man, no one would shame her for not showing enough attachment to her kids. But, yes, her lack of empathy is quite obvious to anyone and it makes it clear that her reason for having a lot of kids was for attention —-not because she loves them. Michelle Duggar did a FAR better job of hiding what truly motivated her to have a ton of kids.

Sorry, I disagree. I see little, if any,  attachment to those kids as INDIVIDUALS. She likes the attention they , as a pack of 10, garner her, and is too lazy and disorganized to use BC. She attempts to hide her laziness with the Jesus card. Shaun is no better.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

This is one of the things that tick me off most about Abby. She's lost animals to the coyotes, more than one animal, and she keeps letting them out alone. At this point it's not just ignorance, it's willful animal abuse and cruel.

100%. It’s a good illustration of who she is as a person: cruel and abusive.

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 8

Braggie is living up to her name today. She pretends to talk about Adelaide but really it's about Abbie, Abbie's book launch, Abbie's merch table, Abbie being the best mom ever. I hope the next decade of Della's life takes her to college and far away from her mother who can't be in a room without sucking in every ounce of attention for herself.

Spoiler

1552067169_Screenshot_20220402-1010132.png.0e8678a7599ccfa8882c6cfe60ae3a57.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 10
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Braggie is living up to her name today. She pretends to talk about Adelaide but really it's about Abbie, Abbie's book launch, Abbie's merch table, Abbie being the best mom ever. I hope the next decade of Della's life takes her to college and far away from her mother who can't be in a room without sucking in every ounce of attention for herself.

Hide contents

1552067169_Screenshot_20220402-1010132.png.0e8678a7599ccfa8882c6cfe60ae3a57.png

Literally anyone could say this about a newborn compared to 11 years later. You can tell almost nothing about the future of a newborn. You can make guesses and assumptions but it’s not like you can make any kind of educated guess. I could say the same thing about my 9 year old. I knew nothing about him when he was born besides the fact that he was male, was energetic for a newborn, and didn’t sleep great. How would I know from that very little info he would be the boy he is today? She just used Dells as an excuse to brag and it’s gross. She can’t go a single hour without someone patting her on the back. She would probably curl up and die. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Her nicknames are odd. I’d never guess Della from Adelaide. IME nicknames usually come from the stressed part of a longer name or the beginning consonant sound, often with an ‘ie’ sound at the end. So Nicholas — Nick. Deborah —Deb. Sebastian— Sebbie. Adelaide would nickname to Addie for me. Della is beautiful it just doesn’t….match up, if that makes any sense.

• Upvote 6

I was wondering who Adelaide was! I guess her girl naming theme is long names with cute nicknames. My daughter named her cat Adelaide. After I bought a personalized Christmas ornament for the cat, my daughter only refers to the her by a very generic nickname (nothing to do with the name Adelaide.)

Della was my guess for the Waller’s latest girl based on this Della.

I adore Anne of Green Gables and that film version in particular, and I'm struggling to think where she got Adelaide from it. Or why she thinks it has anything to do with the rest of the post about...her book🙄

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Why does she always bring up "hard"? I get the feeling she'd much rather do her own thing than actually MOTHER her children. I have that happening here in my own family. One of my kids works a pretty tough job, spent 7 years getting her bachelor's and Master's degrees and a certification (PMP). Yet, her kiddo is the center of EVERYTHING. She did online school so she could spend time with him. Her partner is forever taking him to car shows, up to his dad's to work on cars, and generally just spend time with him. Another one of my kids is pretty much the sole caretaker although he is married. She can't be assed to take the baby to day care before work nor pick her up. She's leaving on Tuesday to go to Miami to get a "Brazilian Butt Lift". I can't begin to describe how much she pisses me off. She and Abbie would get along just fine, both of them forever bitching about their kids. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

Her nicknames are odd. I’d never guess Della from Adelaide. IME nicknames usually come from the stressed part of a longer name or the beginning consonant sound, often with an ‘ie’ sound at the end. So Nicholas — Nick. Deborah —Deb. Sebastian— Sebbie. Adelaide would nickname to Addie for me. Della is beautiful it just doesn’t….match up, if that makes any sense.

She did this with two of her daughters’ names. Of course she had to go with a super special unique Nick name. You know she puts thousands of hours into naming her children and coming up with perfect Nick names. But then when they are born, she resents the hell out of them. The girl names:

Evangeline: NN Evy (I’m shocked she didn’t call her Lina). 
Magnolia: NN Nola (everyone else on earth would have Nick named her Maggie. But not super special Braggie)

Adelaide: NN Della (yes, everyone else would call her Addy. It’s the go to Nick name for any name that starts with Ad like Addison, Adeline, Adaline, Adelaide).

• Thank You 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, danvillebelle said:

This is amazing. Whomever did it, FJ-er or not, thank you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I adore Anne of Green Gables and that film version in particular, and I'm struggling to think where she got Adelaide from it. Or why she thinks it has anything to do with the rest of the post about...her book🙄

I agree. I've seen the movie many, many times and read the book even more. I don't remember an Adelaide at all. The only one that comes to mind is Adelaide from Guys and Dolls. 🤣

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, patsymae said:

me neither

I know exactly how it feels. My youngest was a stage 4 clinger. He just wanted to nurse and hang all over me all day long. I just got so tired of being touched constantly. I like my personal space. He is 7 now and still loves hugs. Which is completely fine. Give me a hug and be on your merry way. But just hanging on me like a baby koala all day was hard for me to deal with. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know exactly how it feels. My youngest was a stage 4 clinger. He just wanted to nurse and hang all over me all day long. I just got so tired of being touched constantly. I like my personal space. He is 7 now and still loves hugs. Which is completely fine. Give me a hug and be on your merry way. But just hanging on me like a baby koala all day was hard for me to deal with. 

Ah, I get it now. and I can sympathize. Mine also was like another appendage. (PS, I used a pacifier. It was that or throw one of us out the window. I didn't care which one.)

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic