IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

Well her latest post is another big brag about the book with lots of screenshots of rave reviews that she is honored to respond to. She is astonished she succeeded so amazingly because God. But also worked her tail off really amazingly because God. So buy her book. Also God. 🥵

She does claim to be a national bestseller on secular and evangelical lists. Usually publishers won’t claim that unless it’s maintained a bestselling slot on certain lists for at least a week. Any idea if her book has legit sold that well or if she’s spinning it? (I.e. bestseller in the Amazon/fundie homeschooling/instagram-mom-of-two sets -of-twins book category. 

Edited by neuroticcat
Typos
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 1

It did have some bestselling slots in February when it came out, I don't know how long that held.  

She just has one more insufferable thing to add to her brag list, and her book has pride of place in the community until the next Christian Mommy comes out with the topic du jour and then she'll fade into the background.  The thing is, because her initial effort has done fairly well, Harvest House will probably pay her to write another one.

Meanwhile, Braggie does things like process hundreds of t-shirt orders to feed her ego while her children continue to raise themselves.  Any semblance of organization or peace her daily life had has gone to shit, by her own admission, but she just keeps burning the candle at both ends and neglecting her kids because she thinks it's sanctifying. 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4

I know it's probably a coincidence but it's funny that there was discussion about Abbie's plethora of five star reviews and their validity, or at least who they were coming from. Then Abbie posts this. It's from Sunday, same day as the review talk. She lets us know that she's a bestseller on evangelical and secular lists. Take that. The accompanying pics (I didn't include them) are screenshots of people just gushing all over her.

It's business as usual with insufferable faux humility and toe curling cringe as she tries her best to sound like a normal human and not like a lizard.

Spoiler

512409221_Screenshot_20220503-1017482.thumb.png.47b640852d24ddb7300df9a60bb14b46.png1818217278_Screenshot_20220503-1017532.png.057749a1672118e8ea7639dfb0bc6161.png

Edited by SuperNova
I CAN spell
  • Eyeroll 3

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I know it's probably a coincidence but it's funny that there was discussion about Abbie's plethora of five star reviews and their validity, or at least who they were coming from. Then Abbie posts this. It's from Sunday, same day as the review talk. She lets us know that she's a bestseller on evangelical and secular lists. Take that. The accompanying pics (I didn't include them) are screenshots of people just gushing all over her.

It's business as usual with insufferable faux humility and toe curling cringe as she tries her best to sound like a normal human and not like a lizard.

Hide contents

512409221_Screenshot_20220503-1017482.thumb.png.47b640852d24ddb7300df9a60bb14b46.png1818217278_Screenshot_20220503-1017532.png.057749a1672118e8ea7639dfb0bc6161.png

I wouldn’t be surprised if she looks at FJ sometimes. I don’t think she’s talked about much on other sites. Like I don’t think she’s talked about much of fundie Reddit or on fb groups about fundies. I think we talk about her most.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she looks at FJ sometimes. I don’t think she’s talked about much on other sites. Like I don’t think she’s talked about much of fundie Reddit or on fb groups about fundies. I think we talk about her most.

I've seen her once or twice on the fundiesnark sub but those posts don't really gain traction. 

• I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I've seen her once or twice on the fundiesnark sub but those posts don't really gain traction. 

It’s always interesting to me that Braggie gets very little attention on Reddit while her bleached blonde fundie twin gets the most attention out of anyone. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s always interesting to me that Braggie gets very little attention on Reddit while her bleached blonde fundie twin gets the most attention out of anyone. 

Abbie just isn’t rad enough to get any traction~ 🤣

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who is her bleached blonde twin? 

I am pretty sure she reads here. I had a pretty benign interaction with her, posted about it here, and was summarily blocked. 

• Upvote 3

Just look at all the similarities between Braggie and Gaggie (Jill Rod):

Both are obsessed with their looks.

Both are obsessed with having large families no matter how much they neglect their kids.

Both are obsessed with their home decor.

Both parentify their oldest children.

Both give their children way too many chores. 

Both control every aspect of their children’s lives.

Both brag about their husband’s handyman skills on their homes.

Both recently wrote a book about parenting even though they are the worst parents imaginable. 

Both were raised by parents who let them get away with way too much nasty behavior and never called them out for their inappropriate actions.

Both have parents who wanted large families but weren’t able to do now they are having the huge brood their parents never could. 

Both have relied heavily on family help (Jill did much more when living in WV).

Both seem to be terrible cooks. 

Both have untreated issues they will likely never treat (Jill with her insomnia and Braggie with her hair pulling).

Both give back handed complements to their children on a regular basis. 

Both think they are the bestest Christians of all.

Both are obsessed with having long hair. 

Both have two sets of twins (Jill has Irish and Braggie has identical)

Both have husbands that seem completely checked out. 

Both constantly talk about their sacrifices to have a big family.

Both love to judge others while pretending to be out of love. 

Both have closets filled with clothing for themselves while their younger children will wear ill fitting raggy clothing. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Hide contents

"Surrender fertility" but try to space your pregnancies with non-hormonal methods. Sure, Jan.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

Has your toddler been victimizing you? Are you bitter about it? Abbie is here to help.

But in all seriousness, if you think a literal toddler is victimizing you, you could probably benefit from therapy. You should also consider counseling if you're so emotionally constipated that you need to participate in 'the mechanical act of smiling'. Fake it until you make it definitely has some merit but that doesn't mean you should just ignore the underlying issues that cause you to feel so awful. 

Spoiler

1425057140_Screenshot_20220504-1759412.thumb.png.9739088edace4ff2e5d306e1987be09a.png1510565794_Screenshot_20220504-1759472.png.37e1610da1f5fdcf43940c4e20aacd3e.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Has your toddler been victimizing you? Are you bitter about it? Abbie is here to help.

But in all seriousness, if you think a literal toddler is victimizing you, you could probably benefit from therapy. You should also consider counseling if you're so emotionally constipated that you need to participate in 'the mechanical act of smiling'. Fake it until you make it definitely has some merit but that doesn't mean you should just ignore the underlying issues that cause you to feel so awful. 

Hide contents

1425057140_Screenshot_20220504-1759412.thumb.png.9739088edace4ff2e5d306e1987be09a.png1510565794_Screenshot_20220504-1759472.png.37e1610da1f5fdcf43940c4e20aacd3e.png

Why did she bring her toddler to the grocery in the first place? She’s said many times she does curbside pick up. And her oldest children constantly babysit her kids anyway. So why bring the kid in the store? Because she’s a fucking martyr, she has other options. She chooses to do it the hard way. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why did she bring her toddler to the grocery in the first place? She’s said many times she does curbside pick up. And her oldest children constantly babysit her kids anyway. So why bring the kid in the store? Because she’s a fucking martyr, she has other options. She chooses to do it the hard way. 

The odd thing is that she says toddler but then blames 9 year old Nola. Or am I misreading it? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

There's the easy way. The hard way.. And the Braggie way. Which is the hardest way of all.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The odd thing is that she says toddler but then blames 9 year old Nola. Or am I misreading it? 

Braggie is still obvs holding a grudge against Nola for the supermarket tantrum she had seven years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And she has always had other options. Her mom is a surrogate/ 3rd parent to those kids and always has been.

• Upvote 2

On 5/1/2022 at 7:11 AM, Hane said:

*deep sigh* Out of 365 reviews, 97% have five stars. Only one of them is negative.

I'm with you on how disheartening that is but those reviews show a huge confirmation bias though. No one who dislikes her Instagram will spend hard earned money on more of her Instagram posts in published form. The people who are willing to spend money on her claptrap, will review it highly. 375 is 375 too many but in the scheme of things that's not a huge number. My high school newspaper which I was editor of, reached over 2k students and staff and, at the risk of sounding narcissistic was highly read. 375 could be her homeschool co-op, her church and some of her humoers. Hunger Games has over 40k for example. Most other Christian women's lit, like Mama Bear, have thousands of reviews. Girl Wash Your Face has over 26k reviews. I truly believe if Braggy wasn't the privileged upper middle class woman she is, this vanity project would never have been published. 

Edited by zee_four
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Hane said:

Braggie is still obvs holding a grudge against Nola for the supermarket tantrum she had seven years ago.

That’s terrible. My 9 year old went crazy in a mall 7 years ago. I said he could only pick one cookie and he decided one wasn’t enough. He grabbed 2 and ran out of the store. He was a fast 2 year old and he’s still crazy fast. He ran the entire length of the mall with me chasing him. Then when I caught him, I picked him up and walked the entire length of the mall with him kicking and screaming in my arms the whole way. I got so many dirty looks! But I tell him the story now and we laugh. They love hearing stories of when they were wild babies. I definitely don’t hold a grudge against him! He was 2! But I will say I hold a grudge against those folks who gave me dirty looks. Toddlers have tantrums. No need to make the situation worse with your obvious judgment random mall people. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

@JermajestyDuggar, I will never forget a similar event. My daughter was about three or four. It was a Friday evening right after work. It was hot and miserably humid. I had a bad period. I desperately wanted to go home, take a cool shower and some Pamprin, and lie down, but I had to take her with me to the grocery store to get a few essentials. And she *refused* to sit in the grocery cart when we got to the checkout. (I knew I couldn’t wheel the cart through the parking lot to my car and hold her hand at the same time.) And she dissolved into Jell-O right in the aisle, melting down at the indignity of my trying to scoop her into the cart. Meanwhile, the mom who drove her to pre-k for me was there with her two little boys, who were acting like perfect angels.

I was on my last frayed nerve, and my kid knew I was *mad*—and I’m not one to get mad very often. I told her, “Well, if you’re going to act this way, I guess I can’t take you shopping or to McDonald’s anymore.”

When I was tucking her in that night, she said, “Mommy, I’m concerned about two things.”

”What?”

”Shopping in stores and eating in hamburger restaurants.” (She spent most of her time with adults, hence her vocabulary.)

”Well, you didn’t behave in the store today.”

Her extremely dramatic response: “It will Not. Happen. Again.” And it didn’t. Really, she was a pretty easy kid.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, Hane said:

@JermajestyDuggar, I will never forget a similar event. My daughter was about three or four. It was a Friday evening right after work. It was hot and miserably humid. I had a bad period. I desperately wanted to go home, take a cool shower and some Pamprin, and lie down, but I had to take her with me to the grocery store to get a few essentials. And she *refused* to sit in the grocery cart when we got to the checkout. (I knew I couldn’t wheel the cart through the parking lot to my car and hold her hand at the same time.) And she dissolved into Jell-O right in the aisle, melting down at the indignity of my trying to scoop her into the cart. Meanwhile, the mom who drove her to pre-k for me was there with her two little boys, who were acting like perfect angels.

I was on my last frayed nerve, and my kid knew I was *mad*—and I’m not one to get mad very often. I told her, “Well, if you’re going to act this way, I guess I can’t take you shopping or to McDonald’s anymore.”

When I was tucking her in that night, she said, “Mommy, I’m concerned about two things.”

”What?”

”Shopping in stores and eating in hamburger restaurants.” (She spent most of her time with adults, hence her vocabulary.)

Her extremely dramatic response: “It will Not. Happen. Again.” And it didn’t. Really, she was a pretty easy kid.

Our incident never happened again because I didn’t take him to the mall again for years. I’m not exaggerating. It was probably 3 years. I don’t like malls anyway.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Our incident never happened again because I didn’t take him to the mall again for years. I’m not exaggerating. It was probably 3 years. I don’t like malls anyway.

Neither of my kids were tantrumers. But I do remember the 1 time my son threw a doozy of one in the mall’s toy store (we were visiting family out of our area, so I never had to visit that mall again). I think he was 3-4. I picked him up, and he screamed and kicked the entire walk back to the car. I cant remember him every having another tantrum. He is 31, so my memory of it is long.

• Upvote 2

I once saw a dad standing calmly looking down at his tantruming toddler and murmuring reassurances (“I know you’re tired. You’re gonna be OK, buddy”) as he prayed for the kid to run out of steam. I said, “Good on you, Dad—we’ve all been there,” and he looked grateful.

• Upvote 13

5 hours ago, Hane said:

”What?”

My daughter had exactly one tantrum in a grocery store. Similar to you, I was tired and not having a great day. We went to the store to pick up a few things and I don't even remember why but she had an all out fit, down on the ground, kicking her legs and crying with her eyes shut and her face bright red. I calmly left her there and walked out of the aisle, hiding around the corner so I could watch her. She opened her eyes, looked around and instantly stopped crying. She stood up calm and I reappeared and asked if she was done. She nodded and that was that. Never happened again. I still don't know what came over her. She was an unbelievably easy kid and it was a contributing factor for never having more children. I had this fear that the next one would be awful and I wouldn't be able to cope. 

• Love 2

On 5/2/2022 at 8:36 PM, neuroticcat said:

Well her latest post is another big brag about the book with lots of screenshots of rave reviews that she is honored to respond to. She is astonished she succeeded so amazingly because God. But also worked her tail off really amazingly because God. So buy her book. Also God. 🥵

She does claim to be a national bestseller on secular and evangelical lists. Usually publishers won’t claim that unless it’s maintained a bestselling slot on certain lists for at least a week. Any idea if her book has legit sold that well or if she’s spinning it? (I.e. bestseller in the Amazon/fundie homeschooling/instagram-mom-of-two sets -of-twins book category. 

I found it towards the bottom of "top sellers" list when I searched Amazon essentially for "evangelical Christian women's/mother's". I think the book below her had like 8 reviews so we're not really talking big numbers here.

It's not like she wrote the next Harry Potter series here or something.

She’s writing another one.
While she’s in a hotel alone.
So she can work. Because isn’t that just the most relatable, guys? Checking into a HOTEL so you can work?

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic