IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Yes, the first Kevin Sullivan movie was the only one that really followed the books. The second was loosely based on Windy Poplars. The third was a train wreck. 

I get hearing a name and liking it, even if the character is unimportant. It is just random to reference it back to the movie when it’s not really connected. That’s why it reminds me of the P and P quote too. Perhaps she loves those things or perhaps she just knows her audience - either way it’s a way to showcase herself and her interests…in a post supposedly about her daughter (not that I’m a fan of instagrammers showcasing kids on socials). I imagine it’s nearly impossible to be an influencer without eventually believing every thing about yourself is interesting and a point of connection. 

The idea of influencers is the worst. As others have noted on this thread, I fundamentally don’t think it’s compatible with Christian formation. The cult of Christian celebrity is the worst and socials just let unhealthy people self create that. 

Yes! I refuse to buy the third movie.  Hated it so much.  My roommate and I freshman year had a list on our door of guys we wouldn't date.  We decided that was a bit depressing so we added "men we would marry" to the list.  Gilbert Blythe was the top of the list.  And I'll always picture Jonathan Crombie in that role! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

If she puts the twin boys in that room with Shiloh...shit is gonna go DOWN.  She will walk in and find them hanging from the ceiling.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

Hmmmm she must’ve deleted the latest Shiloh post because I don’t see it. Someone must’ve told her not to post naked pictures of kids, as I’m positive it wasn’t the terrible way that she talks about him that caused it to come down.

A 3 year old cleaning his room? Wtf? A 3 year old will be present while you clean their room but they will probably make more of a mess because….they’re 3. Delightful, yes. Helpful, not really. You’d think she’d have figured this out by now.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

Hmmmm she must’ve deleted the latest Shiloh post because I don’t see it. Someone must’ve told her not to post naked pictures of kids, as I’m positive it wasn’t the terrible way that she talks about him that caused it to come down.

It was posted in stories, so it might have expired (they disappear after 24 hours).  I still hope someone said something to her about it.  

This morning she posted a reel of she and Della filling t-shirt orders amidst piles and piles of t-shirts.  Um, Braggie?  The world is now full of third party merch companies who will happily not only print your stuff but ship it to the customer.  You could have used one of those.  But no, I guess you had to make it hard so you can brag about it on social media, so you had umpteen thousand t-shirts shipped to your house. 🙄

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She also posted a video of him flying a kite outside wearing nothing but a diaper, with the caption "Always naked."  Now letting kids run naked is not something I ever did, nor were any of mine inclined to do it.  And obviously people can do whatever they want inside their homes.  What I have a problem with is a) her letting him play outside, running on pavement and East Texas grass (which is full of bur sedge grass, aka stickaburrs) naked.  If he tripped and fell running that fast on that driveway his entire front would be skinned up.  b) How does ANYONE in this day and age, especially with things like Josh Duggar's trial going on in the public eye, post their little kids like that for literally the entire world to see and download.  I do. not. get. it.

The part of Texas (near Plano) I lived in for two years was plagued by fire ants. Don't they have fire ants in east Texas?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

The part of Texas (near Plano) I lived in for two years was plagued by fire ants. Don't they have fire ants in east Texas?

Yes, lots of them.  Despite my best efforts to avoid them I usually get bitten a few times every summer. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Yes.  ZeebaHubby's family lived not too far from Tyler and there were definitely fire ants.

• Upvote 2

I can't get over the unironic "Not today satan" shirts. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I can't get over the unironic "Not today satan" shirts. 

Those have been all over the place for years and you can get them at any Christian bookstore; I'm surprised she did those.  

My younger son likes to wear graphic tees.  He has one with a Baphomet head that says "Not today, Jesus!"  😁

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

I was reading about the history of Satan and there were times in history when very religious Christians didn’t focus much on Satan. They didn’t blame him for every problem. I wish fundies would stop blaming Satan for every little thing that irks them. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

I find it more than a little ironic that Satan has become as much of a get out of jail free card for many christians as salvation itself.  See: Denzel Washington blaming the devil for Will Smith's temper.  

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I find it more than a little ironic that Satan has become as much of a get out of jail free card for many christians as salvation itself.  See: Denzel Washington blaming the devil for Will Smith's temper.  

I agree. Will felt anger and chose to react with violence. Satan didn’t do anything. Will made his choice and now he must face the consequences. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Since no one outside her small circle knows the “hard /= bad” thing I would definitely not be a fan of a husband or son wearing said shirt in that the only meaning the general public would probably infer just looking at it would be phallic.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Will felt anger and chose to react with violence. Satan didn’t do anything. Will made his choice and now he must face the consequences. 

You sure it wasn't because Satan built a hidden fortress in his heart?

Seriously though I am so confused by Denzel Washington's statement. Was he saying people who never do anything wrong are actually bad because Satan is ignoring them?

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

You sure it wasn't because Satan built a hidden fortress in his heart?

Seriously though I am so confused by Denzel Washington's statement. Was he saying people who never do anything wrong are actually bad because Satan is ignoring them?

I think it’s just an easy way to explain why people may do things out of character, when the pressure of the public eye gets to them. That’s not the devil. That’s stress that people are not used to handling in appropriate ways. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, HadToSayIt said:

Since no one outside her small circle knows the “hard /= bad” thing I would definitely not be a fan of a husband or son wearing said shirt in that the only meaning the general public would probably infer just looking at it would be phallic.  

This is what I think whenever I see the branding. 🙈😂

• Upvote 2

On 4/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, HadToSayIt said:

Oh.  My god.  You’re exactly right!🤣

• Upvote 2

On 4/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, HadToSayIt said:

If I wore a shirt that said this, I’m positive my husband would say, “is that an invitation?” 

• Haha 14

Abbie truly believes that literally every single mother finds her life and her children enviable.

She brags about Theo before inevitably throwing him under the bus for what was probably normal 3-5 year old behavior. She alludes to a factor that added to the challenge but says it isn't hers to tell. Very strange. She claims it doesn't matter, but if Theo regresses when stressed, I'd say it does matter quite a bit. 

The word rage comes up often in her posts. No doubt that the kids see her seething quietly with rage when they play the piano or when they're sounding out spelling words and then they mimic that behavior when they're frustrated, too. It's all so unhealthy.

Well Abbie would be jealous to know that my daughter never had a "rage monster" phase. She was a good baby who slept through the night, then she was a good toddler who was very curious about everything, and then a good child and good teenager, before becoming a lovely woman who cares for others. Some of it was luck, some of it was being able to focus on her because I only had one kid. I understand that most kids aren't as easy but I count my secular blessings because being a mom at 16 was a challenge in and of itself. 

Spoiler

44630464_Screenshot_20220407-0935132.thumb.png.e301711808a6510a9189ac5556e7dd51.png779010058_Screenshot_20220407-0935232.png.905e0237be4b7616e9317266d4af12b0.png

• Upvote 8

Lmao the "difficult" years are yet to come, Braggie. My kids are 20, 20, and 26 (all boys, two are my nephews). Hoping she continues to entertain me on lunch break for years to come.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

none of my kids were "rage monsters". Sure they were probably a little bit more "difficult" than some others, but I think much of that was due to the situation at the time (abusive marriage). They were kind of wild, prone to do the exact opposite of what they were told to do, and could generally be royal PITAs. BUT...I damn sure would NOT have told the world, hell, I can barely remember what that time was like now. I think Braggie needs a good shrink, maybe some meds...as rage/anger is a symptom of depression. 

• Upvote 6

It's like she aims in the right direction but then manages to miss by a mile. It's astonishing.

Like saying "everyone messes up, take your child as he is, things change and ebb and flow" isn't a bad message. But then she manages to throw her kid under the bus, call any mistake or misstep a parent might make a "sin", and go on about how hard it is to be a mother, making it all about her.

Mistakes aren't sin. Anger isn't something to combat, but to manage. Accepting your child as they are isn't the same as "resigning yourself" to whatever label you've stuck on them no matter how they might grow or change.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

I have a son who is Theo’s exact age. 3-5 were extremely difficult years for us. Actually it was probably more like 2-6. The thing is, she needs to take her own ducking advice. Shiloh is 3 and she shits all over him all over social media. She can say this behavior is normal all she wants. The fact that she constantly complains about Shiloh's “normal” behavior means she doesn’t actually think it’s normal. She takes it personally. Why do women even listen to these social media moms when they don’t even take their own advice? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

She needs help in separating all her competing, convoluted thoughts on child rearing and Jesus. Like someone above mentioned, she starts down a path and you think she has a clear message to articulate and then she veers off the road and gets herself all twisted up in religion, and the message is lost, or worse yet, contradicted. And as she reports, she’s not very efficient at completing most tasks, which has to be hard with so many kids( thank God there are surrogate parents, cooks and cleaners involved). She and Shaun are on the hot mess express. I’m not sure either one is completely healthy-

NO ONE SHOULD BE TAKING PARENTING ADVICE FROM HER!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She needs help in separating all her competing, convoluted thoughts on child rearing and Jesus. Like someone above mentioned, she starts down a path and you think she has a clear message to articulate and then she veers off the road and gets herself all twisted up in religion, and the message is lost, or worse yet, contradicted. And as she reports, she’s not very efficient at completing most tasks, which has to be hard with so many kids( thank God there are surrogate parents, cooks and cleaners involved). She and Shaun are on the hot mess express. I’m not sure either one is completely healthy-

NO ONE SHOULD BE TAKING PARENTING ADVICE FROM HER!

Braggie seems to be online friends with Rachel Wissmann. Friends enough to sponsor giveaways and recommend one another’s posts. However if you look at Rachel, she is so organized and has better advice than Braggie. She also doesn’t brag much or put down her children. If Braggie wasn’t constantly talking about her Christianity, Rachel would have nothing to do with her. The only thing they have in common is being homeschool Christian moms. Nothing else. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic