IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

I feel that she have the foundation to look way better,

I liked the makeup although to me its like her everyday look and she could have gone a bit heavier.

In terms of dress the shape is making her look even more skinny, and I don't like the fabric it's just too plain.

I guess I agree about the fit; she's gamine, and there are better ways to dress that type, but I love the fabric; it looks like quality to me.

I suppose the makeup is meant to be simple California girl...I think I would have liked a more interesting hairstyle, though it's very nicely done. 

• Upvote 4

The dress is not my style AT ALL. Would never wear that style. But that's just my taste. Tiffany looks nice overall. She is a beautiful bride, because she is a beautiful young woman. The close up picture of her makeup looks quite nice.

But the dress, the old fashion getaway car, the cake and all are that, it's just for one day. What worries me is how's this couple gonna fare long term. I still can't see Lawson being an attentive and caring husband.

On another note: I think I saw the groomsmen in some of the family's Insta stories and they simply had a white shirt wore slightly open comined with black pants. In itself it's a plain and normal look, but OH MY GOD! The Bates boys (I think Trace and Nathan) looked super douchey and smug. Maybe it's just their personality coming through, but something about the look makes me thing of mega-douchebags.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

Could the bow on the back be a bustle for a long train? I don’t love it but it kind of looks like the folds you do to get the train up for the reception. 

19 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I think she's very proud of her trim legs - hence the slit to show them off. Not gonna lie, they look worryingly thin to me (especially in that one pic where you can see her thigh), but I may be overly concerned because of my personal history, and I certainly don't want to do any armchair diagnosis. But yeah, I think she feels her legs are one of her best features.

She may have lost weight for the wedding.  If so, here's hoping she can relax a bit now that it's over.

14 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

We knew they’d likely have picture-perfect wedding. But I don’t see love in Lawson’s face in any of these photos. 

He isn't even looking at her in most of the photos.

• Upvote 10

I'm fully convinced their first son will be named William. Lawson is the Duggar / Bates child I most expect to name his child after himself.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm fully convinced their first son will be named William. Lawson is the Duggar / Bates child I most expect to name his child after himself.

See i don’t think that’s so bad. He has never been known as William, so the kid gets its own name in a sense but still can have the “pride” of being named after his dad (normal family) Carson and Kade are like third or fourth named after fathers. And they get a made up name they have to go by at least William won’t have to do that. Plus it is a lovely name imo. I can snark on a lot about these two but naming his kid William isn’t one of them. Now if he called it Lawson then I would snark and saw I think it should have been William. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

For the dress nerds among us, Tiffany posted this about how they came up with the design:

Screenshot_20220515_131405.thumb.jpg.176f5b204276ad655dee538d619649df.jpg

I'm super curious about Tiffany. Did they show much of her on BuB? Does she have much of a personality or is she just vaguely cheerful and mysteriously obsessed with Lawson? 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Can I just point out that the statement "a dress is something a bride will always need" is definitely wrong? I, for one, didn't have a wedding dress...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

She had a vision of adding a bow to the butt? She deliberately added that feature? I know she’s young, but has she never seen an 80s wedding dress, all of which prominently featured butt bows? There is a reason people joke about that trend.

I’m not a fan of the slit to the thigh, either, but I can at least see a reason for it. I would just have ended it at the knee, and not posed her with her leg sticking out for every single photo. 

In terms of this marriage, I could see it going either way. It might settle them down, or Tiffany might find herself losing her personality to a self-centered man-boy. I doubt either of them has thought much beyond the altar and the first few nights of fellowship. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

He isn't even looking at her in most of the photos.

I was thinking the same. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

See i don’t think that’s so bad. He has never been known as William, so the kid gets its own name in a sense but still can have the “pride” of being named after his dad (normal family) Carson and Kade are like third or fourth named after fathers. And they get a made up name they have to go by at least William won’t have to do that. Plus it is a lovely name imo. I can snark on a lot about these two but naming his kid William isn’t one of them. Now if he called it Lawson then I would snark and saw I think it should have been William. 

I actually think he might go by William personally, because the wedding video Carlin shared showed them being introduced as Mr. And Mrs. William Lawson Bates and Tiffany had a story where she called him "my William". The Dropbox link was also shared by William Bates. 

It is similar to Nathan, in that there have been stories and such where the family calls him "Kenny", such as his wedding day. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I actually think he might go by William personally, because the wedding video Carlin shared showed them being introduced as Mr. And Mrs. William Lawson Bates and Tiffany had a story where she called him "my William". The Dropbox link was also shared by William Bates. 

It is similar to Nathan, in that there have been stories and such where the family calls him "Kenny", such as his wedding day. 

That must be so confusing to newcomers. In a family of 19 kids, you might want to skip the nicknames. Many people have nicknames amongst my cousins and it was so hard for my husband to figure out who was who! 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That must be so confusing to newcomers. In a family of 19 kids, you might want to skip the nicknames. Many people have nicknames amongst my cousins and it was so hard for my husband to figure out who was who! 

My BIL had a nickname only used by family. When we first started dating, my husband had only referred to his brother by his given name and the first time someone used the nickname I was so confused. 

My dad's family a lot of the sons are named after their father and go by their middle name but then in adulthood switch back to their first name and it defintirly gets confusing.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

On another note: I think I saw the groomsmen in some of the family's Insta stories and they simply had a white shirt wore slightly open comined with black pants. In itself it's a plain and normal look, but OH MY GOD! The Bates boys (I think Trace and Nathan) looked super douchey and smug. Maybe it's just their personality coming through, but something about the look makes me thing of mega-douchebags

The sunglasses don’t help either, I get that you are on a boat in sunny California but at least take them off for the official ceremony part. If the bridesmaids can do without, so can you.

And if they added the slit and the bow, how basic was the dress she pulled to begin with? 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

On another note: I think I saw the groomsmen in some of the family's Insta stories and they simply had a white shirt wore slightly open comined with black pants. In itself it's a plain and normal look, but OH MY GOD! The Bates boys (I think Trace and Nathan) looked super douchey and smug. Maybe it's just their personality coming through, but something about the look makes me thing of mega-douchebags.

I had the same thought. I think Isiah was only the Bates Boys not giving off major douche vibes (maybe because he is still young?) I think the others all have high opinions of themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I love that she added the slit in the dress to show off her legs. That's a good move, imo, but it certainly isn't "showing off your countenance."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

And if they added the slit and the bow, how basic was the dress she pulled to begin with? 

I laughed because she said she loved the dress, then proceeds to details all the changes she had to make to it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I have nickname that I go by publicly and then my birth name that my family and longtime friends refer to me as. It's not especially confusing. For S/Os that come in I just clarify that either is fine, as is "hey you."

With both Nathan and Lawson, they've been introduced that way for so long, I'm guessing they go by both names privately and being referred to as either is fine with them.

Tiffany referring to Lawson as William that way is no doubt partly just her being overdramatic/fangirling. Taylor Swift did that with Calvin Harris, constantly referring to him as "Adam" and being all over-the-top with it. Unlike Tiff, Taylor dodged that bullet.

• Upvote 1

I've seen Lawson look happier in pics by himself. Maybe it was nerves or he didn't feel well. Weddings can be stressful but I was expecting him to look more ecstatic. 

• Upvote 3

I like the dress, including the bow. It seems like a strange combo when described, but it suits her. She’s SUCH an itty bitty young woman that finding something that is elegant without being overwhelming would be tough. I think a mermaid would maybe have needed a little more curves, . Lauren looked great in hers and she’s also very slender, but not quite as extreme. Not my favorite, but it’s nice.
I haven’t seen any bridesmaid pics. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4

Well Tiffany’s acting skills will come in useful, judging by most of the photos she will soon be playing the very challenging role of appearing happily married to a vain moocher.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3

Btw... I know not everyone communicates with family members via instagram, but does anyone else find it odd that so far there's been crickets from Tiffany's brother regarding the wedding? He literally posted pictures from a friend's wedding yesterday, but not even the slightest acknowledgment of his sister's nuptials...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic