IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That twirl and bow was very choreographed. 

The entire event is 100% choreographed.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I love that she added the slit in the dress to show off her legs. That's a good move, imo, but it certainly isn't "showing off your countenance."

YUP!!

Mrs Tiffany ‘my countenance is up here’ Bates

I don’t follow the Bates as much as the Duggars, but seeing all that leg in photos had me shocked. I mean, good for her for wearing what she wants, but it’s unusual for a fundie wedding.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Btw... I know not everyone communicates with family members via instagram, but does anyone else find it odd that so far there's been crickets from Tiffany's brother regarding the wedding? He literally posted pictures from a friend's wedding yesterday, but not even the slightest acknowledgment of his sister's nuptials...

Considering there were pictures of him looking happy at the wedding, I’m guessing it’s more likely that he also got the family memo on not posting about the wedding until after the People exclusive came out and (unlike Trace) remembered/cared enough to follow directions. By the time the posting ban was lifted, he was probably off to the next wedding and event in his life and not interested in retroactively posting about something (Carlin, Josie, etc).

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Btw... I know not everyone communicates with family members via instagram, but does anyone else find it odd that so far there's been crickets from Tiffany's brother regarding the wedding? He literally posted pictures from a friend's wedding yesterday, but not even the slightest acknowledgment of his sister's nuptials...

I didn't see him in any available social media snippets from the guests too. A bit odd if he didn't attend his sister's wedding considering unlike Alyssa, he lives in Cali and she'll permanently move from there after the wedding. Then again, we don't know how close they are IRL. 2 of my half siblings didn't come to my wedding, and honestly I couldn't care less because we're not close at all. Perhaps it's the same for them. 

• Upvote 2

From the social media I’ve seen from Tiffany and her brother, they are very close and they are not private about their feelings of love for family. I could see him wanting to maintain a little distance from being associated with the fundie crowd though. He did go to Tennessee for the bridal shower and had a photo or a video of Carson in his stories at the time without any explanation, just a cute kid.

Edited by JDuggs
Typo
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

From the social media I’ve seen from Tiffany and her brother, they are very close and they are not private about their feelings of love for family. I could see him wanting to maintain a little distance from be associated with fundie crowd though. He did go to Tennessee for the bridal shower and had a photo or a video of Carson in his stories at the time without any explanation, just a cute kid.

This was my thought. The Bates have a horrible reputation for those that are aware of them, but don't share their beliefs. It's a fine line between supporting his sister and making sure that he won't lose opportunities for associating with/promoting the Bates.

We've seen it plenty that the Duggars or Bates do some sort of partnership with a company that "doesn't know" who they are, the Snarkers (rightfully) wage a campaign calling out that company, and then the company ends the partnership.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, ToriAmos said:

DO we know which Duggars were at the wedding? Or are the Bates distancing themselves?

The ones pictured so far were Jim Bob, Jason, James, Jana, Joy, John David, Abbie, and Gracie

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

The ones pictured so far were Jim Bob, Jason, James, Jana, Joy, John David, Abbie, and Gracie

Thanks. What about Michelle? Someone back a few pages said they were surprised she was there. And any sign of the younger girls? Maybe Michelle stayed back with them. I wonder why John-David, of all the married sibs. I guess they are similar age.

6 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Thanks. What about Michelle? Someone back a few pages said they were surprised she was there. And any sign of the younger girls? Maybe Michelle stayed back with them. I wonder why John-David, of all the married sibs. I guess they are similar age.

Ellie and Johannah have been shown to be friends, I remember them posing with their tongues out at big sandy a while back... Maybe she went?

13 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Havent seen Michelle.  I assume John David was there, Abbie and Gracie were both pictured.  I believe John David and Lawson do the Medic Corps together. I don't think the younger girls went.  Carver Bowers posted some pics with them a few days ago from a concert 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

I wonder why John-David, of all the married sibs. I guess they are similar age.

Lawson and John David are both involved in MediCorps.

Cross posted with @Nashville92

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, arareyeah said:

I didn't see him in any available social media snippets from the guests too. A bit odd if he didn't attend his sister's wedding considering unlike Alyssa, he lives in Cali and she'll permanently move from there after the wedding. Then again, we don't know how close they are IRL. 2 of my half siblings didn't come to my wedding, and honestly I couldn't care less because we're not close at all. Perhaps it's the same for them. 

He was listed in the wedding program as an usher.

He and Tiffany seem pretty close, based on her social media. She comments on all of his posts and he's attended all of the birthday parties and showers she's posted about. She visited him when he was in the hospital with covid (when she wrote her now-deleted post on Instagram about how even though she had family members with covid, it wasn't a big enough deal to merit government shutdowns).

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I see. I guess while he loves his sister, perhaps distancing himself from the Bates brand is the wise choice. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, arareyeah said:

He was not only there, he acted as an Usher. 

10 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Jer and Hannah were there as well. Hannah posted pics. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Actually, it's entirely on brand for a fundie that they use a friend as their barber. That guy is Jonas, friends with Trace and Josie from Crown - his wife was one of Josie's bridesmaids and does cosmetology, and I expect he'll be standing with Trace in October. It's def no surprise that Lawson the vainest of vain Bates boys mooched a friend that would fit his aesthetic, though, haha xD. 

My favorite Bates dress so far, but my own dress was sleek minimalist crepe lol so that's my bias. Detachable components are a big trend in wedding dresses, especially of different materials to further elongate the train.... the whole giant-floofy-thing-attached-to-the-butt is not my favorite, but does make Tiff's look more interesting and suits the bubbly-princess aspect of her personality. I think it's fucking hilarious that People described it as a "organza princess puff bow" or whatever 🤣

I figured he was a genuine friend, I just thought it was funny that the only non-family member Lawson included is the friend who is also his barber. 

But Jonas is obviously a very, very good friend because he was a groomsman in a wedding in SC on Saturday. So two weddings in two states in three days.

I want all y'all to know that I'm still overwrought that Lawson's horse was not involved in the ceremony. We don't even know if the horse will get to move to Nashville.

image.png.2e48687baef618894daacd3413c548a7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 36
  • I Agree 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:35 PM, formergothardite said:

It makes me so angry that Lawson who laughed when he heard his brother make a racist joke treating George Floyd as an animal, still gets People magazine articles. I wish nasty people really did get their comeuppance. Instead they get their wedding in a popular magazine. 

Yes. Fucking hateful, ignorant, self-satisfied Christian bullies.

• Upvote 15

8 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@HereticHick could that picture of Lawson be any more douchetastic?

Add visible guns, a flag, remove the shirt.. Endless possibilities. 

There's always more ways to douche when it cones to the bates boys

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Add visible guns, a flag, remove the shirt.. Endless possibilities. 

There's always more ways to douche when it cones to the bates boys

Someone needs to find and bump that Lawson and Trace gun pic. 

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

It's the gift nobody asked for that keeps on giving.

Just like Herpes 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:45 PM, ToriAmos said:

DO we know which Duggars were at the wedding? Or are the Bates distancing themselves?

JER and Hannah were there, which makes sense because Lawson was at their wedding. Not sure where Tiffany was. If Katey hadn't just gave birth the week before, I am sure Katey and Jed would have gone. I think their wedding may have been the first function within the cult that Lawson took Tiffany to last year. I believe Lawson went to Justin and Claire's wedding as well but I don't think he was ready to take her to something like that yet. Tiffany had just met Lawson's family on that ski in CO a couple of weeks before so I am sure he thought it was too soon to take her to a cult wedding. He waited to Jed & Katey's in April.

As far as Michelle is concerned, I think maybe someone was about to give birth and she didn't want to chance missing it. Kendra is my bet. I don't believe she stayed home to take care of the kids. I think if that were the case, they would have made Jana stay and Michelle would have went.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2

On 5/17/2022 at 2:51 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I figured he was a genuine friend, I just thought it was funny that the only non-family member Lawson included is the friend who is also his barber. 

But Jonas is obviously a very, very good friend because he was a groomsman in a wedding in SC on Saturday. So two weddings in two states in three days.

Jonas and his wife Makayla are friends with the Bates kids I think. I thought maybe his wife was just friends with Josie because I think that's where I saw a lot of likes by Makayla and saw a pic of Josie holding their baby but Jonas being in Lawson's wedding party and the pictures of him & wife with Trace & Lydia,, it's obvious that Jonas and Mackayla are friends with a few of the Bates kids. I wouldn't be surprise if Jonas is in Trace's wedding party, too.

ETA: Makayla was the one who was hot pink like Josie at the wedding.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic