IGNORED

Dillards 91: Increments of Change or Not?

samurai_sarah

59 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

They moved about 30-40 minutes away from their old house. I would guess it’s about 100% likely that Israel will be attending a new school.

I agree, although Arkansas appears to have a "School Choice Transfer Request" and the Dillards could submit one. Didn't Jill mention in her New House! post or video that their new house is close to schools? They are 3 to 4 blocks away from an elementary and Jr. high, and a bit further from the HS. That would be a huge draw for selecting their particular house in Siloam Springs. And as a bonus, they are extremely close to a walking/jogging sidewalk and both Derick and Jill like to get out and move.

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, sixcatatty said:

I did a bit of research and found out that district attorneys/ADAs are state employees eligible for pensions. As far as salary, the statute I saw went back to 2003. Salaries.com says 47k-64K for ADAs. 

Thanks for the infor!

So I‘m guessing he won’t have to take the Oklahoma bar exam? Does he need to apply for something to practice law there or is there automatic reciprocity with Arkansas?

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

So I‘m guessing he won’t have to take the Oklahoma bar exam? Does he need to apply for something to practice law there or is there automatic reciprocity with Arkansas?

Looks like Arkansas does.
https://www.okbbe.com/FAQ/default.aspx#:~:text=At present Oklahoma has reciprocity,%2C Maryland%2C Massachusetts%2C Michigan%2C

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

13 hours ago, Bobology said:

I agree, although Arkansas appears to have a "School Choice Transfer Request" and the Dillards could submit one. Didn't Jill mention in her New House! post or video that their new house is close to schools? They are 3 to 4 blocks away from an elementary and Jr. high, and a bit further from the HS. That would be a huge draw for selecting their particular house in Siloam Springs. And as a bonus, they are extremely close to a walking/jogging sidewalk and both Derick and Jill like to get out and move.

Yes, but school choice paperwork is due by May 1st at the receiving school each school year, so they may have missed the deadline for the upcoming school year.

Edited by ARmomma
Forgot to type my answer 😛
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Their new house is a 15 minute walk (5 minute bike ride) from an elementary school. I can't picture Jill driving over an hour round trip, with a newborn, to drop off/pick up her kids from their school in Lowell when their neighborhood school is so much closer.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

Their new house is a 15 minute walk (5 minute bike ride) from an elementary school. I can't picture Jill driving over an hour round trip, with a newborn, to drop off/pick up her kids from their school in Lowell when their neighborhood school is so much closer.

Yea, it would make zero sense to do a school district transfer to add an hour + round trip school drop off commute to her daily schedule. Plus making their whole foreseeable future school life based on complicated play dates, friendships,  extra-curricular activities,  etc in a community not only half an hour away- but in the opposite direction of Derek’s work.  Way too complicated and added stress. Especially as only one kid is in school, and he’s only just finished 1st grade. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Yea, it would make zero sense to do a school district transfer to add an hour + round trip school drop off commute to her daily schedule. Plus making their whole foreseeable future school life based on complicated play dates, friendships,  extra-curricular activities,  etc in a community not only half an hour away- but in the opposite direction of Derek’s work.  Way too complicated and added stress. Especially as only one kid is in school, and he’s only just finished 1st grade. 

Sam starts Kinder in the fall, so it would be two kids.  But I agree, the boys are likely going to be at the school near their new house.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Sam starts Kinder in the fall, so it would be two kids.  But I agree, the boys are likely going to be at the school near their new house.

I think she meant she only had 1 kid that attended the other school, so switching would only affect Izzie, so they might as well move him now.

• Upvote 3

And to be clear, there is no school choice paperwork needed if you move into a new district. He will be automatically accepted into the new school.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Stilwell OK is tiny (4k population) with very little to do. I would absolutely rather live in Siloam Springs (17k population). 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Stilwell OK is tiny (4k population) with very little to do. I would absolutely rather live in Siloam Springs (17k population). 

I guess it would also make sense for Derick to maintain some physical distance between him (along with his family) and the people he is prosecuting by not living in the same community/county. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 6/9/2022 at 3:50 PM, JDuggs said:

I guess it would also make sense for Derick to maintain some physical distance between him (along with his family) and the people he is prosecuting by not living in the same community/county. 

I read this as “persecuting” and laughed harder than I should have 😂

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jill posted some baby shower photos on FB. MIL Cathy, SIL Deena, Aunt Deanna and Cousin Amy were the hosts.  The pictures were mostly of Jill and the shower treats/snacks and except for Amy, no other people were in them.    

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

On 6/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

Jill posted some baby shower photos on FB. MIL Cathy, SIL Deena, Aunt Deanna and Cousin Amy were the hosts.  The pictures were mostly of Jill and the shower treats/snacks and except for Amy, no other people were in them.    

That was very nice. For those who were there. Either her sisters on the Duggar side weren't there, or were there secretly and it was agreed that they wouldn't be in photos or publicly mentioned. I'm sure whichever siblings Jill still sees, they may have made a no-social-media deal. Especially Josiah and Lauren.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I wonder if Jill had the baby yet.

I doubt it. She usually goes longer, and her baby isn't due until the 23rd.

• Upvote 2

I wish her well and I still hold hope for Jill’s future, that it is one of continuing growth and change. She has taken small steps already and I hope she keeps going.

• Upvote 6

I’m still hoping she is having a planned c section at 37/38 weeks 

I dunno after a bombed vaginal and a bombed vbac book yourself in for a less exhausting c section. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

18 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I doubt it. She usually goes longer, and her baby isn't due until the 23rd.

How do you know her due date? She never announced anything more than just July 

Being 9 months pregnant in July heat and humidity? I do not envy her. I, too, hope they are opting for a planned csection.

• I Agree 2

19 hours ago, adidas said:

I wish her well and I still hold hope for Jill’s future, that it is one of continuing growth and change. She has taken small steps already and I hope she keeps going.

I look at Jill and the strides she's making out of hard core fundie world, and I think of my stepdaughters who were raised (brainwashed) hard core JW. One was out by 21 even though mentally she was still hanging on to some of it, mixed with hard core Baptist (her husband). Now, 15 years later, she's pro-choice. The other one has gone even further. She married at 19, to a young JW boy (she was all in then). Turns out he was an abusive, controlling shit. She filed for divorce on her own, moved across the state, alone. She now works for the department of corrections, helping the previously incarcerated to get their feet back under them. She's VERY liberal now. Both of them have college degrees (remember, JWs are opposed to any further education after high school). Jill will keep changing, keep learning and keep growing. She's about 6 years behind my girls. She'll get there. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 6

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

How do you know her due date? She never announced anything more than just July 

The baby registry says 23rd July. If so then a scheduled c-section will probably be done this week, if not already and they're waiting to announce with an exclusive magazine deal.

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/294MZRVXENA4U?ref=br_search_v2_desktop_res_7

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic