IGNORED

Webster4Eva 11: They don't know it's not vitally important to teach a 5 year old how to choose a man

HerNameIsBuffy

13 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Probably more. Even if we leave Michal out, they ‘only’ 5,5 each on average to make it to 100. Most of them are well on their way.

That is true. They will likely make it to 100.

The Bates girls do seem to be running into severe health problems that could/should limit their fertility. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alyssa just posted (on July 4th) a straight-up ad in her Instagram reels. 30 seconds of her unboxing some energy drink and energy bars in her perfect, spotless fridge and kitchen, while "Made in America" plays over the top. She's wearing a flag-themed tshirt. Finish with her waving an American flag along with the drink, in case the point hasn't been made already.

No ad/promoted/sponsored note anywhere on it, of course, but it has to be a paid promo.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 4

I’m guessing some of the Bates kids will have 0-3 kids only. My stepparent came from a family of 7 kids and none of those 7 had anywhere close to that number of kids. Most had one or two only. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing some of the Bates kids will have 0-3 kids only. My stepparent came from a family of 7 kids and none of those 7 had anywhere close to that number of kids. Most had one or two only. 

My mom is one of 8. The ones who had kids had between 1-4 kids each, while 3 of the siblings had none. My cousins and I all have 0-3 kids. 

My grandfather was also one of 8 and the most any of his siblings had was 5, and again, 3 of the siblings never had kids. 

My guess is that most people from huge families don't want huge families becssue they know what it is like to not have enough food or attention or even alone time. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
Grammar
  • Upvote 12

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My mom is the youngest of seven and the most of their kids were three and the lowest was 0

• Upvote 3

My father was one of 14.  2 have 3 kids. 6 have 2. 1 has 1. 5 have 0.  I’ve always found that so interesting. 

• Upvote 8

I think I wrote it before. I know a family of 7 kids who only had 1 grandkid. They were relatively well-off, but children resented the lack of attention. Anyway, it's shocking that only 1 of 7 siblings had a baby.

• Upvote 6

I think it’s healthier to have zero kids at 25 than it is to have 1 every year. The Smiths and  J/ Kendra Duggars are unhealthy with their levels of procreation. Get a hobby or a job. Spend sometime getting to know your already born children-

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is a very common trend in the second generation of large families. The kids see/feel the downside of a big family and have no desire to repeat it.

1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

My father was one of 14.  2 have 3 kids. 6 have 2. 1 has 1. 5 have 0.  I’ve always found that so interesting. 

I think it takes a very unique belief system to have a big family--often a religious one, but not always. Like the Duggars. They were really traumatized by their belief they caused an abortion and it led them to try to "make up" for it, imo. It's like thinking you accidentally murdered someone, I suppose.

So you need something driving you, like they had. In addition, you need extremely good health, amazing fertility (both male and female), youth (you can't start this at 40) and good luck (a child with severe medical problems might cause some parents to stop the babytrain)

Very few families are going to have all these things. So even if the second generation just loved having 18 brothers and sisters, they may not have the other things needed to grow a Duggar-size family.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4

On 6/25/2022 at 7:33 AM, CarrotCake said:

Probably more. Even if we leave Michal out, they ‘only’ 5,5 each on average to make it to 100. Most of them are well on their way.

I know JB Duggar is said to be "obsessed" with having a lot of grandchildren. I was adding it up in my head today. The Duggars may make 100, but I don't think they'll go much over that. LOL, I heard JB had hoped for 400 at one point. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the same but for the Bates 5-6 kids will be 'small'

So I assume most of them will end up with a 'small' family in their own views. Maybe some will end up with 0-3 but there will also be 1 or 2 that end up with many (Tori for instance) to balance it out. I think around 5 on average is quite realistic.

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think I wrote it before. I know a family of 7 kids who only had 1 grandkid. They were relatively well-off, but children resented the lack of attention. Anyway, it's shocking that only 1 of 7 siblings had a baby.

That is very strange indeed, it does say something about the feeling the kids had about their childhood.

I would expect most families to have at least the same number of kids and grandkids, average of at least 1 per kid seems a safe assumption. 

• Upvote 5

My mom was third of 9 kids. None of them had that many; 2 had 1 (my mom included), 1 had 3, one had 5 (by different women, and that last two were a surprise, so he'd only wanted 3), and the rest had 2.

My mom, I know, would have had several more, but circumstances and fertility problems meant it didn't happen. The rest just didn't want very many because they saw the problems of being in a big family while growing up. 

ETA: of my cousins who have had kids, so farmost of us had between 1-3 each: 2 have 3 kids, 4 have just 1 kid, and 3 of us have 2 kids. One of my cousins who has 1 I can see maybe having one more, but she and her husband might just be done.

Now, one of my cousins is pregnant with her 10th child. She's not quiverful - this is the 5th father - she's just selfish. 

Edited by anjulibai

10 kids by 5 different men sounds so stressful and like drama. I am so low key I couldn’t handle a life like that. Just imagine planning Christmas and visitation. No way. 

• Upvote 8

On 7/6/2022 at 4:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

10 kids by 5 different men sounds so stressful and like drama. I am so low key I couldn’t handle a life like that. Just imagine planning Christmas and visitation. No way. 

Assuming all kids live with the mother, kid #1 has probably lived with 4 stepfathers. Must be very hard for a kid.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

It will be interesting to see how long till the Duggars past the Kellers in terms of grandchildren. Officially they have 24 and 25 cooking but if Joy's pregnant while Kendra and Lauren really have had babies recently, they could be at 28 soon while the Kellers have 32, 33, and 34 on the way.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2022 at 2:31 AM, Jackie3 said:

I know JB Duggar is said to be "obsessed" with having a lot of grandchildren. I was adding it up in my head today. The Duggars may make 100, but I don't think they'll go much over that. LOL, I heard JB had hoped for 400 at one point. 

The number Jim Bob said was 200 not 400. 19 x 19 = 361 Their kids would have to have more kids than JB and Michelle. They said 200 grandkids on television over and over. They may get there and they probably have great-grandchildren to increase the number of descendants. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The number Jim Bob said was 200 not 400. 19 x 19 = 361 Their kids would have to have more kids than JB and Michelle. They said 200 grandkids on television over and over. They may get there and they probably have great-grandchildren to increase the number of descendants. 

200 would make more sense and is certainly more realistic. Yet 400 sticks in my mind somehow. Maybe it was referring to the following generation? (when JB and Michelle were great-grandparents)

Not sure if even 200 is very likely or even possible, at this point. Jana would be unlikely to have 10, even if she hustled. Anna's baby factory is temporarily shut. Jill, John, and Jinger seem like small-family types. (I don't follow them closely enough to know if they've made any statements about this). Some of the younger girls might not even marry at all (this is a hunch on my part). I'm happy JB and M will be disappointed in their goal of spreading their genes around as widely as possible.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

On 7/5/2022 at 10:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

From what I understand, yeah, lots of drama. Two of the kids have disappeared with their dad, three of the kids had a step-mom that was cruel and now don't talk with their dad, and I'm not what's going on with the youngest three's dad. He was a nice guy, actually. 

11 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Assuming all kids live with the mother, kid #1 has probably lived with 4 stepfathers. Must be very hard for a kid.

Eldest was taken from her as a baby and given to his paternal grandparents. They didn't have contact until he was a teenager. He's 21 now, and has a kid of his own. It's weird having a cousin younger than I am that has a grandchild. 

• Upvote 6

Someone said before the Bates girls may get halted by health issues...

Let's see...

Zach married Whitney (they had a scare with Jadon almost dying after birth but I doubt that will halt them.)

Michael so far has no children, fertility issues. 

Erin has 5. And she has had several miscarriages and they thought they were done after 4 because of them having to take her ovaries because of blood clots from Covid. But then she had Finley so I think they'll just keep going. 

Alyssa has 4.  She had been saying she was stopping. Has a heart issue they corrected. But, lately she's been hedging that on IG. 

Tori shows no sign of stopping. Popping them out all the time. Number 4 now. 

Josie had serious complications with Hazel but as that all turned out fine, she will probably keep going despite the risks to the baby with whatever this condition is that she has. 

Esther is having #1

Tiffani isn't pregnant yet but acting like she wants to be on IG. 

Carlin has some still not defined health issue going on.  But I imagine if they can keep going they will. 

Katie isn't pregnant yet.  

I see no signs of any of them backing off at all. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I see no signs of any of them backing off at all. 

No signs of any of them backing off at all? Take another look. . .

Alyssa, Erin and Carlin have very serious health issues, serious enough to require hospitalizations and operations. Erin has only a smidgen of an ovary left, had to see a fertility doctor and doesn't have a lot of money for assisted reproductive help.

Katie will be married a year this winter, and no pregnancy. Tiffany also hasn't announced a pregnancy. This could mean these couples are preventing or possibly have fertility issues.  

Josie and Whitney had serious birth complications, which at the very least is scary and would cool anyone's heels. Especially for Kelton.

One couple is infertile. They may adopt, I suppose, but you are referring to fertility. Besides, they haven't mentioned adoption seriously.

There are LOTS of signs that the Bates fertility train is slowing a bit. Not stopping, by any means, but slowing.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Eyeroll 1

Erin having Finley could possibly be a result of early menopause (which she said she has been diagnosed with) and her body doing an egg dump. Alyssa and Carlin have both admitted/alluded to using birth control in the past. Carlin recently said she would be waiting sometime to have number 3. Kelton and Josie have said they will have #3 and then re-assess. Could they be lying? Sure. But it is also the health problems are likely to keep happening/getting worse as they have more. Only Tori seems to have no issues pumping out children and right now is on track for the largest family. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Tiffany also hasn't announced a pregnancy. This could mean these couples are preventing or possibly have fertility issues.  

Tiff was hinting at having baby fever on her instagram just the other day.

• I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, llucie said:

That's great. But liking babies, even wanting babies, is different from birthing them.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, llucie said:

I think she is already bored with the reality of her life now.  She posts inane things on her Instagram account.  The other day she had a post asking viewers if the pillow you sleep on actually counts as one of the pillows in the pillow arrangement on one's bed. 🙄 Another day she was talking about organizing her fridge (nothing wrong with organizing one's fridge) and made a comment that it gives her something to do.  Her pre-married life or even her pre-Lawson life must have been so much more exciting.  Does anyone know if she has given up her acting "career" for good?

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 8

I've made lots of comments on posts about my friends/relatives babies about having baby fever, but DH and I have decided not to have a third. Comments on social media don't necessarily mean anything. 

I suspect that Alyssa and Josie will want a boy, and will stop after having one. I don't think either wants a ton of kids, but they have a culture focused on males, so having one is sort of "a must". 

Carlin and Evan I can see having a few more, but it will be some time from now due to her health issues. I don't think they want a lot of kids, and probably like just having a small family. 

Whitney and Zach I think will have as many as they can, but I don't think they'll end up with more than 10. Whitney is fertile but not that fertile, and I think that fertility will decline with age. 

If Erin can have another baby, she will. And she will call it a miracle and pray for another boy. But who knows what will happen. 

Katie and Travis will have at least 3. I think if they have all girls at first they will go for a boy, but if they have a boy among their 3, they will stop. 

Nathan and Esther will have as many as they can, as will Tori and Bobby, but Tori will have way more than Esther. 

No idea about Trace and Lydia, but I suspect no more than 10, probably around 6-8.

Lawson and Tiffany will have 2 or 3, and be done. Either because Tiffany divorces Lawson, or because Lawson doesn't like having a bunch of kids. I don't think they will have their first for at least a year, maybe 2. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic