IGNORED

Bates 30: Season 11 in the Can and Cancelled. What's UP with that?

HerNameIsBuffy

21 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Sorry to be harsh, but US fundamental redneck gun crazy kids proselytizing people in a war are the last thing we need here in Europe. are something no one needs anywhere.

🙂 I doubt they'll be going there anyway. Highly doubt. I don't know how many other nutballs that group has, though.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I noticed they didn't say they were going to Ukraine. "Dispatched to support the Ukraine crisis" could easily mean they're just going to hand out bottles of water and proselytize to Ukrainian refugees (in the US or elsewhere). 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

So now that Trace is engaged, that leaves Jackson, Isaiah and Warden over 18 with Addallee right behind them at 16 (Josie's age when she started with Kelton.)  Who do we predict is next in the Bates marraige train? 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So now that Trace is engaged, that leaves Jackson, Isaiah and Warden over 18 with Addallee right behind them at 16 (Josie's age when she started with Kelton.)  Who do we predict is next in the Bates marraige train? 

Isaiah is 17. He'll be 18 in October. 

The Bates boys tend to marry older than the girls. So I think Addallee could still be next. If she marries at 19-20, then Jackson will be 23-24. None of the boys have married before 25 (well Zach was two weeks away from 25). So I think we could see Addallee and even Ellie married before Jackson, Warden, Isaiah.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

The problem with the three young men is that other than the occasional work with Chad (does Isaiah work for him too?), they do not appear capable of supporting a wife, let alone a family. Unless they do as Lawson and Trace, find a woman with her own money to glom to. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Guanabana said:

The problem with the three young men is that other than the occasional work with Chad (does Isaiah work for him too?), they do not appear capable of supporting a wife, let alone a family. Unless they do as Lawson and Trace, find a woman with her own money to glom to. 

They are still young. With the show being cancelled they might still have time to learn a trade

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Guanabana said:

I thought when Jackson(?) went to visit Katie and Travis in New Jersey he was on a "business" trip with his boss. I remember discussion about it but I don't remember if there was consensus on who the guy was or what the business is. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, OHFL2009 said:

I thought when Jackson(?) went to visit Katie and Travis in New Jersey he was on a "business" trip with his boss. I remember discussion about it but I don't remember if there was consensus on who the guy was or what the business is. 

Yeah Jackson has been seen working with Paine Construction, similar work helping Alyssa when they moved to their new house, was on "business" when he visited Travistie in NJ, and recently Jason Duggar tagged him at his contracting co's construction site. Lots of similar building/remodeling work, different places, I'd guess. Still holding out hope he goes into the marines, just so that he doesn't become the next Bates boy clone....

I think after the Traclydia wedding (Bates #4 in possibly a 12-month time frame O.o) it'll be a couple years until the next one, I think. 

Warden seems to like getting to know young ladies a la young-Lawson, I don't see him being the first of those boys married. And no one knows anything about Isaiah, good for him! Of the little girls, I think Ellie will get married before Addee; while those 2 travel and visit siblings, Callie has been running the kitchen at home it seems :/. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/1/2022 at 9:42 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Isaiah is 17. He'll be 18 in October. 

The Bates boys tend to marry older than the girls. So I think Addallee could still be next. If she marries at 19-20, then Jackson will be 23-24. None of the boys have married before 25 (well Zach was two weeks away from 25). So I think we could see Addallee and even Ellie married before Jackson, Warden, Isaiah.

Addallee said she wasn't interested in boys in her video at Alyssa's house. She seems like a young 16. She may very well wait till she's in her mid twenties, like Michaela. Didn't she marry at 25? I'll bet Addie will wait that long, too.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Addallee said she wasn't interested in boys in her video at Alyssa's house. She seems like a young 16. She may very well wait till she's in her mid twenties, like Michaela. Didn't she marry at 25? I'll bet Addie will wait that long, too.

Michael was the oldest sister mom and she was needed to help with the babies. I doubt Kelly will let Addie stay single that long. The Bates want the girls married young.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Katie was like that pre-Trav. She was going to be single and just eat her ice cream. It was kind of refreshing but then she went gaga 😍 over him.  Her over the top obnoxiousness was so annoying. She’s toned it down a little. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

Micaela also got married (slightly) later because of Brandon.  Their courtship was very long for fundie standards and was another one of those "She was smitten and longed from afar.  He took no notice of her until X family member prodded him into taking an interest in her.  They had an interminably long courtship for reasons that don't seem to bother other fundies. But it all worked out!!  HAPPILY EVER AFTER. " 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Micaela also got married (slightly) later because of Brandon.  Their courtship was very long for fundie standards and was another one of those "She was smitten and longed from afar.  He took no notice of her until X family member prodded him into taking an interest in her.  They had an interminably long courtship for reasons that don't seem to bother other fundies. But it all worked out!!  HAPPILY EVER AFTER. " 

Yep. She recently said she had a huge crush in him since she met him right when she turned 19. She waited a long time for him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 4/10/2022 at 11:51 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Katie was like that pre-Trav. She was going to be single and just eat her ice cream. It was kind of refreshing but then she went gaga 😍 over him.  Her over the top obnoxiousness was so annoying. She’s toned it down a little. 

I know. However, (I believe) Katie and Addie are different people. 

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

23 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I know. However, (I believe) Katie and Addie are different people. 

I think so too but I also think fundie girls aren’t allowed to look desperate or boy crazy. It’s a bad look. So they all pretend like they aren’t pining for a boyfriend on social media. It’s hard to know who is pining for a boyfriend and who isn’t. Because they say the same things.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think so too but I also think fundie girls aren’t allowed to look desperate or boy crazy. It’s a bad look. So they all pretend like they aren’t pining for a boyfriend on social media. It’s hard to know who is pining for a boyfriend and who isn’t. Because they say the same things.

I agree they aren't supposed to look boy crazy.

However, that doesn't mean that 100% of them are interested  but hiding it. Chances are that some are ready for a boyfriend and some aren't. We can't know which Addie is. However, from watching her visit Alyssa, she seems like a young 16 and I can certainly believe she is not in a rush.

Honestly, it seems like FJ is more anxious for Addie to start courting than she is herself. Personally, I'm happy if one of the girls wants to wait to the advanced age of, say, 23, to date.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4

On 4/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, Jackie3 said:

Honestly, it seems like FJ is more anxious for Addie to start courting than she is herself. Personally, I'm happy if one of the girls wants to wait to the advanced age of, say, 23, to date.

If anyone on FJ is rooting for this or any other undereducated sheltered fundy teen to start courting, they need to find another forum.  

Just because some of us think it is LIKELY that Addie will start courting in a few years doesn't mean that we WANT it to happen, or APPROVE of it.

• Upvote 25
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

If anyone on FJ is rooting for this or any other undereducated sheltered fundy teen to start courting, they need to find another forum.  

Just because some of us think it is LIKELY that Addie will start courting in a few years doesn't mean that we WANT it to happen, or APPROVE of it.

Not everyone hates the bates on Fj, I don't hate them but I'm not a fan either. I'm just curious of who gets married to who, who's pregnant and what they name their kids. I'm not rooting for Addie to get a boyfriend right now but I will definitely be interested when she gets one.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Not everyone hates the bates on Fj, I don't hate them but I'm not a fan either. I'm just curious of who gets married to who, who's pregnant and what they name their kids. I'm not rooting for Addie to get a boyfriend right now but I will definitely be interested when she gets one.

Count me in among the curious. I am also curious to see how their approach to "courtship/dating with a purpose" evolves, or doesn't. As for hate? We aren't personally acquainted, so I have no reason for such a strong emotion. I find them dangerous and keenly dislike some of their endeavours.

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1

It will be interesting to see how they live without reality television. It has been such a part of their lives for a long time. It will also be interesting to see how long they can hide their racism and hatred before they have one too many slip ups and start losing sponsors. After the George Floyd video absolutely none of them should have any sponsors, but they still do. If the documentary focuses on their deep ties with IBLP that will also impact their futures as social media stars. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

It will be interesting to see how they live without reality television. It has been such a part of their lives for a long time. It will also be interesting to see how long they can hide their racism and hatred before they have one too many slip ups and start losing sponsors. After the George Floyd video absolutely none of them should have any sponsors, but they still do. If the documentary focuses on their deep ties with IBLP that will also impact their futures as social media stars. 

Unfortunately, I think they'll find sponsors. Sarah Palin did...

• Upvote 6

Nathan and Esther have footage of them doing a helicopter candy drop and then they are on Jason Duggar’s Instagram landing the helicopter at the Duggar compound, so they have funds to run an expensive mode of transportation. Unless this was urgent Mediccorps business, of course.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

I suspect now that they don’t need the children around for the show, both the Bates and Duggar families will marry off the younger children quickly.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

I have to admit I can see why people would think this site supports young marriage. It's accepted with little ideological pushback that the young women will be married right away. I don't see a lot of posts talking about how what Gil and Kelly are doing to their daughters is unfair, hurtful, and dangerous. It's not like the Maxwells where thread after thread detests how Steve and Teri treat their daughters.  Gil and Kelly are seen as better parents to their daughters, despite the fact both families have limited their daughters' life choices and are proud of that. 

Young marriage comes with all kinds of risks- incompatibility, growing apart, not enough time to grow up, not a lot of time to figure yourself out, lots of pregnancies, etc. In the Bates case, half of their daughters (so far) have the clotting disorder that leads to complications, and increased health risks. 

I've seen people suggest older "fundie women" have smaller chances of getting married despite many older fundie women getting married, for example, Esther Staddon, Sarah Mally, Grace Mally, Andrea Reims, Abbie Burnett, Chelsy Bontrager, etc. 

I know people see it as inevitable that the younger girls will be married off fast, and they're probably right. But that doesn't mean we can't offer pushback that marrying off young people before they have chance to figure out what they want in life is wrong.  We can snark on Kelly pushing her young girls into marriage, rather than getting excited about the next Bates daughter to court!

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic