IGNORED

Bates 30: Season 11 in the Can and Cancelled. What's UP with that?

HerNameIsBuffy

So who's getting married after Trace?  They all seem very young to me after Trace.  Possible with the show gone it may slow down? 

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So who's getting married after Trace?  They all seem very young to me after Trace.  Possible with the show gone it may slow down? 

I figured after Trace, there would be a large chunk of time with no wedding. At least an entire year or more. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think it has to be either Jackson or Warden. Jackson is a bit of a wildcard since he seems to be doing his own thing. We dont even know where he lives now but not at home. I wouldnt be surprised if he already had a normal girlfriend.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, llucie said:

I think it has to be either Jackson or Warden. Jackson is a bit of a wildcard since he seems to be doing his own thing. We dont even know where he lives now but not at home. I wouldnt be surprised if he already had a normal girlfriend.

Jackson seems to be based in Arkansas and there have been rumors that he might be courting/interested in Hannie Duggar.

Warden has made a lot of visits to Alyssa in Florida and I wouldn't be surprised if he is talking to some girl out there.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Jackson seems to be based in Arkansas and there have been rumors that he might be courting/interested in Hannie Duggar.

We really dont know if he is based in Arkansas, he was seen there months ago renovating Jessa house, but he also was seen in New Jersey and Katie said he was working in the area. About his interest in Hannie, people think any boy pictured with her is interested. I also have read rumours about her and Carver Bowers.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

The Bates boys don’t date girls like the Duggars. They date fundie girls with much more freedom. He’s not going to date a girl who can’t even hold hands with him until they are engaged. No way. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

On 5/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, SassyPants said:

You know what these folks really believe in at their cores? Money, power and control. They want an audience to preach to and control, that provides money, power and an easy life style. Because we all know that God speak without true actions and behaviors that reflect that speak is cheap and easy-

This is exactly the explanation why they all worship Trump. Trump wants power, control and money, just like those fundamentalist folks. Trump wants to get rid of democracy as we know it and build an autocracy where a minority makes the rule for everyone. This is the appeal.

The fundamentalists we discuss here should be considered extremists.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Smash! said:

This is exactly the explanation why they all worship Trump. Trump wants power, control and money, just like those fundamentalist folks. Trump wants to get rid of democracy as we know it and build an autocracy where a minority makes the rule for everyone. This is the appeal.

The fundamentalists we discuss here should be considered extremists.

Great explanation & I completely agree with this. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bates boys don’t date girls like the Duggars. They date fundie girls with much more freedom. He’s not going to date a girl who can’t even hold hands with him until they are engaged. No way. 

That is a good point, the Bates boys do tend to end up with more independent fundie girls. 

So in Trace and Lydia's newest YouTube, it is mentioned that Isaiah "hates construction" and has started a mowing business. Although, apparently he does like flooring jobs and will work with Trace and Warden when they need help with those kind of jobs. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I think it’ll be the next girl. The girls seem to get married around 2021 early and the boys seem to have a little more leeway and wait.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I think it’ll be the next girl. The girls seem to get married around 2021 early and the boys seem to have a little more leeway and wait.

I think it’s just the structure of fundieland. The females are “ready” to get married the minute they turn 18 and have graduated from the dining room table. The males have to actually find a job that will pay enough to support a family immediately. Plus the males in fundieland seem to have more freedom and probably want to go play around at life for awhile before starting a huge family to financially support all on your own. 

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s just the structure of fundieland. The females are “ready” to get married the minute they turn 18 and have graduated from the dining room table. The males have to actually find a job that will pay enough to support a family immediately. Plus the males in fundieland seem to have more freedom and probably want to go play around at life for awhile before starting a huge family to financially support all on your own. 

Yep the Rodriguez family is a great example of that. Although I personally think Timothy will eventually get married I don’t think it’s gonna be for a few more years yet.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I think it will be close. Addallee seems a little shyer than most of her sisters and I could see her getting married a bit later, like Michael. 

By the time Addallee is 21 and Ellie is 20, Jackson will be 25, Warden 24 and Isiah (almost) 23 (he has the only late year birthday of that bunch) and I think there could be another run of weddings. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think it will be close. Addallee seems a little shyer than most of her sisters and I could see her getting married a bit later, like Michael. 

By the time Addallee is 21 and Ellie is 20, Jackson will be 25, Warden 24 and Isiah (almost) 23 (he has the only late year birthday of that bunch) and I think there could be another run of weddings. 

Could be that we have two Bates brides that year!

• Upvote 1

Just now, sleepygirl1 said:

Could be that we have two Bates brides that year!

How old are Addie and Ellie now? I just remembered how young Josie was (and still is) but was when she married Kelton. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BeccaGrim said:

How old are Addie and Ellie now? I just remembered how young Josie was (and still is) but was when she married Kelton. 

16 and 15.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

The Bates boys have all been 25 or older (well almost, Zach was 2 weeks away from 25) when they got married and Michael was the oldest girl to get married at 25. The average age for the boys is 27.1 and for girls it is 21.5. 

4 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Addallee is 16 and Ellie is 15. They seem to be showcasing Ellie more as Addallee seems very, very shy and reserved. 

Josie and Alyssa both married at 19, but I think they also both wanted out of the Bates house ASAP. The rest of the sisters were over 21 when they got married. 

So I think we could see a situation where Ellie, Addee and the boys all got married within 2 years. Similar to how Nathan, Lawson, Trace and Katie will all have married within less than a year. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

The younger girls don’t have as many chores as the older ones did. They of course do the cooking and cleaning. But they don’t have to deal with sister momming. They aren’t potty training all the kids like Michael did. They don’t have to help with homeschooling because Kelly has hired teachers for years. They might not be as anxious to get out of the house like the older ones. 

• Upvote 13

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The younger girls don’t have as many chores as the older ones did. They of course do the cooking and cleaning. But they don’t have to deal with sister momming. They aren’t potty training all the kids like Michael did. They don’t have to help with homeschooling because Kelly has hired teachers for years. They might not be as anxious to get out of the house like the older ones. 

Exactly. They do help with the nieces and nephews, but they also might like that (I always did) and it's not the same when it is not in the same house. They also get to travel and hang out with their older siblings, get taken out on outings and so on. I think they have far more fun than the older girls did. Even cooking and cleaning, it is only for 8 or so people (since Trace and Warden seem like they are rarely home and Jackson has moved out) and not 20+ like Alyssa had too. 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Yep the Rodriguez family is a great example of that. Although I personally think Timothy will eventually get married I don’t think it’s gonna be for a few more years yet.

To quote Mr. T, I pity the fool. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Per Kelly's stories, Jackson is still/currently in Arkansas..she and Gil flew in for Nathan and Esther's gender reveal and also got to catch up with Jackson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Sure hope it's a long time before there's another Bates wedding.  I hope they have time to consider if they REALLY want to continue this patriarchy crap and find partners who are well-suited for them to make their way into more equal marriages.  Or just stay unmarried and don't contribute anymore kids to this cultish hellscape.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Now that their show is cancelled, Kelly can post garbage thoughts like this. Fuck this shit. I’m so glad their boring show was cancelled. And I hope the IBLP documentary takes them down. 

DD37A39A-0341-4222-9548-EE3B879D7801.jpeg

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 5
  • Eyeroll 5

Putting aside the human rights violation that is forced pregnancy, does she not realize that this will not miraculously make abortions non-existent? That it will only make them harder and costlier and riskier to obtain. Criminalizing abortion has never stopped women from getting them. Eff you Kelly jo

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now that their show is cancelled, Kelly can post garbage thoughts like this. Fuck this shit. I’m so glad their boring show was cancelled. And I hope the IBLP documentary takes them down. 

DD37A39A-0341-4222-9548-EE3B879D7801.jpeg

Babies "that"?  It's babies "who", Kelly, when you're referring to human beings.  Gotcha.

• Upvote 18

• Coconut Flan locked this topic