IGNORED

Bates 30: Season 11 in the Can and Cancelled. What's UP with that?

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, Johannah said:

Putting aside the human rights violation that is forced pregnancy, does she not realize that this will not miraculously make abortions non-existent? That it will only make them harder and costlier and riskier to obtain. Criminalizing abortion has never stopped women from getting them. Eff you Kelly jo

Hurting women who don’t conform to their ideals is a plus not a minus. It is never about lower abortion rates. They will actively fight any measures that will actually lower abortion rates because that is not their real goal. It is about controlling women and punishing them. All women must live like they have decided they should live and any who don’t can just die a painful death. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Johannah said:

Putting aside the human rights violation that is forced pregnancy, does she not realize that this will not miraculously make abortions non-existent? That it will only make them harder and costlier and riskier to obtain. Criminalizing abortion has never stopped women from getting them. Eff you Kelly jo

I mentioned this on another thread but I watched “The Janes” on HBO. The documentary was about a group of women helping women obtain abortions in Chicago before Roe. They started out just helping women find a doctor that would perform an abortion and helping them get to those places. I think that’s going to be key today. There will be groups helping women find the closest place that will perform an abortion and funding their transportation. I’m thankful for the internet because it will help so much. Imagine if they had the internet back before Roe. It would have helped so many more women seeking an abortion get the care they need. 

So yes, this won’t prevent many abortions. Maybe a very small amount. But most women will still get abortions. It will just be much more difficult, stressful, expensive, and possibly riskier to their health (depending on the route they go). 

• Upvote 19

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I mentioned this on another thread but I watched “The Janes” on HBO. The documentary was about a group of women helping women obtain abortions in Chicago before Roe. They started out just helping women find a doctor that would perform an abortion and helping them get to those places. I think that’s going to be key today. There will be groups helping women find the closest place that will perform an abortion and funding their transportation. I’m thankful for the internet because it will help so much. Imagine if they had the internet back before Roe. It would have helped so many more women seeking an abortion get the care they need. 

So yes, this won’t prevent many abortions. Maybe a very small amount. But most women will still get abortions. It will just be much more difficult, stressful, expensive, and possibly riskier to their health (depending on the route they go). 

Republicans and fundies don't care about this. Women are expendable and are just the incubators for the babies. After all even though it's only a woman the baby might be a penis owner.

• Upvote 12

I‘m wondering what happens if one of their daughter is in danger of losing her life because he doesn‘t get treated properly during a miscarriage? Will that just be God‘s will?

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

So Ellie and Addee are at the beach with Carlin & Zach and their families, Kelly is in Nashville with Josie, Katie, Trace and some of the unmarried boys. No Callie in sight. Is she holding down the fort with Gil and the two younger boys?

I think she might be the Bates I feel sorriest for. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Ellie and Addee are at the beach with Carlin & Zach and their families, Kelly is in Nashville with Josie, Katie, Trace and some of the unmarried boys. No Callie in sight. Is she holding down the fort with Gil and the two younger boys?

Imagine being Ellie & Addee and swaddled in fundie swimwear while the rest of the family you’re with is in ‘normal’ swimwear.  Or like Jenny Duggar who was just in CA with all of her pants wearing sisters. I wonder if it’s weird for them to think about. 

• Upvote 17

7 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Imagine being Ellie & Addee and swaddled in fundie swimwear while the rest of the family you’re with is in ‘normal’ swimwear.  Or like Jenny Duggar who was just in CA with all of her pants wearing sisters. I wonder if it’s weird for them to think about. 

I would imagine it would make them more likely to want a husband who doesn’t care much about skirts/pants and would let his submissive wife to wear what she wants. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would imagine it would make them more likely to want a husband who doesn’t care much about skirts/pants and would let his submissive wife to wear what she wants. 

I always figured that was the point. The soon-to-be-courting girls get a taste of life outside their parents restrictions to make them want to get married early. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I feel sorry for her, too. She was such a bright little girl. There's a video of her on youtube at about five, and she's smart as a whip. She seemed so spunky and happy as a small child, but all that appears squashed out of her now.

There must be an awful lot of work in the Bates house at the moment, and only a few unmarried girls to do it. How many boys are home now? Do the boys do their own laundry, cooking and cleaning, or does that fall to the girls?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this sounds mean but not only do I have zero interest in meeting A list celebrities. But I somehow have even less interest in meeting Z list fundie celebrities. And little Caesars? I guess I’m a pizza snob. I would probably prefer Pizza Hut or Dominos over little Caesars. 

BE138C16-6CBE-4F39-9953-36E1A27B67C3.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know this sounds mean but not only do I have zero interest in meeting A list celebrities. But I somehow have even less interest in meeting Z list fundie celebrities. And little Caesars? I guess I’m a pizza snob. I would probably prefer Pizza Hut or Dominos over little Caesars. 

BE138C16-6CBE-4F39-9953-36E1A27B67C3.jpeg

What is this for? Or are they just doing one big group promo to generate sales? I would just feel so cringe showing up at something like this even if I was a fan. I mean, what are you going to say to Kelly face to face?

And I wonder if anyone in the exfundie community ever has shown up to one of these things and just been like: this is all bullshit get out while you can!

I mean, Ive gone to a few book signings for favorite authors and even then I just want to listen to their talk and - maybe - say thanks for their work. But anything else sounds excruciatingly uncomfortable! 

• Upvote 9

My last author meeting was in January 2020.  We went to another state to see Katherine Arden speak at a small bookstore.  (She is AWESOME and her trilogy is well-worth a read if you enjoy fairy tales.)  I got my picture taken with her, she signed my books, and I showed her a picture of my cat who is named after one of her characters.  She asked me to send it to her because she was so excited about that.  It was a delightful little day trip.

I would have nothing to say to the Bates at all, because they wouldn't approve of anything about me... from my appearance to my job to my sex life.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I believe Little Caesars is next door to their BSB store.

That’s too bad. I would want a better restaurant right next door. Actually no I wouldn’t. Because then I would eat there for lunch every day 😝

• Haha 2

Why the heck is Lawson just selling his merchandise instead of performing at this event? Chris, that man is lazy. Good thing his wife has some hustle in her.

• Upvote 13

54 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why the heck is Lawson just selling his merchandise instead of performing at this event? Chris, that man is lazy. Good thing his wife has some hustle in her.

I’m pretty convinced his career is more about the merch than the music. The other day he posted a video asking his “fans” what city/state should perform in next. With no knowledge of the music industry, I don’t think that’s how performances get booked. I think he’s had TWO shows in 2022. That is not a real career.

• Upvote 5

Little Caesars has $5 hot and ready's and some times when you are super busy, they are a god send. Are they my favorite pizza? Nope, but pizza is the one thing I appreciate at all levels. Sometimes you want quick and greasy (pizza is a great hangover good and Pizza Pizza is the best for that), sometimes you want homemade (actually Rachel Wissman has the best pizza dough recipe I have ever tried), sometimes you want small local place pizza with the thick cheese and tons of toppings, and sometimes you want fancy brick oven pizza. 

• Upvote 7

On 6/14/2022 at 1:32 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Jackson seems to be based in Arkansas and there have been rumors that he might be courting/interested in Hannie Duggar.

Warden has made a lot of visits to Alyssa in Florida and I wouldn't be surprised if he is talking to some girl out there.

That or he has a similar preference to Alyssa and enjoys a more quiet life (I'm referring to Alyssa having her own bedroom in her parents house before marriage and so). Or they just have a strong bond... but yeah, him getting to know someone in Florida is a possibly, too. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

That or he has a similar preference to Alyssa and enjoys a more quiet life (I'm referring to Alyssa having her own bedroom in her parents house before marriage and so). Or they just have a strong bond... but yeah, him getting to know someone in Florida is a possibly, too. 

I mean these days there are only 8 kids at home (and Ellie and Addee are often in demand somewhere), so it's not like it was when Alyssa needed space and there are 4 small children at the Webster's. Also, the boy have way more freedom than the girls ever did and Trace and Warden spent a lot of March through May in Nashville at Lawson's house, getting it ready. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4

20 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Little Caesars has $5 hot and ready's and some times when you are super busy, they are a god send. Are they my favorite pizza? Nope, but pizza is the one thing I appreciate at all levels. Sometimes you want quick and greasy (pizza is a great hangover good and Pizza Pizza is the best for that), sometimes you want homemade (actually Rachel Wissman has the best pizza dough recipe I have ever tried), sometimes you want small local place pizza with the thick cheese and tons of toppings, and sometimes you want fancy brick oven pizza. 

My favorite pizza is from a local place, but I love me some Crazy Bread. A friend of mine just posted a copy-cat recipe: https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/little-caesars-crazy-bread/?fbclid=IwAR0p6nwfGg-TW9AI62LHpbdBJuvu4oDFdFfVLbQLrIkP8fXw4lUHbXGe1tM . Although, sometimes the point of Crazy Bread is that it is fast and hot not just the taste.

• Upvote 3

On 7/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, HereticHick said:

Wonder how long Tiffany will be willing to hustle while lazy husband does this thing.

One of the reasons I noped out of an engagement was because I was working my butt off while the navel gazing ex-fiance showed no sign of getting up and contributing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

What, if anything, do we know about Emerson Wells? 

That she’s very likely a pretty and young fundie girl with much less strict relationship rules than the Bates daughters. Because that’s what all the Bates boys choose to date. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic