IGNORED

Bates 30: Season 11 in the Can and Cancelled. What's UP with that?

HerNameIsBuffy

15 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That's a pretty blah photo, not in good focus and no faces.  Nobody looking extra put together (not that anyone looks bad) so not what I'd expect if they were trying to advertise themselves for a new show/network.

This is a screenshot of Esther’s video. Lydia is taking the photo, they are all lined up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Screenshot_20220226-194418.thumb.png.69f4cb6fad0f6b6470d3ea4e4b677099.png

Screenshot_20220226-194511.thumb.png.966075f2b6560ed7bbfba3a48e7aef9a.png

Sweet family photo or shopping a new show? Also Alyssa is the only married daughter wearing jeans. 

Out of all the married daughters, only 3 wear jeans regularly. Erin, Michaela, Tori, and Katie are all still skirts only. The only ones that wear jeans are Carlin, Josie, and Alyssa. Carlin probably wanted to dress up. Plus she’s pregnant. It’s harder to wear jeans when you’re pregnant compared to a stretchy dress. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

What's with the 'original 19 kids'? it's still the same 19, nobody was added or removed

I think they just mean no spouses or grandkids. Just the 19. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

No TV show Aylssa doesn't have to wear a skirt for daddy's show. I'll never forget when Whitney posted pics in pants at an event and then the same day on the show she was in a skirt. I think it was Alyssa who answered that it was her father's show and he wanted them in skirts so they wore them. 

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

No TV show Aylssa doesn't have to wear a skirt for daddy's show. I'll never forget when Whitney posted pics in pants at an event and then the same day on the show she was in a skirt. I think it was Alyssa who answered that it was her father's show and he wanted them in skirts so they wore them. 

It just further proves “reality shows” are far from reality. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they just mean no spouses or grandkids. Just the 19. 

yeah, I guess.. would've been understandable without original too, though. 😅

I think it irritates me because I find Esthers personality to be a bit annoying, idk.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I just have to point something out that’s making me shake my head. Fundies take the Bible literally correct? Like they think the earth is 6000 years old and the Bible is perfectly written and correct. Especially the KJV. Yet when they dress up as Bible characters, there is absolutely nothing correct about it. They may as well dress up in clothing from Target because it’s just about as accurate as a dress from a department store. I know you can’t say 100% what a person in the Bible wore. But man, their ILY day outfits aren’t even close! You would think fundies would care a little more about accuracy. 

• Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just have to point something out that’s making me shake my head. Fundies take the Bible literally correct? Like they think the earth is 6000 years old and the Bible is perfectly written and correct. Especially the KJV. Yet when they dress up as Bible characters, there is absolutely nothing correct about it. They may as well dress up in clothing from Target because it’s just about as accurate as a dress from a department store. I know you can’t say 100% what a person in the Bible wore. But man, their ILY day outfits aren’t even close! You would think fundies would care a little more about accuracy. 

Erin dressed her kids as Disney princesses and called them biblical queens. I feel like they aren't even pretending accuracy at this point. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 18

35 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Erin dressed her kids as Disney princesses and called them biblical queens. I feel like they aren't even pretending accuracy at this point. 

I wonder if it makes them realize that the Bible is very heavy on men and light on women. There are many more male characters to dress up as. While it’s pretty slim Pickens with the females. Because not only are there less, but some of them are bad. Like Jezabel. 

• Upvote 3

Carlin and Evan dressed as Abraham and Sarah, with Layla as Ishmael and Carlin's bump as Isaac and I was like "uhhh have you read that story" 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 2

40 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin and Evan dressed as Abraham and Sarah, with Layla as Ishmael and Carlin's bump as Isaac and I was like "uhhh have you read that story" 

OMG RIGHT lmaoooo I saw that and was so tempted to message Carlin like - so kind of you to include Ish when he's not even yours, hope you're cool with hubby offering that toddler to die? hah.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

What? No Hagar?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

OK for those that didn't listen at Sunday school what's the lowdown? And I do know who  Hagar is. Grawp's Brother Hagrid.  

• Haha 10

9 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

OK for those that didn't listen at Sunday school what's the lowdown? And I do know who  Hagar is. Grawp's Brother Hagrid.  

It has been a long time but... Abraham and Sarah are married, no baby even though God promised, Sarah sends her maid Hagar to Abraham to have a baby, Ishmael, and then Sarah (now 90) gets pregnant with her own son and casts Hagar and Ishmael out. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It has been a long time but... Abraham and Sarah are married, no baby even though God promised, Sarah sends her maid Hagar to Abraham to have a baby, Ishmael, and then Sarah (now 90) gets pregnant with her own son and casts Hagar and Ishmael out. 

Oh a handmaidens tale and a bitch poor Hagar and Ish. 

Why would they dress like that horrible story? Like it's some great love story? Oh that's right they are from parents who named their daughter after a bible character and then only after realised they didn't like the character... so no surprises there  

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know very little about the Bible, but if I recall correctly, Hagar and the baby were sent to die in the desert. A very cruel story.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

For people who claim to love the Bible they really don’t know their Bible stories. Hagar was a slave who was basically raped by Abraham(because it is hardly like she had a choice) so Sarah could have a child. When Hagar is pregnant Sarah beats her until she finally runs away. An angel appears and tells her what to name her child and that she has to go back to Sarah. When Isaac is born Sarah tells Abraham to toss out Hagar and Ishmael because she doesn’t want Issac to have to share his inheritance. Abraham at first says no, but God tells him to toss them into the desert. They almost die but God saves them at the last minute. 

So yeah, them dressing up like that shows they have zero clue about that Bible story. These are some of the most superficial fundies. They use random verses as an excuse to oppress others, yet they don’t even have the most basic understanding of common Bible stories. 

• Upvote 24
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

For people who claim to love the Bible they really don’t know their Bible stories. Hagar was a slave who was basically raped by Abraham(because it is hardly like she had a choice) so Sarah could have a child. When Hagar is pregnant Sarah beats her until she finally runs away. An angel appears and tells her what to name her child and that she has to go back to Sarah. When Isaac is born Sarah tells Abraham to toss out Hagar and Ishmael because she doesn’t want Issac to have to share his inheritance. Abraham at first says no, but God tells him to toss them into the desert. They almost die but God saves them at the last minute. 

So yeah, them dressing up like that shows they have zero clue about that Bible story. These are some of the most superficial fundies. They use random verses as an excuse to oppress others, yet they don’t even have the most basic understanding of common Bible stories. 

You mean like the time they named Micheal “Michal” without realizing they didn’t actually like that person in the Bible? 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You mean like the time they named Micheal “Michal” without realizing they didn’t actually like that person in the Bible? 

I will never understand how they are so lazy they couldn’t even bother reading the Bible story before naming their kid after a biblical character. How is Gil a pastor? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just now, formergothardite said:

I will never understand how they are so lazy they couldn’t even bother reading the Bible story before naming their kid after a biblical character. How is Gil a pastor? 

And then after that, they didn’t name any of their girls a biblical name. I guess they learned their lesson. That many women of the bible are demonized. Or just never even named in the first place. I’m sorry if this offends any Christians, but man the Bible is so sexist. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Not to mention the fact that God promises Hagar and Ishmael that he will also make them a great nation and they are considered to be the root of Islam. Not a problem for most of us who recognize that we all worship the same God but a lot of fundies are wildly Islamophobic. I can’t remember if the Bates have posted crap about this but I remember Anna reposting an Islamophic tweet. 

• Upvote 12

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And then after that, they didn’t name any of their girls a biblical name. I guess they learned their lesson. That many women of the bible are demonized. Or just never even named in the first place. I’m sorry if this offends any Christians, but man the Bible is so sexist. 

And the strong, independent women the Bible does name are usually not mentioned by a lot of Christian churches. Joanna who left her husband at home to travel with Jesus and supported him with her own money rarely gets mentioned. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And the strong, independent women the Bible does name are usually not mentioned by a lot of Christian churches. Joanna who left her husband at home to travel with Jesus and supported him with her own money rarely gets mentioned. 

Didn’t Yael drive a tent stake through the head of an enemy? Hardly any fundies use that name! That’s the first name I would use 😂

Oh and Sarah sounds like an awful person. I think Hagar was the batter person in that story. But fundies use the name Sarah and not Hagar. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh and Sarah sounds like an awful person. I think Hagar was the batter person in that story. But fundies use the name Sarah and not Hagar. 

to be fair, most people don't pick their names out of the bible, and by sound, Sarah is a by far nicer name than Hagar. At least to me, obviously it's objective, but... :D

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic