IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Pinging?  Well.  Anna always seemed sporty to me [\Bend it Like Beckham] [\s] ;) 

Do we have an idea if Sarah moved away from the Maxwell Compound in Leavenworth? Records show her and Grandma as owners of a house in the neighborhood.  If she can keep boundaries between that house & Mumsy & Dadsy’s, I guess that’s be all right. 

Anna is giving me athletic Kristen Stewart vibes, which honestly I'm living for.

Sarah lives in an apartment and works full time for SwiftOtter as far as we know. The thought/assumption/ISB is that the brothers had a come-to-Jesus moment with Steve that they weren't willing to support their adult sisters and so the sisters either needed to be able to support themselves or allowed to find a husband.

Imagine if when made to pick between Sarah finding a husband vs. living on her own, Steve was like "LIVING ON HER OWN SOUNDS GREAT TO ME."

Hopefully she'll get out to see her sisters at ABC. Seems like it could be a nice weekend getaway.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

15 hours ago, MomJeans said:

Reading completely in between the lines from the "Weeds" Dad's Corner article a few weeks ago, Steve did not choose ABC, and is not happy about it.

Which then linked to an old Dad's Corner with this gem:

"There are certain things we just don’t do. For example, we would not even consider going to a movie theater, a professional sporting event of any kind, or amusement parks. For us, there is nothing redeeming about any of those activities, and much that is negative"  https://articles.titus2.com/lawn-care-how-is-your-lawn/

I have thought for a while now that those Dad's Corners are for his own kids.  It's like when a mother makes a facebook status about her adult child without naming names.  She hopes the kid will see it and change their little attitude.  lol  Come on, admit it, some of us have done that.  LOL

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I would be rather disgusted with the brothers if they only intervened because they perceived their sisters as future burdens.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

18 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

That said, Anna's potentially special friend also appears to be on the team, on the far left.

Alex Eichhorn?  But honestly, he's 21 years old, max. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Alex Eichhorn?  But honestly, he's 21 years old, max. 

They've been hanging out with other couples if you go through the thread.

Yeah the age gap is huge, but I feel like the odds are good that he's been exposed to more worldly things than Anna. Fundie age gaps are weird for that reason -they're so sheltered. I have no idea what they'd think of an age gap where the woman is nine years older. Personally I feel like they're on decently even footing.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, MomJeans said:

I would be rather disgusted with the brothers if they only intervened because they perceived their sisters as future burdens.  

If so, it would have been cheaper if they instead threw all their energy into finding bridegrooms for their sisters.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but Sarah now has her own Insta account (private though):

Capturefff.PNG

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 10

More happy college gals pics from public Facebook pages:

image.thumb.png.7a5ef306f7e8ab1233cbc7a448b14a4f.pngimage.thumb.png.7be0873bae4e48511dcdd49e39efdbbd.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 2

I think that at least some of the brothers probably did intervene.  It was probably a combination of realizing that M/A/S's lives were unhappy and limited and their brothers wanted more for them, and also a belief that they already had dependents to support and couldn't afford to support three sisters for the next sixty years.  Two of the brothers left the small radius of the Maxhell compound and realized that there were other good people in the world, which I'm sure impacted their perspectives.  The sisters-in-law probably influenced it as well, since they seem to have had more life experiences than the Maxwells.  

Most people would help their relatives who are in a bind, but realistically are not able to support multiple adults indefinitely.  The brothers may have used this as a selling point to Steve.  Stevie may have finally seen the handwriting on the wall and decided the girls needed further education and a place to meet eligible guys, instead of waiting for Mr. Right to just appear at the door one day.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

Look at Mary's neckline. There is no modesty panel or extra t-shirt or bad Photoshop covering up her clavicle. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Next year is senior year for Mary’s gentleman friend and I think it’s only her junior year. What will happen when he graduates without her? 

They also seem happy about this beta fish. 

91331D7D-7EC5-4064-860E-7183E833AC59.jpeg

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but Sarah now has her own Insta account (private though):

Capturefff.PNG

And nowhere in her bio does she say anything at all about the Moody books. Good for her!

• Upvote 25
  • Love 3

I cannot get over how radiantly happy Anna and Mary look in that pic.  They are glowing!  

Fuck you, Stevehovah!  :dance:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 3

On 5/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, fundiefan said:

Look at Mary's neckline. There is no modesty panel or extra t-shirt or bad Photoshop covering up her clavicle. 

Contrasting buttons! Fetch me my smelling salts.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Contrasting buttons! Fetch me my smelling salts.

Mary is never ever going back to frumpers.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

ABC posted about scholarships their students received and of course Anna and Mary are in the group pic. I would guess just about every current student was in that pic. Which is good. College is expensive and just about anyone could use a scholarship big or small.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5

On 5/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, HereticHick said:

Does Arnold the cat know about the beta fish?

Does the beta fish know where it's going when it dies?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24

31 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Does the beta fish know where it's going when it dies?

The toilet 🚽 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The toilet 🚽 

Not if Arnold has any say in it.

• Haha 15

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

ABC posted about scholarships their students received and of course Anna and Mary are in the group pic. I would guess just about every current student was in that pic. Which is good. College is expensive and just about anyone could use a scholarship big or small.

In the picture of the honors grads standing up, I spy young Mr. Hock in the audience on the left, with Mary next to him, I believe.

• Upvote 5

On 5/16/2022 at 7:15 AM, MomJeans said:

And I am firmly in camp "whatever it took and by any means necessary". However, I do believe that if the brothers were involved in any way it was out of love for their sisters and a mutual desire that they be happy and fulfilled.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

More happy college girls photos, with nary a modesty undershirt in sight. image.png.d9e49d3d9530b4f5e56814af478a167e.png

image.png.1411b32513ce86435a0731d9d6ead95d.png

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 4

My mom used the Maxwells stuff for years before they were even truly “fundie famous.” In fact, one of my relatives beta tested the scheduling book(can’t remember the name now) and her family’s schedule is included in the back.  I’ve never met Steve or Teri but I’ve known of the Maxwells for decades.

And frankly, every time I look at these pictures of the girls in college, wearing track pants, smiling, playing sports, wearing dresses that don’t even touch their knees, I wonder if I’ve somehow landed in some alternate universe.  It is just so opposite everything they talked about for thirty some years.

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 35
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

OMG! Knees! Collarbone! You *go*, Maxgals!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic