IGNORED

Maxwell 52: Retired Vests, Retired Blog, and Retired Maxwells

Coconut Flan

On 5/15/2022 at 1:59 PM, MomJeans said:

"There are certain things we just don’t do. For example, we would not even consider going to a movie theater, a professional sporting event of any kind, or amusement parks. For us, there is nothing redeeming about any of those activities, and much that is negative"  https://articles.titus2.com/lawn-care-how-is-your-lawn/

Steve is a judgmental ass. We replaced our lawn with clover - it's healthier for the environment, requires less water, and zero upkeep. 

I only read the part about lawns and just felt compelled to share my righteous anger at his bizarre judgement, old-fashioned ass. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

We replaced our lawn with clover - it's healthier for the environment, requires less water, and zero upkeep. 

Me too - I used clover and mint to replace my turf grass, which was never very hearty anyway. Love not having to mow (small townhouse lawn, but still), pollinators appreciate it, and fresh herbs spring, summer and into fall!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I have to admit, Memorial Day seemed a little off to me this year. There was no Maxwell post making Memorial Day about abortion. No twisted "logic" equating a military death to an aborted fetus. Weird.

To be honest, I didn't miss that. I've missed photos of what some might call a vacation, with the kidults paddling kayaks around in a little pond, and the requisite 14er ascent in skirts, and the lemon pound cake caroling tradition.Reading about these non-adventures has become a tradition of sorts for me. It might be Groundhog Day, but it's definitely Groundhog year at the Maxwell Borg. 

I do want to know how Gigi is doing, and if ofChris is still in remission and how Sarah is making use of her freedom.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I have to admit, Memorial Day seemed a little off to me this year. There was no Maxwell post making Memorial Day about abortion. No twisted "logic" equating a military death to an aborted fetus. Weird.

I'm kind of glad we didn't get such a post this year.  I have a feeling Steve would be gloating that his prayers appear to be answered, and it would piss me off even more than I already am.  Not sure my blood pressure could take much more.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

It’s interesting to me how they decided to just end the blog rather than pivot to different material. Anna Marie wrote some of the best content on the blog over the last few years. When there was no post for Susannah Joy this year it was the confirmation that Sarah intends zero blog posts. (Which, to be clear, good for Sarah!) I wonder if the family has updated their definitions of extended family now that those girls have gone wild. 

• Upvote 18

25 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

It’s interesting to me how they decided to just end the blog rather than pivot to different material. Anna Marie wrote some of the best content on the blog over the last few years. When there was no post for Susannah Joy this year it was the confirmation that Sarah intends zero blog posts. (Which, to be clear, good for Sarah!) I wonder if the family has updated their definitions of extended family now that those girls have gone wild. 

They are such schedulers that it sort of surprises me that they didn’t schedule a yearly update. That seems life like them. Like what you would put in a family Christmas letter about the year’s happenings. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Mama Maxwell has no more effs to give. Quite frankly, I wonder if she resented the schedule and is just done with it all. If so, good for her. She is 70 (or close to it) and raised 2 families (with help from Sarah), and should do whatever she wants, including swilling copious amounts of Pepsi.

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Mama Maxwell has no more effs to give. Quite frankly, I wonder if she resented the schedule and is just done with it all. If so, good for her. She is 70 (or close to it) and raised 2 families (with help from Sarah), and should do whatever she wants, including swilling copious amounts of Pepsi.

What is this based on? Sarah mainly wrote the blog. Sarah also did a lot of sister-momming.

I see no evidence that Teri has changed. I also have mixed feelings about Teri as a victim. Yes, she was very young when she got married and she struggled with depression. On the other, she's promoting this lifestyle with Steve for many, many years. She either helped Steve make decisions or enforced his decisions particularly as they pertained to their family. She helped promote the Maxwell blogs and products when they used to have speak engagements.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What is this based on? Sarah mainly wrote the blog. Sarah also did a lot of sister-momming.

I see no evidence that Teri has changed. I also have mixed feelings about Teri as a victim. Yes, she was very young when she got married and she struggled with depression. On the other, she's promoting this lifestyle with Steve for many, many years. She either helped Steve make decisions or enforced his decisions particularly as they pertained to their family. She helped promote the Maxwell blogs and products when they used to have speak engagements.

Do you think it was her idea to quit drinking Pepsi or to have a second family when she was already struggling to care for and educate 3 kids? Don’t recall saying she was a victim, but as a cruising towards 70 YO person and mother myself, I think she should be able to do whatever she wants.

• Upvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 1

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm kind of glad we didn't get such a post this year.  I have a feeling Steve would be gloating that his prayers appear to be answered, and it would piss me off even more than I already am.  Not sure my blood pressure could take much more.

I don't miss it and didn't want it. I'm just saying it was weird. After all these years of following them, I come to expect it. 

• Upvote 4

Since it's obvious Sarah will never blog again, and Terri and Steve aren't picking it up in her absence, I wonder if the blog was a particular subject of the coup de'daughters last year, beyond just the authorship side of it.  I am guessing that all or some of the second generation did not enjoy the attention.  

It's quite telling that only one Maxwell offspring has a family blog, and that's because his wife used to run her family blog.

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Do you think it was her idea to quit drinking Pepsi or to have a second family when she was already struggling to care for and educate 3 kids? Don’t recall saying she was a victim, but as a cruising towards 70 YO person and mother myself, I think she should be able to do whatever she wants.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised she chose to quit drinking Pepsi. I was under the impression that she chose to quit drinking Pepsi and that it was her idea.

She also chose to stay with Steve as he became more and more religious. She also chose to promote their values and beliefs with him.

She could leave Steve tomorrow and that would be a valid choice. I think she stays with him, because she likes being a Maxwell. Steve is her "delight" as in her book "My Delight: Loving My Husband". 

• Upvote 7

Or maybe her love of religion outweighs her disdain of Steve? Or she’s too tired or lazy to leave? Or maybe it’s easier to stay. Maybe they don’t speak 2 words to each other? We’ll likely never know. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

We’ll likely never know. 

This. The only reason why we know anything about any of the Maxwells right now is because ABC is very active on Facebook and posts pictures regularly. And because Chelsy still occasionally blogs. Otherwise we would know very little of what is going on in the Maxwell family. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

Another happy Mary photo from Instagram, from what looks like a rafting trip this spring: image.thumb.png.7519260ded9c4b9c8fb9dc25a579e5c0.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 15

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Another happy Mary photo from Instagram, from what looks like a rafting trip this spring: image.thumb.png.7519260ded9c4b9c8fb9dc25a579e5c0.png

What Instagram account is this?

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Radiant smile! 

• I Agree 2

On 6/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, SassyPants said:

Or maybe her love of religion outweighs her disdain of Steve? Or she’s too tired or lazy to leave? Or maybe it’s easier to stay. Maybe they don’t speak 2 words to each other? We’ll likely never know. 

I think she's a titch on the spectrum, which makes her malleable to Steve but unable to connect normally to the other family members. She seems to have good intentions. But, you're right, who knows what goes on in the hollowed halls of the (empty) Maxwell compound.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I hadn't thought to look at Instagram.  This was taken from Appalachian Bible College's Instagram page.  It's from April last year.  One thing I've noticed is that Mary no longer has the deer in the headlights look.  She looks like any other college student having fun hanging out with friends. 

473790720_Screenshot2022-06-03at23-44-27appalachianbiblecollegehashtagonInstagramPhotosandvideos.thumb.png.0d35d59d47fbd6e0139224ab78a2ac6d.png

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Going back to clover… White clover has covered a lot of our yard. I’m fine with it because the white clover flowers actually have a very nice smell. It reminds me a tiny bit of lilacs. Plus the wild rabbits love the clover. 

• Upvote 6

We have violet clover in our lawn. We mow our lawn once or twice per year, it's a really hard work when the grass is as high as our hips but it's worth it.  Since the five years we started doing this our lawn went from grass-only to grass plus wild flowers everywhere. More bees and butterflies and insects are coming over for a snack. Two out of three neighbours love our method, one is a beekeeper and one is a bird-lover. The third one makes jokes about it and does not care. We think the fourth neighbour hates it but can't say anything against it, because nothing grows through the fence into his garden. His garden looks neat and in order and ours more like exploded nature. I like the idea of replacing grass with clover and mint. I did not know this would work and never heard of it. I think I will try to add mint to our mixture. 

Plus: our way of gardening is way less work. At this moment neighbour nummer 4 is power washing his garden path while am sitting here, watching the bees and drinking a beer. 

Edited by Scrabblemaster
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Going back to clover… White clover has covered a lot of our yard. I’m fine with it because the white clover flowers actually have a very nice smell. It reminds me a tiny bit of lilacs. Plus the wild rabbits love the clover. 

We encourage all the wildflowers/weeds--dandelions, clover, ajuga, plantain-- in our lawn. The only drawback to the clover is how much the bees also love it, making it a bad idea to walk barefoot over it.

I had to seed over some bare spots last summer and found red clover seed at the feed store. Spectacular 1" scarlet cones when it bloomed. Sadly, it's an annual and I don't think it managed to reseed itself.

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

We encourage all the wildflowers/weeds--dandelions, clover, ajuga, plantain-- in our lawn. The only drawback to the clover is how much the bees also love it, making it a bad idea to walk barefoot over it.

I had to seed over some bare spots last summer and found red clover seed at the feed store. Spectacular 1" scarlet cones when it bloomed. Sadly, it's an annual and I don't think it managed to reseed itself.

Very true. The bees love our yard. I’ve been a little over zealous about my kids wearing shoes outside since they were tiny because I stepped on quite a few bees in my yard growing up. Growing up, our yard was also full of clover. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Well, Well, What do we have here?

Bulletin of Falcon Baptist Church, June 12, 2022

Falcon Colorado

http://www.falconbaptist.com/bulletin-new.pdf 

"Keith and Wendy Hock, Biblical Ministries Worldwide, Uruguay Our furlough has been absolutely wonderful. This past weekend was full of extra blessings as we saw Timothy and Alexa united in marriage. What a beautiful occasion. Our hearts are full. A few days before the wedding, we got to spend some time with Samuel. He is right now traveling to Kansas with some friends. God has blessed Samuel with work for the four weeks before his internship to South Africa. Please pray for God’s right provision of another vehicle as his broke while we were with him. Samuel has healed up wonderfully from his gall bladder operation. We are so happy to see Pastor Pedro’s vehicle fund grow! I spent five years in Hawaii with the Navy. Wendy and I were able to return there for a 10-day visit. Our time with precious friends and being in three different churches was so sweet! Even in paradise, needs are great and the ministry is advancing. We are now in Minnesota for four weeks. Please continue to pray that our travels will be safe and our ministries will be God-honoring as we’re in churches and with family.Thank you for your investments…with eternity’s values in view."

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 22

19 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Well, Well, Well, What do we have here?

Bulletin of Falcon Baptist Church, June 12, 2022

Falcon Colorado

http://www.falconbaptist.com/bulletin-new.pdf 

"Keith and Wendy Hock, Biblical Ministries Worldwide, Uruguay Our furlough has been absolutely wonderful. This past weekend was full of extra blessings as we saw Timothy and Alexa united in marriage. What a beautiful occasion. Our hearts are full. A few days before the wedding, we got to spend some time with Samuel. He is right now traveling to Kansas with some friends. God has blessed Samuel with work for the four weeks before his internship to South Africa. Please pray for God’s right provision of another vehicle as his broke while we were with him. Samuel has healed up wonderfully from his gall bladder operation. We are so happy to see Pastor Pedro’s vehicle fund grow! I spent five years in Hawaii with the Navy. Wendy and I were able to return there for a 10-day visit. Our time with precious friends and being in three different churches was so sweet! Even in paradise, needs are great and the ministry is advancing. We are now in Minnesota for four weeks. Please continue to pray that our travels will be safe and our ministries will be God-honoring as we’re in churches and with family.Thank you for your investments…with eternity’s values in view."

Great find!! Thank you!  

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic