IGNORED

Faux 4: A News Channel That Shows No News

GreyhoundFan

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Good gravy:

Well the SCOTUS said “Hell NO!” in US v Nixon and while I realize there are currently six shit flinging simians on the SCOTUS who can’t be trusted to follow the recipe for ice, much less settled case law, they would be really getting into very dangerous waters if they tried to overturn that decision as it makes clear no one is above the law. There would be major pushback from many sides including some of the Rs like the Lincoln Project. Saving babies is popular among their circles- looking away as someone clearly steals classified documents and threatens the safety of the country is not as popular except among his rabid but dwindling base. The six shits would find a far harder time justifying overturning US v Nixon than the Dobbs ruling. It would also take time- Trump would have to go through the usual legal channels unless SCOTUS chose to expedite it under a theory of national importance. But even so it is not such a quick process and while he waits, the process moves on. If the six were wise they would drag it out past the 2024 election before deciding what way to do. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Well the SCOTUS said “Hell NO!” in US v Nixon and while I realize there are currently six shit flinging simians on the SCOTUS who can’t be trusted to follow the recipe for ice, much less settled case law, they would be really getting into very dangerous waters if they tried to overturn that decision as it makes clear no one is above the law. There would be major pushback from many sides including some of the Rs like the Lincoln Project. Saving babies is popular among their circles- looking away as someone clearly steals classified documents and threatens the safety of the country is not as popular except among his rabid but dwindling base. The six shits would find a far harder time justifying overturning US v Nixon than the Dobbs ruling. It would also take time- Trump would have to go through the usual legal channels unless SCOTUS chose to expedite it under a theory of national importance. But even so it is not such a quick process and while he waits, the process moves on. If the six were wise they would drag it out past the 2024 election before deciding what way to do. 

The six voted against Trump in the election 'fraud' cases that came before them. So it's not a given they will rule for him, thank goodness...

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The six voted against Trump in the election 'fraud' cases that came before them. So it's not a given they will rule for him, thank goodness...

Correction, 5 of the 6 voted against him. Clarence Thomas was the only disenter...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Correction, 5 of the 6 voted against him. Clarence Thomas was the only disenter...

Of course he was

• Upvote 5

What's sad is his viewers eat this up:

• Upvote 4

Talk about unhinged:

• I Agree 4

Shamity being dumb.

• Upvote 4

The defense has spun again...

• Upvote 4

I despise pompeo:

• Upvote 3

Gee, Tuckums, maybe some people have to work on election day or lose a day's pay. Or maybe they don't have transportation. Or maybe crowds make a person anxious and mail-in balloting will let them avoid an uncomfortable situation. Fuck you, Tuckums.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Jessica is definitely saying what Faux viewers need to hear:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Jessica is definitely saying what Faux viewers need to hear:

“Oh!”

”Yes, Oh. Healthcare saves lives!”

Damn, Box’O Wine needs some cream for that burn! Jessica is schooling them all!

• Upvote 4

Holy Gucamole, Fox has TWO op-eds supporting the search warrant served on Mar a Lago, written by two fairly well respected authors. 

This one has Laurence Tribe as the primary author: 

Checks and balances on search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home and resort display limited government at its best   Legal process around Mar-a-Lago search reflects a justice system working properly

and this:  The Trump Mar-a-Lago search was justified   Here's the truth about the FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home on August 8

Bradley Moss wrote this one and Fox actually let this be published on their web site -- because what major outlet is more prone to being aflame with aflame with hyperbole, accusations, innuendo, and hysteria than Fox?

<snip> "Ever since news broke two weeks ago that the FBI had executed a search warrant on former President Donald Trump’s residence at Mar-a-Lago, the political world has been aflame with hyperbole, accusations, innuendo, and hysteria...

...And the former president and his allies, as is their custom, have sought to flood the zone with political justifications and haphazard legal explanations to deflect from his conduct."

"His allies" flooding the zone with shit would most certainly include Hannity and Tucker C. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

I am getting far too much entertainment out of Lachlan Murdoch - owner of Fox - suing Crikey (a quite small Australian news website and publisher) for defamation.

The original article that triggered all this off was titled "The events of January 6, and the role of Fox and the Murdochs, must be scrutinised" and basically pointed out that Fox promoted the Big Lie constantly and then downplayed the events of January 6th. 

What is really amusing me that the editors of Crikey basically dared Murdoch to sue by placing a full page ad in the New York Times.

I have no idea how this will go under Australian law, but given that Murdoch owned media here have been "We have the right to free speech over all" and have published things which have... skirted quite close to the line of being defamatory of their political enemies, as well punching down pretty consistently against people without resources to test them in court - well let's just say it's pretty hypocritical of Murdoch to sue now.

• Upvote 8

I agree that tuckums is basically auditioning to be on Russian TV.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I agree that tuckums is basically auditioning to be on Russian TV.

Okay, I know the clip leaves off what the doofus in the split screen said prior to "This is the Benghazi" so I don't have the full context but hey, I am perfectly cool with treating it like Benghazi.  Investigate it thoroughly and completely.  Take sworn testimony of anyone and everyone who has relevant and pertinent information. Get to the bottom of it all and if people in positions of governmental power committed crimes, charge them.  Isn't that what the whole Benghazi investigation entailed? Oh- I get it.  They're outraged because the thorough investigation revealed that nobody committed a crime in that investigation so nobody got charged but this investigation has resulted in a whole lotta people being charged and more charges coming and golly gee, it turns out that a lot of the people who have pled guilty are blaming Trump and right wing media for getting them all sold on the idea of the Big Lie.  And on top of it all, some of the people Fox News likes to say are cool people in government may end up charged.  Hmmmm......something about buttery males.

• Upvote 5

Kayleigh conveniently forgets how unresponsive she was to the press:

• Upvote 4

If there's anything Faux and the GQP want, it's to keep women down:

• Upvote 5

Talk about unhinged:

• Upvote 4

I can't stand Watters and was pleasantly surprised that Faux broadcast Kessler.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I can't stand Watters and was pleasantly surprised that Faux broadcast Kessler.

The face of the Fox News guy (I don't watch so I don't know who he is- I can only recognize the major players) as he started to realize what Ronald Kessler was saying is great.  You can totally hear his "oh shit oh shit oh shit" thoughts going through his head as he tried to figure out how to spin it to fit the Fox narrative.  I would have liked to see Ronald Kessler's response but I won't give Fox the clicks.  And a Fox News media personality talking about people who lie for a living is pretty rich. 

• Upvote 3

This is a safe assumption...

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic