IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

LOL also that definitely means she didn't get everything on that "To Do" list done. In fact, about the only thing on there that she couldn't have passed on to the kids was "take shower and wash hair", and she clearly didn't do half of that item if she's now on "day 12 straight hair".

Like I don't wash my hair super often (10 days would be way too long for me, though) but it's not a thing I brag about. I wash it when it needs it. 

If I went 12 days though I'd be wearing a hat and cringing at myself. 

It’s funny because I am a person who thinks all hair is different and often doesn’t need washed every day. If she said she washed her hair once a week, I would be like, ok fine. There are plenty of people out there that do that and it is fine. But she goes 12 fucking days? Most people can’t go that long without it getting very greasy, smelly, and dandruff filled. If she had short hair, I would give it a pass. Short hair like men’s hair can probably go longer between washes. But her hair is very long. It probably picks up so much dust and dirt in the air! Women back in the 1800s wore their hair in a bun every day for a reason. To keep it clean! They weren’t able to wash their hair all the time so they brushed it out every day to get out the dirt/dust and distribute oils, then they would put it in a bun to keep it clean. Her hair is flowing everywhere! It’s picking up so much crap! And she’s refusing to wash it. I hope she’s at least brushing it out daily. I know she doesn’t brush it when it’s curly. She just uses a dirty fork off the van floor 🙄

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I've had waist-length hair multiple times in my life.  I have very thick, fairly coarse textured hair.  There is NO WAY I would have been able to go more than 3 days without washing it or it would have been so gross I would have been crawling out of my skin to get into the shower and wash it.  And it's not like it's some huge ordeal, either.  Two minutes tops to shampoo and rinse.  It is just beyond bizarre that she wears BEING DIRTY like some badge of honor.  It's really, really weird.  

Also, pedicures average around $40.  She drops $100+ on meals out (and thousands on multiple yearly vacations) and outings like it's nothing.  I wonder if she got an advance for the book. 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

If it was anyone else I would think this was to troll haters but this is Abbie, and bragging about smelly hair is totally on brand. This isn't the flex that she thinks it is. Or who knows? Maybe the women around her are so completely shallow that this is an important goal to reach. But to what end? What am I not understanding here? I get that some people "train" their scalp with less washings but I don't see what's special about it. Wash your hair when you need to. The end. 

I have long hair and at my  hormonal age and because I use natural products can wash once a week. But there is nothing particularly virtuous or noteworthy about this unless someone is interested to know how to go more natural with personal products. 

This reads like schooldays when someone announces: “ I totally didn’t even do my makeup today. I just woke up and ran out the door, “ When you know they spent effort and want you to notice. I think there’s an element of: look how gorgeous my hair looks without any effort…and my lack of concern with my appearance makes me totally relatable, since, wink,  we all know moms never even have time to wash their hair. It’s strange to see someone be an image conscious influencer but unaware of these reoccurring themes.

• Upvote 9

She had the twin girls rebraid/style her hair...at a restaurant.  At the table. 

She is FUCKING GROSS. And apparently wasn't taught any basic manners. 🤮

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 8
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if her dirty hair is related to her Trichotillomania? Maybe if it's dirty she's less likely to pull it out? If I remember right, she's never had professional help, just tried to pray it away.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I wonder if her dirty hair is related to her Trichotillomania? Maybe if it's dirty she's less likely to pull it out? If I remember right, she's never had professional help, just tried to pray it away.

I remember she pulls her eyebrows but I can’t remember how much she pulls her head hair. This is how I know she draws her eyebrows too high. Because there’s not much hair left to her brows due to her pulling. So she just draws above where her hair would have been. I doubt it has a lot to do with her pulling and more to do with her martyr complex. “Look everyone! I’m such a busy devoted mom to 10 kids!I don’t even have time to wash my hair for 12 days!” 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

She had the twin girls rebraid/style her hair...at a restaurant.  At the table. 

She is FUCKING GROSS. And apparently wasn't taught any basic manners. 🤮

I'm having flashbacks to when Jill and Nurie's entire bridal party did their nails at the table at a restaurant. Shudder!

• Disgust 7

One of my mom’s steadfast rules growing up was never brush or do your hair in the kitchen. Ever. If my mom had been in the same restaurant as Braggie with her girls doing her dirty hair at the table, my mom would have had a disgusted look like no other. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt it has a lot to do with her pulling and more to do with her martyr complex. “Look everyone! I’m such a busy devoted mom to 10 kids!I don’t even have time to wash my hair for 12 days!” 

But she has plenty of time to go on date nights, teach fitness classes, hand the kids off to her mom for an entire afternoon, thrift shop for clothes she doesn't need or wear...

Nar. Ciss. Ist.

• Upvote 9

Hey Braggie, You know what really helps trichotillomania (and most compulsive behaviors)? An SSRI; typically either eliminates or greatly reduces frequency. You can try it and see how you respond without turning your back on Jesus, you know. We know you have insurance and money for a co-pay. Is it really about Jesus or do you just prefer the martyr thing?

And another thing, you seem to have plenty of cash and built-in childcare. If you really hate shampooing your hair why not make a twice weekly appointment for a wash and blow-out? Anything's better than what you got going now.

Edited by So-Virgin-It-Hurts
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Oh that’s unfortunate. I hope she gets qualified help. Isn’t Trichotillomania an OCD adjacent thing? It’s rough to have OCD tendencies in a rigid religious environment. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Oh that’s unfortunate. I hope she gets qualified help.

Don't hold your breath.  She's had it since she was a child, and she prays it away. 🙄

• Eyeroll 3

I don't think I've ever known anyone to be so publicly insecure about their hair. It's such a weird flex. 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Oh that’s unfortunate. I hope she gets qualified help. Isn’t Trichotillomania an OCD adjacent thing? It’s rough to have OCD tendencies in a rigid religious environment. 

She won’t. She has already made it clear she won’t get help for it. It’s that martyr complex again.

• Upvote 4

Here's a post she wrote about hair pulling: https://misformama.net/2012/02/5-things-thursday-15the-ugly-bad-and.html

She mentions pulling eyelashes, eyebrows and scalp hair.

I feel the unwashed hair is more recent (last few years?) but could be wrong.

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
typos
  • Thank You 2

Wow. Jesse shared Braggie’s post in her stories  Without A Crystal Ball posted this on her Instagram.

D411F085-97A0-4BA3-9029-54502BA82323.thumb.jpeg.dedcba340bd02ed6b0b6bbcf831bb1bb.jpeg

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Wow. Jesse shared Braggie’s post in her stories  Without A Crystal Ball posted this on her Instagram.

D411F085-97A0-4BA3-9029-54502BA82323.thumb.jpeg.dedcba340bd02ed6b0b6bbcf831bb1bb.jpeg

That will likely be a big win for book promotion and new followers. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Here's a post she wrote about hair pulling: https://misformama.net/2012/02/5-things-thursday-15the-ugly-bad-and.html

She mentions pulling eyelashes, eyebrows and scalp hair.

I feel the unwashed hair is more recent (last few years?) but could be wrong.

Interesting. Maybe, thing is not touching it so she doesn’t trigger the pulling or being pleased it’s grown in. Having dealt with postparum OCD I have a ton of empathy for anyone struggling with obsessIve thinking, but I see her public blog post as exactly what she said when she nailed it early on: “in which I use you guys as my free psychotherapy so I can get this big bad secret off my chest.” It’s just another form of being the best/perfectionist…even about your failures. I also wish she had linked to other treatments or mental health recommendations. I imagine this sort of post - just find the right accountability and make up your mind - would be pretty devastating to someone with sever OCD. Oh, well, too high hopes for fundamentalism.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 4

On 12/22/2021 at 11:12 PM, neuroticcat said:

Creating a rigid religious environment is almost a form of OCD. Certainly it speaks to a need to control things.

• Upvote 7

I wish I could overhear an influencer’s decision behind different posts - I mean not just M is for Mama but so so many. Like is this one intended to be relatable like eating-out-with-kids-wild-huh? To bring traffic by inviting story sharing? To just have a post? To genuinely inform people they should do traditions? I mean, I get that there are probably unconscious motivations, but ???

I am too old for Instagram, especially mommy Instagram - haha. Actually, though, following some fundie moms has made me really thankful to have not been a first time mom with constant social media. 64E00E2D-198B-4B1C-BCEE-AC9B3F53B836.thumb.jpeg.8387ce627f7ea0a7bcc9263e3318e4a7.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5

Yeah, this definitely looks like the sort of place that just smiles with pleasure every time Braggie comes in the door with her gaggle of kids.  (Probably more like "oh my GOD, she's here again....")

RITUAL (ritualonmain.com)

$12 for a salad and $11 for a chicken salad sandwich?  During a pandemic?  Hard pass, thanks.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Yeah, this definitely looks like the sort of place that just smiles with pleasure every time Braggie comes in the door with her gaggle of kids.  (Probably more like "oh my GOD, she's here again....")

RITUAL (ritualonmain.com)

$12 for a salad and $11 for a chicken salad sandwich?  During a pandemic?  Hard pass, thanks.

Try he reason why she takes a bunch of kids to an expensive restaurant is 1) she wants the good food because she hates cooking 2) she loves the attention no matter bad or good and 3) she has to be a martyr every day of the week. Plenty of large families take their kids out to eat. She’s not special. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I wish I could overhear an influencer’s decision behind different posts - I mean not just M is for Mama but so so many. Like is this one intended to be relatable like eating-out-with-kids-wild-huh? To bring traffic by inviting story sharing? To just have a post? To genuinely inform people they should do traditions? I mean, I get that there are probably unconscious motivations, but ???

I am too old for Instagram, especially mommy Instagram - haha. Actually, though, following some fundie moms has made me really thankful to have not been a first time mom with constant social media. 64E00E2D-198B-4B1C-BCEE-AC9B3F53B836.thumb.jpeg.8387ce627f7ea0a7bcc9263e3318e4a7.jpeg

Abby, from one mom to another, there are these genius devices called hair elastics. You can keep you long hair out of a toddler's reach. Imagine!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Abby, from one mom to another, there are these genius devices called hair elastics. You can keep you long hair out of a toddler's reach. Imagine!

Or she could cut it. Its just another way to be a martyr. We could list all the ways she is a mommy martyr but we don’t have all day. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic