IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

Ugh…Anyone read Hidden Valley Road? Uber Catholic, 12 kids, 6 of the boys affected with schizophrenia- 

And AH claims that she doesn’t collect stuff- Hello Anthro-

• Upvote 4

She posted a story today pushing her new fitness classes at a new gym.  

Omicron is fucking raging through East Texas (covid patients at my son's hospital went from 40 to 50 in ONE DAY), but Braggie wants you to come and sweat and breathe in close proximity to others.  Fuck you, you oblivious twatwaffle.

• Upvote 10
  • Angry 4
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

Well, she blocked me, I assume because I direct messaged her over the blanket training thing. She did not like being challenged and tried to scold-courage me in her defensive replies. I was direct but not obnoxious, so I am left to assume she reads here and put two and two together. I suppose I shall now have to carry on being a mother without being regularly scold-encouraged to do hard things to manifest my Christianity. Probably best for me in the end, because her posts really trouble me- mainly because it’s the same old fundamentalist garbage in shiny posts.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

The queen of the humblebrag still reigns supreme in 2022. 

Braggie treated us to one of her toilet selfies wearing an outfit that only she could think looks good - a bulky horizontal-striped shirt tucked into overalls.  She looks like a prison fashion show reject.  

Accompanying this pic is a caption about how "I hesitate to say this" but it's the first time she's fit in those overalls since the latest twins, and it took time, and maybe this will "encourage" those of her followers plugging away at healthy goals.  She also included an 11yo pic of her with the explanation "My 'best body' was after my third kid, and I'll never be that thin again, thank goodness." She's a better person now because she "prioritized making milk for my babies over losing weight."  Wow, Braggie, you breastfed your babies for over a year.  Along with billions of other women over the last few hundred thousand years.  Also, I sense a subtle dig at formula feeding in there.  Fed is best, you vain self-centered twit.

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 7

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

The queen of the humblebrag still reigns supreme in 2022. 

Braggie treated us to one of her toilet selfies wearing an outfit that only she could think looks good - a bulky horizontal-striped shirt tucked into overalls.  She looks like a prison fashion show reject.  

Accompanying this pic is a caption about how "I hesitate to say this" but it's the first time she's fit in those overalls since the latest twins, and it took time, and maybe this will "encourage" those of her followers plugging away at healthy goals.  She also included an 11yo pic of her with the explanation "My 'best body' was after my third kid, and I'll never be that thin again, thank goodness." She's a better person now because she "prioritized making milk for my babies over losing weight."  Wow, Braggie, you breastfed your babies for over a year.  Along with billions of other women over the last few hundred thousand years.  Also, I sense a subtle dig at formula feeding in there.  Fed is best, you vain self-centered twit.

Of course she breast feeds! It’s yet another way to mommy martyr herself. Braggie decisions go as follows:

Will this make me a mommy martyr on instagram? It will? Then yes, I’m going to do it. No matter how much it affects my children and mental health. All that matters is if I can be the biggest mommy martyr on instagram. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Will this make me a mommy martyr on instagram? It will? Then yes, I’m going to do it. No matter how much it affects my children and mental health. All that matters is if I can be the biggest mommy martyr on instagram. 

And get the biggest narcissism rush from people gushing over her content. 

She rattled off a list of things on her plate the other day (way, way too much) then casually threw in the usual "my sweet mama took the kids for the afternoon."  If her poor mom ever has a major health issue or dies unexpectedly, Braggie is going to be up shit creek without a paddle.  She carries a LOT of her load.

ETA: I'm a fairly new grandmother and of course adore my grandchild.  That being said, if any kid of mine continued to pump out kid after kid and obviously expected me to be at their beck and call, I'd be moving cross-country in short order.  I earned my stripes in the childcare trenches, thanks.  Not doing it again.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 15

18 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

And get the biggest narcissism rush from people gushing over her content. 

She rattled off a list of things on her plate the other day (way, way too much) then casually threw in the usual "my sweet mama took the kids for the afternoon."  If her poor mom ever has a major health issue or dies unexpectedly, Braggie is going to be up shit creek without a paddle.  She carries a LOT of her load.

ETA: I'm a fairly new grandmother and of course adore my grandchild.  That being said, if any kid of mine continued to pump out kid after kid and obviously expected me to be at their beck and call, I'd be moving cross-country in short order.  I earned my stripes in the childcare trenches, thanks.  Not doing it again.

Her mom is a huge part of this problem. I don’t have any pity for her. I see it similar to Jill’s parents. Jill and Braggie weren’t born this way. Their parents helped shape their narcissism. And they keep it going to this day because they go along with it. They give into their daughters constantly. They let shitty behavior go unchecked. They are terrible parents. Just like their daughters. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her mom is a huge part of this problem.

Oh, agreed.  And Braggie never, EVER mentions her dad, other than one time years ago when she said their relationship was "complicated."  My guess is that he has a lot of regrets and current headaches (partly due to a constant houseful of loud kids during what could be retirement age).

• Upvote 10

On 1/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, danvillebelle said:

She posted a story today pushing her new fitness classes at a new gym.  

Omicron is fucking raging through East Texas (covid patients at my son's hospital went from 40 to 50 in ONE DAY), but Braggie wants you to come and sweat and breathe in close proximity to others.  Fuck you, you oblivious twatwaffle.

65 inpatients at ours - highest ever admission rate, 21 unvaccinated.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8

9 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Oh, agreed.  And Braggie never, EVER mentions her dad, other than one time years ago when she said their relationship was "complicated."  My guess is that he has a lot of regrets and current headaches (partly due to a constant houseful of loud kids during what could be retirement age).

Sort of like Jimmy Lee Duggar I bet. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her mom is a huge part of this problem. I don’t have any pity for her. I see it similar to Jill’s parents. Jill and Braggie weren’t born this way. Their parents helped shape their narcissism. And they keep it going to this day because they go along with it. They give into their daughters constantly. They let shitty behavior go unchecked. They are terrible parents. Just like their daughters. 

Shaun is a huge part of the problem too! He lets her parentify Ezra and Simon because the alternative is that he actually has to parent. I bet he’s never actually had to take care of all of his kids by himself. Which to me is bonkers as a parent. 

He makes me irrationally angry because my dad was this way…’I know your mom is wrong but I’m not going to do anything about it…I don’t want her on my case too’. Thanks a lot, ‘dad’.  

There’s a lot of ‘keep momma happy’ in Braggie’s house. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

12 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Shaun is a huge part of the problem too! He lets her parentify Ezra and Simon because the alternative is that he actually has to parent. I bet he’s never actually had to take care of all of his kids by himself. Which to me is bonkers as a parent. 

He makes me irrationally angry because my dad was this way…’I know your mom is wrong but I’m not going to do anything about it…I don’t want her on my case too’. Thanks a lot, ‘dad’.  

There’s a lot of ‘keep momma happy’ in Braggie’s house. 

Oh yes I totally agree. Just like David is just as accountable. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

65 inpatients at ours - highest ever admission rate, 21 unvaccinated.

We’re at our highest ever, too. My minimum gear to go to work is an n95, surgical mask on top of that, a face shield, gown (plastic. It’s hot!!), and gloves. I have a perpetual bruise on my nose from the n95 and ongoing mask acne. I’m so over people calling themselves pro-life but then whining about wearing one simple mask!

ok, rant over. 

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 13

54 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Shaun is a huge part of the problem too! He lets her parentify Ezra and Simon because the alternative is that he actually has to parent.

Yes.  And with each child that's born, he has to parent less because he has to work more to pay for it all.  Although I imagine Braggie's book sales might take some of the pressure off that for awhile (in a perfect world she'd sell none, but I'm a realist and it will probably sell well initially).  Speaking of the book...I see that Target will be selling it.  Say what?  Braggie didn't put her foot down and FORBID that horrid, trans-supporting retailer from carrying her precious book?  Quelle Surprise. 🙄

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 9

Braggie complained that her own father was never around in her childhood because he had to work long hours so her mom could homeschool. Yet here she is demanding her husband do the same to their children. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie complained that her own father was never around in her childhood because he had to work long hours so her mom could homeschool.

I imagine her dad (and Shaun) long ago bought lifetime memberships into the "Yes Dear" plan of marriage, to keep the peace. 

I didn't realize how much of that was in my in-laws marriage until after they were both gone and I really started examining things in hindsight.  FIL literally did whatever she wanted, their whole marriage, but particularly the last 10 years or so. Up to and including incurring thousands of dollars of debt so that she could compulsively shop and hoard (and he could excuse his own hoarding tendencies).  She was like a spoiled child; all she had to do was pout, and he caved.  The big tipoff for me was when she went downhill at warp speed and I cared for her in their home for a week.  4 years earlier, they'd moved to our part of the state and she had gotten rid of bags and bags (like 12+ large garbage bags) of clothing and shoes and purses.  When I was there caring for her, I discovered she'd completely filled both bedroom closets with all new clothing and shoes, most of which had the tags still on.  They never went anywhere...she never wore them.  She was a QVC addict; the number was set on speed dial on their phone.  

I imagine Shaun is the same way with Braggie and her Anthro obsession and giant closet full of clothing she never wears.  

• Upvote 12

My dad was a sweet and generous guy, but he was as cowed by my mother as we kids were. I often wish I’d had the guts to ask him why he never stood up to her. I think it’s because he married a younger version of his mother.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I have a relative whose daughter (mid thirties) recently had her first baby. Relative was there to help the first few days after mother and baby got home from the hospital. Sunday, a week after the baby was born, relative was packing to return home to her house, job, and husband two hours away. Daughter was like "Do you have to go? What if there is an emergency?" Relative replied, "Then I will drive back in two hours." Son-in-law is taking paternal leave so daughter has support while she recovers from Cesaerian.  (Son-in-law is a highly competent person so I suspect they will do just fine.) I think they are just overwhelmed by this tiny little creature who is now their responsibility. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I have a relative whose daughter (mid thirties) recently had her first baby. Relative was there to help the first few days after mother and baby got home from the hospital. Sunday, a week after the baby was born, relative was packing to return home to her house, job, and husband two hours away. Daughter was like "Do you have to go? What if there is an emergency?" Relative replied, "Then I will drive back in two hours." Son-in-law is taking paternal leave so daughter has support while she recovers from Cesaerian.  (Son-in-law is a highly competent person so I suspect they will do just fine.) I think they are just overwhelmed by this tiny little creature who is now their responsibility. 

I was definitely overwhelmed by both my first and second. But I had some raging PPA that was being treated with medication, yet still awful. 

• Love 9

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was definitely overwhelmed by both my first and second. But I had some raging PPA that was being treated with medication, yet still awful. 

Post partum anxiety? I hope that's not what it is. However, I feel that daughter will get help if she can't control her anxiety. We're not a "pray instead of seeking help" family. Fortunately, they are reasonably well off and have lots of resources of family and friends. 

• Upvote 5

I am sure I was a rare one. I absolutely did not want anyone in the house after I had my kids. It worked better for me that my husband worked and traveled for work, our families lived out of the area and 3/4 ths of our parents still worked. 

God that quote and picture of her best body (HER OWN WORDS) that she ends with “thank goodness,” makes no sense. You selected that photo and used the words describing that photo as the best one of you. Obviously she IS LUSTING for that body. Sorry Abbie, you don’t have naturally thin genes and are going to be 40 in a few months. You are not special-

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Post partum anxiety? I hope that's not what it is. However, I feel that daughter will get help if she can't control her anxiety. We're not a "pray instead of seeking help" family. Fortunately, they are reasonably well off and have lots of resources of family and friends. 

She probably doesn’t have PPA but I think it’s normal not to know what to with your first. They just give you the baby and some pamphlets and send you home. It’s overwhelming for most people. It would be nice if everyone got a mothers helper for free a few times a week for the first month. 

I also think that once a new mom gets into a “routine,” things are a little less overwhelming.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

My youngest sister-in-law (she’s 18 years younger than Mr. B.) just had a baby in November, and I admit I am taking a great deal of satisfaction in doing the things for her that I wish someone would’ve done for me. Plus, she has a newborn during a pandemic. I am going to cut her some anxiety slack.
I had horrible PPA. It wasn’t until Younger was a few months old, and I went on a breast-feeding safe SSRI that I realized just how completely out of control my anxiety had been for the previous two years. I don’t remember much of Older’s baby years, because I was just that tied up in knots.

We focus a lot on just how horrible patriarchy is for women, but I admit to a certain amount of sympathy for Sean. Probably unwarranted. How the hell do you put your foot down with somebody like Abby? She could make his life a living hell, and probably does.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

Abbie offers up two views of secular parenting: dissolving into tears or publicly mocking children. Apparently that's it for us godless heathens. But wait, she says there is a third option: biblical motherhood. 

Abbie came perilously close to actually understanding parenting. She missed the mark but damn, girl almost had it. She acknowledged three ways to parent. If she kept running with it, it might have occured to her that there are as many ways to parent as there are parents raising children. 

Spoiler

724206147_Screenshot_20220109-1047122.png.5d3ec875c6548a7ca8571aac59e04c12.png540088856_Screenshot_20220109-1050112.thumb.png.dfaa38972d63f03d8562a7450644623b.png689953031_Screenshot_20220109-1047282.png.9f1754333fd8e57aec7526e29ceae129.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie offers up two views of secular parenting: dissolving into tears or publicly mocking children. Apparently that's it for us godless heathens. But wait, she says there is a third option: biblical motherhood. 

Abbie came perilously close to actually understanding parenting. She missed the mark but damn, girl almost had it. She acknowledged three ways to parent. If she kept running with it, it might have occured to her that there are as many ways to parent as there are parents raising children. 

Hide contents

724206147_Screenshot_20220109-1047122.png.5d3ec875c6548a7ca8571aac59e04c12.png540088856_Screenshot_20220109-1050112.thumb.png.dfaa38972d63f03d8562a7450644623b.png689953031_Screenshot_20220109-1047282.png.9f1754333fd8e57aec7526e29ceae129.png

Is this irony? Am I wrong or is she describing herself?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic