IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t bother keeping a toddler entertained either. There are plenty of kids around the house to play with. But I would argue it’s not just entertaining she’s avoiding. I think she just doesn’t watch them. And that’s why they get into some very messy and destructive situations. There’s entertaining your kids, and then there’s taking care of them. Braggie makes her older kids do both. 

Yeah, I don't usually "entertain" a toddler. I tend to encourage independent play or play with a sibling without me cruise-directing everything. I do watch/listen to what they're doing and interact or intervene as wanted or needed, though, rather than leaving it all on my older child. I expect him to shout if there's a problem while they're playing and I don't realize it, but beyond that the toddler's my responsibility, not his.

@SassyPants, it's pretty infuriating that a guy can't manage to make PB&J or stick chicken nuggets in the oven six hours after his wife has a baby and instead she has to feed everyone. (Assuming this isn't a case of she insisted/really did feel that great.)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 12/7/2021 at 11:50 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Is her brother fundie?

Also I always wonder how she ended up leaving it up to God.

She uses BC and she decides when she wants a pregnancy. It failed with the twin boys and she was extremely pissed. She says that even if you use BC, God can decide to send you a child, so BC is not against God's will. That idea makes her look even worse... if God sent her the twin boys, she should have been content, but she was angry. 

On 12/7/2021 at 11:50 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Is her brother fundie?

He has had 4 kids in 4 years and goes on vacation with Abbie, so I assume he's like her.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, zee_four said:

God bringing up being anti BC on dates. I'm surprised she ever found a husband. She married young so she was really young I'm assuming bringing this up on dates. All the guys I know would have GTFO ASAP after hearing the 17, 18, 19 year old girl/young woman bring that up on a date. I wonder what about OfBraggie found that attractive and puts up with all her crap. We don't know much about Shawn (finally remembered his name now) but he's got to be just as pathological as Braggie IMO. 

I think she mentioned it on their second date or something and he wasn’t really phased and she implied she had expected him to run away. I remember it because I thought that was such a weird response and seemed like the kind of retroactive reframing of the story.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone here remember That Wife? She was so bound and determined to get married and have kids* that she actually made her boyfriend a PowerPoint presentation to convince him that he should marry her. She went on to have Bathroom Baby, the poor child she parked in a pack-and-play in a bathroom so she could dick around on line uninterrupted. From her posts, it was obvious to her readers—but not to her—that this caused the baby developmental problems. 😢 She then had a daughter and spent a lot of time away from home pursuing “education” and other activities and foisting her kids off on her mother. Then she decided she didn’t want to be married, either. She seems to have fallen off the radar.

*She was raised a fairly conservative mainstream Mormon, a religion that stresses heteronormative marriage and parenthood even more than the fundies we follow.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

Does anyone here remember That Wife? She was so bound and determined to get married and have kids* that she actually made her boyfriend a PowerPoint presentation to convince him that he should marry her. She went on to have Bathroom Baby, the poor child she parked in a pack-and-play in a bathroom so she could dick around on line uninterrupted. From her posts, it was obvious to her readers—but not to her—that this caused the baby developmental problems. 😢 She then had a daughter and spent a lot of time away from home pursuing “education” and other activities and foisting her kids off on her mother. Then she decided she didn’t want to be married, either. She seems to have fallen off the radar.

*She was raised a fairly conservative mainstream Mormon, a religion that stresses heteronormative marriage and parenthood even more than the fundies we follow.

Search FJ for her. She was talked about in the last couple years. But not super recently. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Hane said:

GOMI loves posting about her. Here's a link.

• Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Nearly old enough to escape.

Since his mom values education for bragging rights, I hope he goes to college before escaping. That way he will have many more choices as an adult and can get out on his own without much help if he tells Braggie to fuck off after he graduates.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, bea said:

WOW, she went off the deep end.

Bouncing from one extreme to another. Not uncommon in people who've recently left the LDS church.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, indianabones said:

Bouncing from one extreme to another. Not uncommon in people who’ve recently left the LDS church.

In ex-Mormon forums and YouTube channels, I’ve been struck by how many former Mormons go directly to atheism, rather than to another religion or even a turn to “spiritual but not religious.” So many seem to be turned off by the very idea of Christianity at all, even the most liberal strains.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 6

I had a coworker who was raised JW(but wasn’t baptized)and later became Mormon.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I knew a guy in college who said God appeared to him and told him to become a Mormon. So he did.

Since he was a frequent user of several illegal drug substances, I'm 99.99999999% sure God had nothing to do with it. 

• Haha 21

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Since he was a frequent user of several illegal drug substances, I'm 99.99999999% sure God had nothing to do with it. 

You prompted the memory of my favorite drug-induced hallucination story (not mine, a friend's).

In high school, a friend decided to drop acid one weekend night.  He lost track of the time (obviously) and came home very late. His dad was up waiting in his bathrobe, and chewed him out, up one side and down the other.

But to my friend, his dad standing there in a red bathrobe was... a giant strawberry, red-faced and bawling him out.  

He laughed until he was crying and rolling on the floor, and gradually was able to figure out that he needed to go to bed, so he crawled to his room, all the while roaring at the giant strawberry that was so mad, for reasons he couldn't understand. 

I'll never, ever forget that one.

• Haha 15

Braggie has a cute lil' analogy for y'all.  Rad.  

She ran out of gas (literally, in her van) and managed to coast into the gas station.  She wants her readers to know that neglecting reading the Bible is like ignoring the E on your gas tank indicator.  So don't.  

In her stories, she filmed Titus and Toby taking a ping pong ball back and forth from each other while Toby cries.  It is disturbing to me (but not surprising) how she can film her kids when they're upset in a completely detached manner.  From Honor on down, their first, fleeting memories will be mama pointing that goddamn phone at them.  

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Somebody explain this to me. She does, or does not to use birth control? Because from what she has written, she is opposed to birth control. Does she use NFP? And thinks that that is not birth control?
(A tip, for fundies: anything that prevents you from getting pregnant is birth control.)

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, bea said:

Somebody explain this to me. She does, or does not to use birth control? Because from what she has written, she is opposed to birth control. Does she use NFP? And thinks that that is not birth control?
(A tip, for fundies: anything that prevents you from getting pregnant is birth control.)

I think she does NFP. I know she would be anti hormonal BC. Not sure about barrier methods. Her attitude about BC is very sad because she loathes pregnancy and needy children. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bea said:

From what I’ve seen, fundies are extremely anti hormonal birth control because they are under the impression it causes miscarriage/abortion. Which isn’t true. But I haven’t actually heard any say using NFP or condoms causes miscarriage. So some are against anything that keeps you from getting pregnant. And others are not against condoms or NFP and I imagine those are the fundies with 2-3 kids. I always assume those families used NFP until one of them decided to do something permanent. Like a vasectomy or tubal. 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

From what I’ve seen, fundies are extremely anti hormonal birth control because they are under the impression it causes miscarriage/abortion. Which isn’t true. But I haven’t actually heard any say using NFP or condoms causes miscarriage. So some are against anything that keeps you from getting pregnant. And others are not against condoms or NFP and I imagine those are the fundies with 2-3 kids. I always assume those families used NFP until one of them decided to do something permanent. Like a vasectomy or tubal. 

I never understood fundies who are anti BC, but A-OK with sterilization. Talk about usurping God’s decision.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

She admits to blanket training……….

5BED8483-A1EC-4F99-A575-9E0A27790970.thumb.png.e63ac3ed423fafc08d18bd80e4a33b62.png3F7A55DF-7533-4824-8C3E-BF24A5CD1135.thumb.png.72b99d37daefd86c9be03ca6b36860fa.png

Yup. Just saw this and 💔. I hate hate hate that this is a thing and that any influencer would would suggest it. Even if, and that’s a huge IF, physical force is not involved, 100 percent guarantee her audience approves of spanking so would adapt accordingly or will take this as confirmation they are on the right track. I also loathe that it’s pulled out for Bible time. Way to set your kids up to hate the Bible!

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Blanket training seems a way to beat a kid's curiosity and need to move right out of them. I remember my kids hating being confined. I tried a playpen and whichever child it was climbed right out. Baby gates slowed them enough for me to catch up to them. I can't see it working on the grands either. Well, maybe 1 of them because he's sort of an introvert. The girls? No, not happening. 

Then again, I did not have the ability to do that "parenting bootcamp" thing. The lack of attention span on my part killed it. But, the kids grew up into fairly decent, educated, respectful, responsible human beings without me beating the shit out of them. They claim its because mom was and is crazy and there's no telling if she'll make good on one of her ridiculous threats. 

• Upvote 11

Ugh poor Shiloh. How dare he still be a toddler when she's already moved on to the next babies?

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

Of course Shiloh is the only one she has blanket trained. I’ve said this on other threads but I bet if you asked all fundies with huge families, most of them didn’t blanket train the older ones. They were able to give their older ones the attention they needed so they didn’t have to blanket train. I think once you get to the point that you feel you need to blanket train, you should be done having kids. that’s your big ass clue that you have too many to care for properly. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic