IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

This is Lori writing about people talking about sex/ penis size.

Maybe men talked about it but women didn’t. I went to a large public high school. I was a cheerleader and all of the friends I hung out with were cheerleaders. Most if not all were fornicating with their boyfriends, but they never talked about it or shared any details. They would have been too embarrassed about it.

Let's unpack shall we?

I was a cheerleader and all of the friends I hung out with were cheerleaders. 

Lori, who always tells us she had no friends in high school, was unpopular, and everyone was mean to her, was friends with all her fellow cheerleaders.  Hmmm .......... I don't know about Lori's HS. but in mine the cheerleaders were the most popular girls in school.

Most if not all were fornicating with their boyfriends, but they never talked about it or shared any details.

So here we have a conundrum:  All the girls were fornicating**, but they never talked about it or shared details.  Hmmm ......... so how did Lori know they were fornicating**?  Did she read their minds? Did she see it happen?  Did she assume they must be fornicating** because they weren't good Christian girls like her? Did she overhear the boyfriends bragging?  Teenage boys have been known to brag about sex they've never ever never had.

Here again we have perfect examples of Lying Lori who lies. A lot. All. The. Time.

** I hate she uses fornicating to mean having sex. It makes sex sound filthy, disgusting, and perverse.  Which I suspect is her intent.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Who does Lori hang out with that allows her to hear women talking about penis size? 

I think she’s been watching one of “The Real Housewives” franchises.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

** I hate she uses fornicating to mean having sex. It makes sex sound filthy, disgusting, and perverse.  Which I suspect is her intent.

Only out of wedlock, of course.  Once the preacher says “I now pronounce you man and wife,” it automatically becomes beautiful and holy, and you’d better get to work fulfilling your husband’s “special need of love” and pumping out those blessings, ladies!

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 7

On 12/12/2021 at 8:54 PM, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori has now published a blog post about her shingles episode. Thank God some non-medical blogger recommended some woo homeopathic supplements which LazyLori started to take (because if they’re homeopathic, they’re completely safe, but if the CDC approves them, they’re not). 

I just had a discussion relating to this with a co-worker. His kid has severe ADHD, but he won't even consider trying medication for him. He'd rather give him catnip tea or something else "natural". He doesn't trust the "chemicals" in pharmaceuticals. He says "yeah, but that's ~NATURAL~" about catnip and my immediate response, no thinking, no filter was "yeah, so's arsenic." 

I kept explaining that the drugs we take are just the same exact chemicals that are in the plants used for many of the "very old remedies", but purified and quantified to make them safer, but he's all like "but they're chemicals!"

Water is a chemical. Everything is made of chemicals. The active ingredient in catnip is a chemical with slight sedative effects. 

But they're not "natural"!

Then he went off to smoke a cigarette while drinking a Sun Drop (think Mountain Dew but with much more caffeine)...

Same guy won't get vaccinated because "he doesn't know what's in it, and doesn't trust the government".

Also his wife is a nurse. I fear for our country.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:35 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori needs to shut up praising her grandmother who believed doctors. drugs, and demons were all the same and never ever never took any of her 7 children to the doctor. And they were all health as horses. The lady got lucky none of them broke a bone, contracted polio, diphtheria, mastoiditis, smallpox, pneumonia, etc. etc.  or anything else that needs a doctor or drugs. Of course we only know what Lori tells us. The truth could be something else.

Um, wasn't Lori's own father a pathologist? And Lori has had plenty of doctors' care for her brain tumor, including cyberknife treatments. Lori is a hypocritcal liar, but that's nothing new.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

Regarding women discussing penis sizes - when I was at my first job post-college, I had a couple of friends in my department and we were open about our personal lives, including sex.  We were joking around at lunch one day, and decided that we needed to measure our boyfriends/husbands' penises and discuss it.  So we all actually tried to measure them over the next few days, but we admitted to our partners what we were doing and they all got irritated with us.  They did not see the humor in it.  Now that I'm much older, I know better.  😉

One last thought - having a man who knows what to do with it is sooo much more important than size.  I unfortunately speak from experience.  

• Upvote 7

Lori hasn't posted on FB since Mon 12/13; Her shingles must be worse than she's admitting.

BEC but I thought her woo cured them.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

She’s been posting on the blog Every. Single. Day. Plus she’s uber-prolific on Twitter. She’s sending out Tweets well before I’m out of bed and she’s an hour behind me. I thought early mornings were for spending time with the Lord. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori hasn't posted on FB since Mon 12/13; Her shingles must be worse than she's admitting.

BEC but I thought her woo cured them.

Facebook jail. Usually she's in jail for 24 hours, but it seems this time she's there for  likely a week, maybe longer. She's posting like mad everywhere else, so I can't imagine any other explanation for her silence on FB this week. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

48 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Facebook jail. Usually she's in jail for 24 hours, but it seems this time she's there for  likely a week, maybe longer. She's posting like mad everywhere else, so I can't imagine any other explanation for her silence on FB this week. 

I feel so dumb. I thought maybe she was staying off social media because she has a new granddaughter and was helping Alyssa. The Facebook Jail makes much more sense. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

If she has shingles, should she really be around the new granddaughter?

She's likely no actual help, anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

She's likely no actual help, anyway. 

She absolutely shouldn’t. A baby who hasn’t been vaccinated against chicken pox can definitely contract the disease from someone with a live case of shingles. My pediatrician told me that many years ago, when the chicken pox vaccine didn’t exist yet. My baby was a toddler and my MIL had a bad case of shingles.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

On 12/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, Alisamer said:

Also his wife is a nurse. I fear for our country.

I don’t blame you for that. I spend a lot of time in the ER because of my job. I have on call hours to attend to mental health crises so I’m around doctors and nurses frequently. 
I’ve heard multiple nurses speak against getting the vaccine and when my company announced it’s compliance people were up in arms. Mind you I work in a large health system so that’s concerning. One of the doctors has Fox News on frequently. Let me tell you hearing Tucker Carlson run his month about nonsense at two in the morning is torture. 
Of course I’ve also heard a white nurse “jokingly” say that if all it took was a family member getting shot for her to get money from the city she probably wouldn’t mind….. something a long those lines. I’ve also had a security guard at the ER throw water in one of my psych patient’s faces because he wouldn’t wake up due to a variety of reasons. So there goes Lori’s men are so rational nonsense. 
Of course I’ve met just as many wonderful nurses who do a great job and are very kind. Many doctors are great too. 

But the reluctance to believe in Covid seems to be bad among the nurses. Kinda reminds me of Lori. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Hane said:

She absolutely shouldn’t. A baby who hasn’t been vaccinated against chicken pox can definitely contract the disease from someone with a live case of shingles. My pediatrician told me that many years ago, when the chicken pox vaccine didn’t exist yet. My baby was a toddler and my MIL had a bad case of shingles.

Hear, hear!

My then-husband got chicken pox from his mother's case of shingles, and he was one sick guy. It's no joke when you're an adult. He gave it to our young kids, and the 2-year-old had a miserable long bout of it.

His mom had a terrible time too. The continuing nerve pain blighted the last years of her life.

• Sad 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I feel so dumb. I thought maybe she was staying off social media because she has a new granddaughter and was helping Alyssa. The Facebook Jail makes much more sense. 

I'd have thought the same if she wasn't posting on her five thousand other social media accounts all week. LOL. But as @Alisamermentioned, Lori's got shingles so if Alyssa has any sense at all, she'd keep that baby far away from her. In fact, Lori has posted an oblique, passive-aggressive sort of comment (I think it was on Twitter, someone posted it on one of the anti-Lori pages on FB) about parents who don't let their children visit their grandparents:

It's cruel to not allow your parents to see your children. If you don't think your parents are good influences, still let them see your children but only with you present. Your children need to see you loving your parents, even if they're difficult to love. This is what love is.

So...I'm guessing Alyssa is not bringing her children for Christmas because of Lori's shingles and having a newborn, and the others are also not coming because they don't want to risk their own kids getting chicken pox. Especially if they, like Lori, don't believe in vaxxing their kids. It might be a very, very quiet Christmas in the senior Alexander household this year. 😏

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Well, no; but this is Lori we’re talking about, so….

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

When my MIL had shingles (a very bad case—half her back looked as if someone had poured boiling water over it), she was annoyed that I wouldn’t bring the baby over and insinuated that what I’d said about chicken pox was a fabrication.
(Her son and I split up when our baby was a year old. When he told her I’d be bringing the baby to her house in the evening on Christmas Eve because I had to work, she huffed, “NOBODY works on Christmas Eve!” Uh, when you work for a public utility company and are at the bottom of the seniority ladder, you do.)

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Hear, hear!

My then-husband got chicken pox from his mother's case of shingles, and he was one sick guy. It's no joke when you're an adult. He gave it to our young kids, and the 2-year-old had a miserable long bout of it.

His mom had a terrible time too. The continuing nerve pain blighted the last years of her life.

My cousins got chicken pox from their dad when he had shingles 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

I would not go anywhere near a medical professional who didn't "believe" in COVID. Like no fucking way. I'd immediately be suspicious of any medical advice at that time. I've already asked my mental health team where they stand and my shrink pulled out her vaxx card. 

In January, vaccines will be required at school for both faculty and student. If you can't comply then you can only take online classes. I'm thrilled about it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I would not go anywhere near a medical professional who didn't "believe" in COVID. Like no fucking way. I'd immediately be suspicious of any medical advice at that time. I've already asked my mental health team where they stand and my shrink pulled out her vaxx card. 

In January, vaccines will be required at school for both faculty and student. If you can't comply then you can only take online classes. I'm thrilled about it. 

Here in New Zealand, vaccines are mandatory for all people who work in the health sector. Doctors, nurses, midwives, even receptionists. I think there are 5000 or so who have chosen to leave their jobs rather than get the jab, but the vast majority of them were vaccinated long before it became mandated. I don't understand how a health professional can not "believe" in covid. I mean, I know they exist. But I don't understand their thinking. And because they come into contact with so many sick people, and covid is contagious before we get sick, it makes sense that the risk is minimised as much as possible by vaccinating.

It's also mandatory for people who work in hospitality and the education sector. It's not mandatory for students yet (we can't even vaccinate kids under 12 here yet, but probably early next year that will happen) but all the teaching staff and teacher aides, and I think for adult education (university etc.) 

• Upvote 9

On 12/15/2021 at 10:36 AM, Alisamer said:

Um, wasn't Lori's own father a pathologist? And Lori has had plenty of doctors' care for her brain tumor, including cyberknife treatments. Lori is a hypocritcal liar, but that's nothing new.

she is always weaving in "medicine/medical care is good for emergencies and *when you really need it*"  But who determines when/if/how you need it...It's a dangerous game. But every now and then she let is slips that she is on lifelong hormones and other meds due to her ongoing brain tumor, Ken takes a maintenance blood pressure medicine, and Ken sure needed to take a boatload of medicine and had boatload of medical intervention when he had "Lymes" disease.   I suspect they do use medical care regularly... and how do they justify a son and a son-in-law working in the medical profession? And Ken making his living in a facet of the healthcare industry? 

Once again, do as I say, not as I do. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

On 12/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, Loveday said:

It's cruel to not allow your parents to see your children. If you don't think your parents are good influences, still let them see your children but only with you present. Your children need to see you loving your parents, even if they're difficult to love. This is what love is.

Ha! Sounds like at least one of her kids sees what she actually is. 

Yes, Lori. You are a terrible influence and I'm amazed you're allowed to see any of your grandkids. They are going to grow up remembering what a nasty harridan you are, and how hateful you are.

And they'll remember.

Apparently one of my great-great-grandmothers was not a kind person. I never met her (she died in the 50's), but I know she was considered mean, because all her children, grandchildren, etc. have passed that along. Does Lori want people 70 years after she dies still knowing her family thought she was hateful? Because that gets passed down. 

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Apparently one of my great-great-grandmothers was not a kind person. I never met her (she died in the 50's), but I know she was considered mean, because all her children, grandchildren, etc. have passed that along. Does Lori want people 70 years after she dies still knowing her family thought she was hateful? Because that gets passed down. 

Based on how Lori treats others when a loved one dies (like Rachel Held Evans) she thinks it is perfectly okay to speak hatefully of the deceased to whomever will listen. If anyone chooses to follow Lori’s example when she dies, Ken and her children will get a taste of Lori’s medicine. 

• Upvote 6

On 12/17/2021 at 5:51 PM, Hane said:

Her son and I split up when our baby was a year old. When he told her I’d be bringing the baby to her house in the evening on Christmas Eve because I had to work, she huffed, “NOBODY works on Christmas Eve!” Uh, when you work for a public utility company and are at the bottom of the seniority ladder, you do.)

Or if you work in a hospital or nursing home, retail is often open late and so are food places.  Airports don't shut down and neither do truck drivers.  Gas stations are open, cows have to get fed, boarding kennels are slammed busy.  Hotels are open.   Liquor stores and drug stores are very busy.   Fire and police stations are fully staffed as are prisons and power companys.  Just, you know, the first few things I could think of.   I'm sure there are dozens more.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Or if you work in a hospital or nursing home, retail is often open late and so are food places.  Airports don't shut down and neither do truck drivers.  Gas stations are open, cows have to get fed, boarding kennels are slammed busy.  Hotels are open.   Liquor stores and drug stores are very busy.   Fire and police stations are fully staffed as are prisons and power companys.  Just, you know, the first few things I could think of.   I'm sure there are dozens more.  

Yeah. "Nobody works on Christmas Eve!" except that I'm sure she wants to be able to run out and buy whipped cream or whatever she forgot to buy. And she wants the police, ambulance, fire department, hospital, and all those people ready to help if she needs it.

I have Christmas Eve off this year, but I don't, always. If it's a weekday chances are I get off work early, but don't have the day off. And I grew up with my parents not having that day off, either. We had a dairy. Cows must be milked. Twice a day. 

To this day once it gets about 4:30 or so at a family holiday I'm about done and ready to go home. As a kid we'd leave then to go milk the cows. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter, rain, shine, snow, hurricane, healthy, sick, whatever. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic