IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

Uhhhh yeah there's a vax for shingles. Shingrix is one of them. Its a 2 shot thing. I got mine a couple of years ago. 

She's so fucking stupid. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

She's so fucking stupid. 

Especially since shingles can cause serious conditions and complications, some of them lasting. Oh, and I just learned that it's contagious.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori has shingles. Aren’t there two vaccines for that?  😆

7CB57C0F-1C7C-4B73-953F-53EB9EB10E33.png

Shingles?  I thought Lori had an immune system to keep her healthy thank you very much.  That being said, I wouldn’t wish shingles on anyone and I am surprised she hasn’t posted it on FB.  I don’t understand not getting the shingles vaxx, that’s such a painful disease.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Ken did indeed say incest was normal.

ken.png

UNbelievable. Talk about straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Shingles?  I thought Lori had an immune system to keep her healthy thank you very much.  That being said, I wouldn’t wish shingles on anyone and I am surprised she hasn’t posted it on FB.  I don’t understand not getting the shingles vaxx, that’s such a painful disease.

Especially because they're rich AF and she can afford it!

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

That being said, I wouldn’t wish shingles on anyone and I am surprised she hasn’t posted it on FB.  I don’t understand not getting the shingles vaxx, that’s such a painful disease.

especially since she has  (presumably) is vulnerable because of her brain tumor treatment/radiation.  I had shingles a few years ago. I recognized it right away and there is a medication for it. I wonder if Lori is taking the medication?  For all her big salads, einkorn bread, "grass-fed" butter and the such....she does get sick often. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Especially since shingles can cause serious conditions and complications, some of them lasting. Oh, and I just learned that it's contagious.

Yes! Many years ago, my MIL had a very bad case, and my pediatrician told me to keep my baby away because she could catch chicken pox from it. (This was before either the chicken pox or shingles vaccine.) My MIL refused to believe this was a thing.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

For all her big salads, einkorn bread, "grass-fed" butter and the such....she does get sick often. 

Aside from Door County, it’s her only source of entertainment. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

On 12/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, Fallgirl30 said:

I had shingles July of 2020 and I still have nerve pain on my thigh where it was the worst 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4

52 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I had shingles July of 2020 and I still have nerve pain on my thigh where it was the worst 

My grandmother had a 104-year-old friend who suffered horribly from post-shingles nerve pain.

• Sad 8

You will all be so glad to know that Queen Victoria despised the feminist movement. I'm grateful to Lori for sharing this timely, current, and relevant information on her blog. 😜

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

You will all be so glad to know that Queen Victoria despised the feminist movement. I'm grateful to Lori for sharing this timely, current, and relevant information on her blog. 😜

Queen Victoria had no need for feminism. She already had plenty of power.

• I Agree 10

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

I wonder if Lori is following the Josh Duggar trial?

She probably is and won’t admit it. She is interested and invested in politics yet tells her followers to only think about the "good and the lovely."  She thinks JD was setup.  Also said she’d give her take on whether Anna should stay with him if he’s convicted.  Let me guess, "Anna shouldn’t break up the family by divorcing him, it would devastate the children." 😡

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

She is interested and invested in politics yet tells her followers to only think about the "good and the lovely."

You bet she's interested. In one of her blog entries she goes all out blasting Biden and praising Trump. If that's not political, I don't know what is.

• Upvote 2

SOTDRT strikes again  (boldmg mine)

Women are no better, sometimes even worse with their premescurety.

Don't Lori's anti-education leghumper idiots see the problem?  2 generations of badly home schooled anti-education idiots will lead to a mostly illiterate group.  Is that what they want? Is education so sinful and of the devil they'd revel in and exalt illiteracy?

• Upvote 11

24 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is education so sinful and of the devil they'd revel in and exalt illiteracy?

Yes. Educated people are more likely to be able to think broadly, abstractly, and critically. Those are all bad things, to most fundamentalists. They much prefer people who do what they're told, parrot talking points they are given, and don't ask questions.

(I say most, because remember - Lori went to college. She claims not to have learned anything there - and I believe her because she's aggressively and deliberately ignorant - but she does have an education and at one time was a teacher!)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Yes. Educated people are more likely to be able to think broadly, abstractly, and critically. Those are all bad things, to most fundamentalists. They much prefer people who do what they're told, parrot talking points they are given, and don't ask questions.

(I say most, because remember - Lori went to college. She claims not to have learned anything there - and I believe her because she's aggressively and deliberately ignorant - but she does have an education and at one time was a teacher!)

Lori addresses the Josh Duggar verdict on her IG. Basically, she says to pray for them and there are no perfect parents.

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Lori addresses the Josh Duggar verdict on her IG. Basically, she says to pray for them and there are no perfect parents.

I find is absolutely astounding that she gets so worked up over women preaching or working outside the home, yet gives a pass to the likes of Josh Duggar. :disgust:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

On 12/2/2021 at 10:07 AM, Sarah92 said:

I think Anna Duggar is hardly the picture of a godly woman. She’s a fool. I work with adults and children whose parent, unfortunately often the mother, chose to stay with the abuser, molester, etc over and over again. I know the difficulties surrounding leaving but I’m talking the mothers who actively pursue romantic relationships with terrible people over their own children.  And it hurts the kids every single time. I don’t know one person I’ve talked to who benefited from their mom (or dad) staying with an asshat. I wouldn’t be surprised if those children eventually move away and never come back because what their dad is known for and their mother’s choice will stick with them for a long time. 

I didn't read comments past this so I might have missed something relevant but do you have any idea WHY women stay with their abusive husbands? I could tell you, from my own personal experience (which is only the very tip of a very large iceberg), but I'm not sure that it would make any difference to you, and the level of empathy you appear to have for these women.

ETA: Staying with a husband who is abusing the kids is different to staying with a husband who is only abusing you. It's still insanely difficult to leave, but it's easier when your kids are being hurt.

I feel desperately sorry for Anna Duggar. From what I know of that family, she wouldn't have been allowed to leave, no matter how much she may have wanted to. That kind of fundamentalist church simply wouldn't have let her. It's hard for us non-crazy-fundamentalist wives to leave abusive husbands. But Anna would never, ever have had that choice. It just wouldn't have been an option available to her, I don't think.

Edited by KDA
Adding more.
  • Upvote 2

On 12/8/2021 at 10:45 AM, ManyGoats said:

I am NOT that Queen Victoria.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

17 hours ago, KDA said:

Staying with a husband who is abusing the kids is different to staying with a husband who is only abusing you. It's still insanely difficult to leave, but it's easier when your kids are being hurt.

My father abused my mother when he was drunk.  I can't imagine that she would have had the means or help to leave him even when she knew it was damaging for my siblings and me to witness.  Fortunately he abandoned us all, never to be seen again until.... I contacted him three decades later through a private detective (no Internet back then and it was harder to find people).  I spoke to him twice as an adult and the second time he admitted that it was a good thing he left when he did before he could start abusing my siblings and me.  It was a chilling conversation, but it made me feel lucky even though our childhood had been very difficult for my mother and us financially and socially (It was the 60's).  

I'm sorry you know first hand what it's like to be in that position. I've never blamed my mother for her decisions.  She was trapped in an impossible situation. Ironically, I don't hate my father \ because I saw him as a victim of PTSD from a war that damaged 50 percent of the men who returned from it alive (WW2) and weren't given help.

I recently watched the series "Maid".  I learned a lot more about the situation of women who can't leave an abusive relationship.

Edited by Caroline
  • Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic