IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

When I got married a few years ago I personalised small cardboard boxes and filled them with a candle and handwritten card for each of my bridesmaids, asking them if they would be my bridesmaid. I gave them out in person but because I can be quite socially awkward, I knew I’d say all the reasons I was asking them to be bridesmaid better on paper than vocally. 

A few years prior, my best friend had asked me to be her bridesmaid with a handmade scrapbook full of all our favourite memories and a blank page at the end to include a photo of us at her wedding. 

I agree that Tiffany is just doing it for Instagram though. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

My sister was a young bride 20 years ago and I was her maid of honor. Not because she loved me so much. But I think because she felt like it was the right thing to do. I’m sure she would have made her best friend her maid of honor. They have been friends since they were in preschool. So in turn I made her my maid of honor. I honestly don’t care about formalities like that. But she does so I reciprocated. I was only a teenager when she got married and my sister could be quite the bridezilla at the time. She was young and dramatic. I was looking through some old stuff and found a letter she had typed out to all her bridesmaids. It was so bad. It was basically “this is my day and it’s about me.” I was so tempted to show her. But I decided against it. I know how embarrassed she gets about past bad behavior. She hates it when I mention funny stories from our childhood that include her being mean to me. She says it makes her feel bad. So if I showed her the letter, she would probably cry from extreme embarrassment. But I thought the letter was hilarious. I can’t help but wonder if Esther was a bridezilla. I got princess vibes from the photos and an obvious extreme need for attention. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

Tiffany is shilling Lawson Bates caps. At this stage I give up on her continuing her acting career or doing anything with her Masters. She’s just been sucked deeply into black hole that is Lawson’s ego.  Seriously, who do they think will buy his caps apart from his mother?

CE14BF80-6E0D-4219-B9B9-0AB85909A8DE.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 15

Bridesmaids are not a thing in my country. We do have witnesses, 2 for the bride and 2 for the groom. I asked my mom and my best friend, and I asked my other best friend to be the ring bearer (2 witnesses is also the max, so I wasn't able to ask both my besties, because I really wanted my mom as a witness as well. They understood, and bf2 was happy to be the ringbearer. My SO had the same problem, so we made his bf2 the flower man, and he did an awesome job). I just asked them in person, which is how it's usually done. 

My 2 best friends also organized my bachelorette, which I had asked them (in person), and they were with me when I got my hair and make-up done and when I got dressed. They also helped me go to the bathroom throughout the day😂. I had a huge, heavy hoop skirt, which they needed to lift so that I could use the bathroom. I asked them in advance if they would be comfortable doing this, otherwise I would have asked my mom, but they didn't mind thankfully 😂  
I think this is basically what a maid of honor would do as well, right?
Oh and I had a separate friend who was the steward/master of ceremonies (so, who kept track of time, herded people to the right building/rooms, coordinated speeches etc.).

• Upvote 10

The needing help to pee wasn’t even something I had thought of leading up to the wedding, but I really should have because I was also (fairly early on) pregnant. My dress was huge at the bottom and there is no way I could do it myself. I started to panic when I realized I needed to go, but my two best friends were like a pro team that had practiced 😂 (they hadn’t practiced but they had talked about it before hand). I was very grateful for the assistance and it ended up being a thing we laughed about. 💗

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JustEnough said:

The needing help to pee wasn’t even something I had thought of leading up to the wedding, but I really should have because I was also (fairly early on) pregnant. My dress was huge at the bottom and there is no way I could do it myself. I started to panic when I realized I needed to go, but my two best friends were like a pro team that had practiced 😂 (they hadn’t practiced but they had talked about it before hand). I was very grateful for the assistance and it ended up being a thing we laughed about. 💗

My cousin and I should have practiced. She was tipsy and I helped her with her wedding dress in the bathroom. She peed on me! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

4 hours ago, Karma said:

Tiffany is shilling Lawson Bates caps. At this stage I give up on her continuing her acting career or doing anything with her Masters. She’s just been sucked deeply into black hole that is Lawson’s ego.  Seriously, who do they think will buy his caps apart from his mother?

CE14BF80-6E0D-4219-B9B9-0AB85909A8DE.png

Seriously? That’s too much.  These people are something else.  That’s quite the ego. 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

My wedding is just going to be us with our immediate family, getting married in front of our favorite restaurant (which just happens to be a super fancy restaurant where wedding are always happening but that's a nice coincidence). No wedding party, no bachelorettes, no favors, no DJs, none of any of that type of stuff. Just give me alcohol and cake, and I'll be a happy bride. 😁

Even amongst leghumpers, who is going to want a hat that just has Lawson's name on it??! At least with shill attempts like jinger & jermy, they had basic "hope bold" on their crap. This is straight up just his name. wth. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Oh, Tiff. 

You and Lawson "were able to work together"?  He's your fiance! You sat with him in front of a  computer and plugged his initials into a design program. Then you clicked a button to put it on a hat. It's not a major creative project. 

$25? That's an awful lot for a baseball cap. What do I say when someone asks, "What's LB for?" or "Who's Lawson Bates?" 

"Ummm, he's on this reality show and he sings a little too. He's engaged and travels around. I just think he's awesome so I wear his hat."

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 18

I got engaged in 2008 and I asked my bridesmaids with a card and a photo album. I put a few pictures of us together in each album and left the rest blank for wedding/future photos.

Then for the wedding I got them all personalized tote bags and put chocolates and jewelry in it and the pashmina they wore for the wedding.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 6

I kinda get the box thing. I got engaged in 2012 and sent little wooden boxes with candy and mail polish in my wedding colors to my five ladies. Part of that was also because my future SIL was the only one in the same state as me and I figured if I had to send invites why not make them fun

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I got engaged in 2008 and I asked my bridesmaids with a card and a photo album. I put a few pictures of us together in each album and left the rest blank for wedding/future photos.

Then for the wedding I got them all personalized tote bags and put chocolates and jewelry in it and the pashmina they wore for the wedding.

Is it just me or has no one else heard the word pashmina for years? I think I forgot they even exsisted. They are scarves slash shawls kind of things for shoulders. I do remember when they were all the rage. I bet that word pops up again for me heaps again now. Maybe not warmer weather here. I feel like buddy the elf now I’m sitting here saying pashmina that’s an interesting word lol

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

21 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is it just me or has no one else heard the word pashmina for years? I think I forgot they even exsisted. They are scarves slash shawls kind of things for shoulders. I do remember when they were all the rage. I bet that word pops up again for me heaps again now. Maybe not warmer weather here. I feel like buddy the elf now I’m sitting here saying pashmina that’s an interesting word lol

They were all the rage when strapless dresses were all the rage. I am so glad strapless died out. I’m sure it will be popular again in 10 years. Pashminas aren’t as needed now that we are allowed to wear long sleeves again. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They were all the rage when strapless dresses were all the rage. I am so glad strapless died out. I’m sure it will be popular again in 10 years. Pashminas aren’t as needed now that we are allowed to wear long sleeves again. 

Wear long sleeves when you want to, who cares what the fashion is?

11 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

When it comes to weddings, you often have to go with what’s available. I got married in 2009 and looked high and low for either 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves for both my wedding gown and bridesmaid gowns. I was shit outta luck for the most part. Amazon didn’t sell as many dresses back then and the bridal shops and prom shops all had sleeveless everything. A few places had cap sleeves, spaghetti straps, and some halter tops. But no sleeves. I had to have my bridesmaid dresses made from scratch by a friend and the only wedding dress with sleeves needed to be majorly altered. I was so unhappy with my wedding dress because out of hundreds of dresses, only one had sleeves and I was stuck with it. I can’t tell you how many bridal shops I went to and asked, “do you have any wedding dresses with long sleeves?” And they gave a flat out no. I suppose if I had $25,000 to blow, I could have had some dressmaker make me a dress from scratch. But I didn’t have money like that. Not even close.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

When I got married 99% of dresses were strapless. You would have had to really search or gone custom for a long-sleeved dress, it is why we had pashminas because the church required our shoulders to be covered but all the dresses available were strapless.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When it comes to weddings, you often have to go with what’s available. I got married in 2009 and looked high and low for either 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves for both my wedding gown and bridesmaid gowns. I was shit outta luck for the most part. Amazon didn’t sell as many dresses back then and the bridal shops and prom shops all had sleeveless everything. A few places had cap sleeves, spaghetti straps, and some halter tops. But no sleeves. I had to have my bridesmaid dresses made from scratch by a friend and the only wedding dress with sleeves needed to be majorly altered. I was so unhappy with my wedding dress because out of hundreds of dresses, only one had sleeves and I was stuck with it. I can’t tell you how many bridal shops I went to and asked, “do you have any wedding dresses with long sleeves?” And they gave a flat out no. I suppose if I had $25,000 to blow, I could have had some dressmaker make me a dress from scratch. But I didn’t have money like that. Not even close.

I got married in 2010 and I agree. It was all strapless. Sleeves didn't come back until 2011 and Kate Middleton. I was fine with a strapless dress but I can only imagine how frustrating to would have been if you wreren't.

• Upvote 9

The strapless trend was terrible for winter weddings. It could be 5 degrees out and all the bridesmaids and the bride were wearing strapless dresses while all the guests and males were warmly dressed. Shawls, fur wraps, and pashminas were the answer to the freezing females. 

• Upvote 4

I go years without buying dresses and sometimes tops because I don’t like what the current fashion is and can’t find anything I like that fits in second hand shops. These days I at least have the space and machine to sew items, still don’t have the skills though. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I am so, so glad I wasn't of the age or style to get married in the early '10s when everything was strapless (or grandmotherly as the alternative) - I just got to do strapless prom instead xD now I forever associate the look with either princess-ballgowns or teenagers trying to look older than they are, haha.

I asked my bridesmaids as soon as I got engaged, even though we knew we wouldn't be getting until ~14 months later. I already knew who I wanted, and had the cards I wanted to use (the summer beforehand I was at a craft fair and stumbled upon a vendor that was selling insulting greeting cards, I immediately bought 6 for the exact purpose of bridesmaid invites xD) so I'd basically just been waiting for an appropriate time to ask 

• Love 3

Tiffany has done a post listing the things she’s thankful for - mostly what you’d expect including her ‘career’. I wonder if that is her past career in acting or she considers what she does now as a career.

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

I knew that she was getting her masters but i didn't know in what lol 

(she wrote more than that)

Spoiler

31891023_Screenshot2021-11-28at8_32_46pm.png.2585b88cb3d0b7663d9fc580aa2efac6.png

why when ppl get engaged they feel the need to shove their rings down our throats ? in every picture like okay congratulations but calm down 😬

when I was younger I remember that my grandmother ( RIP) used to say to ppl that don't close their mouths about their engagement/marriage (that even lizards get married you know that) 😂

Spoiler

231104151_Screenshot2021-11-28at8_32_27pm.thumb.png.a0f88b7b8b454f821b01817d4f935729.png

Spoiler

2085282776_Screenshot2021-11-28at8_41_53pm.png.71bca6220c0e82e54501a18c3c20465e.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

I didn't get to flash my engagement ring because I got them on our engagement party (in my country you're considered officially engaged after engagement party) and it was held a week before our wedding. No time for my friends to ooh-ing and aah-ing. But sure it felt nice when someone noticed the ring and compliment it during our honeymoon, so I get why people seems to love to show them in their social media pics every chance they get. 😂😂😂

Wait, what can you do with a master's degree in....Christian Ministries?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, arareyeah said:

I didn't get to flash my engagement ring because I got them on our engagement party (in my country you're considered officially engaged after engagement party) and it was held a week before our wedding. No time for my friends to ooh-ing and aah-ing. But sure it felt nice when someone noticed the ring and compliment it during our honeymoon, so I get why people seems to love to show them in their social media pics every chance they get. 😂😂😂

That what I was thinking about 😅 she could have done something else tbh and it will be more beneficial, but i guess she wants to follow the bates lifestyle  

11 minutes ago, arareyeah said:

Apparently what she’s going to do with it is marry a man-child and bring forth all the children God will send her.

Hopefully her studies covered how to live with/manage someone who has a massive ego and believes he is worthy of being fawned over and worshipped.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15

• Coconut Flan locked this topic