IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

Somebody upthread compared these 2 to the Vuolos and I think that’s right- they will attempt to carve out a life as professional celebrities. Lawson needed an Instagram ready wife . Everything they do will be filmed and monetised. They probably think they ought to have their own spin off series - without realising there’s absolutely no substance to either of them.

I expect Lawson will continue to cosplay and swoop in for photo opportunities in his cop/scrubs/medic corps outfits and Tiffany will simper about it on her Instagram and probably start shilling stuff to actually bring some money in.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, JDuggs said:

Because her parents could have bought the condo for her to live in and let her spend her income on something else.

This. There was an article recently about how many parents lend their adult children money for a home or buy it for them outright. It was a high percentage.

• I Agree 7

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

This. There was an article recently about how many parents lend their adult children money for a home or buy it for them outright. It was a high percentage.

Makes sense, but Tiff is an actress who must have some money banked.

• Upvote 1

Tiffany has been acting since she was a child, in various things from Nickelodeon, to Disney, to Spiderman movies. As a minor she needed an entertainment work permit to be paid, and I'm sure as the child of business owners I'd like to think they saved and invested her money - and that she has a regular manager and financial advisor to help oversee things. Now as we all know plenty of child stars let their parents handle everything and end up with nothing to show for it and a lost of mis-managed money. However she's now legally an adult which means she can oversee her own affairs. The condo in her name was likely bought with her earnings (I'm sure overseen by her parents) and likely a financial investment. Sure her religious views might be shit, but she wouldn't have survived in the acting world this long with dingleberries for parents when it came to finances. ;)

• Upvote 9

On 11/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, just_ordinary said:

But aren’t there other Queen Latifahs out there that are maybe straight or not black? If you don’t know her, no one would bat an eye. She is hardly well known, is she?

Never mind, another posted already responded in a better, more thorough way.

Edited by EmmieJ

20 hours ago, LillyP said:

Tiffany has been acting since she was a child, in various things from Nickelodeon, to Disney, to Spiderman movies. As a minor she needed an entertainment work permit to be paid, and I'm sure as the child of business owners I'd like to think they saved and invested her money - and that she has a regular manager and financial advisor to help oversee things. Now as we all know plenty of child stars let their parents handle everything and end up with nothing to show for it and a lost of mis-managed money. However she's now legally an adult which means she can oversee her own affairs. The condo in her name was likely bought with her earnings (I'm sure overseen by her parents) and likely a financial investment. Sure her religious views might be shit, but she wouldn't have survived in the acting world this long with dingleberries for parents when it came to finances. ;)

Absolutely. I'm sure Tiff has a nice nest egg. It would really surprise me if Tiffany's parents bought her a place to live, when it seems pretty clear that she can afford to buy one herself. Especially since she's been an adult for years, presumably handling her own affairs. 

All child stars have to let their parents manage things--it's not like they have a choice. A nine-year old can't legally transact business and need an adult to do so for them. A lot depends on the parents' honestly/intelligence/education. Some parents hire out this part of the job to a business manager/accountant.  In that case, the child's prosperity is dependent on the business manager's honest and intelligence, and the degree to which the parents are keeping an eye on things. 

Some kids are lucky and have responsible, honest parents/business managers. Others do not.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3

Per the Coogan Law, 15% of a child actor's gross earning have to be placed in a Coogan Trust Account which the parents cannot withdraw from. It will be interesting to see if Tiffany continues to try to work in the industry. She's done a fair amount of voice work which IMO is the real dream gig. 

When I was a little fundie kiddo, I had oodles of Adventures in Odyssey CDs and I secretly dreamed of becoming a radio voice actor lol.

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, theotherelise said:

voice work which IMO is the real dream gig. 

I agree on that. I'm no actor but even I would love voice work. 

I know we don't touch the poop but man I would love to see someone ask Lawsy if Tiffy has more money than him. Wonder how he would react to that.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Per the Coogan Law, 15% of a child actor's gross earning have to be placed in a Coogan Trust Account which the parents cannot withdraw from. It will be interesting to see if Tiffany continues to try to work in the industry. She's done a fair amount of voice work which IMO is the real dream gig. 

When I was a little fundie kiddo, I had oodles of Adventures in Odyssey CDs and I secretly dreamed of becoming a radio voice actor lol.

I would never want to be a live actor. But I wouldn’t mind being a voice actor. No one would recognize me in public (being famous would be hell for me). I wouldn't be ridiculed for my weight. I wouldn’t need hair and makeup done. It would be a dream job.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would never want to be a live actor. But I wouldn’t mind being a voice actor. No one would recognize me in public (being famous would be hell for me). I wouldn't be ridiculed for my weight. I wouldn’t need hair and makeup done. It would be a dream job.

I think it would be fun to be a voice actor. Being various cartoon characters, Disney characters, and Star Wars would be fun. 

• Upvote 6

I think it would be fun to be a voice actor. Being various cartoon characters, Disney characters, and Star Wars would be fun. 

My freshman year of college, I had someone on my dorm floor that was studying theater, her ultimate goal being a “screamer” for horror movies.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

My freshman year of college, I had someone on my dorm floor that was studying theater, her ultimate goal being a “screamer” for horror movies.

That would be fun too!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Mela99 said:

That would be harder on your voice. When I was in the plays in high school, doing certain voices for 3 days in a row for a play would kill my voice. I guess you would have to learn to scream in a way that didn’t harm your voice. 

• Upvote 4

Lawson's insta message to vets got me nettled. What a meaningless little message that he tapped out on his phone, probably between photo shoots. His veterans day message is all done for show. I doubt he was including female vets in his message. 

• Upvote 1

Is this actually a thing? Boxes with gifts and printed cards asking someone to be your bridesmaid?  Call me old fashioned, but 30 years ago when my friends and I were getting married we just *asked* them to be our bridesmaid.  It was an honour to be asked, we didn’t need gifts when being asked. Weddings are so complicated now!

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Karma said:

Is this actually a thing? Boxes with gifts and printed cards asking someone to be your bridesmaid?  Call me old fashioned, but 30 years ago when my friends and I were getting married we just *asked* them to be our bridesmaid.  It was an honour to be asked, we didn’t need gifts when being asked. Weddings are so complicated now!

It seems like a fairly recent trend, but yes, it's a thing, and not just for fundies. My wedding, 6 years ago, I just called and asked (all of my bridesmaids lived in other cities). A year later, one of my best friends got married and she sent out cute printed cards, but no gifts. Another one of my best friends was supposed to get married earlier this year (now moved to next year) and she sent a box with soaps and candles, similar to what Tiffany sent.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

59 minutes ago, Karma said:

You can't post a phone call asking to be a bridesmaid to instagram. The horror if the question is not instagrammable. Better play it safe with a box. The question has to be aesthetically pleasing after all. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

The question has to be aesthetically pleasing after all. 

And beige, as this was. So very beige.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

I’m so glad I got married in 2009 and not today. Everything surrounding weddings sounds even more exhausting than it was 12 years ago. And I was exhausted 12 years ago! I had 3 bridesmaids. My sister, my cousin, and my BFF. Just imagine having 10 bridesmaids and having to send them a special gift box asking them to be bridesmaids. It’s just so extra. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s just so extra.

"Extra" is the perfect way to describe it.

It's also pretty wasteful, too, for a generation that is concerned about the earth. I guess it's OK, because it's Tiff's wedding and therefore super-important.  It's just Other People (third world farmers, for example) who have to make changes in what they do.

• Upvote 17

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m so glad I got married in 2009 and not today. Everything surrounding weddings sounds even more exhausting than it was 12 years ago. And I was exhausted 12 years ago! I had 3 bridesmaids. My sister, my cousin, and my BFF. Just imagine having 10 bridesmaids and having to send them a special gift box asking them to be bridesmaids. It’s just so extra. 

It is exhausting, for those in the bridal party too! I'm so glad the wedding I'm in in the spring will likely be the last.  If I didn't have airline miles and hotel points to use for the wedding itself and the bachelorette party, I'd be spending probably $4,000-$5,000 to be a bridesmaid in this wedding. As it is, it will still probably be more than a grand between the dress, shoes, hair/makeup, the bachelorette party (4 days in a touristy city), the gift(s), etc. And I'm not even going to the bridal shower, which is in a third city, also across the county from me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 6

About ten years ago. I got a bottle of wine with a label will you be my maid of honour? It’s a lovely reminder I keep in my China cabinet. I’m a bit sentimental but I could live without it if it had not of happened. 
my niece just asked my daughter to be flower girl and made her little painted rocks to spell out the question and a beautiful personalised box. It was a little bit lost on my daughter at the time but she does recognise the box as the special box her big cousin made for her. 
she was flower girl (omg did so well and was so beautiful) last month and her cousin is the same time next year. The first couple just asked her (they weren’t even going to do that). They just asked me. But I asked them to ask her so she could have that memory. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic