IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

6 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I understand the issues with for profit colleges and excessive student debt, thanks. I also understand that control is certainly a plus for keeping young people at home for fundamentalists - but I’m sorry, stating that a big point of having a “real” college experience is going away, far away, to live in a dorm - and that it couldn’t have been a real course of study - because she had time to travel - when millions are working real jobs while getting their real degrees - often on-line IS classist. Or at least a very sheltered view of what college means for people. As someone who went to community college, transferred to my local University, and worked and raised kids the whole time —- and the (relatively few) people I know who graduated college had a similar path — it can be damaging when people imply that somehow that’s not as valuable or “real” as going straight to dorm and having an idealized college experience. 

You really aren’t understanding what I’m typing. I don’t know if you are doing it on purpose or what. We are talking about FUNDIES. Who are notoriously sheltered. Their lives are controlled by family, especially females. So YES going states away to college for fundie girls like Mary and Anna is an important experience. You were not sheltered! You weren’t forced to live at home until marriage! That is my point. If you are raised in a sheltered fundie environment like the Maxwells, then yes, moving to WV is for college is huge. The Bateses have the money to send some of their kids to colleges other than Crown. But nope. Only married Michael was allowed. Everyone else had to live at home and commute. So please stop with the classism bullshit. This is about control, not classism. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

56 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Edited to take out long response. Never mind. Not worth it. 

Ok I see you deleted. I think I’ve figured out your issue. You are feeling personally attacked because you think I think everyone needs to go away to college even though I never once said that. You are personally offended because you didn’t go off to college. I’ve never believed everyone needs to go off to college. That’s nuts. That’s not even close to feasible. But my statement about Tiffany going to college for new experiences like the Maxwell girls was all about fundies living in a bubble. Mainstream folks don’t live in a fundie bubble. They already live in a way to meet new people, go new places, and live a life outside of their father’s controlling home. So why would they have to go off to college to meet new people and live independently? They wouldn’t. Sarah Maxwell didn’t go to college but she did move out on her own. That’s just as great as Anna and Mary off to college in my opinion. Because she’s not living in that oppressive house any longer. 

• Upvote 16

@JermajestyDuggar, Do you think that Tiffany is the type of fundie who wasn’t permitted to go away to college by her controlling parents? I don’t get that vibe at all. I think this program was exactly what she wanted, a masters program about spreading the good news that she could do on her own time. Tiffany has been working in Hollywood all her life. I’m sure she’s been exposed to all sorts of people, but prefers to associate with her type of Christian like Bindi Irwin. This all seems to be Tiffany’s choice. This degree wouldn’t lead to any type of license, so what difference does it make? If some young woman wants to follow in Tiffany’s footsteps and get a masters at GCU, it probably will qualify her to work at a church in women’s or children’s ministries. Yeah, it’s not Jeremy’s Masters University (sarcasm), but Tiffany probably got what she wanted out of it. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

@JermajestyDuggar, Do you think that Tiffany is the type of fundie who wasn’t permitted to go away to college by her controlling parents? I don’t get that vibe at all. I think this program was exactly what she wanted, a masters program about spreading the good news that she could do on her own time. Tiffany has been working in Hollywood all her life. I’m sure she’s been exposed to all sorts of people, but prefers to associate with her type of Christian like Bindi Irwin. This all seems to be Tiffany’s choice. This degree wouldn’t lead to any type of license, so what difference does it make? If some young woman wants to follow in Tiffany’s footsteps and get a masters at GCU, it probably will qualify her to work at a church in women’s or children’s ministries. Yeah, it’s not Jeremy’s Masters University (sarcasm), but Tiffany probably got what she wanted out of it. 

Tiffany is definitely a strange one compared to a lot of fundies. But I will say that she can still be sheltered and a child actor. She was homeschooled and I doubt she associated with many of the other people in the industry except for people like Bindi (as you said). Growing up a homeschooled child actor can be isolating in its own ways. If you listen to other child actors talk, they will often say their childhood wasn’t even close to normal. I bet Tiff’s was pretty weird too. The entertainment industry can be its own kind of bubble because you may spend most of your time working or doing your homeschool work. Lawson kind of grew up on camera too so they have that in common. Tiffany definitely has more choice than a lot of other fundie girls. But she’s 22 (which is still so young) and comes off as quite sheltered. This is a big reason why I predict these two will divorce if they make it down the aisle. I think she will grow up and mature. If she was currently 30 and not 22, I don’t think she would be with Lawson right now. I think by the time she’s 30, she will have grown past him. And that’s when she will probably leave the man child behind.

• Upvote 6

I agree that Tiffany is different compared to other fundies and I can see that both homeschool and child acting can be isolating in each their own ways.    She might still be sheltered at 22 but at the same time she has had some life experiences due to the child acting that is not typical of fundie girls.  I agree that she might be OK with Lawson because that's where she's at now but somehow I don't know if she, or anyone for that matter, can live with the incessant "look at me" manchild Lawson for years on end.   It might seem cute at 22 but at 30 and a family to provide for?  Not so much. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

I agree that Tiffany is different compared to other fundies and I can see that both homeschool and child acting can be isolating in each their own ways.    She might still be sheltered at 22 but at the same time she has had some life experiences due to the child acting that is not typical of fundie girls.  I agree that she might be OK with Lawson because that's where she's at now but somehow I don't know if she, or anyone for that matter, can live with the incessant "look at me" manchild Lawson for years on end.   It might seem cute at 22 but at 30 and a family to provide for?  Not so much. 

The fact that she CHOSE Liberty U blows my mind. She could afford to go almost anywhere! And out of all those choices, she chose Liberty. I’m glad the spotlight has been on that school lately. They deserve the negative attention. The fact that she chose Liberty tells me a lot about what she thinks is important in an education. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fact that she CHOSE Liberty U blows my mind. She could afford to go almost anywhere! And out of all those choices, she chose Liberty. I’m glad the spotlight has been on that school lately. They deserve the negative attention. The fact that she chose Liberty tells me a lot about what she thinks is important in an education. 

Exactly this.   In spite of her money and her background and the options that came with all that, what Liberty offered was obviously important to her  So her priorities are still aligned along the same lines as a lot of the fundies we discuss here in spite of having what seems to be a more "worldly" background in comparison.  

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ha! You would be shocked by how many poor and working class people are scammed out of money by for profit schools! They push them to take out huge loans that they know will never be paid back! This school saw Tiffany coming a mile away. She has the money to pay for this school without loans. She could probably pay out of pocket! 

BTW we are talking about fundies here. And if you don’t think Fundies make their kids do online school so they can keep them at home and controlled, then I don’t know why you’re on FJ. Going away to college and living in a dorm isn’t as much about money for fundies than it is control. I can’t help but laugh at the classism comment. 

Trump University is a perfect example of this!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Does anyone know what Tiffany's master's degree actually entail? I've got a lot of degrees and there always seemed to be a lot of work and studying - I certainly wasn't galavanting all over the country as Tiffany and Lawson seem to have been doing for quite some time now. On top of this she always looks well rested and not at all stressed. There were quite a few moments during my education when I was haggard and stressed. I'm not sure if this is my failing or if Tiffany is brilliant or if the course work is easy. 

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Does anyone know what Tiffany's master's degree actually entail? I've got a lot of degrees and there always seemed to be a lot of work and studying - I certainly wasn't galavanting all over the country as Tiffany and Lawson seem to have been doing for quite some time now. On top of this she always looks well rested and not at all stressed. There were quite a few moments during my education when I was haggard and stressed. I'm not sure if this is my failing or if Tiffany is brilliant or if the course work is easy. 

It appears to have been a one year Master's degree. I don't know if it required passing a comprehensive exam or writing a thesis/masters paper.  And I agree, even if I had the $$ I didn't have the time when I was in graduate school to constantly travel. Maybe if I had had the money, and no expectation of a future outside of being Lawson's wifey and perhaps a half-assed influencer, I might have had a bit of time to travel because I wouldn't have needed work experience in my field as well.

• Upvote 5

I barely slept when writing my honours thesis, I can't imagine writing a Master's thesis. I definitely wasn't travelling anywhere, of course I also had 2 kids under 2.5 and my FIL was dying of cancer. 

One of my best friends is working on her PHD and manages about 4 hours of sleep between school and practicum hours and work. 

• Upvote 2

Is this not the curriculum???

image.thumb.png.7d4320663ec2cb742b4f0541c31faffd.png

It seems weird to me because it definitely seems aimed towards pastors? Or those already working in a church? But she's combining this with political science? 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, meep said:

Is this not the curriculum???

image.thumb.png.7d4320663ec2cb742b4f0541c31faffd.png

It seems weird to me because it definitely seems aimed towards pastors? Or those already working in a church? But she's combining this with political science? 

That is the curriculum and it is geared toward people who want to be pastors or work in a church. I suspect that Tiffany wants to be well-grounded in both conservative politics and religion which led her to these degrees. I’ve made this comment before and I still believe that Tiffany would like to be the next Candace Cameron Bure, acting some in “acceptable” TV movies and also acting as somewhat of a spokesperson for conservative women. She learned exactly what she wanted to know: conservative religious and political talking points. I think she plans to continue ministering through social media just like the rest of the Bates family. I think she wants to appear more cerebral than the Bates daughters, but when she’s with Lawson, she comes off as just as vapid as the rest of them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

That is the curriculum and it is geared toward people who want to be pastors or work in a church. I suspect that Tiffany wants to be well-grounded in both conservative politics and religion which led her to these degrees. I’ve made this comment before and I still believe that Tiffany would like to be the next Candace Cameron Bure, acting some in “acceptable” TV movies and also acting as somewhat of a spokesperson for conservative women. She learned exactly what she wanted to know: conservative religious and political talking points. I think she plans to continue ministering through social media just like the rest of the Bates family. I think she wants to appear more cerebral than the Bates daughters, but when she’s with Lawson, she comes off as just as vapid as the rest of them.

She might also be aiming for some Fox News  / Christian Broadcasting Network gig down the line. I can definitely see her in the Candace Bure style - Hallmark movies , a bunch of influencing $$

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

What does a person do with a degree like the one Tiffani just got? 

Use it to brag on Instagram? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

I think we can agree that Tiffany won't do jack shit with that degree (unless she breaks up with Lawson). She's going to be Instagrammable perfect young fashionable Christian wife, cheering Lawson on as he does his ridiculous missioncation work. Maybe she will dabble in some wholesome films. Maybe she will luck out into some Christian/right wing media gig, although if she really wanted to do that she should have majored in communications. Maybe she and Lawson will be able to make a few bucks shilling products, although she needs to work on producing some content other than squeeing over her guy. She and Lawson will continue to thing that their mere presence on social media is a "ministry" and a "blessing." And by this time next year, she will probably be married and expecting.

PS Speaking of "ministries" have we ever seen Tiffany doing anything for or promoting a charity, other than Lawson's stupid MedicCorps?

• Upvote 7

Did Tiffany attend the residential program at Liberty or one of the online bachelor’s programs?

Y’all have put an itch in my brain over GCU because I remember advising a prospective transfer student and there was a potential red flag on their GCU transcript. But now I can’t remember if it was an actual problem or whether I assumed national accreditation before confirming regional.

• Upvote 1

I'm just surprised that someone like her (from what I've seen anyway) who seems to enjoy the spotlight, would make these choices that have the potential to alienate her from Marvel. Do we have any indication that she's going to be involved with them anymore? That could have been a career maker for her if she had stuck with them- she's a named character in the SpiderMan movies, and could have parlayed that into being on one of the Disney+ shows or being a secondary character for quite awhile. I don't know that I could turn that down to be one in a sea of people on a cable reality tv series that probably doesn't get all that many viewers.

• Upvote 7

On 11/29/2021 at 4:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She chose Liberty U bc she doesn't want anything rigorous or secular of course xD. And to your reply to my other post - I 100% agree not all universities are the same! GCU being much more aligned with any other private or for-profit uni in that they will offer whatever it takes to make money. And call it an "education". Which is still more than say, Jinger Vuolo or Nurie Keller or even her soon-to-be-SIL Carlin, has. By very low standards. lol. 

I think by marrying Lawson, Tiff *is* stunting herself to his maximum. Rather than hers. And she chooses that, too, just like she chose christian Liberty U and online-christian GCU. It's her hill to die on, honestly, so I hope she enjoys being vapid. 

@meep how did you find that course list?!? I tried their website and didn't see anything, except the names of the programs and then them asking for my email and phone # while showing no other GCU info haha

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

For Giving Tuesday Lawson is asking for donations to his cosplaying financier, Mediccorp. 
He explains he got some underwater rescue qualifications and ‘scuba certs’.

The cynical may think Mediccorp funded a scuba diving holiday for Lawson, but I’m sure it’s all legitimate. 🙄

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

If tiff starts acting again will she have to refuse roles that have sex scenes (for her) in general? What about her kissing another man? Will she bring in Lawson and blur him in like Kirk Cameron did when he kissed his wife in the movie instead of the actress? Will marvel or a career maker film call that she will be Lawson or the movie? Will Lawson not care who she on screen snogs as long as the $$$ roll in? 

• Upvote 1

Tiffany hasn’t acted in awhile according to her credits. I wouldn’t be surprised if she gave it up entirely. And if she ever goes back, it will probably be for Pureflix or something like that. Very safe but poorly made stuff. 

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

For Giving Tuesday Lawson is asking for donations to his cosplaying financier, Mediccorp. 
He explains he got some underwater rescue qualifications and ‘scuba certs’.

So underwater cosplaying....that should be interesting.   I can see the barrage of underwater "look at me" selfies now. 

Bad enough that I would have to look for him should a tornado ever hit my neighborhood.   Two things on the list: sketchy repair contractors and Medicorp.  

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic