IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other

nelliebelle1197

How is Lawson going to outdo the parachuting into the ceremony? You know he is going to try. This will be so much more fun than guessing baby names! Note there is no official announcement yet but you know it is coming.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

They'll leave the wedding in a hot air balloon

Lawson is full of so much hot air they will have to bring plenty of sand bags to land.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 23

44 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

They'll leave the wedding in a hot air balloon

I don't think Lawson's horse is going to like riding in a a hot air balloon

• Haha 25

Well...it's official

Article:

Spoiler

https://people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-star-lawson-bates-engaged-tiffany-espensen/

Lawson Bates is headed down the aisle!

The Bringing Up Bates star, 29, is engaged to girlfriend Tiffany Espensen, PEOPLE can exclusively reveal.

"Getting to know Tiffany — her heart, her passions, and her dreams — has been the greatest joy of my life, and we have been making so many wonderful memories together over the past year," Bates tells PEOPLE of his now-fiancée.

He proposed to Espensen, 22, during the couple's trip to Italy this week. The singer-songwriter told her they were traveling there to shoot a music video for their recent duet"Crazy Love," but he decided to use the work trip as an opportunity to surprise her with a proposal.

"It has been a roller coaster of a few days so far, from our first stop at the Colosseum in Rome, to a Vespa ride through the Siena countryside, to a lovely evening dinner in San Gimignano, to a horse and carriage ride through Florence — all leading up to the main reason I'm here: asking Tiffany if she would spend the rest of her life by my side," he says.

Espensen says while she was surprised and delighted, she had started to suspect something was up.

"I knew something was suspicious when Lawson became awfully secretive with texts and planning with others. However, he still blew me away with this surprise!" she says. "To travel to Italy for any occasion is a dream, but especially for an engagement." 

Bates popped the question at the Tenta Larnianone in Siena. The Tuscan estate features multiple farmhouses, three swimming pools, 47 acres of vineyards and 22 acres of olive groves. 

"Our engagement happened right at sunset with just a few simple roses, and the serenity of the Tuscan backdrop. I was thrilled and overjoyed when she said, 'YES!'" Bates says. "We are so grateful God brought us both into each other's lives, and now we are overjoyed and excited to start preparing for our wedding and our future together."

"This country is so gorgeous, and I have no words for how excited I am to share a life with Lawson," adds Espensen. "I am so grateful for how much effort he put into this engagement, from the ring to the beautiful setting and all of the coordinated details. This will always be a wonderful memory that Lawson and I will share forever. Most importantly, we thank God that He brought us together, and we look forward to sharing a life together in marriage!" 

Bates and Espensen started dating this February. In July, Espensen shared a loving birthday tribute to him alongside a sweet photo of the pair.

"You are the happiest and funniest guy I've ever known!" the actress wrote. "I'm continually amazed every day by how talented, patient, kind, generous, and intelligent you are. I don't deserve you, yet God brought you to me as the most wonderful blessing! I hope you know how much you are loved by me and everyone else who knows you. Thank you for making my world better."

About a month later, she appeared alongside Bates in the music video for his song "The Way I See You," and the two opened up to PEOPLE at the time about the process of filming together. 

"Being able to shoot a project with my girlfriend as costar was definitely the icing on the cake!" Bates said. "Tiffany and I have been dating for a while, and every day I've spent with her I find I love her more."

He went on to describe Espensen as "such an amazing and kind-hearted person," adding, "I feel so blessed to have her in my life."

For her part, Espensen said, "Filming with Lawson was amazing! I was a little nervous when he asked me to be in the video. I've never done something like this, but he made everything so fun. Of course, he is my boyfriend, so it was pretty easy to love him, I wasn't acting that part at all. He's the sweetest guy in the world and I'm so blessed by him."

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 19

3 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

There releasing a duet "Crazy Love"

I wanted to say something funny, but all I can think is... uggghhh.

I don't see how this marriage will have any substance to it. Do they do anything besides take pics together?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

There releasing a duet "Crazy Love"

How fitting.

Hopping on the unrelated commentary wagon that I think Steve Irwin would be sick to know how things went with his zoo and his family …
  • Upvote 3

Stupid Hubs that wanted to talk. I could have been first with the News! Hrmmph.

The wedding needs to be a musical. Vows and everything as a song with Lawson climpring along on the guitar. High School Musical -esque.

• Haha 28

Well this is totally going to be another barn wedding. Lawson will sing his own song, falling on the opposite end of the cringe scale from the Josh-Anna loyalty song. I'm predicting that she'll buck modesty (by their standards) by wearing a strapless gown. And after the wedding, she'll never take another acting role again.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

Does this not look exactly like a scene out of The Bachelor finale?? Sunset staged proposal with a scenic outdoor backdrop in evening wear, red roses. It’s a direct copy!!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

My eyes are rolling so hard at those pictures that I'm beginning to worry they might get stuck...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

Y’all ready for the snark wedding of the century? You know this wedding is gonna be much more extravagant than Nesthers. 🍿:popcorn2:

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, goddefinedcalves said:

Well this is totally going to be another barn wedding. Lawson will sing his own song, falling on the opposite end of the cringe scale from the Josh-Anna loyalty song. I'm predicting that she'll buck modesty (by their standards) by wearing a strapless gown. And after the wedding, she'll never take another acting role again.

It's going to be one of those super fancy barns though. Fancier than Nathans. Lawson is going to be quite the groomzilla. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Spring wedding? Maybe June? I think it will be in California. Ceremony on a cliff. Reception at a vineyard. Dinner with grape juice pairings? 😂

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17

4 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Spring wedding? Maybe June? I think it will be in California. Ceremony on a cliff. Reception at a vineyard. Dinner with grape juice pairings? 😂

All the Bateses and family going to CA would be very expensive, maybe even cost prohibitive for some of them. 

• Upvote 3

Tiffany seems to have drunken the Bates Kool-Aid and I think she wants to be a Bates as much as she wants to marry Lawson, so it will be a wedding in Tennessee with all of his family in the wedding party, ec. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I was curious about how the extravagance level has increased over the years for the Bates' engagements. Turns out almost all of them have been destination engagements.

Erin is the only Bates who got engaged in Tennessee. ETA: 4/10 got engaged in FL (Zach, Alyssa, Katie, Nathan).

• 8/5/13 - At an inn in Kingston, TN, Cherin went on a canoe ride before getting dressed up and going on a horse and buggy ride to a gazebo where Chad had set up flowers and he proposed. (Erin was living in TN at the time, so I assume Chad was there visiting)
  • 9/12/13 - Zach surprised Whitney with a trip to Florida. He took her to get her nails done and then proposed on the beach in Smyrna Dunes Park.
  • 1/16/14 - John took Alyssa out to a beach at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and proposed then went to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse for dinner. (John was living in Florida at the time, so I assume Alyssa was there visiting)
  • 4/13/15 - Michaela thought she was surprising Brandon in DC with her parents, but really he had organized it with her parents and surprised her with a scavenger hunt leading to a proposal at Great Falls in Virginia.
  • 9/21/17 - Bobby took Tori on an out of state trip to Wiseman’s View, a scenic overlook in North Carolina which he’d covered with rose petals and candles and proposed.
  • 6/19/18 - Kelton sent Josie on a scavenger hunt that started in Knoxville, TN and ended in Arches National Park in Utah where he proposed.
  • 9/24/18 - Evan proposed on a trip to Portland, Maine on the rock beach at Portland Head Lighthouse.
  • 4/8/21 - Travis sang a song and then proposed to Katie overlooking the beach in Key West, Florida.
  • 5/24/21 - Nathan proposed in Florida at a pier after a three day “celebration of their relationship” in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and ending in Florida.
  • 10/27/21 - Lawson proposed in Tuscany Italy on a multi-day trip across Italy.

FWIW, my husband proposed on a walk in our town on a cold Tuesday evening. It was perfect :)

Edited by theotherelise
  • Upvote 23
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 4

I'm just gonna say it because nobody has yet, and I know that you all feel the same way

That came totally out of the blue! I mean, who would've seen that coming? 😄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 41

• Coconut Flan locked this topic