Jump to content
IGNORED

Lawsy & Tiffy 6: Shallow Pools, Reflecting Each Other


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

I found myself thinking of them as Lawtiff.

We tend to put Lawson's name first, because we've been talking about him longer.  Like, when one of my siblings were dating or married, we'd always say "sibling and whoever".  But when my oldest sister got married, talking to people at the wedding I realized that her husband's family referred to them as "New Husband and New Wife".  People tend to put the name of the persone they're most familiar with first.

I wonder what Tiffany's friends and family would choose as a couple name?

 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I wonder what Tiffany's friends and family would choose as a couple name?

Tiffson would work, I guess...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I found myself thinking of them as Lawtiff.

We tend to put Lawson's name first, because we've been talking about him longer.  Like, when one of my siblings were dating or married, we'd always say "sibling and whoever".  But when my oldest sister got married, talking to people at the wedding I realized that her husband's family referred to them as "New Husband and New Wife".  People tend to put the name of the persone they're most familiar with first.

I wonder what Tiffany's friends and family would choose as a couple name?

 

I was thinking La Tiff. Like “the fight.” 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is zero evidence that Lawson has a place for them to live yet, right? AFAIK the Bates have no extra rental properties (and the Paines are still renting a 2-bedroom house!) We don't know what will happen to Zach and Whit's place (which I assume is 3 bedrooms?) once they finish renovating their "farm" house.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@HereticHick so true! Where *are* they going to live??? This just had me thinking- so the smuggars have a lot of property. Seems like there’s always an empty house or trailer or warehouse for the newly married to move into. With the bates kids it’s not like that. I guess they aren’t into accumulating properties like the duggars are. Too busy spending money on the over the top everything? Like how is Lawson proposing in Rome but Erin and her family are busting at the seems in that little cottage? How in the world is money dispersed to them all?

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

 Like how is Lawson proposing in Rome but Erin and her family are busting at the seems in that little cottage? How in the world is money dispersed to them all?

Erin has FAR more expenses than Lawson. She has four dependents and lots of medical issues. That's where her money is going. Lawson has no kids, lives at home (probably for free), and appears healthy. 

If UP gives each participating Bates x dollars per show, well, Erin spends her on her children and her surgeries. I'm guessing they are also saving for a debt-free home as well. Lawson spends his on travel.

I don't see any wildly outrageous discrepancies. 

 

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

There is zero evidence that Lawson has a place for them to live yet, right? AFAIK the Bates have no extra rental properties (and the Paines are still renting a 2-bedroom house!) We don't know what will happen to Zach and Whit's place (which I assume is 3 bedrooms?) once they finish renovating their "farm" house.

They sold it. I think it was Carlin who mentioned it when asked why she didnt buy it herself. She said they got a good offer.

  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

If UP gives each participating Bates x dollars per show, well, Erin spends her on her children and her surgeries. I'm guessing they are also saving for a debt-free home as well. Lawson spends his on travel.

I don't see any wildly outrageous discrepancies. 

Lawson needs to sit his smug ass down and start saving for rent or a down payment on a house. He could earn a few $$s (per warrant served) if he was ever home to do his elected job as constable. I know he makes some $$ from his songs, but I don't have evidence that he's ever made much more than what is cost to record them (and film the videos)--and no I don't think that UP TV paid for his recording or video sessions. I guess he gets royalty checks each month from his song downloads--but do we think those checks cover much more than his cell phone bill?

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just looked up Lawson and Erin's net worth. Each are listed about 1 million dollars up to 5 million. Now who knows how reliable that is, or if they actually have access to that amount of money. I find that sum hard to believe but who knows. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure they said Lawson is frugal in the past. So I pretty much guarantee he’s got a decent amount of money saved up. Plus Tiffany comes from a well go do family. So her parents probably put every cent of the money she made acting into an account for her. Poorer parents of acting kids would use some of the money for gas money, hair cuts, new clothing, head shots, etc. that would cut into their total earnings. But since Tiffany’s parents seem to have money, she probably got every bit of that money plus she got access to her parents’ money. They probably pay for her college, housing, car insurance, health insurance, phone, etc. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I guess these people have plenty of money. They've come a long way from the Duggars coming in and building an addition on their house for them. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I just looked up Lawson and Erin's net worth. Each are listed about 1 million dollars up to 5 million. Now who knows how reliable that is, or if they actually have access to that amount of money. I find that sum hard to believe but who knows. 

Meaning you looked at their tax records? If Erin is worth between 1-5 million dollars, why is she living with her husband and 4 kids in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom rental home????

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Yeah I guess these people have plenty of money. They've come a long way from the Duggars coming in and building an addition on their house for them. 

And Lawson loaning his parents money for groceries. I’m pretty sure Lawson has never been broke a day in his adult life. I know the feeling of loaning money to your parents until payday. I was always a tightwad too. I always had money just in case. I would get stressed if I was close to broke. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Meaning you looked at their tax records? If Erin is worth between 1-5 million dollars, why is she living with her husband and 4 kids in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom rental home????

No, you can't gauge someone's net worth from tax records. The sites that do these estimates are often way off. They base numbers on things like social media followers and other unreliable sources.

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Lawson needs to sit his smug ass down and start saving for rent or a down payment on a house. He could earn a few $$s (per warrant served) if he was ever home to do his elected job as constable. I know he makes some $$ from his songs, but I don't have evidence that he's ever made much more than what is cost to record them (and film the videos)--and no I don't think that UP TV paid for his recording or video sessions. I guess he gets royalty checks each month from his song downloads--but do we think those checks cover much more than his cell phone bill?

Tiffany owns a condo in the San Diego area. She's probably still paying mortgage on it, but if she sold it she would still has a nice down payment for a house in TN. Obviously that goes against the whole "man is the provider" thing, but fundies are the poster children for "rules for thee not for me."

  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

Tiffany owns a condo in the San Diego area. She's probably still paying mortgage on it, but if she sold it she would still has a nice down payment for a house in TN. Obviously that goes against the whole "man is the provider" thing, but fundies are the poster children for "rules for thee not for me."

Interesting, thanks. Do we know if the condo is really in her name, not her parents? Either way, I guess it could also be rented out, which might cover the mortgage with a bit to spare. Rentals are cheaper in Nashville than in San Diego.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Tiffany is quite a bit younger than Lawson and she moved out of her parents house but Lawson hasn’t. It just kind of goes against the fundie standards. 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Meaning you looked at their tax records? If Erin is worth between 1-5 million dollars, why is she living with her husband and 4 kids in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom rental home????

No I just did a Google search of “Erin Paine net worth.”  Who knows if it’s accurate or not. I scratched my head at hers being so high and them living where they do too. 🤷‍♀️

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Tiffany is quite a bit younger than Lawson and she moved out of her parents house but Lawson hasn’t. It just kind of goes against the fundie standards. 

Good for her at least. But I do wonder if and when Tiffany and Lawson will notice they have different maturity levels and experiences. Now, that realization might lead to serious trouble or - in the best case scenario- they reflect and decide to grow and mature together. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are they the Kourtney Kardashian & Travis Barker of the fundie world? Literally force feeding your absurd lust down the throats of anyone who will look at you? 

I abhor Jr. High "love" splashed by adults. I find it immature, and nothing close to honest, true or deep. I guess that fits right into the thread title - if you're only as shallow as your social media & obnoxious displays of "love", you don't run deep.

I see little of these people by choice & when Carlin announced her pregnancy I about lost my lunch with the few videos I watched. i thought surely *they* were at the top of the toxic self importance scale. Instead, it appears to be a family trait.

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure they said Lawson is frugal in the past. So I pretty much guarantee he’s got a decent amount of money saved up. Plus Tiffany comes from a well go do family. So her parents probably put every cent of the money she made acting into an account for her. Poorer parents of acting kids would use some of the money for gas money, hair cuts, new clothing, head shots, etc. that would cut into their total earnings. But since Tiffany’s parents seem to have money, she probably got every bit of that money plus she got access to her parents’ money. They probably pay for her college, housing, car insurance, health insurance, phone, etc. 

Wow, these are a lot of assumptions.

Tiff's family owns a couple of businesses, true, but we don't know how those businesses do. There's evidence, discussed upthread, that they are small operations.

Even if they are "wealthy," that doesn't mean they are fair or nice people. Wealthy people can be mean and stingy, too, and are perfectly capable of making their kids pay for things. "Wealthy" doesn't automatically mean "sets up trust fund allowing child access at 18."  Just look at the history of child stars, very often the kids were paying for everything. 

I can't imagine that Tiffany, or any adult woman, has "access" to her parents' money. Do you mean that she can dip into their bank accounts whenever she wants? Or that they write her a check for whatever she wants? Seems unlikely.

Even if they are wealthy, that doesn't mean they've paid her way. Lots of wealthy people know the value of hard work and budgeting, and want to pass that on to their kids. So they are reluctant to pay for everything--they might cover tuition and housing, but not books or recreation, for example. 

"Poor" parents can also be fair and generous. They aren't automatically dipping into their children's earnings. They may want their kids to have a nest egg. They may choose a cheaper headshot, for example, but allow their kids to keep their earnings. Poor parents CAN think  "Well, it's their money since they earned it." They aren't all schnorrers.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2021 at 12:58 PM, HereticHick said:

Interesting, thanks. Do we know if the condo is really in her name, not her parents? Either way, I guess it could also be rented out, which might cover the mortgage with a bit to spare. Rentals are cheaper in Nashville than in San Diego.

It is in her name and was bought for $280,000 in 2018. I went to double check, since I didn't really pay much attention before since I wasn't convinced their relationship was a done deal. Other condos in that building are selling for around $350,000 right now, so that alone is a good chunk of change without factoring in how much of the mortgage has been paid.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2021 at 7:28 AM, LanaBanana said:

It is in her name and was bought for $280,000 in 2018. I went to double check, since I didn't really pay much attention before since I wasn't convinced their relationship was a done deal. Other condos in that building are selling for around $350,000 right now, so that alone is a good chunk of change without factoring in how much of the mortgage has been paid.

If she has earned money as an actress, of course it would be in her name. I can't see why her parents would be involved.

  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

If she has earned money as an actress, of course it would be in her name. I can't see why her parents would be involved.

Because her parents could have bought the condo for her to live in and let her spend her income on something else.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.