IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

No more TV money to pay for these weddings - Hannah and her family seem a bit more stylish and out together than the Duggars (not a high bar), so I’m hoping for tasteful without any grand gestures or cringeworthy pranks.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Idlewild said:

No more TV money to pay for these weddings - Hannah and her family seem a bit more stylish and out together than the Duggars (not a high bar), so I’m hoping for tasteful without any grand gestures or cringeworthy pranks.

I don't know much about her family. Does that mean no ice cream in the parking lot?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Bachelorette party. All the Wissmann ladies dressed up for the prom they never got to attend. : )

image.png.3fa5957d60c84ca03417b23906296ba6.png

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Bachelorette party. All the Wissmann ladies dressed up for the prom they never got to attend. : )

Isn’t it sad? They grab one of their many old bridesmaid dresses out of their closet and play dress up for a day. It’s too bad they just couldn’t go to an actual prom when they were teens. Now they have pretend prom when some are almost 40.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Well if that ain't the epitome of freaking fundie calender pin up pic I don't know what is   

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

9 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm clearly out of the fundie loop. I don't recognize a single lady in that picture. 

All Wissmanns. Some are biological Wissmann daughters and the others married into the Wissmann family. 

Michelle, Abby, Rachel, Ruth, Kori, Hannah, Beth, Susannah, Alaythia, Charissa, Elizabeth.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 17

Are those really bridesmaids dresses because for normal people I think bar hopping in all your various bridesmaids dresses is a hilarious and fun idea. This is just kind of sad

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

24 minutes ago, Grace said:

Are those really bridesmaids dresses because for normal people I think bar hopping in all your various bridesmaids dresses is a hilarious and fun idea. This is just kind of sad

I don’t think it’s sad, might as well get some use out of the bridesmaid dresses, so they are not just hanging in the closet, never being used. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Fundie 27 dresses 

Bridesmaid 4 times 

Never ever wore the dresses again  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I have to say all of those dresses are gorgeous. I think it's kind of nice they got to wear them again. 

• Upvote 12

I am always surprised to see those long, extremely dressy bridesmaid dresses with Fundies. I mean if you need 1-3 in your life that’s one thing, but some are in several wedding parties almost every year. Especially as those dresses are really often worn only once. Are they second hand? Do they resell them? Because even if you buy cheap quality it still adds up and you can’t really wear them to many occasions afterwards. Not to speak about how wasteful it is. I mean, maybe for a very lavish date night, going to the opera or Christmas? Or can you re-wear them as a normal guest at weddings? But it seems if you are not part of the wedding party those Fundies wear more or less their normal clothes. So please, does anybody know- what happens to those dresses, especially if someone ends up with 5+.
I know there are cultural differences, but less formal and/or knee length dresses have so much more potential to be worn again every day later. You would think that people go for more sensible choices? Especially as the “money is no question” lifestyle is pretty much not the reality for most people. And you can definitely get very beautiful and sophisticated pictures with other types of dresses- IF that is really such an important thing about your wedding (sometimes it feels people only marry for the photo op).

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I am always surprised to see those long, extremely dressy bridesmaid dresses with Fundies. I mean if you need 1-3 in your life that’s one thing, but some are in several wedding parties almost every year. Especially as those dresses are really often worn only once. Are they second hand? Do they resell them? Because even if you buy cheap quality it still adds up and you can’t really wear them to many occasions afterwards. Not to speak about how wasteful it is. I mean, maybe for a very lavish date night, going to the opera or Christmas? Or can you re-wear them as a normal guest at weddings? But it seems if you are not part of the wedding party those Fundies wear more or less their normal clothes. So please, does anybody know- what happens to those dresses, especially if someone ends up with 5+.
I know there are cultural differences, but less formal and/or knee length dresses have so much more potential to be worn again every day later. You would think that people go for more sensible choices? Especially as the “money is no question” lifestyle is pretty much not the reality for most people. And you can definitely get very beautiful and sophisticated pictures with other types of dresses- IF that is really such an important thing about your wedding (sometimes it feels people only marry for the photo op).

When they go with the lovely and very re-wearable dresses, they get ripped apart for having cheap, tacky dresses. Honestly, fundie or not, it seems people can’t win when they share photos of their wedding. Somebody is always ready to have a go at it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I don’t think it’s sad, might as well get some use out of the bridesmaid dresses, so they are not just hanging in the closet, never being used. 

I had a friend attend a bachelorette whose dress code was "They always said you would wear the dress again..." All attendees in old bridesmaid dresses and if they gave them away, picked up one at Goodwill. I thought it was a fun theme and really, you never wear them again and  it made the party both easy to spot and fun to be around (apparently there was a set of matching dresses from the same wedding).

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

You're probably right and I'm just a crank sometimes 😁

• Upvote 2

Hannah had her second bridal shower, the one from the Duggar side and it looks like a brunch theme with waffles and toppings and some kind of breakfast casserole and it actually looked really good. 

• Thank You 4

On 3/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, HereticHick said:

I think it’s cute. There are plenty of bachelorette parties were women bar hop in matching tshirts or tiaras. I see nothing wrong with the dresses. There’s plenty about these people to object to, the dresses seem fine.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 3/3/2022 at 8:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isn’t it sad? They grab one of their many old bridesmaid dresses out of their closet and play dress up for a day. It’s too bad they just couldn’t go to an actual prom when they were teens. Now they have pretend prom when some are almost 40.

The funniest part to me is that there are repeats, making it patently obvious that they are recycled bridesmaids dresses.

• Upvote 4

On 3/5/2022 at 2:05 AM, just_ordinary said:

I've stated it multiple times on the Bates threads--I've never understood why these fundy maidens who are allegedly being trained to be holy housewives don't alter their bridesmaid dresses afterwards to something more suitable for wearing as wedding guests. Not all dresses can be altered but some can--raise the hem, change out the belt, etc. In the Wissmans picture, the navy blue and dark green dresses especially look like they would work as midi-length dresses.

• Upvote 7

On 3/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, Grace said:

I worked as a camp counselor for 4 years, and one of our many traditions at camp was the formal bowling night. One friday after the kids had left, all the counselors would go to the local bowling alley and be dressed up to the nines. A lot of us girls would re-wear our prom dress (granted, back then, most often our prom was maybe a few month to a few years ago,max). It was a way to wear it one more time, but at the same time be able to be silly, wearing ugly bowling shoes, having a few drinks, bowling in big dresses and having just an hilariously good time.

So I can see it being a fun bachelorette night for sure (for non-fundies at least).

• Upvote 10

On 3/5/2022 at 12:52 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

When they go with the lovely and very re-wearable dresses, they get ripped apart for having cheap, tacky dresses. Honestly, fundie or not, it seems people can’t win when they share photos of their wedding. Somebody is always ready to have a go at it. 

Still love Jessa's bridesmaid dresses and those things are REVILED around here.

I love salmon as a color, and while the flare thing in the middle of the bodice is weird, the dresses are still fine overall.

Jill's would have been fine and become part of my regular wardrobe minus the extenders that she forced Jana to sew on at the last minute.

• Upvote 2

I think it‘s a good way to rewear your bridesmaids dresses. They are pretty so why not wear it?

Pronovias has a cool new concept with one of their wedding dress lines: If you buy a wedding dress from that line they‘ll alter it afterwards for free into a cocktail dress. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, Smash! said:

I think it‘s a good way to rewear your bridesmaids dresses. They are pretty so why not wear it?

Pronovias has a cool new concept with one of their wedding dress lines: If you buy a wedding dress from that line they‘ll alter it afterwards for free into a cocktail dress. 

Usually I'm so practical, but after a picture went viral of a woman watching William and Kate get married while wearing her own wedding dress (much akin to a guy wearing a jersey during a football game) I'm determined to keep my future wedding dress and actually wear it again as appropriate.

The other ritual I love is the women around here that have mentioned wearing their wedding dresses each year on their anniversary to putter around and clean the house. Definitely will do that.

• Haha 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic