IGNORED

Erin & Chad 8: Hasbro Paine, Cleveland Paine, Labour Paine

nelliebelle1197

I suspect my daughter will be ready for a lofted bed before 6.  I let her climb as much as she wants, since I can't really stop her anyway. Might as well let her get strong.  I let her fall a little, too, if she's doing something like climbing on the dog kennel just so she respects the consequence.  It drives my husband bonkers, but I tell him that she doesn't know running over her toe with the rocking horse will hurt til she does it and she doesn't know that falling hurts til she does it.  Might as well get it over with early.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Didn’t Tori and Bobby buy Zac and Whitney’s old house? Is this that house? Or am I mistaken? 

They bought a house very close to Zach & Whitney’s old house. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Didn’t Tori and Bobby buy Zac and Whitney’s old house? Is this that house? Or am I mistaken? 

I don't think they bought their house. I thought they bought a house in the same neighborhood close by

18 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

They bought a house very close to Zach & Whitney’s old house. 

That’s right, I got it wrong.

19 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I suspect my daughter will be ready for a lofted bed before 6.  I let her climb as much as she wants, since I can't really stop her anyway. Might as well let her get strong.  I let her fall a little, too, if she's doing something like climbing on the dog kennel just so she respects the consequence.  It drives my husband bonkers, but I tell him that she doesn't know running over her toe with the rocking horse will hurt til she does it and she doesn't know that falling hurts til she does it.  Might as well get it over with early.

My legs are still covered in bruises to this day and I'm in my 30s 😂

When I was a kid my mom was never concerned about it and so now I'm still not concerned about it. I try to avoid causing any harm to anyone else/objects, but if it's just me that's gonna get a bruise, I don't care.

Y'all think I'm crazy for still wearing nylons or capris with any skirt/dress, but... That would be why, lol, my legs still look like I'm an eight-year-old.

• Upvote 1

The Paines bought and are renovating a motor home. From what was shown, there is not much room to accommodate 5 kids. Hope they aren’t thinking about moving into it. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Paines bought and are renovating a motor home. From what was shown, there is not much room to accommodate 5 kids. Hope they aren’t thinking about moving into it. 

I bet they are flipping it for money. 

It’s a trailer or fifth wheel not an RV. I thought it was odd that it originally had a twin bed that Chad converted to a full size bed. Erin was gushing about their upcoming camping trip. I’m curious as to where the kids will sleep. Their bed is not big enough to accommodate the baby. 

• Upvote 4

It is small for a family of 7. My guess is that they will use it this summer and Erin will realize it’s too small. They will sell it for a profit and buy a bigger one they will fix up. 

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is small for a family of 7. My guess is that they will use it this summer and Erin will realize it’s too small. They will sell it for a profit and buy a bigger one they will fix up. 

They need to work on getting a bigger house to live in. They have 7 people in house that's too small. Time to stop worrying about campers and vacations and move some place bigger.

• Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They need to work on getting a bigger house to live in. They have 7 people in house that's too small. Time to stop worrying about campers and vacations and move some place bigger.

Oh I agree. Too bad he won’t flip the thing immediately to have some money for a down payment on a new house. 

• Upvote 4

Wait, they got a camper when they are crammed into that small house?  Talked about messed up priorities. 

I predict they will make just one trip with it and then it will be gone. 

• Upvote 9

If they stay in de RV on the driveway, the kids can take their room 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

I think that Erin Ioves her romantic cottage and will juggle their belongings to fit the storage space they have managed to squeeze in for the foreseeable future.  I also think that she enjoys living all very close together. This is manageable atm while they have such young children but will start to be more difficult as the children grow up and want a little more separation from their parents. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

They had gotten that trailer months ago with the plan of fixing it up and then taking a trip in it.  For their house they have probably backed themselves into some sort of real estate corner where they can't afford to move to where they want to and staying where they are leaves them extra money in their budget to do the fun things they couldn't do if they moved.  

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

They had gotten that trailer months ago with the plan of fixing it up and then taking a trip in it.  For their house they have probably backed themselves into some sort of real estate corner where they can't afford to move to where they want to and staying where they are leaves them extra money in their budget to do the fun things they couldn't do if they moved.  

If they can’t move, then they need to buy that house outright and create an addition. There’s enough land for an addition. They really need to make a decision. 

They could also buy a large shed and use it for a homeschooling space. I have no idea how they will homeschool these kids in 3 years when they have 4 children to homeschool. Where will they do that? There isn’t enough room in the living room, kitchen, or bedroom for all 4. Will she have to spread them all out? One kid in each bedroom, one kid in the kitchen, and one in the living room? With the littlest just wondering around. Then Erin would have to go room to room helping each one with their work. What a real pain in the ass that would be. 

• Upvote 3

How much could their rental be worth - ballpark? I'm from Australia where the average home is $600k. I doubt their little cottage is worth that much. Surely they have enough for a down payment or something to buy the home?

8 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

How much could their rental be worth - ballpark? I'm from Australia where the average home is $600k. I doubt their little cottage is worth that much. Surely they have enough for a down payment or something to buy the home?

Here's some houses for sale near them: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Powell_TN/price-na-250000

• Thank You 4

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they can’t move, then they need to buy that house outright and create an addition. There’s enough land for an addition. They really need to make a decision. 

They could also buy a large shed and use it for a homeschooling space. I have no idea how they will homeschool these kids in 3 years when they have 4 children to homeschool. Where will they do that? There isn’t enough room in the living room, kitchen, or bedroom for all 4. Will she have to spread them all out? One kid in each bedroom, one kid in the kitchen, and one in the living room? With the littlest just wondering around. Then Erin would have to go room to room helping each one with their work. What a real pain in the ass that would be. 

They can only buy if the owner is willing to let it go though. It has a good size, so I assume it’s not exactly hard to rent out and they have done tons of renovations. If I would own it, I wouldn’t let it go. I would wait another 2-3 years till I end the renting contract to rent it out for a higher amount to a smaller family/couple.

• Upvote 3

On 4/2/2022 at 6:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I agree. Too bad he won’t flip the thing immediately to have some money for a down payment on a new house. 

Chad doesn't believe in debt. They are waiting till they have the purchase price for a house (or construction).

I don't really see the big deal about the house. I doubt the kids find the house crowded, and if Chad and Erin don't mind, who cares? 

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have no idea how they will homeschool these kids in 3 years when they have 4 children to homeschool. Where will they do that? There isn’t enough room in the living room, kitchen, or bedroom for all 4. Will she have to spread them all out? One kid in each bedroom, one kid in the kitchen, and one in the living room? With the littlest just wondering around. Then Erin would have to go room to room helping each one with their work. What a real pain in the ass that would be. 

Lots of fundies homeschool this way. When "school" is a workbook, the child can study anywhere. It's considered one of the pros of homeschooling--you can do it wherever.

I'm not sure why it's so great for a mom to have everyone at a table, but so terrible to have a child in different rooms. I'd think it would be quieter and easier to concentrate to take my workbook off to my parents' bedroom (as opposed to sitting at a table with all my younger siblings).

Since they use Abeka, Erin'll have to get a device for each kid over five, but other than that, having them spread out is not a huge problem. There are lots of ways to learn.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Chad doesn't believe in debt. They are waiting till they have the purchase price for a house (or construction).

I don't really see the big deal about the house. I doubt the kids find the house crowded, and if Chad and Erin don't mind, who cares? 

Lots of fundies homeschool this way. When "school" is a workbook, the child can study anywhere. It's considered one of the pros of homeschooling--you can do it wherever.

I'm not sure why it's so great for a mom to have everyone at a table, but so terrible to have a child in different rooms. I'd think it would be quieter and easier to concentrate to take my workbook off to my parents' bedroom (as opposed to sitting at a table with all my younger siblings).

Since they use Abeka, Erin'll have to get a device for each kid over five, but other than that, having them spread out is not a huge problem. There are lots of ways to learn.

If the kids have trouble concentrating, they might need more "prompting". When I was a kid and teen, and I had to work at something I was not super interested in, I would need more "prompting", eg. having someone there to make sure I stayed on task, point at the book, remind me what I was doing. Little kids won't be able to concentrate for long, and might not stay on task if they are sat alone in a room. Most 5 year olds wouldn't. 

• Upvote 3

Late to this conversation but my five and three year olds use a bunk bend, and we put my three year old up top. Neither of them has ever tried to jump off. We’ve had it a year, my three yo is almost four now. My almost 2 yo daughter climbs up there when we are all in there, she’s never tried to climb off. We got them the kind with steps and a built in dresser under the steps. I was going to pay full price but got lucky and found one on fb marketplace. It’s a beast of a piece of furniture. Double full bunk bed and my husband reinforced the top bunk so it can take the shenanigans of two wild boys. It’s like the type of thing that if the kids don’t want it anymore you offer they switch rooms rather than try to move it. 😂 Hoping because they’re both full beds they’ll both be able to use it indefinitely. If not one kid can just keep the lofted bed and I’ll remove the bottom mattress and stick a desk under there or something. 

B58DAD6F-7691-421A-839B-63AEB0480488.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Late to this conversation but my five and three year olds use a bunk bend, and we put my three year old up top. Neither of them has ever tried to jump off. We’ve had it a year, my three yo is almost four now. My almost 2 yo daughter climbs up there when we are all in there, she’s never tried to climb off. We got them the kind with steps and a built in dresser under the steps. I was going to pay full price but got lucky and found one on fb marketplace. It’s a beast of a piece of furniture. Double full bunk bed and my husband reinforced the top bunk so it can take the shenanigans of two wild boys. It’s like the type of thing that if the kids don’t want it anymore you offer they switch rooms rather than try to move it. 😂 Hoping because they’re both full beds they’ll both be able to use it indefinitely. If not one kid can just keep the lofted bed and I’ll remove the bottom mattress and stick a desk under there or something. 

B58DAD6F-7691-421A-839B-63AEB0480488.jpeg

Can’t believe your baby is already 2!

• Upvote 3

On 4/5/2022 at 12:44 AM, SorenaJ said:

If the kids have trouble concentrating, they might need more "prompting". When I was a kid and teen, and I had to work at something I was not super interested in, I would need more "prompting", eg. having someone there to make sure I stayed on task, point at the book, remind me what I was doing. Little kids won't be able to concentrate for long, and might not stay on task if they are sat alone in a room. Most 5 year olds wouldn't. 

I agree, and I'm not saying that home is ideal. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world. Those kids are pretty young (Carson is six?) and if they fall a bit behind now they have time to catch up. 

Based on age, Carson should be in first grade right now and Brooklyn in kindergarten. Everly is preschool age. It won’t be long before she has 4 doing school work each day. 

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic