IGNORED

Pearls 2: Michael, Shoshanna, et al

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Another update from Shalom:

H4Ctreatments.thumb.png.bd7fceb4243b79c25f15defda21f34db.png

Cancer hates light, sound, heat & oxygen? Removing all his metal fillings? OMG. 

At least removing infected wisdom teeth and using blood thinners + steroids might be beneficial although I can't see having major dental work done in the middle of an alleged cancer treatment.

It so sad. 

The steroids are just to make him feel better while they waste his time and push more woo on them. Like a placebo. See it’s working! You are feeling better!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

A "biological dentist" WTAF. 

Seriously it is almost painful to read this, because it is so terribly wrong, and will do almost nothing (the steroids and blood thinners, and whatever immunosuppressive drug she's not naming probably will have effects) except give him the feeling that he's doing something and a lighter wallet. If he was doing this in addition to available treatment I'd roll my eyes at it, but honestly he'd be better off taking a family trip to Hawaii. At least the kids would be there too.

Sitting on an artery though... this is not the clinic I would want to be at. I'm wondering if they were told there were no possible treatments due to tumour location and this is a last ditch effort, or whether they just headed straight for this. Either way I feel really sorry for all of them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

If they're adding on allopathic meds to all of his expensive pseudo treatment they must be getting desperate. So yeah, instead of taking an epic final family vacation let's spend our time in a strange place. I hope his children have been able to see him! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer 25 years ago, a nurse practitioner told me that cancer is a yang disease and it requires a yang treatment -- in my case it was still localized so serious surgery was the cure, but chemo and radiation if it had been needed.  

There won't be a happy outcome here, I don't think. When there's pressure on an artery that supplies heart and brain -- I can't even.    I'll say this.  People with terminal cancer often undergo the ravages of aggressive chemo/radiation in hopes of living just a few months more, especially younger people with young children.  BUT, if this gives these folks peace of mind and their loved one isn't ravaged by aggressive treatment...it may be the best option for them.

I've done end of life hospice care for two elderly family members who decided not to undergo additional treatment after surgery removed the bulk of their respective terminal cancers.  One lived indepently four more years with a very good quality of life and was doing the New York Times cross word puzzle the day before she passed. The other, with an extremely aggressive type of cancer, died within six months.  For both, it was the right choice. 

One more thing.  I've also known several younger people who continued working through chemo and radiation treatments. Their cancer was not terminal; the chemo and radiation were to make sure that any little cancer cell that may have escaped didn't stand a chance.  They were very tired, but just kept on keeping on, so treatment for some cancers isn't as debilitating as it has been in the past. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

Cancer treatments seem to be getting better very slowly. Treatments are better than 30 years ago, but it seems like it’s slow going. Therefore I’m hoping that the majority of cancers are considered treatable by the time I’m old and gray. I will look forward to living in a time where that’s possible.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Howl said:

BUT, if this gives these folks peace of mind and their loved one isn't ravaged by aggressive treatment...it may be the best option for them.

My issue (and anger) here remains directed at the clinic - to me it is unethical to claim that your treatment protocol will reduce or cure the disease without any evidence whatsoever. Yes there is an element of caveat emptor, and hope is a powerful drug to be selling, but pulling out wisdom teeth, taking out fillings - this will do literally nothing for the cancer except allow it to continue to grow while time they could have spent with family, or sorting out affairs or (why not) praying full time for a divine intervention passes. I don't think this will bring peace of mind either in the long term to be honest, particularly if they return to the US and end up needing palliative care (although given the tumour location it sounds like it may cause a catastrophic event, which will at least likely be quick.) I hope the kids are at least there while they're at this clinic.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Posted (edited)

The clinic costs $35,000 for their initial stay and another $15,000 for the additional time. And it's allopathic medicine they think is a scam?!

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

I looked up 2b lymphoma (from her post) https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/about-lymphoma-tests-diagnosis-and-staging/stages-lymphoma

Another article says stage 4 is the death sentence. 2b is treatable with good odds of still being here in 5 years. But they choose woo. 

And I am not shocked the "doctor" upsold them to more treatments. 

I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Like others have said I use some alternative medicine (massage, chiro, melatonin, etc.) But I also use pharmaceuticals for my asthma and BP, surgery (knee and gall bladder). Maybe I should have used light and sound for my gall stones. 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I looked up 2b lymphoma (from her post) https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/about-lymphoma-tests-diagnosis-and-staging/stages-lymphoma

Another article says stage 4 is the death sentence. 2b is treatable with good odds of still being here in 5 years. But they choose woo. 

And I am not shocked the "doctor" upsold them to more treatments. 

I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Like others have said I use some alternative medicine (massage, chiro, melatonin, etc.) But I also use pharmaceuticals for my asthma and BP, surgery (knee and gall bladder). Maybe I should have used light and sound for my gall stones. 🙄

Anna Maxwell did a combo of traditional medicine and woo to treat her breast cancer. Which is fine in my opinion as long as the woo doesn’t interfere. Too bad they didn’t take that route. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

On 5/4/2024 at 10:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She actually seems to have a lovely home. She is just attention seeking and obnoxious so she washes her hair and shaves in the creek. Btw her kids are constantly playing in that creek and I’m sure it’s not that clean.

If my hubby found me washing my hair in the local creek he would seek medical attention for me immediately. Unfortunately, many waterways are contaminated to the point they should not have contact with human skin, especially the face. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Maybe I should have used light and sound for my gall stones. 🙄

Speaking of vibrations, lithotrypsy for the win!  "Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is a nonsurgical alternative to manage gallstones."

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Speaking of vibrations, lithotrypsy for the win!  "Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) is a nonsurgical alternative to manage gallstones."

I had my gallbladder removed at 13. There was no way I was going to manage that shot for the rest of my life. I was like, nope. Let’s get rid of that little fucker.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had my gallbladder removed at 13. There was no way I was going to manage that shot for the rest of my life. I was like, nope. Let’s get rid of that little fucker.

Same here. I don't recall being given a non-surgical option but if they'd offered me one I'd have demanded surgery. (There's a good chance I was already demanding surgery by that point. I was on so much pain killer I'm shocked I was allowed to sign my own consent forms, lol)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Whatever you say 🙄

CE41B7D7-8F34-4006-8FF0-D2CFA33749DE.jpeg

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whatever you say 🙄

This woman is not ok. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

My issue (and anger) here remains directed at the clinic - to me it is unethical to claim that your treatment protocol will reduce or cure the disease without any evidence whatsoever. Yes there is an element of caveat emptor, and hope is a powerful drug to be selling, but pulling out wisdom teeth, taking out fillings - this will do literally nothing for the cancer except allow it to continue to grow while time they could have spent with family, or sorting out affairs or (why not) praying full time for a divine intervention passes.

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

The clinic costs $35,000 for their initial stay and another $15,000 for the additional time. And it's allopathic medicine they think is a scam?!

All of the above. The "clinic" is an obvious scam. The only positive results seem to be making him feel good while eating some nice food but he could do all of that at home and for a lot less money plus be with family & friends. Pulling infected wisdom teeth? Removing/replacing metal filling? Who on earth recommends doing such things to a person who is seriously ill with cancer? This "clinic" is nothing but a quack magnet.

This is a terrible situation for them. As Iʻve said, it may be that they just cannot afford conventional treatments but, OTOH, they could probably have raised & spent the same amounts so that something truly beneficial might be done, even if it's hospice or palliative care measures. To throw away so much money and TIME on a bunch of charlatans is heartbreaking. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

As Iʻve said, it may be that they just cannot afford conventional treatments

There are major hospitals, like MD Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston, TX that offer cutting edge + proven treatment, no-cost care for patients who cannot afford it.  This is where what's his name took his dying son after "alternative" treatments were not effective against his very aggressive cancer. 

MD Anderson is on the way to Mexico. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

There are major hospitals, like MD Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston, TX that offer cutting edge + proven treatment, no-cost care for patients who cannot afford it.  This is where what's his name took his dying son after "alternative" treatments were not effective against his very aggressive cancer. 

MD Anderson is on the way to Mexico. 

It’s where Rusty took Jeremiah. But it was too late. It would not surprise me if Shalom does that same thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s where Rusty took Jeremiah. But it was too late. It would not surprise me if Shalom does that same thing. 

As much as I despise the Pearls due to their absolute horrendous teachings, this is truly heartbreaking and I can't help but feel very sorry for Shalom and her husband and children. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Giraffe said:

This woman is not ok. 

It makes me laugh that not being allergic to something is her flex.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whatever you say 🙄

Whenever someone says microbiome, I think of the JA book "Fuzzy Mud" by Sachar

• Upvote 1

Shalom is an Emerald-level Plexus distributor - do you suppose that scam clinic allows her husband to keep drinking the swill while undergoing treatment?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

It makes me laugh that not being allergic to something is her flex.

It always makes me laugh when people brag about things they have no control of. It’s not an accomplishment. I don’t react to mosquito bites. I never have. Not even redness. Should I brag about that? I inherited it from my dad. He doesn’t react either. It’s not an accomplishment. It’s like neo nazis bragging about their whiteness. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

13 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

All of the above. The "clinic" is an obvious scam. The only positive results seem to be making him feel good while eating some nice food but he could do all of that at home and for a lot less money plus be with family & friends. Pulling infected wisdom teeth? Removing/replacing metal filling? Who on earth recommends doing such things to a person who is seriously ill with cancer? This "clinic" is nothing but a quack magnet.

This is a terrible situation for them. As Iʻve said, it may be that they just cannot afford conventional treatments but, OTOH, they could probably have raised & spent the same amounts so that something truly beneficial might be done, even if it's hospice or palliative care measures. To throw away so much money and TIME on a bunch of charlatans is heartbreaking. 

Removing an infected tooth is the only thing that makes sense here. Having that tooth stay where it was would be a major risk for sepsis down the road, esp in a person with cancer. Before the age of antibiotics, infected teeth lead to a lot of people dieing from it.

Are Shalom and her husband the ones who lived years ago in the middle of the desert in a trailer without running water and electricity while having a lot of little kids and fighting the local tribe over water rights? I read her story years ago and nearly got whiplash from all the head shaking.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Are Shalom and her husband the ones who lived years ago in the middle of the desert in a trailer without running water and electricity while having a lot of little kids and fighting the local tribe over water rights? I read her story years ago and nearly got whiplash from all the head shaking.

No, to my knowledge, that was Shalom's sister Rebecca Pearl Anast. She really seems to live an inconceivably miserable life. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3