IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

I feel like when you have nothing else to offer, you write a crappy children’s book. (I am looking at you Meghan Markle.) It’s as though people believe they are immune to criticism if they do something pertaining to children. What could this book be about? Learning to be a meek girl who learns to take care of her siblings in hopes of growing up to be a meek, subservient wife like Mommy? How to grift for your family so you don’t have to have a real job? How to appear mainstream based on what you wear even though you have hateful beliefs? What could they possibly write about that is going to take the literary world by storm? It’s not as though their vanity book lit the world on fire. 

• Upvote 26
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

So many celebrities are writing children’s books - I assume there’s money in it for little effort. Considering Jinger didn’t read books until she married Jeremy and this is written in verse, I imagine it’s shite but it’s wrapped up as Christian, so the usual humpers will buy it.

• Upvote 21

LMAO- JInger posing on a rock, while rocking her Harvard sweatshirt. A girl raised in an anti-education family, and who barely graduated from grammar school, wearing a Harvard sweatshirt to promote her children’s book. Jeremy is wearing off on her.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 24
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

I just realized that using Bright in the title helps them write their little book in "verse." Think of all the words that rhyme. 

Doesn't make it RIGHT. 😁

And shit like this is why I see college students who can't write coherent sentences. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Many years ago the BBC did a biography of Beatrix Potter. Her publisher tried to persuade her to rewrite her stories in verse because ‘children adore verse’. Fortunately she ignored him. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Many years ago the BBC did a biography of Beatrix Potter. Her publisher tried to persuade her to rewrite her stories in verse because ‘children adore verse’. Fortunately she ignored him. 

Good for her. 

• Upvote 6

I think most of the fundies we discuss on FJ are unschooled. True education leads to curiosity and questioning, all things that are discouraged by the leadership. Plus when mom, the primary educator in most of these families, is Forever PG or nursing, not to mention myriad of other “have to do’s” involved in running a home, we all know the task that gets shortchanged is education.

It’s not the kids’ fault that they are severely undereducated, but it is their responsibility as adults to: 1) Fix their own deficits and 2). Not repeat the same mistakes with their own kids’ educations.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

I think Jinger and Jeremy could make money by endorsing a home school curriculum for Christians- I doubt either of them would be up to writing it - for all Jeremy’s pretentiousness about his Hebrew etc I don’t think he’s that academic and I doubt Jinger would put in the effort to obtain any sort of qualification in education. However I think Jeremy is aware of Jinger’s limitations and the children will be going to private school and they’ll stick to their get rich quick schemes.

• Upvote 12

59 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

for all Jeremy’s pretentiousness about his Hebrew etc I don’t think he’s that academic

Jeremy, not academic? But he has all those obviously frequently-read books and fountain pens, and takes pictures with both looking scholarly! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 27
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

Jeremy, not academic? But he has all those obviously frequently-read books and fountain pens, and takes pictures with both looking scholarly! 

Don’t forget his smart fashion pieces. They just scream Oxbridge.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

On 11/1/2021 at 4:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear just yesterday I was going to predict some fundies going trick or treating. We know that Alyssa Webster has gone with her girls in the past. The Neidnagels always go. I figured there would be some more this year too. It’s such a stupid fundie rule. It’s just a bunch of kids dressing up and asking for candy. There’s very little to object to based on the Bible.

For some unfathomable reason, like I must have been really drunk, I actually sat through most of a Vuolo podcast. The Babes actually agreed with you. Head babe said if his kids want to dress up and walk around the neighborhood asking for candy, that's fine with him. It's harmless, and anyway most Christian holidays have pagan origins--look at Christmas and Easter (yes, he said Easter), and if you're not practicing paganism not a problem. Airhead Babe nodded and murmured, which I assume mean she concurs.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 15

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

For some unfathomable reason, like I must have been really drunk, I actually sat through most of a Vuolo podcast. The Babes actually agreed with you. Head babe said if his kids want to dress up and walk around the neighborhood asking for candy, that's fine with him. It's harmless, and anyway most Christian holidays have pagan origins--look at Christmas and Easter (yes, he said Easter), and if you're not practicing paganism not a problem. Airhead Babe nodded and murmured, which I assume mean she concurs.

Oh god, I hate it when Jeremy agrees with me. I feel so dirty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 35
  • I Agree 1

A fountain pen for an anniversary gift! How thoughtful, romantic and on-brand for Jinger, the scholar! 

Screenshot_20211107_002628.thumb.jpg.594e6aea2ee1eafc800c180c3427d153.jpg

He really is just slowly turning her into his perfect wife, isn't he? Unbearable. 

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

A fountain pen for an anniversary gift! How thoughtful, romantic and on-brand for Jinger, the scholar! 

He really is just slowly turning her into his perfect wife, isn't he? Unbearable. 

I can actually imagine he is pretty much regretting marrying her at this point. Her name has not catapulted them into real “break out star” territory. Instead he got Josh. Jinger doesn’t seem to really be into joining him in his pseudo-intellectual journey. Not even on a performative level. Her formal education level is not as important if they sent their children to school- which will cost money, but maybe when they meet people Jeremy admires and wants to impress.
She also doesn’t portray herself as a fantastic traditional Christian homemaker wife, that would sell with older, influential preachers/leaders. 
Her Insta is also not as polished as the one of many young, married, 1-5 children picture perfect wives. I mean it’s a scam, we all know this but if you want to rake in money you have to do the job properly.
I don’t fault her even though I strongly suspect part of courtships is to act as if you are exactly what the other wants and both find out after the wedding they got scammed. I think both went into it with a massive mask on and have realised their real intentions and personalities don’t exactly match. The sad thing is, a separation or divorce is almost impossible and while I can see him taking the step at one point, it wound crush her world. Sadly, Jeremy holds all the cards and I can see him being really cruel with snide remarks or blatantly making fun of her.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

Jeremy wanted to be famous - to some extent he’s achieved that. They seem to live a good life without either of them having a discernible job and have snagged 2 book deals. I’m sure he hoped for a spin off series or specials - he probably still does. Now the TV show has gone, Jinger’s main asset is her following on social media - far bigger than Jeremy’s. They are probably equally vacuous and vain to be happy together. Divorce would be catastrophic to Jeremy’s celebrity preacher plans - so Jinger better brace herself for a life of feigning to be thrilled at Jeremy’s Professor Higgins antics.

• Upvote 17

On 11/3/2021 at 5:05 PM, Idlewild said:

So many celebrities are writing children’s books - I assume there’s money in it for little effort. Considering Jinger didn’t read books until she married Jeremy and this is written in verse, I imagine it’s shite but it’s wrapped up as Christian, so the usual humpers will buy it.

Good children's books are really hard to write. Jamie Lee Curtis and John Lithgow wrote good ones. The rest--meh

On 11/6/2021 at 8:30 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

On the plus side, JBook no longer has to worry that Jerm can't afford to indulge Jinger's love of thrift stores.

• Upvote 2

On 11/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

does it annoy anyone else that its a "sunflower" pen and she is holding roses?

I would not have been able to pose with those roses and then add that caption... I like things to match and matching colour in this case just does not cut it for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 14

Her face looks like she could barely even manage a smile. Courtship is such a stupid way to expect these people to find a good life partner.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Her face looks like she could barely even manage a smile. Courtship is such a stupid way to expect these people to find a good life partner.

The daughters were raised to be married and stay at home mothers- Jinger wanted a bit more glamour, and she got it. It’s hard to know if she’s truly happy. She used to express thoughts of being a photographer, but she has done nothing to further this. In fact, these days most of her photos are of Jeremy eating or parading new shoes. I think she’ll be calling herself an author based on her 2 book deals and that will suit Jeremy to be able to say his wife is an author - it’s all about image over substance for them.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, patsymae said:

Good children's books are really hard to write. Jamie Lee Curtis and John Lithgow wrote good ones. The rest--meh

Julie Andrews actually wrote a couple of excellent children's novels. Mandy and The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles were both favorites of mine as a kid. I still have my copies and am seriously looking forward to my kids being able to read them.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Julie Andrews actually wrote a couple of excellent children's novels. Mandy and The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles were both favorites of mine as a kid. I still have my copies and am seriously looking forward to my kids being able to read them.

And her picture books that came much later are pretty good too. She actually loves writing and works to improve at it, as does her daughter who is her frequent writing partner. But Mandy came out 50 years ago, so she's had the benefit of time as well. (As you can see from my profile pic, I'm something of a fan😉

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic