IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

I find the "we can't move because of quarantine" excuse really odd. We got our house ready, put it on the market, sold it, and moved into a fixer upper all since covid hit. Other than longer than normal waits for appliances and some services (such as tree trimmers) covid didn't impact the process too much. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I have a feeling that Jeremy is not above "extorting" JB. As in "we'll keep our mouth shut, won't write any book about the realities of the cult as long as you bankroll us". Imagine that.

• Upvote 7

Derrick has an immuno-compromised mother who is his only living parent. He would have gotten it for her sake even if he wasn't that worried for himself. Has Jeremy said anything about his upcoming graduation from seminary or did I totally miss he already graduated while following the Dillard thread? 

Just now, Pecansforeveryone said:

Derrick has an immuno-compromised mother who is his only living parent. He would have gotten it for her sake even if he wasn't that worried for himself. Has Jeremy said anything about his upcoming graduation from seminary or did I totally miss he already graduated while following the Dillard thread? 

@arareyeah, I think Jeremy is not above putting "pressure" on JB at all, either. I also don't think he was above straight up "lying" to JB about certain things like "leaving it up to the Lord" about how many children they would have. 

• Upvote 6

The Vuolos are really ramping up the paid partnerships- Jinger is now shilling a skincare system, while Jeremy is promoting a pen ( of course, he’s an intellectual, you know). Jeremy takes a picture during a class- which is oafish behaviour - but money comes first.

Someone in the comments asked what his plans are after graduation- he doesn’t reply, but from current behaviour I think he’s looking to be paid for being Jeremy. I don’t see him tending any flocks.

• Upvote 16
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I find the "we can't move because of quarantine" excuse really odd. We got our house ready, put it on the market, sold it, and moved into a fixer upper all since covid hit. Other than longer than normal waits for appliances and some services (such as tree trimmers) covid didn't impact the process too much. 

Yep, the houses on either side of us and one across the street have all sold during the pandemic-

20 hours ago, arareyeah said:

I have a feeling that Jeremy is not above "extorting" JB. As in "we'll keep our mouth shut, won't write any book about the realities of the cult as long as you bankroll us". Imagine that.

JBing JB. Karma is a big ole bewitch.

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The Vuolos are really ramping up the paid partnerships- Jinger is now shilling a skincare system, while Jeremy is promoting a pen ( of course, he’s an intellectual, you know). Jeremy takes a picture during a class- which is oafish behaviour - but money comes first.

Someone in the comments asked what his plans are after graduation- he doesn’t reply, but from current behaviour I think he’s looking to be paid for being Jeremy. I don’t see him tending any flocks.

Probably contemplating how he can make a living off of posting photos of the back of his daughters’ head, his pen, his books, his cabeza con dedo índice y Jinger con café taza-

• Upvote 9

I was doing some searching and it seems that a Instagram influencer with over a million followers could be paid in the range of $2,000 to $10,000 per post.  A high engagement factor such as clicks throughs  or likes drives the money train.  The figures for this are all over the place. 

If Jinger with 1.4 million followers does one or two a week, she can afford as much gourmet coffee as she likes.  Jeremy has 692 thousand followers  and could be bringing in some cash too.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

• 3 weeks later...

I am now thinking that Jinjer might be vaxxed. I forget which but one of  their IG stories shows that they attended a showing of Hamilton. The theatre they visited requires proof of vaccination. What do you guys think? So curious. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 10/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, KSmom said:

I don’t post in this forum much, but here’s another entry in the how does Jinjer pay for this lifestyle of theirs? Jeremy was at the Dodgers game last night, it appears in a box seat. He put pics on his Instagram.  It’s postseason, those tickets are $$$$$$.

There always going to games, now there at Hamilton. Who's watching the girls. If it's a babysitter how are they paying for it?

• Upvote 2

I thought this meant they were vaxed, but the website for the theatre says:

“Guests under age 12 or those who need a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theatre. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theatre”

so they could get around the vax here.. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

Thanks @Grace987, I was just going to look that up. Cheapest tickets are $135. Their finances are a mystery. And they do go out a lot without the girls. I wonder how long they’re going to be able to sustain this lifestyle. 

• Upvote 11

9 hours ago, Grace987 said:

I thought this meant they were vaxed, but the website for the theatre says:

“Guests under age 12 or those who need a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theatre. Children under 5 will not be admitted to the theatre”

so they could get around the vax here.. 

They are either vaxxed or getting tested constantly, which some people do, but it’s a big hassle if they have to get tested at official sites and show official proof. They are out and about constantly, and many of the places they go -including the Dodgers game - require proof or a negative test. Although I guess they could get tested weekly and just cram all the events together over a couple of days. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve wondered this too. I think the Dodgers was before the mandate.. but even still the Dodgers also “accept a negative COVID-19 viral test (both PCR and antigen tests will be accepted) taken within 72 hours before the start time of the event.”

antigen tests might be decently easy to come by? They are inexpensive at most pharmacies in my country. I wonder if their church has a connection somehow. Just speculation here.

8 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

They are either vaxxed or getting tested constantly, which some people do, but it’s a big hassle if they have to get tested at official sites and show official proof. They are out and about constantly, and many of the places they go -including the Dodgers game - require proof or a negative test. Although I guess they could get tested weekly and just cram all the events together over a couple of days. 

And not only get tested but meet all the criteria for type of test and timing ( some places accept results as far out as 10 days, others as little as 72 hours or require onsite testing). And, cost, many places charge if you do not have symptoms or have not been exposed. Would they lie for free testing?  They are in CA ( as am I), I’m betting they are vaxed. This is a very blue state. I think Jeremy  is more Mainstream in his lifestyle choices beyond his flavor of Jesus. I can’t seem him wearing a MAGA hat or publicly endorsing Trump-

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

You can pick up a test at a pharmacy and have it proctored via your phone or computer camera. Expensive to have to do repeatedly, but not all that inconvenient. 

38 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

You can pick up a test at a pharmacy and have it proctored via your phone or computer camera. Expensive to have to do repeatedly, but not all that inconvenient. 

That’s interesting. I have a family member who went out of the country a couple months ago who had to have a very expensive, specific,  test sent at a very specific time to get into the country he was visiting ( he’s vaccinated) to re-enter the US required a much cheaper, easily obtained test - I think something like the one above. 

I know for testing for schools here they won’t accept at home tests. You need to get an official test from an official site — but I think some of them are the rapid ones. 

in Chicago you can get a rapid PCR test free at a walk-in site. Anyone can get one, symptoms or not. If someone wasn't vaxxed but needed proof of negative Covid they could get it easily and repeatedly. I'm sure LA is similar. 

If Jeremy decided he was going to get vaccinated, which I am sure he did, then Jinger would as well since she lets him make the decisions. I find Jeremy’s views to be abhorrent but I don’t think he would have a problem with being vaccinated. He wants to be the hip, cool preacher. The  audience he likely wants isn’t the fundies Jinger grew up with, so I could see him not thinking vaccination status is a religious/political hill he wants to die on. Besides, getting sick with covid may ruin is perfectly styled hair.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s interesting. I have a family member who went out of the country a couple months ago who had to have a very expensive, specific,  test sent at a very specific time to get into the country he was visiting ( he’s vaccinated) to re-enter the US required a much cheaper, easily obtained test - I think something like the one above. 

I know for testing for schools here they won’t accept at home tests. You need to get an official test from an official site — but I think some of them are the rapid ones. 

I have a home and family in So America and have traveled back and forth several times during the pandemic. The constant testing, forms, making sure you get the right test (guidelines changing continually), within the right time frame, plus associated costs almost makes traveling not worth it. And this is being vaccinated- up this point being vaxed hadn’t diminished the hoops you have to go through, but I’m traveling over the holidays, and it looks like I won’t need a test at this point, but I’m sure guidelines will change again before that time. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 1:24 AM, just_ordinary said:

I always wonder that as well, but most products get spread to several “influencers”with massively overlapping audiences. I think I see the same sponsorship at least 3-5 times from people that are basically covering the same niche and often have the same management. Somehow it seems to work otherwise those companies wouldn’t do it/ be more purposefully.

The more often we’re exposed to something, the more likely we are to want to attain it. A few folks get irritated by advertisement saturation, but many respond to it eventually. The overlapping markets is probably a feature, not a bug.

• Upvote 4

Jinger needs to write another book or design new hats/candles quickly, as her Instagram is basically trips to the ball game or Jeremy eating.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

Oh the ducking irony… Nike 

And wtf Jinger stay in your own lane stop liking my weird cool people 

Spoiler

5C48B561-297B-4A57-8EBC-662A16D2638F.thumb.png.c9fcb79f7982d108408bf0f681dfdcd3.pngB45A504C-252D-4DDD-93A1-37D069646392.thumb.png.a543006f9ead23b3c95ddf9544ea5e66.png

• Haha 1

Well colour me shocked look who partook in Halloween…9A3908B5-D47C-4569-8065-D6426CF49B88.thumb.png.191429e14db663b5ba49d3261dc941cf.pnghow old is their baby now? She looks so small and I can’t remember is she nearly one? Or younger? 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh the ducking irony… Nike 

And wtf Jinger stay in your own lane stop liking my weird cool people 

Hide contents

5C48B561-297B-4A57-8EBC-662A16D2638F.thumb.png.c9fcb79f7982d108408bf0f681dfdcd3.pngB45A504C-252D-4DDD-93A1-37D069646392.thumb.png.a543006f9ead23b3c95ddf9544ea5e66.png

That “weird cool” person is in seminary with Jeremy. I don’t know who he is or why he is verified but he’s as fundie as they are. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic