IGNORED

Jinjer 57: The Seemingly Infinite Seminary Rolls On

Coconut Flan

51 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well colour me shocked look who partook in Halloween…9A3908B5-D47C-4569-8065-D6426CF49B88.thumb.png.191429e14db663b5ba49d3261dc941cf.pnghow old is their baby now? She looks so small and I can’t remember is she nearly one? Or younger? 

I swear just yesterday I was going to predict some fundies going trick or treating. We know that Alyssa Webster has gone with her girls in the past. The Neidnagels always go. I figured there would be some more this year too. It’s such a stupid fundie rule. It’s just a bunch of kids dressing up and asking for candy. There’s very little to object to based on the Bible.

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s very little to object to based on the Bible.

I used to have a friend who was very catholic and she’d give kids who came trick or treating bible verse stickers, and tell them it was a pagan festival and they should instead listen to the word of God.   🙄

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

Calling it now, JinJer are expecting a bouncing new little… podcast? Book? Maybe a new line of candles?

5A66378A-2D3E-4E61-8808-E85811E0EB2B.jpeg

Edited by goddefinedcalves
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 8

6 minutes ago, Karma said:

I used to have a friend who was very catholic and she’d give kids who came trick or treating bible verse stickers, and tell them it was a pagan festival and they should instead listen to the word of God.   🙄

You would think Fundies would be super into trick or treat. They love dressing up. Look at all the fundies that dress up like cows just to get free food at CFA. And we know fundies love to grift. Going door to door asking for free stuff is their jam! It’s most shocking to me that the mega grifter Jill isn’t trick or treating with her 13 kids every year and then trying to sell the huge amount of candy online. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, goddefinedcalves said:

Calling it now, JinJer are expecting a bouncing new little… podcast? Book? Maybe a new line of candles

Yawn…I don’t follow any fundies, but I do often have a look at their stories.  Except for Jinjer, since their stories are so boring. Please let me know if it’s anything interesting enough to spend a few seconds on ;) .  

Someone here suggested it was time for her to get new caps. Maybe that’s it!

• Upvote 1

Jeremy finishes seminary in May right? I was thinking maybe he got a permanent pastor position or they’re moving, but if he doesn’t graduate for a few more months, that’d be a little too soon. 

4 hours ago, Karma said:

Ahhhh I so contemplated to do something similar to make sure I will get spared next year (explanation : we don’t celebrate Halloween here traditionally but some people picked the tradition up in this country and sorry but I really don’t want to partake)

• Upvote 3

My daughter will be two in December so this was the first year she was old enough to trick or treat. She and her cousin had a whale of a time! I love Halloween! Kids dressed up in cute costumes, candy, chips, pumpkin carving. It’s the best! I’m so glad that some of the G2 fundie kids are letting their kids experience these fun, harmless childhood events. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

I have long thought Jeremy was more mainstream in his lifestyle choices than the fundies we snark on. I think he desperately wishes he could alternate "sophisticated wine-drinking" selfies with his "sophisticated, coffee-drinking" selfies. If the older John Macarthur crowd didn't frown on it, I am sure we would see it. 

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, artdecades said:

That “weird cool” person is in seminary with Jeremy. I don’t know who he is or why he is verified but he’s as fundie as they are. 

Ah fuck I accidentally follow a fundie who knew. I would never have picked it. I started following this kid because he was doing awesome makeup and photography on his little brother as “it” he was/is really into the horror genre. He seemed to pick up fame when his photos went viral. I’m now going back to his account and looking for where I went wrong. 

• Rufus Bless 1

55 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ah fuck I accidentally follow a fundie who knew. I would never have picked it. I started following this kid because he was doing awesome makeup and photography on his little brother as “it” he was/is really into the horror genre. He seemed to pick up fame when his photos went viral. I’m now going back to his account and looking for where I went wrong. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you want clues you may want to check the accounts he is following. 

Jerm often tags him in his serious men studying the Bible IG stories but those disappear. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you want clues you may want to check the accounts he is following. 

Jerm often tags him in his serious men studying the Bible IG stories but those disappear. 

ah fuck unfollow to be fair (to myself) if you just look at his pics you would never guess fundie and when I started following him years ago he was not being followed by the V's and was just a talented kid. The Vs fuck up everything they touch lol 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear just yesterday I was going to predict some fundies going trick or treating. We know that Alyssa Webster has gone with her girls in the past. The Neidnagels always go. I figured there would be some more this year too. It’s such a stupid fundie rule. It’s just a bunch of kids dressing up and asking for candy. There’s very little to object to based on the Bible.

They didn't go trick or treating. They attended a Reformation Day party with what looked like the church teens. Some of the kids dressed up as well, including a student from Hogwarts. 😁

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Re: Hamilton. If they saw it at the Pantages, I got a bunch of emails from them offering $50 tickets, which isn't bad. I wonder how they felt about the crowd? I saw Hamilton there last run and the line "Immigrants get it done!" just about brought down the house with cheering.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Re: Hamilton. If they saw it at the Pantages, I got a bunch of emails from them offering $50 tickets, which isn't bad. I wonder how they felt about the crowd? I saw Hamilton there last run and the line "Immigrants get it done!" just about brought down the house with cheering.

And it used to be if you hung around outside the show, you could get in for 35 or so dollars per person. They sold unsold seats, even for popular shows for cheap. I have no idea if that still happens with the pandemic, but if you were around and flexible with dates tickets weren't awful.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Destiny said:

And it used to be if you hung around outside the show, you could get in for 35 or so dollars per person. They sold unsold seats, even for popular shows for cheap. I have no idea if that still happens with the pandemic, but if you were around and flexible with dates tickets weren't awful.

They went with a group of about 8. No way they bought tix from scalpers.

As for the book, its title needs the adverb "brightly" to agree with the verb "shine." As it stands now, it's gramatically incorrect. 😁

• I Agree 3

29 minutes ago, marmalade said:

As for the book, its title needs the adverb "brightly" to agree with the verb "shine." As it stands now, it's gramatically incorrect. 😁

SOTDRT shining through so brightly!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

They went with a group of about 8. No way they bought tix from scalpers.

Not scalpers, the actual theatre. I have no idea what they did or did not do, but I got seats, all together, for a major show at the pantages with a group of 6 at the last second. It was a few years ago now, but, I was walking around the area with some tourists, and we happened to be walking by a few min before a show started, and someone said, "ooh, i want to see that," so we checked with the box office and got seats. It's possible that they did it that way, but unlikely, it's true.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Not scalpers, the actual theatre. I have no idea what they did or did not do, but I got seats, all together, for a major show at the pantages with a group of 6 at the last second. It was a few years ago now, but, I was walking around the area with some tourists, and we happened to be walking by a few min before a show started, and someone said, "ooh, i want to see that," so we checked with the box office and got seats. It's possible that they did it that way, but unlikely, it's true.

It is very common for theatres to sell unsold tickets at a deep discount in the last hour before the show. I used to live across the street from a theatre in DC-- we could look online to see what seats were still available, run across to the box office & buy them at 50% discount, grab a quick dinner, and go to the show!  

• Upvote 12

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

It is very common for theatres to sell unsold tickets at a deep discount in the last hour before the show. I used to live across the street from a theatre in DC-- we could look online to see what seats were still available, run across to the box office & buy them at 50% discount, grab a quick dinner, and go to the show!  

Yeah, the Pantages, at least years ago when i lived and worked in the area, used to have a guy outside with a list of unsold seats and he'd figure out how to make it work and then walk you to the box office and sell you seats for 25-45 depending on where they were. I spur of the moment went to a couple shows there because it's practically on a subway stop and i lived a few stops away.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, i find one thing so self centered that it’s almost enraging. On her Instagram, Jinger wrote that there book is “for children all over the world” and that’s just ridiculous. She’s not a globally popular author, she’s milking the little fame TLC provided her with. Children all over the world don’t need her book. Tsss… 

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic