IGNORED

John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet

nelliebelle1197

On 12/23/2023 at 6:07 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My house is so small that even though our first floor bathroom is in a small hallway, it’s still only a few steps away from the living room and kitchen. That’s why I often want my husband to go upstairs to poop. We have a fan but it can only do so much…

I can't imagine telling someone where to poop!

On 12/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My house is so small that even though our first floor bathroom is in a small hallway, it’s still only a few steps away from the living room and kitchen. That’s why I often want my husband to go upstairs to poop. We have a fan but it can only do so much…

LOL in one of the places I've worked the bathrooms were in a small hallway that opened right into the art department. The prepress guy and I had a fan set up pointing into the hallway. He called it the "missile defense system".

The bathrooms did have fans, thankfully. So that helped quite a bit.

Unfortunately they vented into the conference room.

The location had been a gas station or something and so not everything made much sense! The fridge was in the art department, the coffee maker and toaster in the office manager's office, the water cooler in the hall by the bathrooms, the microwave was by the small offset press... you had to circle the whole building twice to make lunch. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

LOL in one of the places I've worked the bathrooms were in a small hallway that opened right into the art department. The prepress guy and I had a fan set up pointing into the hallway. He called it the "missile defense system".

The bathrooms did have fans, thankfully. So that helped quite a bit.

Unfortunately they vented into the conference room.

The location had been a gas station or something and so not everything made much sense! The fridge was in the art department, the coffee maker and toaster in the office manager's office, the water cooler in the hall by the bathrooms, the microwave was by the small offset press... you had to circle the whole building twice to make lunch. 

My extremely practical side would go nuts and just pack a cold lunch everyday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

This means she has an announcement no one cares about because it’s not a pregnancy announcement. 

7B0DAAD7-1AB5-4A2D-A27A-EEF2969989B6.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

On 12/27/2023 at 3:08 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My extremely practical side would go nuts and just pack a cold lunch everyday. 

But you'd get your steps in!

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This means she has an announcement no one cares about because it’s not a pregnancy announcement. 

7B0DAAD7-1AB5-4A2D-A27A-EEF2969989B6.jpeg

Plexus? Or something else that she is promoting? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Can I just say how deeply I appreciate her coming right out and saying it's not a pregnancy announcement? I don't care what the announcement is (because it's always a letdown regardless of who's posting it) but I do appreciate she's getting ahead of all of the "congratulations on your new baby!!!!" posters. 

• Upvote 6

Our 1875 house has the only real bathroom upstairs. We have a combination half bath, laundry room and pantry off the kitchen. It used to be the big back porch, 16x8 and in 1926 they closed in the eastern half. There actually is a Pittsburgh toilet in the cellar.  Ewww. About 22 years ago it suddenly started vomiting all over the cellar. We had it capped off.  

in this area there are still many semi dirt floor cellars. In 1936 the owners poured a cement floor and added the throne…but they poured cement over the access to the main drain..so occasionally we have to get our plumber here for that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Plexus? Or something else that she is promoting? 

Perhaps she got her pilot's license. That family could use a pilot, you know.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

I just assume she is selling something. Aren’t these fundies always selling something? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I mean, she doesn't exactly specify it's not a pregnancy announcement (unless she stated it somewhere else than what's screenshotted) 

• Upvote 2

Maybe regarding her job? Was it Gunner's birth video where she was spotted in uniform and if so, has she ever publicly addressed her working at a job outside of home? (and I'll add, one that requires training and at least one licensing credential) I can't remember for how long she worked as an LPN prior to her engagement to JD.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, viii said:

I mean, she doesn't exactly specify it's not a pregnancy announcement (unless she stated it somewhere else than what's screenshotted) 

She doesn't, only that it's not the obvious. It crossed my mind it could be an adoption announcement which I pray to the gods it's not!

• Upvote 1

Maybe it will be that she and JD are moving to another state. Or into the TTH. Or are building a house on the compound like Josiah and Lauren are. Or maybe one of her sisters is engaged. Does she have a sister? Maybe one of her sisters is getting engaged to a Duggar boy. Maybe Abbey enrolled back in school to be an RN. Or a respiratory therapist. Or a Nurse Practitioner. Or maybe she’s going to open a furniture business. Or some other kind of business. Or maybe her and JD have their own reality show coming out. Or they are going to be part of a reality show that’s already on TV like The Amazing Race (is that still even a thing?). Or be a Jeopardy contestant. Maybe she gonna be an author! And would there be any significance to announcing tomorrow as opposed to any other day? Like, does the timing have to do with any of it?

Oh my gosh, it may be nothing as stupendous as any of this. I need to lower my expectations. Lol.

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

She doesn't, only that it's not the obvious. It crossed my mind it could be an adoption announcement which I pray to the gods it's not!

That’s not a bad guess!

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Yeah, if it isn’t pregnancy (which I assume is her implication with “it’s not what you think”), she’s likely selling something. My second guess would be they built a house, my third that she’s got a real estate license. Whatever it is, I’m curious but know once the secret is out, I’m going to be underwhelmed. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think an MLM makes the most sense. Many of the other guesses would be something that both Abbie and JD would be announcing together. And it also makes sense that it involves a money making venture or else she’d just come out and make an announcement. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Yeah, if it isn’t pregnancy (which I assume is her implication with “it’s not what you think”), she’s likely selling something. My second guess would be they built a house, my third that she’s got a real estate license. Whatever it is, I’m curious but know once the secret is out, I’m going to be underwhelmed. 

I would be most interested in a house tour 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just assume she is selling something. Aren’t these fundies always selling something? 

that was my immediate thought

added to add a MLM sales pitch was my thought. 

With her HCG I do think these two are the best bet to stay at 2 kids unless there is an opps baby or baby fever that makes her forget how sick she gets

Edited by AussieKrissy
add stuff
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

They seem to keep personal/life updates ie: babies/jobs/home very private. I can't see her making a big announcement about any of that. I think it's something she's selling.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Cam said:

Maybe it will be that she and JD are moving to another state. Or into the TTH. Or are building a house on the compound like Josiah and Lauren are. Or maybe one of her sisters is engaged. Does she have a sister? Maybe one of her sisters is getting engaged to a Duggar boy. 

All of her siblings are married already

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

58 minutes ago, Cam said:

If it is an MLM, what is behind phrasing it as “keeping a secret”? 

Because it makes her prospective customers feel like they're in the inner circle upon the reveal. The huns use this tactic all the time.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Because it makes her prospective customers feel like they're in the inner circle upon the reveal. The huns use this tactic all the time.

Agreed. It also doesn’t feel like the way she’d naturally phrase something. It looks like a pre-made promo post put out by Plexus or Lularoe or whatever. Or even a prompt from a marketing app for something more individual - a soap shop on Etsy or maybe even her own business providing in-home health care. I see them on friends feeds sometimes. Not fundie people, but they do need their side gigs. 

I think if it was something more personal, like announcing her job so people don’t speculate , she’d just post a photo in scrubs with co-workers and some caption like “ love working with this great team” . Or a picture of her with Jessa? and the baby that she helped deliver, saying how glad she was to work where she does so she could help.
If it was a new baby or a house or something about their family, it would probably be her and Joe announcing it together. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Agreed. It also doesn’t feel like the way she’d naturally phrase something. It looks like a pre-made promo post put out by Plexus or Lularoe or whatever. Or even a prompt from a marketing app for something more individual - a soap shop on Etsy or maybe even her own business providing in-home health care. I see them on friends feeds sometimes. Not fundie people, but they do need their side gigs. 

I think if it was something more personal, like announcing her job so people don’t speculate , she’d just post a photo in scrubs with co-workers and some caption like “ love working with this great team” . Or a picture of her with Jessa? and the baby that she helped deliver, saying how glad she was to work where she does so she could help.
If it was a new baby or a house or something about their family, it would probably be her and Joe announcing it together. 

This makes a lot of sense. 

• Upvote 2