IGNORED

John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Because it makes her prospective customers feel like they're in the inner circle upon the reveal. The huns use this tactic all the time.

This! The Bates girls do it all the time - hinting at a “big announcement we can’t wait to share with y’all”, and in the end it’s something as riveting as “this new shipment of dresses for our boutique arrived”.

Also often combined with artificial scarcity, making it sound like it’s a time limited offer or limited quantity offer: “make sure to grab yours now because these will sell out fast!”.

All sales tactics.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Cam said:

If it is an MLM, what is behind phrasing it as “keeping a secret”? 

My bet is that it's an MLM and the "secret" she's been keeping is that she's "starting her own business" and becoming an "entrepreneur" 

The only other thing I think it might be is that she's going back to school, or went back to school and is working on her RN or got her RN. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

My bet is that it's an MLM and the "secret" she's been keeping is that she's "starting her own business" and becoming an "entrepreneur" 

The only other thing I think it might be is that she's going back to school, or went back to school and is working on her RN or got her RN. 

I hope it's the latter (if it's what she wants), but I fear it's the former because, well, she's a Duggar.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

If it was just something personal she would not be the type to announce it as a secret. It does not fit Abbie's normal social media style which to me indicates it comes from a handbook and therefore is something she wants to sell.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

It’s Monat! Ughhh. I actually think her hair looks worse now that she’s using Monat. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Wait. Her big announcement is using a MLM curly hair product? LAME.

And a curly hair product that has been proven to cause long lasting damage to hair at that!

• Upvote 12

Her hair looks so crunchy, like it's going to crumble if you touch it. It always reminds me of GotHard's hair preferences on girls at the IBLP headquarters...

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Her hair looked less crunchy when they got married. She lost curl after having kids. And now she’s trying to get it back with Monat. But I think it just looks crunchy.

0D965AA1-5AAD-45E2-8B20-B0DA038B0814.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s Monat! Ughhh. I actually think her hair looks worse now that she’s using Monat. 

Haha, this is exactly what people on the Duggars Snark subreddit were guessing yesterday because her hair looks so bad.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

She did used to have much better formed curls.  I've never heard of Monat.  I use some "organic" stuff my stylist recommended and usually I get a nice non-crunchy curl that I like.  

• Upvote 2

Just for shits and giggles, I took her "assessment" for my type of hair. A three piece set was over $150. I can't imagine. I feel fancy when I get Pantene 🤣

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

Just for shits and giggles, I took her "assessment" for my type of hair. A three piece set was over $150. I can't imagine. I feel fancy when I get Pantene 🤣

I understand paying a little more for hair products if they actually work well for you. But there has been so much bad press about Monat. There’s no way I would spend that much on something that could fuck up my hair. 3 of us have dandruff issues. So we have to buy head and shoulders and Selsun blue. I hate the smell.

• Upvote 8

I currently use mildly scented* shampoo & body wash because one of my clients has extra sensitivity to my go-to products. They're more expensive but they still don't cost anywhere near $150!! 

*They claim to be unscented but there's still a "something" to them. But the scent is definitely significantly reduced. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 3

The most I ever spent on hair products was a line called Evolvh. I had just decided to grow out my gray after dying my hair for like 100 years. It was summertime and after a few months out of no dye, my hair was fried and the grays were unruly, and I was hard-core throwing myself a pity party. (I had to stop dying due to a fun new menopause side effect of becoming allergic to everything, including hair dye 🙄). It smelled pleasant, and maybe tamed it a bit? But no way worth what I paid. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Meh when she becomes a big shot MLM seller John quit and become her personal pilot (did you know he was a pilot?).

He can name her plane #girlboss or #crunchyhairdontcare

• Haha 8

I don't mind spending a little more money on a brand that is quality and works well for me like Biolage or Amika. But this are items that I get from a professional hair stylist to begin with. Monet is a crap product, being sold at a premium and by people who have no professional experience with hair products. I would love to go to Abby for nursing advice. But having curly hair doesn't make you a hair expert. This is why I hate MLMs on top of the preditory business model, taking advantage of people  and their overpriced poor quality items. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s it, huh? What a let down! Lol. So what is it about January that Jessa endorses health care by Jesus, Joy begins promoting VeetaVitaVegimin, and now Abby starts endorsing expensive hair care?Does it have to do with income tax breaks? Will Abby actually make any money from this? I like to buy good hair care products but not that pricey! What kind of influence does Abby have that people will buy what she recommends?  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cam said:

That’s it, huh? What a let down! Lol. So what is it about January that Jessa endorses health care by Jesus, Joy begins promoting VeetaVitaVegimin, and now Abby starts endorsing expensive hair care?Does it have to do with income tax breaks? Will Abby actually make any money from this? I like to buy good hair care products but not that pricey! What kind of influence does Abby have that people will buy what she recommends?  

Maybe Christmas wiped them all out and they need more money in the new year. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I understand paying a little more for hair products if they actually work well for you. But there has been so much bad press about Monat. There’s no way I would spend that much on something that could fuck up my hair. 3 of us have dandruff issues. So we have to buy head and shoulders and Selsun blue. I hate the smell.

Head & Shoulders is actually terrible for dandruff. It takes off a layer of skin, which contributes to more flaking as your scalp heals. I would recommend Nizoral, which is a medicated dandruff shampoo. Cured my dandruff for once and for all. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband had dandruff forever.  Selsun Blue burned his scalp! Now he has been using Tiffalina's for over two years (we get it on Amazon) and no more dandruff.  It has a light scent of coconut. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

Head & Shoulders is actually terrible for dandruff. It takes off a layer of skin, which contributes to more flaking as your scalp heals. I would recommend Nizoral, which is a medicated dandruff shampoo. Cured my dandruff for once and for all. 

When I quit using dandruff shampoo, my "dandruff" went away and never came back.  

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

When I quit using dandruff shampoo, my "dandruff" went away and never came back.  

The thing is we do stop using it in the summer. But it always comes back eventually. So we start up the Selsun blue again. Selsun blue was the only thing that got rid of my son’s heinous case of cradle cap. He’s the one with terrible dandruff now at 11.

• Upvote 1