IGNORED

Maxwell 49: Recipes from Those Who Can't Cook

Coconut Flan

Teri has responded to a blog commenter that Madeline is OK

Teri Maxwell says:

July 30, 2021 at 6:54 am

Thank you for praying for Madeline. That’s a sweet mental picture – Madeline home with her brothers. They haven’t been able to see her in person, touch, or hold her, but we have seen some precious photos and videos of their Facetimes with her. She’s doing very well in the NICU, growing and developing as she needs to in order to be able to come home.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

In Chelsy’s most recent post, she said Gigi got them a Zoo pass for the zoo in the city where they are staying. Gigi is so thoughtful. That’s a perfect gift so the boys can just go to the zoo for an hour or two for something to do while the other parent is at the hospital. I always got season passes for places when my kid’s were little because we could never make a whole day of it. They got too tired and had to nap. So we could go all the time for just a couple hours and wouldn’t pay each time we went. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In Chelsy’s most recent post, she said Gigi got them a Zoo pass for the zoo in the city where they are staying. Gigi is so thoughtful. That’s a perfect gift so the boys can just go to the zoo for an hour or two for something to do while the other parent is at the hospital. I always got season passes for places when my kid’s were little because we could never make a whole day of it. They got too tired and had to nap. So we could go all the time for just a couple hours and wouldn’t pay each time we went. 

Same here. We live pretty close to the zoo and always had season passes when my kids were little, starting when we got a free season pass by the city of Berlin after my first daughter's birth. My girls used to know all of the elephants' by name, and they still have super fond memories.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

I think that the Maxwell's haven't posted a lot lately because they are trying not to step on Chelsy's toes and post updates that she hasn't. As Chelsy hadn't been posting much they didn't feel like they could post much about Madeline either. I also imagine that they don't feel like it is appropriate to do random posts about other things in light of the fact that this really scary thing is happening to John and Chelsy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 7/27/2021 at 9:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

And she doesn’t post even close to once a week. The most she has posted is about Madeline. Before that, we would get lucky if she posted once a month. She could never keep up with the Maxwell blog schedule. 

Chelsy, probably, didn't have the time to blog like Sarah and Teri do. Before she married John she was frequently traveling Canada and the U.S, assisting on her family's farm, at one point she was teaching piano, ran her own photography business, did a lot of sewing and was a secretary at one point. Add that to keeping up with a social life that Sarah's never had and Teri's been kept from she probably just didn't have time. Now, she is married and running a household of her own. Chelsy is blogging more now than ever to give us updates on Madeline. I can see her going back to her once maybe twice a month blog schedule once she is home. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I'm glad the baby is ok. I was starting to really worry. Snark is fun, as I said before, but I do not wish anyone anything tragic.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

On 7/31/2021 at 10:10 AM, ElizaB said:

I think that the Maxwell's haven't posted a lot lately because they are trying not to step on Chelsy's toes and post updates that she hasn't. As Chelsy hadn't been posting much they didn't feel like they could post much about Madeline either. I also imagine that they don't feel like it is appropriate to do random posts about other things in light of the fact that this really scary thing is happening to John and Chelsy. 

They decreased their posting long before Chelsy had a premature baby. 

And, if their lives are so boring they having nothing else to post about, they just reinforce the beliefs of many that they are the most boring people on the planet. 

If they're so enmeshed they don't feel it's appropriate to post other things while a premature grandchild is in the hospital, they're not only pathetic but dangerous. Don't post about the baby, unless John & Chelsy say it's ok; that's just human decency. But, to post nothing else because of the baby? 

I don't think their lack of posts has anything whatsoever to do with Madeline and everything to do with their failure to have lives. They have nothing of interest to post about. Without Sarah, no one else gives a rat's tushie. Just reading Teri's latest attempts at posting are evidence of that. 

They don't care about blogging anymore. They're just in the flailing part of giving up the ship and haven't done it just yet. That's admitting something they're not ready to admit. Which is most likely their irrelevance, after years of making money off gullible Christians wanting answers to life's questions.  They don't actually have anything worth saying - nothing anyone is clamoring to hear, anyway. Their audience has moved on. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Random life is up. Nothing much to see. Sarah has at some point being traveling— maybe seeing more small towns for writing inspiration. When all the women went out for dinner, Nathan indeed took his crew out on his own. And Debi is pulling some cute faces. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

And there it is - the post that says absolutely nothing. 

And evasive nothingness.

Nathan took his kids out to dinner the night the "gals" went and had their dinner. That's a description. But Sarah was just "traveling" - we can assume because that one word is all that is included. No description, no nothing. Just traveling. OK, then.

I've lost all ability to even snark on these people. They are a waste of time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Abbie is wearing jeans, again.  As for Debi's facial expression, it's OK honey we understand.

IMG_1777.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Abbie is wearing jeans, again.  As for Debi's facial expression, it's OK honey we understand.

IMG_1777.jpg

Well they stuck her with that name--no one in her generation is called that. Then make her wear that plastic scoop bib....poor kid.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They don't care about blogging anymore. They're just in the flailing part of giving up the ship and haven't done it just yet. That's admitting something they're not ready to admit. Which is most likely their irrelevance

Agree.

I must admit that even while I recognize the damage fundamentalism does, I am empathetic to their current situation. Times of transition are hard and I know well that feeling of treading water - confused about the right course for the  future and scared to leave the current situation (even if it is not good anymore) and feeling irrelevant all the while. The married Maxwells all have new families and jobs and homes and I hope the unmarrieds have something to look forward to as well. 

• Upvote 11

37 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Agree.

I must admit that even while I recognize the damage fundamentalism does, I am empathetic to their current situation. Times of transition are hard and I know well that feeling of treading water - confused about the right course for the  future and scared to leave the current situation (even if it is not good anymore) and feeling irrelevant all the while. The married Maxwells all have new families and jobs and homes and I hope the unmarrieds have something to look forward to as well. 

I think their transition would be easier if it weren't for the f*cked up views of women/their daughter's lives. 

They are retirement age. They should be transitioning to retirement. Travel, go see the grandkids, join a club...well, their version of retirement, since the majority of their grandkids are down the street & within shouting distance, they don't seem the "see the world" type because there aren't enough rules to control the world and they might encounter something to make Steve cry or Teri purse her lips or both of them cry because of a TSA screening/search. And, I guess clubs won't work because Steve is not the type to do a damn thing with anyone unless he can be the one telling everyone what to do and how to do it and how often and how fast and how slow and how much enjoyment they're allowed to get out of it. 

OK, snark aside - they should be having the adjustment of retirement right now, which for most people is just that, an adjustment but one that brings many good things to the new way of life. Whatever that would look like for people like Steve & Teri, now is the time to be moving into that phase of life. 

But, they have three kidults at home. Three grown women who still eat the food Teri buys (unless they want something special) and still follow Steve's bible time schedule & Teri's life schedule. Three women Steve cannot retire from because he has not done the job for them that he requires of the penis holders of a family - to get his pure daughters married to a godly man so they can homeschool, breed & submit to someone to their headship. 

Right now, by their effed up rules of life, those three women are still required to submit to their father; he is their headship. So he is not retiring and they are not doing anything different than what they did when they were 16, 18 or 20. 

It's an ugly, ugly circle and one I hope other fundie headships learn from. At least any that are still of the mind to think there is anything at all to learn from Steve & his now defunct dog & pony show - now gone to mail order & 3 sentence emails that are mostly bible verses. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Who is the couple in the "Sunday Lunch Crew" photo? I assume that they are a married couple although it is curious that the gentleman is seated next to Sarah's chair.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:05 AM, Nothing if not critical said:

Same here. We live pretty close to the zoo and always had season passes when my kids were little, starting when we got a free season pass by the city of Berlin after my first daughter's birth. My girls used to know all of the elephants' by name, and they still have super fond memories.

I want a GIGI.  She sounds amazing.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Seriously?  They had a storm and a downed power line and Steve and Christopher’s kids are out picking up sticks around it?   Nuts!

• Upvote 8

Steve is holding the cable/wire in one photo.  It's probably not even a power line but phone or cable or something else, but oh em gee shouldn't they say so in the caption?!?

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

In the comments Terri reports that Christopher and NR-Anna got away over the 4th while Anna and Mary watched their children. Anna and Mary always really appear to enjoy that stuff so it’s nice that they can play house. I like the capris on Christina and Betsy— cha cha changes! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Good for Gigi!  During the years we lived in Indianapolis, my parents gave us annual passes to the zoo and the children's museum every year for Christmas.  It was the best gift ever and we got so much value and happy memories out of it.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Elliot is already better at smiling than Poor Sarah.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:52 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was watching a show featuring DB Cooper. Of course it’s all still a mystery since it happened in 1971. Some of the money was found in a river bank but no body was ever found so they don’t know if he survived the jump. In my head, I started imagining Steve Maxwell is actually DB Cooper. He survived the jump and felt so guilty about it all that he decided to go full fundie. He’s been punishing himself and his family ever since. 

Of course this is all a joke since Steve was 20 in 71 and people described DB Cooper as older than that. But thinking about it is cracking me up. 

B1C3FABB-74FA-49D4-903E-BF94283BF76C.jpeg

D.B. Cooper was Loki!  Steve is the polar opposite of the 'god of mischief' :P 

Obviously he's in hiding!

Edited by CyborgKin
variant
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Think about how much "work" would go into ending the blog. I imagine it would be like this:

Steve would have to give permission for Teri to let Sarah schedule time for farewell posts, which would have to be scheduled out months in advance (it took her how long to sew a button?). Then think about how the entire schedule would have to be redone! How would Sarah spend those extra time slots that she has reserved for blogging? It couldn't be anything f*n, she doesn't seem to enjoy spending time with kids, and she isn't allowed to work outside the home. I really think they just have nothing to substitute "blog time" with and they don't know how to just have free time.

ETA: Wouldn't it be great if they do end the blog and the final post is how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter?

Edited by Cat Damon
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

New post about Gigi's involvement in the daily lives of the great-grands. Apparently the ABC girls are allowed to wear pants for regular days, not just athletic activities and mulch "parties."

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

NR Anna used to walk with her every morning. I hope she’s feeling well. The pivot to showing jeans/capris is very interesting. I feel like Jesse and Joe did some mold-breaking for the fam and that many are probably benefitting. 

• Upvote 14

I would bet jeans and shorts have been a thing for awhile but the Maxwells will never mention when or why the change in attire was made. There are probably many stupid things they were hardcore about but not longer follow. It’s likely difficult to admit they have changed at all since strict adherence to the Gospel of Steve was how they lived for so long. It’s how they made their money. I am sure they still have the same hateful beliefs but just dress a little differently now. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic