IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]

Destiny

1 hour ago, pupper said:

Does anyone think that the plane crash could end being framed as a "left wing terrorist" hit on Trump supporters and Christianity as a whole? I know it sounds crazy but crazy things are being proposed by Trumpists with mind boggling frequency.

I've heard that alluded to already.  They stressed the constitutionalist thing as motive.  They didn't say Trump or MAGA, just constitutionalist.

• Upvote 5

Gwen sponsoring a hate rally reminded me that when her supporters came here they implied that Gwen being discussed here was no different than POC being persecuted for their skin color. They said something like how they couldn’t believe the non-white members weren’t defending Gwen. It was super offensive and showed they were living in a bubble of privilege.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love that movie. My husband’s and my favorite character is Uncle Elizabeth. The cat who comes back from the dead. 

Irene Dunne’s double-take when she realizes Uncle Elizabeth is alive is among the top 5 comedic reactions of all time!!!! IMHO, of course. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I actually really like that.  If I could get that kind of body without teasing I would.  Maybe her hair was the same kind of slippery slope some people go down with plastic surgery.  If a little is good then more in better and pretty soon people are stifling "yikes" when they see you.  

I have a giant dog and history of ED...I am not going to examine that too closely for myself.  

Guys, I was reading backwards for some reason (lost my place in the thread) and I was reading ED as "erectile disfunction" for some reason and was really confused about why your dogs had penis problems and why on earth you were sharing it.

And examining it.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Haha 40
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Guys, I was reading backwards for some reason (lost my place in the thread) and I was reading ED as "erectile disfunction" for some reason and was really confused about why your dogs had penis problems and why on earth you were sharing it.

And examining it.

If my dog did have erectile dysfunction of course I would share it.  I have nothing to hide and I would want to help other dog moms help their dogs get and maintain...

Eww.  Never mind.  no I wouldn't share and my neutered pup still humps the club chair sometimes so he seems fine.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

I apologize if this has been posted upthread, but for anyone unfamiliar with the murder of little Josef Smith wiki has a good summary.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_v._Smith

Hopefully it's not too soon for me to say that Gwen was a piece of shit and should not be missed?  If it is, get to me fast and I'll edit this out!?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If my dog did have erectile dysfunction of course I would share it.  I have nothing to hide and I would want to help other dog moms help their dogs get and maintain...

Eww.  Never mind.  no I wouldn't share and my neutered pup still humps the club chair sometimes so he seems fine.  

My neutered Jack Russell is in love with a fat pink penguin that my son keeps on his bed. Poor old Fred tries to hide the toy and his love for her but one of her pink wings keeps fall off from all the love and you ought to see the look on his face when they get caught.... or don't. He gets really embarrassed. He lays next to her on the bed and growls if another dog or person dares cross the threshold. Some of the things I have caught them doing haunt my nightmares.

• Haha 18

25 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I apologize if this has been posted upthread, but for anyone unfamiliar with the murder of little Josef Smith wiki has a good summary.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_v._Smith

Hopefully it's not too soon for me to say that Gwen was a piece of shit and should not be missed?  If it is, get to me fast and I'll edit this out!?

Wow. This is so sad. I knew there are super sketchy ideas in that group but I am just learning that the teachings resulted in child murder.

While I was never a fan of this particular group I hope that the new leadership will move toward non-abusive practices.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

This was an interesting choice of couple in my opinion...

Are their 5 kids & their families in RF? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

This was an interesting choice of couple in my opinion...

Didn't they get kicked out of leadership? If that is true, I agree very interesting choice. Makes me think of the popular girls claiming to be Mia's bffs in The Princess Diaries. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

13 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Didn't they get kicked out of leadership? If that is true, I agree very interesting choice. Makes me think of the popular girls claiming to be Mia's bffs in The Princess Diaries. 

My understanding is that they WERE taken out of leadership. It seemed to be very abrupt and IIRC coincided with Gwen Shamblin's divorce. This is just a clip of the interview, but if I can find the whole thing, I will post it. In it Rob Day is pretty much defending Joe as a pilot. He said that no one could be more thorough in inspecting a plane and that there would be times when he would tell Joe to hurry up because they needed to leave. The church is also denying the allegations that Joe's medical certs had expired per the same news source. I also find it interesting that they didn't mention ANYONE else (in great detail) OTHER THAN Gwen. The news outlet made it seem like they were going to talk to PEOPLE (I "assumed" several) who knew those who died. I expected something different than the Gwen praisefest that I saw.

***To be fair, I DO realize that interviews get edited, so IT IS POSSIBLE that the news outlet just chose to show the clips regarding Gwen as well as those defending Joe as a pilot.

The news outlets here are having a heyday discussing his lapse of certs, so it will be interesting to see how this goes and if the church produces PROOF of his current medical cert as requested.

*Edited for grammar. Sue me, I'm a Tennessean...LOL! Wink, wink!

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

4 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

My understanding is that they WERE taken out of leadership. It seemed to be very abrupt and IIRC coincided with the Gwen Shamblin's divorce. This is just a clip of the interview, but if I can find the whole thing, I will post it. In it Rob Day is pretty much defending Joe as a pilot. He said that no one could be more thorough in inspecting a plane and that there would be times when he would tell Joe to hurry up because they needed to leave. The church is also denying the allegations that Joe's medical certs had expired per the same news source. I also find it interesting that they didn't mention ANYONE else (in great detail) OTHER THAN Gwen. The news outlet made it seem like they were going to talk to PEOPLE (I "assumed" several) who knew those who died. I expected something different than the Gwen praisefest that I saw.

***To be fair, I DO realize that interviews get edited, so IT IS POSSIBLE that the news outlet just chose to show the clips regarding Gwen as well as those defending Joe as a pilot.

The news outlets here are having a heyday discussing his lapse of certs, so it will be interesting to see how this goes and if the church produces PROOF of his current medical cert as requested.

It WAS people - two is people. Just happened to be a married couple who used to be in leadership suddenly surfacing when there is a gap in leadership...

And like the salt on chips, so are the Remnants of our lives.....

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 31
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Makes me think of the popular girls claiming to be Mia's bffs in The Princess Diaries. 

Also reminds me of the movie Heathers when, [SPOILER] after Heather Chandler dies, Heather Duke (Shannen Doherty) is on every local news report in her best outfit crying about how close they were, when they actually hated each other. Hmm.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Maybe this should be posted in the weird ads thread but I think it could belong here also.

Anyway WTAF !

Spoiler

7004632F-4C12-4049-AD60-DC7C2F54965A.jpeg.aaa576b8e3c8712587a2499bc99cfdb4.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bloopbloopdoop said:

gwen's dogs are so cuuuuuute and dopey. I hope they're doing okay amidst all this. Also, I bet the reason she got such giant dogs is because they make her feel so much smaller by comparison, like her hair.

If the theory here is that people who are self-conscious about their size get large dogs to look and feel slimmer, I screwed up.

I adopted greyhounds.

?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 32
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I adopted greyhounds.

Hounds are amazing dogs. The floppy ears, the derp, the howling / baying. Love it! @RFsurvivor and I actually have 3 and we love them to death.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 9

I've been thinking about how RF leadership will spin this with their congregants. Gwen believed that god woke her up in the middle of the night so that she could see the moon. She thought that god had a hand in picking out her clothing every morning. She saw birds in her yard as a sign from above. The list goes on and on. The question then becomes why didn't her personal assistant, aka god, tell her not to get in the plane? Did he want her to die? Or will they go the tried and true route of Satan or demon attacks? Because when something bad happens to me, a heathen, it's because I've strayed from god's light. When something happens to a Christian, it's always demons. If it's demons then it's definitely worse than your average run of the mill green bean demon. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could be remembering wrong, but they were encouraged to move to Brentwood but sometimes couldn’t afford it. I think some live very close to Brentwood but not directly in it. And I also think some did move in with RF folks. Like they would live in the basement of an RF member. I don’t know if those were long term arrangements. But they did encourage people to at least move near Brentwood. 

This is pretty accurate! It was a mix. Maybe people would buy outside their price range or find the cheapest place to be as close to the church as possible. Many members also rented out smaller places such as duplex’s to other members

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

This is pretty accurate! It was a mix. Maybe people would buy outside their price range or find the cheapest place to be as close to the church as possible. Many members also rented out smaller places such as duplex’s to other members

How many members do you think there really are?

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am not really talking about respect but it seems a little gross to do it right now for some reason. That may just be me and my opinion though.  I guess the plane crash thing is so shocking that it feels weird?? And honestly? It was kind of a dig at the poster because s/he was a little snippy to Penny Sycamore a page back and I am protective of our sweet Penny! That may have also colored my reaction. 

I work in a nursing home so morbid humor is my way of coping a lot of the time.  I can't tell you how many times I'm laughing over something that someone outside of the nursing home/healthcare system would be aghast at.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

How many members do you think there really are?

Ooooof I really don’t know anymore. When I was a member it was close to 2,500 including out of town members. Pretty sure it peaked at around 3k.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

It WAS people - two is people. Just happened to be a married couple who used to be in leadership suddenly surfacing when there is a gap in leadership...

And like the salt on chips, so are the Remnants of our lives.....

You've got a point there. I stand corrected.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic