IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]

Destiny

I think there could be a legal fight from family members that are not in the cult. I don’t believe every single person in the Walters and Martin family are in the cult. Therefore I think it is possible there could be some people who want to Sue.

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Cam said:

Penny, I can do math, too! Apparently you missed the comment I made: 

There are mega churches where one brick and mortar church has more attending a service than that. 

It really is not a Game of Thrones of who said it first around here :)

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, Cam said:

I cannot see Gwen’s daughter dealing with the loss of her mother and husband while now raising several small children on her own wanting to reach out and minister to others. 

I don't think there was much of that at RF anyway.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Gwen’s hair: seemed to me she carried her pekingese/maltese/shih tzu comfort dog around on top of her head.

Perhaps Gwen was channeling her inner 1960s country woman singer. Back in the day, they used to wear the bouffant hair and this was the sentiment:

F1721095-A363-4C8A-8A97-D2C45C50BEE3.jpeg

69AB247C-3851-4F4F-BB8B-B6A024516861.jpeg

I could not love this photo more:

Spoiler

F73048E2-5E9A-48CD-84CC-E61856262B97.jpeg

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
pic under spoiler
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think there could be a legal fight from family members that are not in the cult. I don’t believe every single person in the Walters and Martin family are in the cult. Therefore I think it is possible there could be some people who want to Sue.

But they have to have standing, which means there has to be a tangible loss. Here is the TN statute:

Spoiler

2010 Tennessee Code
Title 20 - Civil Procedure
Chapter 5 - Abatement and Survival of Actions 
20-5-113 - Damages recoverable in wrongful death.

20-5-113. Damages recoverable in wrongful death. 

Where a person's death is caused by the wrongful act, fault or omission of another and suit is brought for damages, as provided for by §§ 20-5-106 and 20-5-107, the party suing shall, if entitled to damages, have the right to recover for the mental and physical suffering, loss of time and necessary expenses resulting to the deceased from the personal injuries, and also the damages resulting to the parties for whose use and benefit the right of action survives from the death consequent upon the injuries received. 

[Acts 1883, ch. 186, § 1; Shan., § 4029; Code 1932, § 8240; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 20-614.]  

And here is a very clear outline of who has standing in TN courts to sue for wrongful death from a trial lawyer.

Lawsuits would require breaking ranks and leaving the cult. 

7 minutes ago, Cam said:

Gwen’s hair: seemed to me she carried her pekingese/maltese/shih tzu comfort dog around on top of her head.

Perhaps Gwen was channeling her inner 1960s country woman singer. Back in the day, they used to wear the bouffant hair and this was the sentiment:

F1721095-A363-4C8A-8A97-D2C45C50BEE3.jpeg

69AB247C-3851-4F4F-BB8B-B6A024516861.jpeg

I could not love this photo more:

F73048E2-5E9A-48CD-84CC-E61856262B97.jpeg

This kind of stuff about Gwen’s hair has been discussed repeatedly in previous threads back when she was alive. You may have missed it. It seems icky snarking on her hair in the thread about her violent death in a plane crash.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 1

I’m not sure why she would deserve any respect in death, despite the horrible way she died. She was a terrible thoughtless cult leader who contributed to the suffering of many and the death of a child. Make fun of her hair all you want, IMO.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

I’m not sure why she would deserve any respect in death, despite the horrible way she died. She was a terrible thoughtless cult leader who contributed to the suffering of many and the death of a child. Make fun of her hair all you want, IMO.

I am not really talking about respect but it seems a little gross to do it right now for some reason. That may just be me and my opinion though.  I guess the plane crash thing is so shocking that it feels weird?? And honestly? It was kind of a dig at the poster because s/he was a little snippy to Penny Sycamore a page back and I am protective of our sweet Penny! That may have also colored my reaction. 

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

17 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am not really talking about respect but it seems a little gross to do it right now for some reason. That may just be me and my opinion though.  I guess the plane crash thing is so shocking that it feels weird?? And honestly? It was kind of a dig at the poster because s/he was a little snippy to Penny Sycamore a page back and I am protective of our sweet Penny! That may have also colored my reaction. 

I am not bothered by the hair comments about Gwen due to her death, I personally called her a hair mat with shoes a few pages ago.  But I do find it ridiculous that after needlessly hand slapping Penny for what, not reading every one of her posts before she made a comment, she is posting stuff that's been long done for how many hundreds of pages of Shamblin threads?

If @Cam is going to slap other people might want to make sure you're not going to turn around and be 1000x more redundant than your orignal complaint.  Also posting on a snark forum is not journalism, you don't get a special byline for mentioning something first.

Also...Gwen's hair wasn't a bouffant so whatever.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10
  • Fuck You 2
  • Thank You 2

Since the topic of Gwen's hair has been mentioned... does anyone have any clue how she actually made that look stick? I mean, I have a pretty normal hair style and can barely make stay in place no matter how much product I use. How the heck did she create the tower of terror and actually have it stay in place during her public appearances?  Enquiring minds want to know....  (And also for those who were unfortunate enough to meet her in real life, did it actually look like that or was it some kind of trick of the camera?)

• Upvote 7

Yes, one can't help but wonder what did happen in the recent past and what will happen in the near future with the Angers regarding the new constellation of leadership within the Remnant Fellowship cult. Since they are stll participating in the cult, anything is possible. Tedd Anger appears to be a ruthless self-promoter. He had been in a role that put him high on the totem pole; he was Gwen's number one associate. Almost a stand-in for the missing, stay-at-home David Shamblin. The previous prominence of the Angers can't be overstated. They were constantly doing things together with the Shamblins. Two or three years ago Candace Anger and Erin Shamblin were up to some "girlish" hijinks and rather questionable escapades together. Probably the Angers were downgraded to make room for Joe on the stage at church. After all, Gwen didn't need a stand-in husband after she married Joe. There's much more room onstage now, and Tedd really did seem to like being in front of a crowd. Additionally, David Martin's presence had recently become even more stridently in your face after Tedd's eclipse. It felt like David was glad to have Tedd downgraded. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I wonder if a photo exists of Gwen with just regular hair, not bouffanted to the max. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

I wonder if a photo exists of Gwen with just regular hair, not bouffanted to the max. 

There are some but they are old. Based on the makeup, I'd say early '00s or late '90s or so. Of course, Gwen hardly followed normal makeup trends so that may be off too. I share the curiosity of how she managed to get it to stay. I can never get my hair to do a damn thing I want it to for more than about 20 minutes, and somehow she managed to get that to stay? Honestly, that has to be some sort of miracle!

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Since the topic of Gwen's hair has been mentioned... does anyone have any clue how she actually made that look stick? I mean, I have a pretty normal hair style and can barely make stay in place no matter how much product I use. How the heck did she create the tower of terror and actually have it stay in place during her public appearances?  Enquiring minds want to know....  (And also for those who were unfortunate enough to meet her in real life, did it actually look like that or was it some kind of trick of the camera?)

My best guess was always wigs piled on top of each other and glued in with hairspray and that she was able to pop them off and on. Not snark, I don't think, but what I observed.  I assumed she had it custom made because she had hair loss from her eating disorder and she thought it looked good.

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

My best guess was always wigs piled on top of each other and glued in with hairspray and that she was able to pop them off and on. Not snark, I don't think, but what I observed.  I assumed she had it custom made because she had hair loss from her eating disorder and she thought it looked good.

How did she avoid fainting in Southern heat? Wigs are HOT. And the sweat! *shudder*  Not snarking on the style here, just on the very idea of having that much on my head all the time. NOPE NOPE NOPE NO THANKS!

I'm not saying you are wrong mind you because that's as good a theory as any, but next time I'm telling myself how much I hate my hair and its total disregard for being styled, I'll consider this alternative and learn contentment or something.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Two or three years ago Candace Anger and Erin Shamblin were up to some "girlish" hijinks and rather questionable escapades together. 

uhm, apologies if you can't elaborate for legal reasons, but like what? I heard Erin and another woman from the church whose name I can't remember used to go to ex-members' houses and harass them... Is that what you mean?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

There are some but they are old. Based on the makeup, I'd say early '00s or late '90s or so. Of course, Gwen hardly followed normal makeup trends so that may be off too. I share the curiosity of how she managed to get it to stay. I can never get my hair to do a damn thing I want it to for more than about 20 minutes, and somehow she managed to get that to stay? Honestly, that has to be some sort of miracle!

It was ratted.  I think she may have had some extensions as filler but if you rat your hair tightly enough and lock it with hairspray it will get even more matted.

I am the same with hair that doesn't obey for any length of time, but it would if I put it through that.  The damage would be extensive as Idk how she's ever comb it through without massive breakage.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

How did she avoid fainting in Southern heat? Wigs are HOT. And the sweat! *shudder*  Not snarking on the style here, just on the very idea of having that much on my head all the time. NOPE NOPE NOPE NO THANKS!

I'm not saying you are wrong mind you because that's as good a theory as any, but next time I'm telling myself how much I hate my hair and its total disregard for being styled, I'll consider this alternative and learn contentment or something.

To judge from her photos, I assume she had almost no body fat and possibly was cold most of the time. Many years ago, I had a friend in high school that I later guessed was anorectic. A group of us girls would go out together, and we would all be wearing T-shirts in the humid Maryland summers, and she would have a sweater layered over several long sleeved shirts. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It was ratted.  I think she may have had some extensions as filler but if you rat your hair tightly enough and lock it with hairspray it will get even more matted.

This is an equally horrifying alternative. Thanks for the nightmares I will be contemplating as I'm in the shower getting ready for work instead of the server upgrade I should be @HerNameIsBuffy and @nelliebelle1197!

Edited by Destiny
grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, FiveAcres said:

To judge from her photos, I assume she had almost no body fat and possibly was cold most of the time. Many years ago, I had a friend in high school that I later guessed was anorectic. A group of us girls would go out together, and we would all be wearing T-shirts in the humid Maryland summers, and she would have a sweater layered over several long sleeved shirts. 

PSA this was me when I had anemia even at healthy weight.  There are other things that can cause that, but women who are always chilly should get a CBC just to make sure nothing is going on.

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

This is an equally horrifying alternative. Thanks for the nightmares I will be contemplating as I'm in the shower getting ready for work instead of the server upgrade I should be @HerNameIsBuffy and @nelliebelle1197!

Just gonna drop this here for the hair example...Tim Minchin has hair very similar to mine and check out the back...it's his schtick for performing but if he didn't wash and comb between performances and went from light rat to a harsher version that's how you get Gwen's hair.

• Upvote 6

I have finally gotten through all the pages since the crash. As others have said, I don't feel sorry for Gwen and the other leaders, they were horrible leaders of a cult that have lead to eating disorders, shunning and death to family members. I feel shock. Within the last week or month I have posted on here the likelihood of her dying by a heart condition based on her long term anorexia never would have thought about a plane crash. Thanks @MomJeans and others for posting about possible legal maneuvers family or members may take. 

RF is a rich church/cult. I totally see someone trying to get ahold of the purse strings. As another has posted, money makes people do funny things. Family that did get along now are arguing about money. Happens all the time. I hope this helps to dissolve the cult but sadly I think they will just make the 7 martyrs for the "true" religion. 

18 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

<snipped> The most likely person to sue the estate might be the mother of Joe's child, since he won't be alive to pay child support.

I hope Joe's kid gets a trust out of all this and counseling. Her mom will also be able to get social security for the daughter until she turns 18. Depending on how many years Natasha Pavlovich & Joe Lara were married she might be able to get his social security when she is retirement age but she is an immigrant and not sure of her US status so not sure how that will work. 

The posts @jakesykora posted of Julia Palazoo WKRN's tweets about the recovery effort was surprising to me to see no houses on the lake. I read it is a reservoir, is this why there aren't any homes? 

Why do people keep saying how awful it is for Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah to have to raise small (meaning age not size) children during this grieving time? She does have 4 children at home but they aren't toddlers or all under 10. She appears to have 2 teens, a pre-teen and upper elementary. I assume the picture on the RF page is what causing people to call all her children young. Maybe a former RFer can tell us ages or approximate. Loosing her mom and husband in the same tragic event will be difficult to deal with but she isn't changing diapers and all the kids are old enough to have some understanding of death. It will still be hard. Like Joe's daughter, I hope all the minor kids that lost parents in this event get counseling. Scratch that, I hope all of the children (including adult children) get counseling outside RF and realize they are in a cult. Under spoiler picture on RF of the Hannah family vs Christmas 2020. (Off topic, the Hannah son resembles Mateo on Bunk'd; Disney show.)

Spoiler

Snag_868d8e.png.cfb9392fb3a5e4dadf61f734f68c4c74.png

unknown picture date

Snag_86f6f6.thumb.png.59974ff9dabf2c5ef0b16dfe7f98f5e9.png

Christmas 2020

Last thing about the plane, would a plane this size get to FL before a commercial flight? Would it take longer because it is a smaller plane? I see on a booking site that a direct flight from Nashville to Miami takes 2 hours 18 minutes. I know flying commercial is a hassle but that is the only option for the vast majority of us. 

On the side, when I clicked the link for more about Elizabeth Hannah goes to blank page. 

This is what is on RF: https://www.remnantfellowship.org/about-remnant-fellowship/leadership-team/brandon-and-elizabeth-hannah/ and this what happens if you click on "more about Elizabeth"

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d549315549f7867676e5b81875fab3f1.png

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 5

43 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Did she ever go outside? She did not seem to be a jogger or gardener!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

The next step is going to be the power play. Can someone reminds us about what happened with Tedd Anger. He was a founding member and something happened a year or so ago. @AmazonGracedo you recall?

I have obsessed about the devotionals because what the heck, somebody put that insanity online, but I have no insider info on anything RF beyond what's shared in this thread by former members. Not sure we ever had the full scoop as to why, just speculation.   IIRC it was reported that the Angers got jobs or started a business outside of RF shindigs in 2019-ish and they stepped down from leadership at some point but I have no idea which happened first or whether it was a voluntary decision  or peer pressure. Somebody thought it might be financial issues, after Gwen's divorce? Or the stress of the leadership? If they got in some trouble  with Gwen and were told to step back I'm not sure we would know? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

32 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I have finally gotten through all the pages since the crash. As others have said, I don't feel sorry for Gwen and the other leaders, they were horrible leaders of a cult that have lead to eating disorders, shunning and death to family members. I feel shock. Within the last week or month I have posted on here the likelihood of her dying by a heart condition based on her long term anorexia never would have thought about a plane crash. Thanks @MomJeans and others for posting about possible legal maneuvers family or members may take. 

RF is a rich church/cult. I totally see someone trying to get ahold of the purse strings. As another has posted, money makes people do funny things. Family that did get along now are arguing about money. Happens all the time. I hope this helps to dissolve the cult but sadly I think they will just make the 7 martyrs for the "true" religion. 

I hope Joe's kid gets a trust out of all this and counseling. Her mom will also be able to get social security for the daughter until she turns 18. Depending on how many years Natasha Pavlovich & Joe Lara were married she might be able to get his social security when she is retirement age but she is an immigrant and not sure of her US status so not sure how that will work. 

The posts @jakesykora posted of Julia Palazoo WKRN's tweets about the recovery effort was surprising to me to see no houses on the lake. I read it is a reservoir, is this why there aren't any homes? 

Why do people keep saying how awful it is for Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah to have to raise small (meaning age not size) children during this grieving time? She does have 4 children at home but they aren't toddlers or all under 10. She appears to have 2 teens, a pre-teen and upper elementary. I assume the picture on the RF page is what causing people to call all her children young. Maybe a former RFer can tell us ages or approximate. Loosing her mom and husband in the same tragic event will be difficult to deal with but she isn't changing diapers and all the kids are old enough to have some understanding of death. It will still be hard. Like Joe's daughter, I hope all the minor kids that lost parents in this event get counseling. Scratch that, I hope all of the children (including adult children) get counseling outside RF and realize they are in a cult. Under spoiler picture on RF of the Hannah family vs Christmas 2020. (Off topic, the Hannah son resembles Mateo on Bunk'd; Disney show.)

Hide contents

Snag_868d8e.png.cfb9392fb3a5e4dadf61f734f68c4c74.png

unknown picture date

Snag_86f6f6.thumb.png.59974ff9dabf2c5ef0b16dfe7f98f5e9.png

Christmas 2020

Last thing about the plane, would a plane this size get to FL before a commercial flight? Would it take longer because it is a smaller plane? I see on a booking site that a direct flight from Nashville to Miami takes 2 hours 18 minutes. I know flying commercial is a hassle but that is the only option for the vast majority of us. 

On the side, when I clicked the link for more about Elizabeth Hannah goes to blank page. 

This is what is on RF: https://www.remnantfellowship.org/about-remnant-fellowship/leadership-team/brandon-and-elizabeth-hannah/ and this what happens if you click on "more about Elizabeth"

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.d549315549f7867676e5b81875fab3f1.png

The makeup on those children makes JRod's clown attacks on her daughters look like a trip to Sephora.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Did she ever go outside? She did not seem to be a jogger or gardener!

I mean, point. I do or did both on a regular basis until a year or so ago, so I kind of assume everyone does at least some outdoor activity. On further reflection though, she does not strike me as the type for outdoor fun. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic