IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 16: Remnant after Gwen [Gwen and other RF leaders dead in plane crash]

Destiny

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This kind of stuff about Gwen’s hair has been discussed repeatedly in previous threads back when she was alive. You may have missed it. It seems icky snarking on her hair in the thread about her violent death in a plane crash.

For someone who got into a nasty 4-page argument with @LifelongRFSurvivor over tone policing, you sure seem to do a lot of it. 

What does it matter to you that someone wants to discuss her hair? Do the rules not allow it? Sure, we've been talking about her hair for years on this thread and we're all hair-ed out. And right now we have bigger fish to fry. So whatever, don't engage and move on.

And by the way, you gleefully joined the hair conversation, and even the conversation on the children's makeup just a few minutes later.

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

Pretty much this. If true, it is interesting that there’s a fracture happening, but frankly if woacb said the sky was blue I’d be looking for more confirmation. She’s been caught in too many lies. 

I don't know the Insta person cited, but I heard the same info independently from multiple people close to RF. There was a "secret" meeting. No phones/cameras allowed. The Insta post captures the "racism ain't real" message well. And less than a week later, one of the RF "deacons" was on Biden's FB page saying Biden had stolen the election. There used to be space in RF for Dems. Aside from "I don't see how anyone can stay" comments, I don't see how any Democrat can stay. (And yes, there are still Dems in RF. Check people's FB statuses from during the 2016 and 2020 elections.)

• Thank You 13

1 minute ago, Willow said:

I don't know the Insta person cited, but I heard the same info independently from multiple people close to RF. There was a "secret" meeting. No phones/cameras allowed. The Insta post captures the "racism ain't real" message well. And less than a week later, one of the RF "deacons" was on Biden's FB page saying Biden had stolen the election. There used to be space in RF for Dems. Aside from "I don't see how anyone can stay" comments, I don't see how any Democrat can stay. (And yes, there are still Dems in RF. Check people's FB statuses from during the 2016 and 2020 elections.)

I won't argue the veracity of the story because I don't necessarily think it's untrue, but that "source" is a known liar. That's the point I and others were trying to make -- You can't use her as a source without backup sources because she just isn't reliable. If the story is true and it might be based on you having confirmation as well, I find it interesting and a sign of hope for my hoped for implosion. I just wouldn't believe WOACB if she told me the sky was blue. She's been caught lying too many times. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Did she ever go outside? She did not seem to be a jogger or gardener!

I’m pretty sure she viewed jogging as a sin. Even when she was outdoors, in the woods, on an ATV she tottered about in high heeled boots. 

I bet Gwen never even used that big pool at her house. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I won't argue the veracity of the story because I don't necessarily think it's untrue, but that "source" is a known liar. That's the point I and others were trying to make -- You can't use her as a source without backup sources because she just isn't reliable. If the story is true and it might be based on you having confirmation as well, I find it interesting and a sign of hope for my hoped for implosion. I just wouldn't believe WOACB if she told me the sky was blue. She's been caught lying too many times. 

Thanks for clarifying. Like I said, I don't know that Insta poster and her history of lies. My sources re the Weds secret service involve people who were there and saw at least two families walk out. I personally saw the RF almost-leader's FB comment on Biden's page. RF seems to be going full-on MAGA. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

32 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

For someone who got into a nasty 4-page argument with @LifelongRFSurvivor over tone policing, you sure seem to do a lot of it. 

What does it matter to you that someone wants to discuss her hair? Do the rules not allow it? Sure, we've been talking about her hair for years on this thread and we're all hair-ed out. And right now we have bigger fish to fry. So whatever, don't engage and move on.

And by the way, you gleefully joined the hair conversation, and even the conversation on the children's makeup just a few minutes later.

Did you read my follow up post about how I admit I likely overreacted because the poster was mean to Penny Sycamore and then turned around and did the same thing she bitched at Penny about? Or did you gleefully quit reading so you could call me out on something I already backed off on?

And @LifelongRFSurvivor was not tone policing, but actually policing and attempting to shut down conversation.

Oh, and ETA, my hair comment was serious, not snark, and the makeup comment has nothing to do with Gwen, so relevance to your original issue?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 4
  • Move Along 2

22 minutes ago, Willow said:

Thanks for clarifying. Like I said, I don't know that Insta poster and her history of lies. My sources re the Weds secret service involve people who were there and saw at least two families walk out. I personally saw the RF almost-leader's FB comment on Biden's page. RF seems to be going full-on MAGA. 

Assuming that’s true (no offense intended, and i don’t think you’re lying but the ax murderer rule applies here) I genuinely hope that a) it leads to the whole house of cards falling, and b) it does so with no one getting hurt. MAGA people often have too many guns and paranoia and those things together never leads to hugs and puppies. 

Separately, the idea of calling a “secret service” is both weird and chilling. Cults gonna cult i guess, but i just can’t imagine going to a church that randomly expects me to go there at their beck and call. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

How did she avoid fainting in Southern heat? Wigs are HOT. And the sweat! *shudder*  Not snarking on the style here, just on the very idea of having that much on my head all the time. NOPE NOPE NOPE NO 

Dolly Parton does it (and I am in awe).

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, older than allosaurs said:

Dolly Parton does it (and I am in awe).

But Dolly is a superhero. Gwen … was not. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 9

One of my favorite YouTubers, Dr. Grande, has a video on Gwen! 

“...I’m not diagnosing anybody in this video. Only speculating about what could be happening in a situation like this...”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Separately, the idea of calling a “secret service” is both weird and chilling. Cults gonna cult i guess, but i just can’t imagine going to a church that randomly expects me to go there at their beck and call. 

Totally not the first secret info session at RF. I recall the GS/JL engagement announcement was entirely hush-hush; fortunately, I had  someone on site who texted me the minute it happened (after a webcast was over). On that topic: RF members were prohibited from posting pix from that wedding on social media until given the offical goahead. The wedding was not webcast live, and no one said it wouldn't be webcast until it was already happening. As a member back then, I was so upset that I couldn't watch. (Also, it was so crowded at the wedding that there was no seating except for old people; at least one person fainted while standing.) 

RF is a closed circle. You are in or out. And if you're in, you're happy to be "in the know" and you will show up, no questions asked.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 21
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Willow said:

Totally not the first secret info session at RF. I recall the GS/JL engagement announcement was entirely hush-hush; fortunately, I had  someone on site who texted me the minute it happened (after a webcast was over). On that topic: RF members were prohibited from posting pix from that wedding on social media until given the offical goahead. The wedding was not webcast live, and no one said it wouldn't be webcast until it was already happening. As a member back then, I was so upset that I couldn't watch. (Also, it was so crowded at the wedding that there was no seating except for old people; at least one person fainted while standing.) 

RF is a closed circle. You are in or out. And if you're in, you're happy to be "in the know" and you will show up, no questions asked.

That’s so freaking weird, creepy, and controlling. I know all those things are features of cults, and I know at some level a cult is an abusive relationship on a large scale, but I will never entirely understand how the people in them don’t see it. The cognitive dissonance involved both horrifies and fascinates me. 

Note: I was never in a cult, but I was a major fundie who would probably have been fine with such things at the time, and I wonder why I never saw it too!

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 19
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I’m trying to think of children of other ministries who successfully followed in their parent’s footsteps.  Falwell?  Phillips?  Sproul?  From what I’ve seen, Elizabeth and Michael may not have the drive and charisma.  Maybe Michael’s wife (Erin?).  The continuation of RF will be of interest to me over the next few years. 

In Mainstream Christianity - Andy Stanley - son of Charles Stanley

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

In Mainstream Christianity - Andy Stanley - son of Charles Stanley

Didn't Oral Roberts have a kid who went into the ministry? And Jim Bakker's son Jay is/was a hipster urban pastor. But he was trying to be an ordinary old pastor, not a televangelist.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Didn't Oral Roberts have a kid who went into the ministry? And Jim Bakker's son Jay is/was a hipster urban pastor. But he was trying to be an ordinary old pastor, not a televangelist.

I follow Jay on Facebook. I always liked him. 

• Upvote 4

Jay Bakker is like the opposite of his dad. He’s a progressive christian while his dad is just the opposite.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Didn't Oral Roberts have a kid who went into the ministry?

I believe Richard Roberts became a leader in his father’s ministry.

• Upvote 4

Just now, smittykins said:

I believe Richard Roberts became a leader in his father’s ministry.

YES! I was going to say Richard but I figured I was wrong!

17 minutes ago, Willow said:

Do you know if Joe was a church member before he met/hook up with/whatever it was they did Gwen? Or did he join after it became obvious he was to be Mr. Gwen?

8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I follow Jay on Facebook. I always liked him. 

I loved Tammy Faye. Couldn't help myself.

• Upvote 6

Just thought of another one.  I believe Robert Schuller's son followed him in Pastoring at the Crystal Cathedral in the LA area (and that son's daughter was featured in the first season or so of Laguna Beach)

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

Just thought of another one.  I believe Robert Schuller's son followed him in Pastoring at the Crystal Cathedral in the LA area (and that son's daughter was featured in the first season or so of Laguna Beach)

No way!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Do you know if Joe was a church member before he met/hook up with/whatever it was they did Gwen? Or did he join after it became obvious he was to be Mr. Gwen?

He moved into the neighborhood across the street from the building (nice area filled with RF families). Story is, local RFers descended to find out who the new neighbor was and invite him to attend church. He would sit a few rows back from the front on the same side as GS & fam. Not sure when he placed actual membership, but from the start, he seemed odd. GS was still married to David then.

Word is (gossip) that there was something between GS and JL pre-Shamblin divorce announcement (meaning the RFers-only-know announcement). Any one with eyes open could see she would be getting divorced when the website statement on divorce was revised. When they gave us the "big news" about the divorce, I was not surprised. 

Per the secret RFers-only engagement announcement, RF leaders said they "vetted" him (meaning investigated him to see if he was a fraud) and approved the match. But I always wondered if he knew exactly where he was moving to and exactly what he wanted to have happen with GS. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 22
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Willow said:

He moved into the neighborhood across the street from the building (nice area filled with RF families). Story is, local RFers descended to find out who the new neighbor was and invite him to attend church. He would sit a few rows back from the front on the same side as GS & fam. Not sure when he placed actual membership, but from the start, he seemed odd. GS was still married to David then.

Word is (gossip) that there was something between GS and JL pre-Shamblin divorce announcement (meaning the RFers-only-know announcement). Any one with eyes open could see she would be getting divorced when the website statement on divorce was revised. When they gave us the "big news" about the divorce, I was not surprised. 

Per the secret RFers-only engagement announcement, RF leaders said they "vetted" him (meaning investigated him to see if he was a fraud) and approved the match. But I always wondered if he knew exactly where he was moving to and exactly what he wanted to have happen with GS. 

I did not know about his moving onto the street and coming to the church but the rest is what I pieced together from other RF watchers. It is nice to have this all in one place laid out so nicely.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Do any of you with inside info know if there has been anything sent out to members re next steps?  Elizabeth? Michael? Elle? The Langsdons or anyone else taking the lead?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Assuming that’s true (no offense intended, and i don’t think you’re lying but the ax murderer rule applies here) I genuinely hope that a) it leads to the whole house of cards falling, and b) it does so with no one getting hurt. MAGA people often have too many guns and paranoia and those things together never leads to hugs and puppies. 

Hinting  Thinking of “house of cards”, don’t many influential people/organizations get taken down by financial investigations? I wonder if people sue if finances will be released and tax exemptions being taken away, etc. 

I am sure the die hardship will never admit to be taken for a fool, especially if they already believe in trump conspiracies. Between the supposed secret service and the magas rally, this might just cut out the Democrats and progressive/liberal members.

Edited by quiversR4hunting
I shouldn't type on my ipad. ugh.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

@clueliss, yes Robert Schuller son originally took over Crystal Cathedral. There was some kerfuffle between him and other family members. Crystal Cathedral has now been bought by the Catholic church. Hour of Power is now hosted by Robert Schullers grandson Bobby Schuller. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic